Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Rob tries the KDB Challenge - Attempt 1

Rob

Spoiler

So I thought I would give the greatest challenge this forum has ever seen a go.

1830602E-F761-4B3A-90D5-9E8D332D72CF.thumb.jpeg.8ae546081abfbd35cbb9430a5f8b56bf.jpeg

I was going to do a mid-season post, but I will just rattle through it and do a post at the end. The reason being that I want to give it two attempts with two different tactics.  

One thing that will be the same throughout boy attempts is that I will have an A and B team. The A team, which KDB will be a part of, will play league games. The B team will play all Cup competitions, except for when fixture congestion picks up.

Wish me luck! 

4 minutes ago, Hamza lfc said:

Good Luck!!! I think De Bruyne is one of the best players on FM. Shame he gets injured so much

I was say to @Foxy that I have rarely had injury problems with him in the past. His stamina drops easily in games and needs subbing a lot, mind. I tend to use the November database, so not sure if that matters?

57 minutes ago, smoggy90 said:

Good luck mate! One for my shortlist this one, along with your Neymar/Mbappe one too. 

31 minutes ago, Ian said:

Best of luck Rob.

30 minutes ago, Woody said:

Best of luck dude 👍

5 minutes ago, Kanegan said:

Looking forward to this Rob.

Thanks lads. I may have finished already 🙄

Attempt #1 Results

A gentle reminder that this is a one season challenge with the score equalling league goals plus league assists.

Transfers

48408113-9879-4586-AF9A-41546DF881BF.thumb.jpeg.c19d8689418b9532142afde947acc8dc.jpeg2D423450-5519-4C6B-A9AD-AC22751353DA.thumb.jpeg.ba10979f8a82831c4768ebf1e66ab766.jpeg

I have a thing for Saul and Bruno. I can’t help it. The first can fill plenty of positions and is, for me, the best all-rounder in the game; the latter is just a sexy beast of a man. If this was the challenge cup he would definitely get me a semi appearance.

Quintero is the best bargain in this year’s game.

Team and Manager Performance

Just to remind everyone, my A team played the league games and B team played the Cups. That’s why this happened:

EBDD2259-6BF8-4DB3-8B10-962A7BECD953.thumb.jpeg.219d5209aa0c71429a68ae36c6b262cb.jpeg

We romped the league, but I was a bit surprised we drew as many as we did at the end. It felt like we won more. Room for improvement there.

25CABB2B-5AEC-453C-9565-EA0FFE11135E.thumb.jpeg.f95bf84c5472e3b376d1f8347fa9863f.jpeg

Decent enough manager performance. A fairly good goal per game too.

Kevin’s Performance

First thing first, he played every league game. Like I said earlier in the thread, I have never had any injury problems with him in the past and he’s never had that wording in any of my coach reports. With the majority of fixtures being league-cup-league it meant he could play all nineties minutes of each game, which helped massively. It was only the Christmas congestion that I had to sub him off and rotate the B team, with him included in, in to the occasional league game.

He got 37 assists.

D3B00ED8-0DD6-4862-8CBF-A105CD602FCC.thumb.jpeg.db78f2fdd5fb947351270e9619b1c3dd.jpeg

...and 38 goals. 

244096E8-2B60-4B83-8A8D-A0144CFD305A.thumb.jpeg.cacca1d7a292356bc99d24b2b9e2d484.jpeg

Pretty much one of each per game. The OCD in me is really irritated that it wasn’t 38 and 38. It’s a bit like putting petrol in the car and it reaching £29.98p.

A3F9ACFA-956D-45BE-8E6B-5CC35CBC58D2.thumb.jpeg.60a8b3f8bfc0c3ea1f5e0989dee258f0.jpeg

That gives me a score of 75. I am really pleased with that, but I am 100% sure it is beatable as a load of you have monster tactics that give birth to an excess of goals. I will take a break and do something else before try my second, and final, attempt.

Thanks for reading and all comments welcome!

Good total but definitely beatable.

