Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career The My Way TT at Newcastle [Season 7]

Scratch

Wow! Looking like a regular Newcastle season with some of those results, I'm just waiting for you to get turned over by the bottom of the league who haven't scored in half a dozen games and haven't won in even more.

18 minutes ago, RichD said:

Nice start mate! Pellegri with a very good stat update which is nice, I’m sure they’ll smash this. 

All Hail Joelinton.

Thanks mate. I really want Joelinton to do well, so I can sell him! 🤣

Sadly after the good start, he's reverted to type...

17 minutes ago, geordiekrispy said:

Wow! Looking like a regular Newcastle season with some of those results, I'm just waiting for you to get turned over by the bottom of the league who haven't scored in half a dozen games and haven't won in even more.

It'll happen sooner or later. We'll get some shock wins, then we'll get hammered by the bottom dwellers and the fans will call for my head... But I won't tell them "Okay I'm gonna do it my way now", because it's already my way! 😄

7 minutes ago, RichD said:

Very entertaining start there mate, fans will be more than happy I’d say, it’s what we want, goals 😂

Yep, and it's the one thing I can deliver. Have to work towards winning something eventually, but you're guranteed goals while I'm in charge! 😄

6 minutes ago, Kanegan said:

Crazy start as expected from a @Scratch career. Good luck. 

Thanks mate! I'm encouraged by the start so far as the youngsters are scoring reasonable well and we're winning as many as we're losing! 

1 hour ago, Scratch said:

@Chris @smoggy90 @Rob

Thanks fellas... It's been a wild ride so far:

1927066386_Screenshot_20210201-105222_FM21Mobile.jpg.990b241c55c485f161ac1d330182f5c6.jpg

The feedback from the fans is that they think I'm probably crazy, but that at least it's entertaining football...

Wow that is typical Newcastle form! I was only joking about it.

1 hour ago, geordiekrispy said:

Wow that is typical Newcastle form! I was only joking about it.

Well, I seem to be beating the bad teams and getting thrashed by the good ones! 😄 Eventually we should win almost every game, but going to take a season or two for that (assuming we don't spiral and I get sacked)...

Okay, time for a couple of tips...

Note this is bending the game a bit, so if you don't want to know, exit now! It's a bit like when I revealed some buying / selling tips and some people would have preferred not to know. 

With a very young team, it's important to have the best staff and facilities you can get, to help the develop. This is my coaching staff:

1869155836_Screenshot_20210130-121406_FM21Mobile.jpg.d526507f876c0db1a2ab59b1d45fa541.jpg

Yes, I do have Roy Keane as Fitness coach! Why would I get an ex-Sunderland Manager as a coach? Well, I needed a Fitness coach and all I could get was a Bronze one and he was the only one with a natural aptitude. Thanks FMM...

Anyway, as you can see I've managed to upgrade most of the existing staff, which brings me to the tip: 

Never ever just choose Take Coaching Exam for a staff member you want to upgrade.

Chance are they will fail. Instead, add a new member to staff and get them to take the exam. If they pass, then go and ask the rest of your staff (regardless of their area) to take the exam. They will be bouyed by the confidence of the new guy passing and they are much more likely to pass. But it's a chain - once someone fails, then most of them will fail. So when the first staff member fails, bring in another new member, get them to pass and start again. 

It doesn't work every time, but it does work most of the time, as you can see above. 

Next, these are my facilities:

2027131365_Screenshot_20210130-121428_FM21Mobile.jpg.7d034295235f18a6e6a13112be3fe969.jpg\

I haven't asked for the youth facilities to be updated yet, I'll do that later. Priority number one is the training facilities and I don't want to waste any approvals on the youth facilities.

Newcastle were incredibly bad this year (worse than last year I think), with only Average training facilities. I'm not sure exactly what the order is (does anyone?), but I've got them up to Superb, which I think is 4 steps, before a ball is even kicked... Which brings me to the tip (might be Android only, this might not happen on iOS):

Never ever just choose Improve Training Facilities and Confirm after starting a new game.

Chances are it will be rejected and then you will need to wait 6 months before asking again. Instead save your game and then totally kill the FMM app. On Android you can go to recent apps and swiped it closed. I think it remembers the last time you were rejected in your previous save or something and you need to kill the app to make it forget and just judge this request on merit. Then make your requests. They should definitely approve 2, probably 3 if your reputation is Superstar or even 4 (though that's the first time I've managed that). Assuming you have enough money to cover it of course.

Note, just to be clear, this is not reloading, where you try something and then exit without saving if it doesn't work - that's not allowed in any challenge here on Vibe. This is saving immediately before exiting with no other changes.

There you go... Though I'm interested - is that new to people or does everyone know about those?

55 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Anyway, as you can see I've managed to upgrade most of the existing staff, which brings me to the tip: 

Never ever just choose Take Coaching Exam for a staff member you want to upgrade.

Chance are they will fail. Instead, add a new member to staff and get them to take the exam. If they pass, then go and ask the rest of your staff (regardless of their area) to take the exam. They will be bouyed by the confidence of the new guy passing and they are much more likely to pass. But it's a chain - once someone fails, then most of them will fail. So when the first staff member fails, bring in another new member, get them to pass and start again. 

It doesn't work every time, but it does work most of the time, as you can see above.

This could be useful, I've never twigged that if one failed the rest would. I generally look and if there's someone available as good or better, I'll sack whoever I need to, get the new guy in and ask him to sit an exam and then just work my way up the coaches to ensure they're all the best.

p.s. I still haven't been able to remember/successfully do your buying and selling tip.

