Jump to content
FMM Vibe
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TMCELT67

Help Help Needed 1K total failure

Recommended Posts

I’ll keep it short and sweet, I’ve been playing fm mobile for as long as I can remember and I’ve never been able to complete the 1K challenge I’ve not even come close, I have no problem winning trophies but when it comes to getting this challenge complete I’m a total flop.. here is my player and tactics any advice/criticism is welcome 😂imageproxy.php?img=&key=29906ed9e9968481

61B2EB2A-65B4-42BA-A136-497715A7310C.png

BF183E43-22D6-45A0-BEBA-50A663E9C1C1.png

22D90182-1FE9-4547-9DE1-1AB8F55EEE97.png

8F51AC49-A6FD-4711-9A10-D2A6891DDE7C.png

2B06446B-F90C-4835-B438-F727A5759DCC.png

5CEBE773-C79C-4406-A98A-B95E5611E6F3.png

16384A01-B261-435A-B1FA-5E3585C1F3EB.png

7175DBCA-85D9-471E-89CA-3F5685609E37.png

2AD3A42C-6B0E-43CA-B3DB-FF68D75C842E.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TMCELT67 said:

I’ll keep it short and sweet, I’ve been playing fm mobile for as long as I can remember and I’ve never been able to complete the 1K challenge I’ve not even come close, I have no problem winning trophies but when it comes to getting this challenge complete I’m a total flop.. here is my player and tactics any advice/criticism is welcome 😂imageproxy.php?img=&key=29906ed9e9968481

61B2EB2A-65B4-42BA-A136-497715A7310C.png

BF183E43-22D6-45A0-BEBA-50A663E9C1C1.png

22D90182-1FE9-4547-9DE1-1AB8F55EEE97.png

8F51AC49-A6FD-4711-9A10-D2A6891DDE7C.png

2B06446B-F90C-4835-B438-F727A5759DCC.png

5CEBE773-C79C-4406-A98A-B95E5611E6F3.png

16384A01-B261-435A-B1FA-5E3585C1F3EB.png

7175DBCA-85D9-471E-89CA-3F5685609E37.png

2AD3A42C-6B0E-43CA-B3DB-FF68D75C842E.png

@Scratch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You need to play attacking or overload, not defensive

Ang go with shoot on sight. 

On this type of challenge you need to use a CF or TM, not AF, he creates goals for him and for others

Also, two BBM are a bit two much, maybe change one to a AP, or DLP

Edited by George Traistă

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Scratch plays defensive and it seems to work well for him but personally I would take off expressive as that’s telling players to think for themselves more so balanced would be better.

Two BBM’s is ok and has worked well for me and others like @Ian in the past but you lack creativity in the middle so I would change the CM to an AP as George suggested. Then make sure the BBM’s can handle the defensive side of the game when you get to big European games although in a few seasons your squad should be good enough to handle those games as well.

Take a read through this thread as there’s tons and tons of good advice in here.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

@Scratch plays defensive and it seems to work well for him but personally I would take off expressive as that’s telling players to think for themselves more so balanced would be better.

Two BBM’s is ok and has worked well for me and others like @Ian in the past but you lack creativity in the middle so I would change the CM to an AP as George suggested. Then make sure the BBM’s can handle the defensive side of the game when you get to big European games although in a few seasons your squad should be good enough to handle those games as well.

Take a read through this thread as there’s tons and tons of good advice in here.

 

I don't like to to have BBMs or RPs on this type of challenge as they tend to take away goals from your striker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've gotten the most out of a lone striker playing on counter usually, since it keeps the midfield back far enough so they aren't tempted to shoot often. I would also swap the player role to poacher, and push your FBs up to wingbacks and make sure they are also excellent crosses. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great you’re tempting the challenge exactly the same player and club as I’m doing. It’s not a bad amount imo if you’re considering his age and the challenge you’re doing. 8 goals might look bad but it’s not for a 17 years old. I got myself 79 in the first season but I’m tempting to get 2k which need me to score insane amount of goals consistently. So don’t worry about it mate.

