Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Ashez Plays The Squad Number Goal Challenge

Ashez

2 minutes ago, Ashez said:

You're slipping mate! 

I was still on the Liverpool trail!! If I’d have known I’d have said Santa Cruz to begin with 😛

Just now, Nucleus said:

I was still on the Liverpool trail!! If I’d have known I’d have said Santa Cruz to begin with 😛

I basically said yesterday that link will start to come and go 😛

6 minutes ago, Ashez said:

the hidden clue was in the wording insinuating he hasn't only played in Europe. 

Very clever clue, has me banging my head now that I realized it! hahaha

8 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Fair play you're a machine! 

Just took a guess as to which leagues you loaded for this save and looked at the top goal scorers in international football. I always associated Roque Santa Cruz, with his spell at Mexico, so if I hadn't gone into his profile and history never would have guessed it.

7 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I basically said yesterday that link will start to come and go 😛

No wonder Colin can’t stand the sight of you

23 minutes ago, S4NCH0 said:

Very clever clue, has me banging my head now that I realized it! hahaha

Just took a guess as to which leagues you loaded for this save and looked at the top goal scorers in international football. I always associated Roque Santa Cruz, with his spell at Mexico, so if I hadn't gone into his profile and history never would have guessed it.

I thought people had picked up on it with guesses like Suarez haha. 

Damn, so close! My aim is to win at least one round with no correct guesses lol. 

20 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

No wonder Colin can’t stand the sight of you

Leave that muppet out of this!!!!!!!!!!

7 hours ago, Ashez said:

I don't mind either approach though as long as it's not guessed instantly haha..

I'd better stay out of this then. 😁

Looking at the pace of things and the finishline line in the far far distance. It's a good bet this challenge will see FMM20's release day. 

49 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

I'd better stay out of this then. 😁

Looking at the pace of things and the finishline line in the far far distance. It's a good bet this challenge will see FMM20's release day. 

If you say so 😛

Na it'll be long done by then! The matches played doesn't really impact the updates as it's number to number, so it'll be done in at least under 99 days, so yeah it should last like 3 months granted but not a year 😂

Its so cool being able to play a little bit and getting a few updates under my belt though, as it means I'm just playing when I feel like it compared to feeling the need to to get updates out. Like tonight was the first time since the OP I played any and in like half hour worth of play I've pulled a further 3 updates in front. For efficiency this type of save is immense, it's even easier to manage than the Rogue save haha. 

32 minutes ago, Villen said:

That is probably the most enjoyable carrer i've ever seen, Keep up the good work :D 

You're too kind :D

Ashez Plays The Squad Number Goal Challenge

Season One
Update Seven

The first week is over and we're already on shirt number 9 or 10 once this update is over, what a wild ride! 

Squad Number 9
Roque Santa Cruz

6jSqL6p.jpg

I've always been a big fan of Roque Santa Cruz as he was just an enjoyable striker to watch who always reminded me of Robbie Keane, interestingly enough when Liverpool signed Keane it was Cruz who I wanted, history has shown Keane never really settled at Anfield while Cruz did decently at Manchester City. Maybe a Torres and Cruz double act wouldn't have worked but it's something I really wanted to see at the time. 

Match Unlucky Thirteen
Attempt One

Oh This Game!!

FjdfzVY.jpg

3-0 down in seconds! I tried to change my tactic at 2-0 but they'd nicked a third by the time I got the option. 

Au7UG58.jpg

Like wtf are you meant to do when the game decides you just aren't turning up!

HZb5GLb.jpg
4lK3Tol.jpg

However it's game on as Cruz pulls another back before half time, the most half hearted yes of all time right here. 

oL8NChW.jpg

We equalise at the death, I shut up shop and bang Everton steal the win. Like what's the point! Naturally Everton score their only shot on target in the second half, just ahhh. 

