Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Winter Update

SI definetly has an shady approach, they literally released an update that stated "hundreds of fixes" and nowhere did they mention intensity of fitness tweak or german national squad license...not like I care for the latter but I would still like to be notified about it before I go ahead and update since we all know updates are virtually irreversible

If people are gonna pay for something they should be fully aware about the service, its how it goes in my line of work, I dont see why app development should be any different 

I get that this game is not expensive but it does not matter

Imagine going into a bar and ordering a cofee with milk but waiter brings you Espresso and is like:"Bitch, what are you moaning about, it is only a pound anyway" 

I have a feeling that they are going behind our back and I refuse to support that 

34 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Which puts you in your own special category

I'm sure it doesn't. I can't be the only one who has a squad where most of the players have 100% fitness.

32 minutes ago, DutchTony said:

Great stuff. Mine aint!

Do you have state of the art training facilities and a gold natural rated fitness coach?

24 minutes ago, Ashez said:

So now they're wasting time fixing an issue that was never an issue to begin with instead of working on 2020. 

If you're referring to the player conditioning issue then that's your opinion. Plenty of people felt it was a serious issue. You only have to read the official SI forum to see how many people complained about players being unrealistically 100% fit all of the time.

20 minutes ago, Lav50 said:

and nowhere did they mention intensity of fitness tweak 

SI confirmed they were working on player conditioning through the official SI forum. They confirmed this week's (maybe a couple of months) before it was released in the Winter update. They then asked for feedback and did further work on it. SI were pretty transparent about it.

The German national team licence was odd though.

Edited by Lillywhite Dean

Played a bit more and I’ve got to the half way point of a season. I think players between about 22 and 31 may recover a touch better on latest “hot fix” but nothing like before winter update. Younger players however cannot play very much at all before they become jaded and I’m beginning to think that the game just has a switch at 22 where they become an older player that isn’t affected as much. I think monotony might develop rather quickly for me but it is just a game at the end of the day so I’ll just go and do something else if the enjoyment goes.

Just now, 1759 said:

Played a bit more and I’ve got to the half way point of a season. I think players between about 22 and 31 may recover a touch better on latest “hot fix” but nothing like before winter update. Younger players however cannot play very much at all before they become jaded and I’m beginning to think that the game just has a switch at 22 where they become an older player that isn’t affected as much. I think monotony might develop rather quickly for me but it is just a game at the end of the day so I’ll just go and do something else if the enjoyment goes.

So there goes a few of the challenges then! :( 

14 minutes ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

If you're referring to the player conditioning issue then that's your opinion. Plenty of people felt it was a serious issue. You only have to read the official SI forum to see how many people complained about players being unrealistically 100% fit all of the time.

Just did a "conditioning" search on Vibe for the past 12 months, it's mentioned by two people before the winter update, with one being you.

1 minute ago, Ashez said:

Just did a "conditioning" search on Vibe for the past 12 months, it's mentioned by two people before the winter update, with one being you.

Why are you mentioning Vibe when I mentioned the official SI forum?

5 minutes ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

Because he’s not on the official SI forums maybe?

Just now, Lillywhite Dean said:

For the same reason you're bringing other sites into this and for the same reason SI staff come here. 

Our bug thread has 6 times the views of their feedback thread 😂, not to mention basically 10 times the comments. 

If we're a niche in the fan base they don't exist ;)

8 minutes ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

I’ve just done a conditioning search on the SI forums for the past year. You come up 18 times out of a possible 96 for the ENTIRE site that covers all three games.

1 minute ago, Ashez said:

For the same reason you're bringing other sites into this and for the same reason SI staff come here. 

Our bug thread has 6 times the views of their feedback thread 😂, not to mention basically 10 times the comments. 

If we're a niche in the fan base they don't exist ;)

So the views expressed on the SI Forum don't count because they're not expressed on Vibe site. Is that what you're saying?

Just now, Nucleus said:

I’ve just done a conditioning search on the SI forums for the past year. You come up 18 times out of a possible 96 for the ENTIRE site that covers all three games.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

So the views expressed on the SI Forum don't count because they're not expressed on Vibe site. Is that what you're saying?

Not at all, but we're a more vocal part of the community so you'd expect big issues to be here as well and this one simply wasn't. 

However I can easy say that exact message back to you as you said it was an issue because it was there and discredited our views here :s 

11 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Yes that's probably true. I have provided a lot of feedback to other people's threads on the conditioning issue. I have also done the same for a lot of other issues as well such as player ratings, transfers and contracts, job offers or the overall difficulty level. 

I contribute a lot to the SI forum so my name will appear a lot.

46 minutes ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

Do you have state of the art training facilities and a gold natural rated fitness coach?

Yep

Edited by DutchTony
9 minutes ago, Ashez said:

giphy.gif

However I can easy say that exact message back to you as you said it was an issue because it was there and discredited our views here :s 

My point was that on the official SI forum,  player conditioning has been raised as an issue which means there is more than one opinion on this subject.

Edited by Lillywhite Dean
4 minutes ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

My point was that on the official SI forum,  player conditioning has been raised as an issue which means there is more than one opinion on this subject.

I'm not disputing that possibility but the game has bigger issues than people feeling the need to force rotate as they can't trust themselves to do it naturally. Noone says you have to use 100% players as you can rotate at any point, I just think it's daft people seem to think they need a reason to do it, as at the end of the day that's all this is. Low % is just a reason to rotate...Fact....Just because people are fit it doesn't mean they have to play. 

6 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I'm not disputing that possibility but the game has bigger issues than people feeling the need to force rotate as they can't trust themselves to do it naturally. Noone says you have to use 100% players as you can rotate at any point, I just think it's daft people seem to think they need a reason to do it, as at the end of the day that's all this is. Low % is just a reason to rotate...Fact....Just because people are fit it doesn't mean they have to play. 