There’s a few problems I think might affect your goals in the future. Firstly, I think the squad is quite poor in term of potential. Turnbull and Ntcham can be a useful rotation player but players like Brown, Christie, Taylor, etc. are only as good as youngsters you could’ve bought for cheap like Nuno Mendes, Yan Dhanda and Alfie McCalmont.

Tactical wise, you’re lacking creative output. Change either one BBM or the CM to AP or RPM to get a little bit of the creativity. I don’t see the need of WB and W pairing although it does works well but it’s pretty much not needed for me. Musiala aren’t excellent in the air so spamming crosses doesn’t help. Instead, try to put more guy in the middle to give those more dangerous passes to him given that his movement is now 14, should be 15 in the next growth update. Defensive mentality like @Scratch does are great but complex to set up. He spent days and nights to create the tactic. You could use attacking which is a safer way to get the ball to the striker. Maybe turn run at defence off and use short passing instead. It works a lot better with mediocre teams.

Finally, don’t give up on this and good luck 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, George Traistă said:

I don't like to to have BBMs or RPs on this type of challenge as they tend to take away goals from your striker.

That’s the beauty of the challenge though as there’s more than one way to do it.

Personally I like BBM because they stretch the play but I’m very specific in what I look for depending on the challenge I’m doing at the time. With the 1kc though I only care about how many goals my striker gets and if I’m winning games so if my BBM scores 10-15 goals I’m not too worried if my striker is hitting his targets and the team is playing well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

That’s the beauty of the challenge though as there’s more than one way to do it.

Personally I like BBM because they stretch the play but I’m very specific in what I look for depending on the challenge I’m doing at the time. With the 1kc though I only care about how many goals my striker gets and if I’m winning games so if my BBM scores 10-15 goals I’m not too worried if my striker is hitting his targets and the team is playing well.

Agree with this. My AMs got about 50 goals combined but my Musiala scored 100 something goals so I wouldn’t mind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, hhooo said:

I've gotten the most out of a lone striker playing on counter usually, since it keeps the midfield back far enough so they aren't tempted to shoot often. I would also swap the player role to poacher, and push your FBs up to wingbacks and make sure they are also excellent crosses. 

I use counter when I know I'm the weaker team in the match or sometimes when I play away and I get more shoots than attacking or overload.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just keep testing different combos and different things. But my biggest tip on a 1k is to keep it as simple as possible. 
 

Make sure you have good wingers with very good crossing (coach them on that), get your chosen strikers shooting, aerial, movement up as much as you can. 
 

On your current tactic, there isn’t too much wrong there for me. I would most certainly get an AP in there as there vital IMO. Even if they score a few, they will most certainly have more assists. I rotate between BBM and Central Midfielders, I was more a BBM man last year but have found the CM more effective this year. Same goes for AF or CF, I used them a lot last year but found Poacher and Target Man more effective in a single striker formation this year.

Also that team needs a good few players in there, Turnbull turns in to an excellent AP, I’ve still got him 6 seasons in to my Celtic save, but he’s got awful stamina so doesn’t suit the BBM role. Try using the search by role on player search to get the best suited players on each role. It’s a handy tool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Rich said:

Just keep testing different combos and different things. But my biggest tip on a 1k is to keep it as simple as possible. 
 

Make sure you have good wingers with very good crossing (coach them on that), get your chosen strikers shooting, aerial, movement up as much as you can. 
 

On your current tactic, there isn’t too much wrong there for me. I would most certainly get an AP in there as there vital IMO. Even if they score a few, they will most certainly have more assists. I rotate between BBM and Central Midfielders, I was more a BBM man last year but have found the CM more effective this year. Same goes for AF or CF, I used them a lot last year but found Poacher and Target Man more effective in a single striker formation this year.

