Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Challenge Cup XII

samhardy

58 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Did you just call him Samuel? 😮 he doesn’t like being called that Woody! Disqualify him Sam!!! 

Nice try...😂 editing quotes!! 

How are people finished already? I'm still trawling through 70 pages of free agents trying to work out which ones might improve this team.

Edited by scratch99
51 minutes ago, scratch99 said:

How are people finished already? I'm still trawling through 90 pages of free agents trying to work out which ones might improve this team.

Simple answer is that all the free agents you can get are so shite that you decide to not buy any and just play the actual game 😂😂😂

2 hours ago, chewkaiwen said:

Simple answer is that all the free agents you can get are so shite that you decide to not buy any and just play the actual game 😂😂😂

Haha, I think I've got a few young gems lined up. Mind you I've had to wade through so much shite and so many rejections to get them it's hardly worth it... 😖

Its lower league football style at its finest though, it doesn’t matter hows beautiful the game is,  you just need to outscore the opposition 😂😂😂

Had a match leading 4-1 and my opposition scores 3 in the last 10 mins to make it 4-4. 😂😂😂

1 minute ago, chewkaiwen said:

Its lower league football style at its finest though, it doesn’t matter hows beautiful the game is,  you just need to outscore the opposition 😂😂😂

Had a match leading 4-1 and my opposition scores 3 in the last 10 mins to make it 4-4. 😂😂😂

Yeah - I'm sticking to my trusted approach of quality youngsters, but I'm not sure how it will work down there. They'll probably get their a$$e$ handed to them! This could be going to go badly...

1 hour ago, chewkaiwen said:

Mine was the reverse. I was trailing 4-1 and in the last 10 minutes, my strikers made it 4-4 on overload🤩🤩

16 hours ago, ManLikeRobbieBrady said:

To be fair thanks to the high training facilities the players do get much better as the save goes on.

Finally have these lads playing decent football.

Having gotten a fair bit through now, I totally agree with this.

Hi guys, just want to clear something up.

I totally overlooked the play-offs at the end of the season! If you come 2nd, 3rd or 4th you are then put into a semi-final of the play-offs for promotion.

So for that: Each round of play-offs won is 1 pt (so if you win play-offs it’s 2 points) then we can add/minus your play-off goal difference.

apologies for not catching this sooner, hope it doesn’t affect anyone!

5 minutes ago, anfieldsquirrel said:

I totally overlooked the play-offs at the end of the season! If you come 2nd, 3rd or 4th you are then put into a semi-final of the play-offs for promotion.

So for that: Each round of play-offs won is 1 pt (so if you win play-offs it’s 2 points) then we can add/minus your play-off goal difference.

Wouldn’t that be unfair on the people that win the league outright though? They’d have a few less games to play hence affecting their goal difference? I may be totally stupid though 😂

6 minutes ago, anfieldsquirrel said:

In that case, i may have to redo my total tally posted.

21 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Wouldn’t that be unfair on the people that win the league outright though? They’d have a few less games to play hence affecting their goal difference? I may be totally stupid though 😂

Well what about going further in the cups...isnt it the same. 😉

10 minutes ago, Woody said:

Well what about going further in the cups...isnt it the same. 😉

No, say you win the league with +60GD for example, but Rob ends up in second with +60GD, he has three extra games for more points then where as you don’t. Am I correct or am I being completely stupid? 😂

32 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

If you win the league you’d surely have more points though... most points you’ll get from play-offs Is say 6 or so.

Unless the general concencus is that people want to scrap the play-off points?

4 minutes ago, anfieldsquirrel said:

If you win the league you’d surely have more points though... most points you’ll get from play-offs Is say 6 or so.

Theoretically yes, but giving someone who does worse in the league a chance to catch up on points with extra matches seems unfair to me.

End of the day there’s a chance someone could win the league with 80 points and someone to come second with 80 points. Second place then has an advantage

2 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Theoretically yes, but giving someone who does worse in the league a chance to catch up on points with extra matches seems unfair to me.

But you could of picked up more points going further in the cups no? Its still part of the league season. If not thats fine with me. I dont wanna fall out with anyone over it. 😂

15 minutes ago, anfieldsquirrel said:

Imo, if you want to give extra points for the playoffs then there should be extra points for winning the league outright. Just my opinion though.

1 minute ago, ManLikeRobbieBrady said:

Imo, if you want to give extra points for the playoffs then there should be extra points for winning the league outright. Just my opinion though.

Do you get what I’m saying then? Thought i was the only one! 😂

1 minute ago, ManLikeRobbieBrady said:

Thats fair.  2 bonus points.

2 minutes ago, Woody said:

Ok mate...you've probably blitzed us all anyway 😂

I’m not even involved in qualifying! 😂😂

1 minute ago, Nucleus said:

I’m not even involved in qualifying! 😂😂

😂 of course not...doh! Im sure you would of done though.