Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Discussion: just how many tactics variations are there?

Rob

I posed this question to @FuddledFox the other day, who was equally as perplexed as me: how many tactical variations are possible on FMM?

Excluding set pieces instructions, there are:

• Player positions
  • Player roles
  • Tactical instructions 

Yet I wouldn’t have a clue as to how to calculate the amount of permutations.

Can anyone? Has anyone? Does anyone want to? Does anyone else even care?

There's a total of 25 possible positions (excluding GK), you can choose 10 positions out of the 25, that gives a total of 25C10 variations that is 3268760. There's different number of roles for each positions, so let's just take an average of 5 roles for each position, that is 3268760 * 5^11, which gives 1.6e14. There's another 7 mentality options, 3 width options, etc., which gives a total of 5.28e21 variations or 5.28 thousand million million million👀

5 minutes ago, Kun Aguero said:

There's a total of 25 possible positions (excluding GK), you can choose 10 positions out of the 25, that gives a total of 25C10 variations that is 3268760. There's different number of roles for each positions, so let's just take an average of 5 roles for each position, that is 3268760 * 5^11, which gives 1.6e14. There's another 7 mentality options, 3 width options, etc., which gives a total of 5.28e21 variations or 5.28 thousand million million million👀

I need paracetamol. That’s given me a headache. But that’s a lot! Great maths dude!

6 minutes ago, Kun Aguero said:

Took the words and numbers straight from my mouth 👀

55 minutes ago, Kun Aguero said:

Wanna talk about the 1,820 combinations for shape instructions, 462 combinations for defence instructions and 19,380 combinations for attacking instructions?

14 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Wanna talk about the 1,820 combinations for shape instructions, 462 combinations for defence instructions and 19,380 combinations for attacking instructions?

That's all included in the 5.28e21, didn't include man marking options tho, that could contribute another 2^5 or 2^6 depends on the positions.

1 hour ago, Rob said:

I need paracetamol. That’s given me a headache. But that’s a lot! Great maths dude!

Just finished my probability and statistics exams a few days ago, so my memory's still fresh 😅

5 minutes ago, Kun Aguero said:

That's all included in the 5.28e21, didn't include man marking options tho, that could contribute another 2^5 or 2^6 depends on the positions.

Just finished my probability and statistics exams a few days ago, so my memory's still fresh 😅

I totally forgot we had man marking 😂

See, you lads could be having the dim-witted amongst us on with your fancy pants squiggle things.

It just blows my brain that there are millions.

30 minutes ago, Rob said:

See, you lads could be having the dim-witted amongst us on with your fancy pants squiggle things.

It just blows my brain that there are millions.

I want every tactical variation posted in the tactics forum 😂

Edited by Woody
2 hours ago, Woody said:

I want every tactical variation posted in the tactics forum 😂

I want to see less 4-3-3 and more 1-5-4-0-0!

25 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

I want to see less 4-3-3 and more 1-5-4-0-0!

Game on I'm gonna run a match with that now

Edit: you might be on to something

Screenshot_2021-06-19-23-24-18-00_0b2e78953ff85bd21e832a6a8ef6cde0.thumb.jpg.b6ea241b71b81e6fd8ae18019d32aabc.jpg

Edited by hhooo
6 hours ago, Kun Aguero said:

Yet we only ever see the same 10 😂. I wonder how many out of that daft number would actually work at a successful level haha. 

8 hours ago, hhooo said:

Game on I'm gonna run a match with that now

Edit: you might be on to something

Screenshot_2021-06-19-23-24-18-00_0b2e78953ff85bd21e832a6a8ef6cde0.thumb.jpg.b6ea241b71b81e6fd8ae18019d32aabc.jpg

Tbh I was just joking about it. I barely have much time to finish both seasons of my careers. I won’t do anything yet with that formation 😂

3 hours ago, broodje kip said:

Tbh I was just joking about it. I barely have much time to finish both seasons of my careers. I won’t do anything yet with that formation 😂

IWBs turn into your AM s with the setup its fun

2 hours ago, hhooo said:

IWBs turn into your AM s with the setup its fun

IWB is very good for scoring goals surprisingly. I had a test with Rich and George before about getting Wing backs to score and it gives a very great result 

On 19/06/2021 at 12:10, broodje kip said:

I totally forgot we had man marking 😂

Didn't you write a guide to man marking 😂