Also that team needs a good few players in there, Turnbull turns in to an excellent AP, I’ve still got him 6 seasons in to my Celtic save, but he’s got awful stamina so doesn’t suit the BBM role. Try using the search by role on player search to get the best suited players on each role. It’s a handy tool.

Not bad for me though. 16 stamina is quite acceptable.

AA53B3B5-6335-43D5-94F0-25E344BD5527.thumb.png.ebc9c01d5ca7a814f3a96110eba11366.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, George Traistă said:

I use counter when I know I'm the weaker team in the match or sometimes when I play away and I get more shoots than attacking or overload.

I play most matches on counter, in any situation where I want specific players to do specific things. Like in TTR, playing on counter got 83% of my goals from my chosen 3 players. Whenever I swapped to attacking the AP or CM ends up taking 6-8 shots per game and never passing. 

 

I'm not saying it makes sense, but that's how my teams work :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Not bad for me though. 16 stamina is quite acceptable.

AA53B3B5-6335-43D5-94F0-25E344BD5527.thumb.png.ebc9c01d5ca7a814f3a96110eba11366.png

 

I mean when you first start, his stamina is like 8/9, not when you’re 5 years in 😂

4 minutes ago, hhooo said:

I play most matches on counter, in any situation where I want specific players to do specific things. Like in TTR, playing on counter got 83% of my goals from my chosen 3 players. Whenever I swapped to attacking the AP or CM ends up taking 6-8 shots per game and never passing. 

 

I'm not saying it makes sense, but that's how my teams work :laugh:

I do the same, but honestly I can start any game between, defensive, counter, control, balanced or attacking in my 1k with one striker, my logic, I’m not quite sure of 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure I can add much to all that!

The tactic you're using is pretty similar to the one I used, but:

  • I need to test it more but I think it doesn't work quite so well this year (works okay, but not as consistently or as quite good as last year).
  • Not 100% sure about that, because I've only used it in the first season and it doesn't really work until your squad is mega strong.
  • For that sort of approach to really work you need wingers with high Crossing and a striker with high Aerial.
  • Musiala is class, so might develop Aerial quite well, but you're probably not going to see high scores until deeper into the save. 
  • I'm definitely in the 'no BBMs they take too many goals aways from your striker' crowd.
  • Agree with everyone saying you need some creativity though, so maybe an AP?
  • That said, I guess the BBMs are coming back to get the ball off your backline - there's not much movement back there, so maybe WBs instead of FBs (so they will play the ball out).
  • In general I find TM more effective than AF this year
  • But also for this tactic to work you have to really level up the team a LOT. So sell a large chunk of the squad and buy all the wonderkids you can find and ride their coat-tails to glory!
  • Definitely keep experimenting. I went Defensive to keep every one back and make sure most of the chances went to the striker, but maybe Counter does the same thing but leads to more goals? I don't know but try that sort of thing.
  • Or just change approach entirely and go more attacking like some above have suggested.

Anyway, good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can’t add much more to what others have said really. Just focusing on training crossing for the wide players and aerial for the striker will definitely improve this regardless of any other changes so training those and maybe mentoring from an older player with good aerial may help for the striker. I also agree on the AP thing and I’d say it’s the most important role in a lot of the systems I use so again like others have mentioned, he needs to be very good as the players will look to him. I’ve literally got systems that just go from great to shit based purely on the quality of the player in that role. I’ve used BBM’s or at least one on every 1kc I’ve ever completed so I can’t sit and say they can’t work but I did have an AP at AMC on the one where I had two and I do think just having someone at AMC reduces their shot output slightly. I’ve since moved onto CM’s instead on one of my systems to reduce their shots and it’s working well but that is a system with an AMC and two central strikers so we’re ok in the central attacking areas whereas with your formation I just fear that unless everything is right with a top top squad I can see thing being a bit limp. Not a problem eventually as you’ll get the top squad but it could be frustrating until then I can see so the BBM may well be a good idea at the stage you’re currently at.