This is where I disagree. It's not about force rotating. It's all about managing your squad. No team has all of their players 100% fit all of the time. Player conditioning adds an important aspect of management to the FMM experience. Do I play my star striker for the upcoming quarter final tie or do I rest him for the big derby match the weekend after? I've played my star playmaker in three consecutive games over an 8 day period. Can I push him for one more match before the winter break? These are genuine dilemmas managers face when in charge of a football club. And let's be honest, rotating your team isn't that difficult or time consuming to do. I have two team selections saved. An 'A' team and a 'B' team for certain cup tournaments. I usually load either selection and then make tweaks to that team based on who is fit and who isn't.

I'm loving this debate. Yes it has got a bit out of hand at times but its a debate worth tackling.

The fact that your forced to make changes is ridiculous, changes should be made on the manages wishes not because half of your 1st eleven is unfit. How do you get team cohesion when you cant play the same 11 at least a few games in a row. Its not right.

Who cares if players are getting to maximum fitness too quickly that isnt what FMM is about...its about fun and expressing yourself tactically not swapping players out every game.

If your want uber realism then play the pc version.

Just now, Lillywhite Dean said:

This is where I disagree. It's not about force rotating. It's all about managing your squad. No team has all of their players 100% fit all of the time. Player conditioning adds an important aspect of management to the FMM experience. Do I play my star striker for the upcoming quarter final tie or do I rest him for the big derby match the weekend after? I've played my star playmaker in three consecutive games over an 8 day period. Can I push him for one more match before the winter break? These are genuine dilemmas managers face when in charge of a football club. And let's be honest, rotating your team isn't that difficult or time consuming to do. I have two team selections saved. An 'A' team and a 'B' team for certain cup tournaments. I usually load either selection and then make tweaks to that team based on who is fit and who isn't.

More important than tactics, stats, information and set pieces?

You can still manage a squad sensibly without being forced, all those questions are still valid and also fall under form. 

And again that's all a bitch to keep track off in short play sessions when you play here and there. In longer play sessions it's reasonable sure but that's not entirely FMM's purpose. 

Detailed stats could however work alongside this, mins played, distance covered, sprints, intensity and so on would mean we can make informed decisions not ones based on a percentage. 

2 minutes ago, Woody said:

I'm loving this debate. Yes it has got a bit out of hand at times but its a debate worth tackling.

The fact that your forced to make changes is ridiculous, changes should be made on the manages wishes not because half of your 1st eleven is unfit. How do you get team cohesion when you cant play the same 11 at least a few games in a row. Its not right.

Who cares if players are getting to maximum fitness too quickly that isnt what FMM is about...its about fun and expressing yourself tactically not swapping players out every game.

If your want uber realism then play the pc version.

100% this! The game is at its worst imo when it's sticking it's nose in and getting in the way. 

Fun factor should be the key issue here. Sure a select few might not like the casual conditioning but like I said before rotating is always possible. 

3 minutes ago, Ashez said:

More important than tactics, stats, information and set pieces?

You can still manage a squad sensibly without being forced, all those questions are still valid and also fall under form. 

And again that's all a bitch to keep track off in short play sessions when you play here and there. In longer play sessions it's reasonable sure but that's not entirely FMM's purpose. 

Detailed stats could however work alongside this, mins played, distance covered, sprints, intensity and so on would mean we can make informed decisions not ones based on a percentage. 

100% this! The game is at its worst imo when it's sticking it's nose in and getting in the way. 

Fun factor should be the key issue here. Sure a select few might not like the casual conditioning but like I said before rotating is always possible. 

Exactly. Rotate because you want to, yes players tire as the season progresses and your forcedto player someone else because you have 4 or 5 players out injured...thats normal. I want more tactical input andi couldnt give a rats arse if my players are gettig fit too quickly. It was fine before.

4 minutes ago, Woody said:

Exactly. Rotate because you want to, yes players tire as the season progresses and your forcedto player someone else because you have 4 or 5 players out injured...thats normal. I want more tactical input andi couldnt give a rats arse if my players are gettig fit too quickly. It was fine before.

I didn't mind the second half of season fatigue approach tbf, at least then I always knew the trouble periods so when to be careful. 

Like what about momentum boosting conditioning, how often do you hear title challengers saying they're buzzing, dying to play again, and success builds and all that jazz. 

I'm with you completely, there are other areas the game could use improvements compared to little things like this. 

I think it would be interesting to see peoples top 5 wish list for improvements pre winter update. Honestly, my own players stamina wouldn’t have appeared on any sized list I wrote. I think so many things need work and some areas need work bad. Stamina was never something that featured in my thoughts when playing the game.

1 minute ago, LenTheWelsh said:

I think it would be interesting to see peoples top 5 wish list for improvements pre winter update. Honestly, my own players stamina wouldn’t have appeared on any sized list I wrote. I think so many things need work and some areas need work bad. Stamina was never something that featured in my thoughts when playing the game.

Big updates shouldn't come with the winter update imo. That's my biggest take away and memory of this time of year since 2013 lol. 

I'll admit I've not played since the first update dropped as I'm 6/7 seasons into a very risky save and now there is a chance my players and my tactic will be different or broken, that's a joke. 

I'll wait until the last patch is out but if this save is knackered due to SI's interfering I'll be livid. I'm too bloody scared to play my save ffs due to the time I've potentially wasted on SI's fancy 

6 minutes ago, LenTheWelsh said:

Mate thats because it wasnt an issue. A list would be great if only it got attention from the SI.