Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges Villa, Forest and Celtic challenge

SophiaFM

1st challenge so I’m open to criticism 🙂

3 fallen giants in British football, these 3 clubs all won the Champions League in a world before I and many of us were born, so the mission is can you take these 3 clubs out of the dark ages, out of the nostalgia goggles and bring them back to CL glory? The challenge is completed once you win the CL with all 3

Rules:

• Load England and Scotland 
  • Have a relatively British team like Villa, Forest, Celtic did. Foreign players are fine but some balance is needed. For example, your domestic player bias can’t be a very low number
  • The usual, no reloading, cheating and all that
  • Resign once you win the CL and move on to the next club (when the job is available of course)

Points systems:

• CL, the main aim = +200

I’m aware it will be a long term challenge and other trophies may be won along the way, so a system of points for:

• Premier League = +50
  • Scottish Premiership +25
  • Domestic cups = +10

One of the points explained, the Scottish Premiership is way easier to win with Celtic than it is for Villa/Forest to win the Premier League, you won’t even need to break a sweat. I also haven’t included other British CL winner clubs such as United, Liverpool, Chelsea due to all winning a CL in modern era and playing in it regularly. Enjoy the challenge 🙂

Leaderboard:

Interesting. Good idea 👍 

Will definitely have a go at this.

So many challenges I want to do

Edited by Tigahz

Yeah, really interesting challenge, tempted to do this.

The only constructive criticism I'd offer is about the mostly British part, which is a little wishy washy and will be interpreted differently by everyone. It might be better to give a bit more guidance, eg: "only 6 foreigners in your squad", etc. But that's only a little thing and might be just me - I like the rules to be really clear so I don't start second guessing myself about them!

Actually it might be interesting to do it using only the nationalities that those CL winning teams originally used (I looked into once and from memory Forest had English, Scottish and Nth Ireland players). That'd make it tougher! To be clear, I'm not suggesting that should be the rules, people can always do that stuff if they want to, I'm just thinking out loud. 🙂 

Anyway, this is fantastic and the fact that this is your first challenge is amazing - great work! 🙂

10 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Yeah, really interesting challenge, tempted to do this.

The only constructive criticism I'd offer is about the mostly British part, which is a little wishy washy and will be interpreted differently by everyone. It might be better to give a bit more guidance, eg: "only 6 foreigners in your squad", etc. But that's only a little thing and might be just me - I like the rules to be really clear so I don't start second guessing myself about them!

Actually it might be interesting to do it using only the nationalities that those CL winning teams originally used (I looked into once and from memory Forest had English, Scottish and Nth Ireland players). That'd make it tougher! To be clear, I'm not suggesting that should be the rules, people can always do that stuff if they want to, I'm just thinking out loud. 🙂 

Anyway, this is fantastic and the fact that this is your first challenge is amazing - great work! 🙂

It’s more about keeping the domestic player bias at a good level really, rather than buying every foreign player of the day and it goes down to 1. I feel an all British squad would be too difficult for this challenge and it’s not realistic in modern football, but at the same time there must be a bit of realism towards the history of the clubs, as they used British players, if you get me 🙂

18 minutes ago, Tigahz said:

So to put it short, predominantly British players, with a handful of foreign?

Pretty much yeah. I’m thinking for the 18 man squad, your starting XI and subs, it could be something like 10 British and 8 foreign, it doesn’t have to be that exact number but you can’t have a full foreign squad is the main rule here 🙂

3 hours ago, SophiaFM said:

It’s more about keeping the domestic player bias at a good level really, rather than buying every foreign player of the day and it goes down to 1. I feel an all British squad would be too difficult for this challenge and it’s not realistic in modern football, but at the same time there must be a bit of realism towards the history of the clubs, as they used British players, if you get me 🙂

Yeah, definitely wasn't saying all British should be the rule. I do get where you're coming from. I don't trust the Domestic Player Bias score though - mine is currently at 18 even though I only have 3 Scots in my first team squad at Celtic! 😄

49 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Yeah, definitely wasn't saying all British should be the rule. I do get where you're coming from. I don't trust the Domestic Player Bias score though - mine is currently at 18 even though I only have 3 Scots in my first team squad at Celtic! 😄