Being honest I’d personally be testing things with a more ready squad and if you get something going pretty well with that you’ve got something to build towards and any slightly poor early years won’t be so disheartening. Your defence page is basically the exact same instructions I think I’ve used on every challenge I’ve done so far this year so can’t go against that. I did really like the offside trap last year as I found it seemed to really help keep things tighter on more unusual systems where we were overly attacking and short on defensive players but I’m not liking that this year and even in those sort of tactics I just find having defenders with decent pace is the best remedy to any potential problems. Anyway, that’s off topic as it’s not based on your system 😂

I’ve never tried stuff on defensive but I can see it working with the right squad. In basic terms on mentality; on the goalscoring stuff I’ve done this year even with a top squad and top players I’ve gone attacking at home and balanced away. I then just switch to overload when required or time wasting if needed in the last five to ten minutes of a match. So that’s basically my game on goalscoring challenges right there.

Set pieces are another one to consider this year as you probably have to set something for them as I think you’ll miss out otherwise. On previous games, in a loan striker system the striker attacked the near post as default on corners and if you had a decent striker with good aerial and a decent corner taker you’d get a good few goals with a ball into the near post and striker heading it in. I don’t think the default is like that now or at least it wasn’t at game launch so could be an idea to test for that and a good place to start might be to just try and mimic the previous games with the striker as the only one attacking the near post and the corners directed there by a decent taker. You can just go with someone with really high crossing for the taker or look in the coaching report for players with ‘takes a good corner’, ‘Dead ball expert’, good at set pieces’ etc. Might not be great but should at least get the striker a few extra goals and there’s plenty of other things to try if you have to time.

Another thing is that the winter update is being rolled out now so it might be a good idea to wait until you get that before doing loads of testing as there may well be a few changes to the engine when it comes to tactics. This is the main reason I play the game the most every year from like now until September as I just refuse to do too much testing before the final version of the game comes out which is usually the winter update, well if all goes to plan with the update that is 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I prefer putting the striker on mark keeper, with no one attacking the near post. Also, look at the traits of your central midfielders, make sure they don't have shoots from range or any bad traits that could prevent getting the ball to the striker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, George Traistă said:

You need to play attacking or overload, not defensive

Ang go with shoot on sight. 

On this type of challenge you need to use a CF or TM, not AF, he creates goals for him and for others

Also, two BBM are a bit two much, maybe change one to a AP, or DLP

Thanks mate I’ll give it a go 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Scratch said:

Not sure I can add much to all that!

The tactic you're using is pretty similar to the one I used, but:

  • I need to test it more but I think it doesn't work quite so well this year (works okay, but not as consistently or as quite good as last year).
  • Not 100% sure about that, because I've only used it in the first season and it doesn't really work until your squad is mega strong.
  • For that sort of approach to really work you need wingers with high Crossing and a striker with high Aerial.
  • Musiala is class, so might develop Aerial quite well, but you're probably not going to see high scores until deeper into the save. 
  • I'm definitely in the 'no BBMs they take too many goals aways from your striker' crowd.
  • Agree with everyone saying you need some creativity though, so maybe an AP?
  • That said, I guess the BBMs are coming back to get the ball off your backline - there's not much movement back there, so maybe WBs instead of FBs (so they will play the ball out).
  • In general I find TM more effective than AF this year
  • But also for this tactic to work you have to really level up the team a LOT. So sell a large chunk of the squad and buy all the wonderkids you can find and ride their coat-tails to glory!
  • Definitely keep experimenting. I went Defensive to keep every one back and make sure most of the chances went to the striker, but maybe Counter does the same thing but leads to more goals? I don't know but try that sort of thing.
  • Or just change approach entirely and go more attacking like some above have suggested.

Anyway, good luck!

Thank you for your mate reply I’ll just keep chopping and changing I’m sure I’ll get there ha 

added 0 minutes later
2 hours ago, Chelseaplchamps2021 said:

I prefer putting the striker on mark keeper, with no one attacking the near post. Also, look at the traits of your central midfielders, make sure they don't have shoots from range or any bad traits that could prevent getting the ball to the striker.

