Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games 2020 Vibe Premier League

samhardy

Nice challenge that is a lot more horrible than it may first appear. I finished last night so take what you want to from that. I think I went a bit overboard on league one players and a fair few never kicked a ball for us.

10 minutes ago, Woody said:

Nice try..... Your inner child cannot be classed as a friend. 

you're never alone with schizophrenia...

added 0 minutes later
4 minutes ago, Ian said:

Nice challenge that is a lot more horrible than it may first appear. I finished last night so take what you want to from that. I think I went a bit overboard on league one players and a fair few never kicked a ball for us.

Tbf its a brutal challenge, one minute you think your tactics amazing than you realise it only works against one opposition, im tempted to just forfeit to @BatiGoal now and save myself some humiliation later

Edited by Crashhart
6 minutes ago, Crashhart said:

you're never alone with schizophrenia...

added 0 minutes later

Tbf its a brutal challenge, one minute you think your tactics amazing than you realise it only works against one opposition, im tempted to just forfeit to @BatiGoal now and save myself some humiliation later

all good my man, BatiGoal is on minus a million so you only need to beat one other to get a 1-0 win, and with me in the mix you've got a fair chance there :D

i haven't started the league campaign yet @Ianyou nutter but i've done a fair bit of scouting on League One and thinking of doing very much the same thing as you :D

Just now, Mr Tree said:

all good my man, BatiGoal is on minus a million so you only need to beat one other to get a 1-0 win, and with me in the mix you've got a fair chance there :D

i haven't started the league campaign yet @Ianyou nutter but i've done a fair bit of scouting on League One and thinking of doing very much the same thing as you :D

Ive just finished and theres some absolute gems in League one - i found a CB and a striker who i imagine i will buy for a lot of challenges

6 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

I can highly recommend Ivan Toney as a decent striker option and also Baptiste for midfield. Sunderland have a fair few good options also but I went too far with it, proper kitchen sink stuff.

1 minute ago, Ian said:

I can highly recommend Ivan Toney as a decent striker option and also Baptiste for midfield. Sunderland have a fair few good options also but I went too far with it, proper kitchen sink stuff.

hmmmm..............

don't think Toney popped up for me. i'm working on some specific recruitment strategies that are working very well elsewhere (i might share sometime), so i've searched on that basis. obviously, any chance for a bees-related link will be explored, so it's either Baptiste or Wooooah Alan McCormack to bolster my centre-mid options...

2 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

wait.. my opponent @Ianmentioned he's finished... and now this... Ian out! 

I haven’t sent mine in yet. Just about to actually and I hope I haven’t fell into the same trap. I did nearly buy a player from Burnley and not even sure how it happened to be honest but luckily I saw it before finalising the deal. 

1 hour ago, Crashhart said:

im tempted to just forfeit to @BatiGoal now and save myself some humiliation later

Tell me about those temptations 😉 

30 minutes ago, samhardy said:

We have officially had our first disqualification of the tournament, make sure you double check the rules before starting everyone (the transfer one especially).

Is this Bobby? 

9 minutes ago, Ian said:

I haven’t sent mine in yet. Just about to actually and I hope I haven’t fell into the same trap. I did nearly buy a player from Burnley and not even sure how it happened to be honest but luckily I saw it before finalising the deal. 

dammit!!

it was getting a bit tricky scrolling through - so many rubbish little clubs that really should be League One or lower ;)

27 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Tell me about those temptations 😉 

Is this Bobby? 

This came a lot truer than I thought when I first posted it. Also everyone Livingston is a Scottish team and not a Lower league English one 😭😭

Edited by Crashhart
17 hours ago, Kanegan said:

I may have to forfeit this round as I am on vacation  with wifey and very difficult to get some game time. I will try but if not lucky you @smoggy90

I need a win don't get me wrong, but i would rather do it fairly than by default so hope you manage to get your entry in mate 

2 hours ago, smoggy90 said:

I need a win don't get me wrong, but i would rather do it fairly than by default so hope you manage to get your entry in mate 

I know mate but tbf I seriously don't know whether I can get any FMM time this week. 🙁

4 hours ago, Mr Tree said:

seeing as i'm almost comically overmatched here, can i please get maybe half-points for any league draws?

You aren’t overmatched at all my friend and I’d be very surprised if I’m anywhere near the top end of the scores this week. Just try your best and see what happens. As long as you haven’t bought anyone from say Motherwell you have a good chance.

40 minutes ago, Ian said:

You aren’t overmatched at all my friend and I’d be very surprised if I’m anywhere near the top end of the scores this week. Just try your best and see what happens. As long as you haven’t bought anyone from say Motherwell you have a good chance.

:D I appreciate your support but there's no way I could hang on the links with you and the Fox, for example! Anyway just got a nice couple of wins over the virtual festive period so it's not going too badly, but I've drawn Moan Utd in the FA Cup 3rd Round and no doubt you went deep in one if not both, so that deficit of cheeky cup points will have me on the back foot from the start :)

but I said at the top, I'm here for the banter and the participation certificate, no worries really :)

5 hours ago, Ian said:

As long as you haven’t bought anyone from say Motherwell you have a good chance.

With these sort of restrictions I never step foot in the market, it's a minefield of DQs. Imo best way to play it safe is to go directly to the division(s) and scour clubs from there. 

4 hours ago, Mr Tree said:

I'm here for the banter and the participation certificate

If it wasn't for that I'd never have played 1% of what I have on Vibe. 

12 hours ago, Ian said:

😭😭😭😭 it was Livingston ok!

Wifey was explaining something to me when Tommy banged home this 17-pointer:

1353356057_Screenshot_20200204-221255_FM20Mobile.thumb.jpg.8fdc8fea88330facfd662630016c9310.jpg

God knows what I've agreed to while not listening and celebrating!

1 hour ago, Mr Tree said:

1353356057_Screenshot_20200204-221255_FM20Mobile.thumb.jpg.8fdc8fea88330facfd662630016c9310.jpg

God knows what I've agreed to while not listening and celebrating!

There's a reason why she talks to you during your FMM endeavors. This game ends up being a pricey joke. 😂

1 hour ago, Mr Tree said:

Screenshot_20200205-170017.thumb.png.b4b5ddb108f20a6d2f5405176185a2c3.png

It's a lot easier if you use Sugar Daddy 👍 

10 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Screenshot_20200205-170017.thumb.png.b4b5ddb108f20a6d2f5405176185a2c3.png

It's a lot easier if you use Sugar Daddy 👍 

not sure what that's got to do with it, i could afford the players i wanted easily :)

in fact i just beat Spurs - in a busy schedule, i rested my whole team against Spurs (15pts) with Sheff Utd (14pts) coming up 3 days later. ofc, beat Spurs, lost to Sheff U :D

33 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

not sure what that's got to do with it, i could afford the players i wanted easily :)

Mate, I bought half my team from EPL clubs. Send your results in on Sat night and @samhardy will be calculating points on Sun morning. His drunk face won't have a clue 👍