6 minutes ago, Rob said:

The OCD in me is really irritated that it wasn’t 38 and 38. It’s a bit like putting petrol in the car and it reaching £29.98p.

You wouldn’t want to be there when I fill up then as I just stop when the tanks full and don’t look to get a round number.

Very nice total there Rob.

He’s a very good player simple as that, truly fabulous in fact. I enjoyed my attempt mainly because I hadn’t used him much and he might not be injury prone at all as I may have been guilty of overplaying him.

25 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Good total but definitely beatable.

You wouldn’t want to be there when I fill up then as I just stop when the tanks full and don’t look to get a round number.

I tend to do that, if I’m honest. £37.43 doesn’t bother me... but £37.97 would. Weird.

7 minutes ago, Ian said:

Very nice total there Rob.

He’s a very good player simple as that, truly fabulous in fact. I enjoyed my attempt mainly because I hadn’t used him much and he might not be injury prone at all as I may have been guilty of overplaying him.

Wonderful player. I’m fairly sure you’ll beat it in your next attempt though.

5 minutes ago, Kanegan said:

What a score mate.

Cheers Kane.

1 hour ago, gz88 said:

Amazing mate. What tactic did you used? I am trying all different tactics from index, and would like to try yours. Thank you!!

Thanks. A unique tactic I worked on a lot. These little challenges really help you develop stuff.

On 12/08/2020 at 03:39, Rob said:

as a load of you have monster tactics that give birth to an excess of goals.

Umm, 165 goals in the league is pretty damn good. I can only dream of that! How many more people out there with tactics like that? A few I guess, there are some really tactic tweakers on here! Maybe I need to give up my Defensive approach... 🤣

Edit: Was so blown away by the number of goals I forgot to say well done mate! Cracking season. 

Edited by Scratch
3 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Umm, 165 goals in the league is pretty damn good. I can only dream of that! How many more people out there with tactics like that? A few I guess, there are some really tactic tweakers on here! Maybe I need to give up my Defensive approach... 🤣

Edit: Was so blown away by the number of goals I forgot to say well done mate! Cracking season. 

Cheers. It was 126 in the league and 165 overall, so not that great! 

Just now, Rob said:

Cheers. It was 126 in the league and 165 overall, so not that great! 

Oh, right... 126 is pretty good still. Have managed that but not that often. I was just getting fired up to go experiment a bit, LOL... I always come back to a Defensive tactic, even in my 2 up front challenge right now - less goals overall, but more directed to the strikers. But I really need to let go of that and try some more attacking things (maybe like a Bati 1 0 2 2 5 or something 😄)...

1 minute ago, Scratch said:

Oh, right... 126 is pretty good still. Have managed that but not that often. I was just getting fired up to go experiment a bit, LOL... I always come back to a Defensive tactic, even in my 2 up front challenge right now - less goals overall, but more directed to the strikers. But I really need to let go of that and try some more attacking things (maybe like a Bati 1 0 2 2 5 or something 😄)...

I genuinely look forward to seeing what you come up with! Good luck! 

2 minutes ago, Rob said:

I genuinely look forward to seeing what you come up with! Good luck! 

I generally develop on the go, just finishing up season 2 of my DT/TT, so I'll experiment a bit in season 3 - but if it doesn't work, I'll run back to my boring tactic...

7 minutes ago, smoggy90 said:

Excellent score mate! 165 goals overall in the first season is mighty impressive too. Super KDB!

Cheers Smog

On 11/08/2020 at 12:51, Rob said:

Reveal hidden contents

So I thought I would give the greatest challenge this forum has ever seen a go.

1830602E-F761-4B3A-90D5-9E8D332D72CF.thumb.jpeg.8ae546081abfbd35cbb9430a5f8b56bf.jpeg

I was going to do a mid-season post, but I will just rattle through it and do a post at the end. The reason being that I want to give it two attempts with two different tactics.  

One thing that will be the same throughout boy attempts is that I will have an A and B team. The A team, which KDB will be a part of, will play league games. The B team will play all Cup competitions, except for when fixture congestion picks up.

Wish me luck! 

Good  luck ☺