This is 100% scripted for derby games or big matches imo and I'll never believe different, yeah it's dramatic but there is so much BS going on here. Play any big derby game and similar stuff happens almost all the time, think Spanish Super Cup games when you're Madrid or Barca, just think how many questionable matches you've seen in that tie. 

Current Progress
1. Daniel Sturridge
2. Divock Origi
3. Dominic Solanke
4. Djibril Cisse
5. Milan Baros
6. Peter Crouch
7. Anthony Le Tallec
8. Florent Sinama Pongolle
9. Roque Santa Cruz

Cruz scores but after a match like that I can't celebrate it. 

Who Am I?

I've lived in France, England, Germany and Scotland but who am i?

As always thank you for viewing and any comments will be appreciated! 

Out from the top of my mind I’m guessing it is Steven Fletcher. I am just not sure if he played in Germany. Double-checking when I have my FMM with me.  

Edit: 

My second guess is Papis Cissé. If I am not mistaken he has played at least in France, Germany and England, just have to double-check about Scotland.

Edited by S4NCH0
1 hour ago, S4NCH0 said:

Out from the top of my mind I’m guessing it is Steven Fletcher. I am just not sure if he played in Germany. Double-checking when I have my FMM with me.  

Edit: 

My second guess is Papis Cissé. If I am not mistaken he has played at least in France, Germany and England, just have to double-check about Scotland.

Gutted as that didn't take long lol, it is indeed Steve. He didn't play in Germany but he lived there as a kid. He was actually born in the same town as me which I always forget lol. 

5 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Gutted as that didn't take long lol, it is indeed Steve. He didn't play in Germany but he lived there as a kid. He was actually born in the same town as me which I always forget lol. 

That was an extra hard clue. Couldn't imagine someone playing in those leagues. It is a good fun fact to know that Fletcher lived in Germany. 

Mr @Ashez are you hinting that the game might be rigged during big derby's!!

I liked Santa Cruz, watched him a few times at City, he was very strong especially in the air where Keane had more pace in his best days

nicely done Sir!

3 hours ago, S4NCH0 said:

That was an extra hard clue. Couldn't imagine someone playing in those leagues. It is a good fun fact to know that Fletcher lived in Germany. 

Yeah his dad was in the army so he lived on bases in England and Germany then he played in England, Scotland and France. 

3 hours ago, Foxy said:

Ok it was a BS result but at least Cruz stepped up and did his job for you.

True, it could have been worse!

2 hours ago, Cockers2505 said:

Mr @Ashez are you hinting that the game might be rigged during big derby's!!

I liked Santa Cruz, watched him a few times at City, he was very strong especially in the air where Keane had more pace in his best days

nicely done Sir!

I wouldn't say the result is but I do believe they're "rigged" in a way to make the games super dramatic. 

I'd be lying if I said I remember him clearly but he was a striker I really wanted us to sign, while his attributes were different to Keane it's the movement and touch I seem to recall being similar. 

2 hours ago, Nucleus said:

Fantastic result for the toffees! 😛

It seems that @S4NCH0 is a mind reader, so I’m slipping behind 😥

He's flying atm that's for sure!

1 hour ago, Rob2017 said:

It’s blown my mind that Santa Cruz is still playing. That boy had everything in his locker to be top notch but never really made it.

I only knew as I've come across him a few times in recent years so I was happy to use him. 

1 hour ago, Paul186 said:

Well done on another goal, but I agree there seems to be a lot of 90+ minutes goal; scored this season.

Tbf the late goals don't bother me half as much as the random full 5 rated performances which I've experienced on this save and the Madrid one now. It's just cheap and there is nothing you can do but hope the game allows them to find themselves again before it's too late. 

14 hours ago, Ashez said:

Forget my last, I was going to ask where you was born, thinking it was Germany, but didn't read it fully, my apologies, been a long night!!