Lol must be one of the bugs FMM is renowned for. I’ve rarely had my domestic player bias in the green, had it in red before whilst having more than your 3 players 😆

2 minutes ago, SophiaFM said:

Lol must be one of the bugs FMM is renowned for. I’ve rarely had my domestic player bias in the green, had it in red before whilst having more than your 3 players 😆

The only time I’ve managed to max it out was during my Kean career where I also managed Italy so decided to just use more or less all Italian players at Juventus. I ended up in a situation where my team at Juve and Italy were practically the same and it made the international job much easier to manage when it can’t go picking the squad. 

5 minutes ago, SophiaFM said:

Yeah, I normally don't have it that high. I had more Scots early on, so maybe it's a hangover from that. I do tend to keep my young players around in the Reserves and on loan for a couple of years... But it's very weird...

14 hours ago, Scratch said:

Yeah, I normally don't have it that high. I had more Scots early on, so maybe it's a hangover from that. I do tend to keep my young players around in the Reserves and on loan for a couple of years... But it's very weird...

Now my Domestic Player Bias has gone up to 20, despite the only new Scots joining the club being from the youth team during the off season! However, I did find a Domestic Player Bias score in the the Team Report > Club Stats screen and that's set to 9.18%, which makes more sense. 

Just thought of a potential problem with the scoring system: if you finish the challenge quickly, you might earn less points than someone finishing it slowly.

For example, if it takes you 5 years to win the CL with Villa, you might win the EPL 5 times and get 250 points for that. If you win it in 2 years, you can only get a maximum of 100 points for the EPL.

10 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Just thought of a potential problem with the scoring system: if you finish the challenge quickly, you might earn less points than someone finishing it slowly.

For example, if it takes you 5 years to win the CL with Villa, you might win the EPL 5 times and get 250 points for that. If you win it in 2 years, you can only get a maximum of 100 points for the EPL.

True, but you can make the CL your priority when you’re in it every season as it’s the main aim 

Have started this, although not sure how far I will get through it. Will depend on how solid FMM20 is, whether I go back to FMM19 to finish off my current career there and whether I get into developing my scouting app again (can't use it in a challenge, which makes it hard to develop, means I need side careers for that, which is doable, but a pain). 

Starting with Forest. Wish me luck!! 🙂

4 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Is it worth the time and effort? 

Not in terms of money. I'll likely sell it (for a couple of pounds), but the amount of effort I've put into it is far beyond how much I'll get back, even if it does well.

But it's worth because a) I love digging into it and working things out (almost as much fun as playing for me); and b) I've been looking for an excuse to create a mobile app for about 5 years now (sort of related to my career).

Also, I want to add some other stuff if I can, like tracking 1KC totals, tracking player development, sorting your team and making notes against players etc. Just how much of that I'll ever work out is a mystery, but I'd like to have access to that sort of stuff myself. 

3 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Not in terms of money. I'll likely sell it (for a couple of pounds), but the amount of effort I've put into it is far beyond how much I'll get back, even if it does well.

But it's worth because a) I love digging into it and working things out (almost as much fun as playing for me); and b) I've been looking for an excuse to create a mobile app for about 5 years now (sort of related to my career).

Also, I want to add some other stuff if I can, like tracking 1KC totals, tracking player development, sorting your team and making notes against players etc. Just how much of that I'll ever work out is a mystery, but I'd like to have access to that sort of stuff myself. 

How about giving me for free (I’ll be tester 😏)

8 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Is it also a case of - it may lead to other/bigger things ideas etc? Interesting, mate. 

29 minutes ago, Lord Danish said:

How about giving me for free (I’ll be tester 😏)

Haha, there will probably be a beta test program and probably people from Vibe will get first preference, but we're getting ahead of ourselves... A lot to do before then. 🙂

25 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Is it also a case of - it may lead to other/bigger things ideas etc? Interesting, mate. 

Yeah, I've got a few ideas for other apps, but probably missed the boat by about 5 years! 😄

Anyway, we better stop talk about that in here, don't want to hijack the challenge thread...