32 minutes ago, geordiekrispy said:

This could be useful, I've never twigged that if one failed the rest would. I generally look and if there's someone available as good or better, I'll sack whoever I need to, get the new guy in and ask him to sit an exam and then just work my way up the coaches to ensure they're all the best.

p.s. I still haven't been able to remember/successfully do your buying and selling tip.

I might have written that in a way that makes it sound a little more definite that it should be!

I don't think it necessarily means every single staff member after that will fail, just most do, at least for me. Same with the successes after the new person succeeds, they don't always succeed, just they do much more often. Over the years, I've just found this stuff increases the chances of me upgrading staff.

LoL, I can't even remember exactly what I said about buying and selling tips now, I have to go back and find it! 

Some rather wild results but if the majority of the goals are going to your challengers then you’ll be ticking along nicely. Of course, you need to make sure to avoid the dreaded sack. 

12 hours ago, Rob said:

My favourite screenshot so far. 

You'll like this one better... Your lads smashed us 5-0. Also dumped out of both cups in successive games. Love it.

233222221_Screenshot_20210202-010033_FM21Mobile.jpg.d2302cadaa9d86b99954916591a7d16e.jpg

Edited by Scratch
12 hours ago, RichD said:

At least you’re still scoring the goals though mate 😂

Yeah, that's true. It's definitely entertaining football too. There have been a few times where I've been tempted to close up shop, but I generally just play the 1 2 1 3 3 - should settle down and give away less goals in the next season or two (I hope)...

18 hours ago, Scratch said:

I might have written that in a way that makes it sound a little more definite that it should be!

I don't think it necessarily means every single staff member after that will fail, just most do, at least for me. Same with the successes after the new person succeeds, they don't always succeed, just they do much more often. Over the years, I've just found this stuff increases the chances of me upgrading staff.

LoL, I can't even remember exactly what I said about buying and selling tips now, I have to go back and find it! 

I tried this with my new Ticket to Ride career and got all my new staff in, then got them to start doing the courses, I think they all passed and the old staff failed, then my assistant passed after 3 fails... So I don't know.

11 hours ago, Ian said:

Some rather wild results but if the majority of the goals are going to your challengers then you’ll be ticking along nicely. Of course, you need to make sure to avoid the dreaded sack. 

Yeah, they are getting a reasonable amount, not TT levels though. Hopefully should build over the next year or two. 

As for the sack, even though we sank as low as 16th and had some terrible results, the board are still pretty happy. When I last played Newcastle they were much more demanding, but this seems much more true to life... 🤣😭

7 minutes ago, Scratch said:

You'll like this one better... Your lads smashed us 5-0. Also dumped out of both cups in successive games. Love it.

233222221_Screenshot_20210202-010033_FM21Mobile.jpg.d2302cadaa9d86b99954916591a7d16e.jpg

I'd hate to see what your overall goal difference was. You seem to be either getting smashed left and right or doing ok and smashing the "lesser" clubs.

Fingers crossed it can tighten up a bit next season and you don't get sacked before it does.

Just now, geordiekrispy said:

I tried this with my new Ticket to Ride career and got all my new staff in, then got them to start doing the courses, I think they all passed and the old staff failed, then my assistant passed after 3 fails... So I don't know.

Oh well, seems to mostly work for me, so dunno what that's about. About half the tips I share seem to work for others and half don't, but they all seem to work for me (most of the time). 

Just now, Scratch said:

Oh well, seems to mostly work for me, so dunno what that's about. About half the tips I share seem to work for others and half don't, but they all seem to work for me (most of the time). 

Nah I like the idea of "tips with Scratch" thread :)

I have a feeling I should have stopped when the first staff failed, but I only had 2 or 3 left after them.

I need to have your "buying and selling" tip open on my pc whilst playing on my phone to see if it works properly. I'm generally too lazy and will just either take what's offered or just keep trying and inevitably keep the player when I can't sell them!

1 minute ago, geordiekrispy said:

I'd hate to see what your overall goal difference was. You seem to be either getting smashed left and right or doing ok and smashing the "lesser" clubs.

Fingers crossed it can tighten up a bit next season and you don't get sacked before it does.

At the moment our goal difference is .... 0!

22 Games, 66 goals for, 66 goals against... 

Every other time I've used this tactic from the beginning it goes like this, although this is more extreme because it's the EPL. Generally as the players get better it tightens up - I still have the odd game where we ship a lot of goals, and Goals Against is never low, but we win most games and the difference is high. Not sure how it will go in the EPL though, maybe we won't tighten it as much as I'd like...

As for getting sacked, Cashly is fine with me losing a lot, suits him just fine, as long as we don't actually go down and hurt the price he can get for the club...

3 minutes ago, geordiekrispy said:

Nah I like the idea of "tips with Scratch" thread :)

I have a feeling I should have stopped when the first staff failed, but I only had 2 or 3 left after them.

I need to have your "buying and selling" tip open on my pc whilst playing on my phone to see if it works properly. I'm generally too lazy and will just either take what's offered or just keep trying and inevitably keep the player when I can't sell them!

I feel like I should make videos for them, Maybe I'm missing a step when I write it out or something - at this point it's all automatic for me. I sort of want to do that, but haven't had time yet...

5 minutes ago, Scratch said:

At the moment our goal difference is .... 0!

22 Games, 66 goals for, 66 goals against... 

Every other time I've used this tactic from the beginning it goes like this, although this is more extreme because it's the EPL. Generally as the players get better it tightens up - I still have the odd game where we ship a lot of goals, and Goals Against is never low, but we win most games and the difference is high. Not sure how it will go in the EPL though, maybe we won't tighten it as much as I'd like...

As for getting sacked, Cashly is fine with me losing a lot, suits him just fine, as long as we don't actually go down and hurt the price he can get for the club...

True, you never know though, it might all change if a takeover happens...