Edited by Cockers2505

Ashez Plays The Squad Number Goal Challenge

Season One
Update Eight

I'm so stoked at how well this is going as the strikers are being crossed off at a solid rate and the response from you guys has been excellent! I had expectations in mind and you've blown them out the water! I was very nervous about how this save would do as it's very niche, massive and gimmicky but you guys are the best! 

Squad Number 10
Steven Fletcher

NOTuSfO.jpg

I had hoped Sam would have been back by this update as I know we'd have given me grief! You see a few years back I uttered the words I wouldn't mind Liverpool taking a punt on the Scotsman and while I'll admit it was a reach, he's hardly worse than some of the other squad strikers we've had over the years. Granted he never really pushed on as I thought he might but he's still around a 1 in 3 striker who isn't a bad shout compared to some of the dross we've fielded like Vororin, Lambert and Balotelli. All I'll say is my player judgement has improved since then 😂

Match Fourteen
Attempt One

HJeKd4H.jpg

Yet FMM agrees with past Ashez as Fletcher gets crossed off in his first match with a tidy finish from inside the box. 

Current Progress
1. Daniel Sturridge
2. Divock Origi
3. Dominic Solanke
4. Djibril Cisse
5. Milan Baros
6. Peter Crouch
7. Anthony Le Tallec
8. Florent Sinama Pongolle
9. Roque Santa Cruz
10. Steven Fletcher

What an ace list of strikers I've put together already! Sure a few Liverpool faces are there but when else would you see these lads highlighted! 

Quick question now though as how would you like the running list to function? Options I have 
1. Keep it going as is
2. Keep it going but spoiler it
3. Put 1-10 crossed off with page numbers & continue 11-20

It depends how much you guys like looking at it I suppose, personally I rather like it as is but I know it'll be getting longer and longer lol. 

Who Am I?

I'm rather unique as I've played for two international sides, the question is however who am i?

As always thank you for viewing and any comments will be appreciated! 

Edited by Ashez

Good. Scoring early on speeds  things up. Btw, I like his stats, may be a good player for a mid-table team. As for the list, I would prefer having it in spoiler form.

20 minutes ago, Cockers2505 said:

Is this one of those trick questions, like he played for serbia-montenegro and Montenegro for example?

I am looking for player from the  as well since they've had a recent history which we al know. 

some players that played for two national teams but one was youth teams are discarded I assume. Right? So, if Kondogbia plays for Central African Republic but he played for Franace U-20, should he be discarded? or does it count?

I am thinking Diego Costa here, I remember there was a lot of turmoil around him playing for Spain

2 hours ago, Nucleus said:

Steady going 😛

I like it how it is to be honest!

My first guess off the top of my head is Kevin Prince Boateng 🤷🏻‍♂️

Thanks 

So do I but I know a 99 long list won't be appealing lol. 

Incorrect but nice shout

2 hours ago, Foxy said:

Not sure if you would go for an ex toffee but I'm sure Tim Cahill played for 2 int teams.

Unfortunately not but another fantastic name to drop!

1 hour ago, Cockers2505 said:

Is this one of those trick questions, like he played for serbia-montenegro and Montenegro for example?

Not as such but I'll admit I am being tricky mainly because I couldn't think what else to base clues on. If this isn't guessed I'll go clear enough to ensure it is in the next clue (clue three). It was a tough one as my options were obvious or obscure so instead I went with tricky and slightly misleading yet within reason :s lol

1 hour ago, S4NCH0 said:

I am thinking Diego Costa

Nope

1 hour ago, Kanegan said:

Nacer Chadli ???

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

Steady going, mate! As for the trivia.. I know Nacer Chadli is one of those. 🤔

Nope, sorry guys 

New Clue

For the one I'm their record scorer and for the other I'm their oldest goal scorer

4 minutes ago, Ashez said:

New Clue

For the one I'm their record scorer and for the other I'm their oldest goal scorer

Is Florent Malouda still playing? I remember him playing the North American Gold Cup with Guyana and them losing points