Thanks mate 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ian said:

Can’t add much more to what others have said really. Just focusing on training crossing for the wide players and aerial for the striker will definitely improve this regardless of any other changes so training those and maybe mentoring from an older player with good aerial may help for the striker. I also agree on the AP thing and I’d say it’s the most important role in a lot of the systems I use so again like others have mentioned, he needs to be very good as the players will look to him. I’ve literally got systems that just go from great to shit based purely on the quality of the player in that role. I’ve used BBM’s or at least one on every 1kc I’ve ever completed so I can’t sit and say they can’t work but I did have an AP at AMC on the one where I had two and I do think just having someone at AMC reduces their shot output slightly. I’ve since moved onto CM’s instead on one of my systems to reduce their shots and it’s working well but that is a system with an AMC and two central strikers so we’re ok in the central attacking areas whereas with your formation I just fear that unless everything is right with a top top squad I can see thing being a bit limp. Not a problem eventually as you’ll get the top squad but it could be frustrating until then I can see so the BBM may well be a good idea at the stage you’re currently at.

Being honest I’d personally be testing things with a more ready squad and if you get something going pretty well with that you’ve got something to build towards and any slightly poor early years won’t be so disheartening. Your defence page is basically the exact same instructions I think I’ve used on every challenge I’ve done so far this year so can’t go against that. I did really like the offside trap last year as I found it seemed to really help keep things tighter on more unusual systems where we were overly attacking and short on defensive players but I’m not liking that this year and even in those sort of tactics I just find having defenders with decent pace is the best remedy to any potential problems. Anyway, that’s off topic as it’s not based on your system 😂

I’ve never tried stuff on defensive but I can see it working with the right squad. In basic terms on mentality; on the goalscoring stuff I’ve done this year even with a top squad and top players I’ve gone attacking at home and balanced away. I then just switch to overload when required or time wasting if needed in the last five to ten minutes of a match. So that’s basically my game on goalscoring challenges right there.

Set pieces are another one to consider this year as you probably have to set something for them as I think you’ll miss out otherwise. On previous games, in a loan striker system the striker attacked the near post as default on corners and if you had a decent striker with good aerial and a decent corner taker you’d get a good few goals with a ball into the near post and striker heading it in. I don’t think the default is like that now or at least it wasn’t at game launch so could be an idea to test for that and a good place to start might be to just try and mimic the previous games with the striker as the only one attacking the near post and the corners directed there by a decent taker. You can just go with someone with really high crossing for the taker or look in the coaching report for players with ‘takes a good corner’, ‘Dead ball expert’, good at set pieces’ etc. Might not be great but should at least get the striker a few extra goals and there’s plenty of other things to try if you have to time.

Another thing is that the winter update is being rolled out now so it might be a good idea to wait until you get that before doing loads of testing as there may well be a few changes to the engine when it comes to tactics. This is the main reason I play the game the most every year from like now until September as I just refuse to do too much testing before the final version of the game comes out which is usually the winter update, well if all goes to plan with the update that is 😂

Thanks for your reply mate I’ll keep trying haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick update, I’ve done the winter update and restarted the challenge and I tired to resign Musiala but they wanted £51M so I went back to the drawing board and started with the future hero, not a bad start 

C6CDD6C1-3F6A-49C1-A2CE-21327810428C.png

BBE43ED7-B889-42E8-BAF0-16467F9825D9.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/02/2021 at 23:11, Ian said:

Can’t add much more to what others have said really.

Followed by an Advanced Tactics Manual... 🤣 Love it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Remember to read the rules!
Guest Rules
Remember:
  • English only
  • Read everything before posting
  • No spam, abuse, flooding or excessive swearing
  • No discussion about or links to piracy or any unapproved advertising
  • Do not give away personal information such as passwords
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×