Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Are you happy to see the tweak of IF?

rseven

Hi mates,

As Marc replied in SI forum before, the behavior of IF is tweaked in this version.  Now IF at flanks will NOT go to box often. 

Would you like this adjustment?

For me, I would say no. In previous version, IFs go to box too quick and always. But now, IF go to box too rarely, even attacking mentality is used. 

Let's see what will happen then

They should be going inside - but they don't go in and wait like they did in last version, they should tend to make runs into the box rather than 'sit' centrally ...

2 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

They should be going inside - but they don't go in and wait like they did in last version, they should tend to make runs into the box rather than 'sit' centrally ...

This

Tested this for 15 games. My inside forwards scored 2 goals and didn't get many assists. That's a huge drop from last year when they'd have scored at least 10 in the ultra attacking formation I use. That being said, the amount of goals I scored overall is pretty standard - it's just that my strikers and attacking midfielder scored more. I've never liked wingers in this game but will have to test them to see if they at least add more assists.

14 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

But they are 'inside' forwards. They located on wide. And they run one direction. 

In game :

PicsArt_11-09-03_19_28.thumb.jpg.195aa1da44d36216fba0d365d9be1d25.jpg

I use two inside forwards. But they located wide and i cannot break rival lines. And my forward stays alone. And we cannot play positional football with inside forwards.

Must have:

PicsArt_11-09-03_23_45.thumb.jpg.020996ea7b0cfd2285cf4996bfb1cfd4.jpg

If run like this action or located, my wing back (right back) can overlap. But inside forward stay wide and my wing back is not useful. For positional football we need these movement. If I want to stay wide my wings, i select the winger role. 

(I don't want to give advice, but I am someone trying to be an analyst coach. And what I expect from an inside forward is that it is positioned in half space or run into half space.)

13 hours ago, DutchTony said:

Tested this for 15 games. My inside forwards scored 2 goals and didn't get many assists. That's a huge drop from last year when they'd have scored at least 10 in the ultra attacking formation I use. That being said, the amount of goals I scored overall is pretty standard - it's just that my strikers and attacking midfielder scored more. I've never liked wingers in this game but will have to test them to see if they at least add more assists.

Same message I got from the game. 

14 minutes ago, JurgeNuri said:

But they are 'inside' forwards. They located on wide. And they run one direction. 

In game :

I use two inside forwards. But they located wide and i cannot break rival lines. And my forward stays alone. And we cannot play positional football with inside forwards.

Must have:

If run like this action or located, my wing back (right back) can overlap. But inside forward stay wide and my wing back is not useful. For positional football we need these movement. If I want to stay wide my wings, i select the winger role. 

(I don't want to give advice, but I am someone trying to be an analyst coach. And what I expect from an inside forward is that it is positioned in half space or run into half space.)

The movement of inside forward in previous version is that move into box TOO EARLY. 

I expected the improvement is that inside forward will move into box at right time, like what @JurgeNuri shown in second pic.

40 minutes ago, JurgeNuri said:

In game :

Must have:

Wingers actually come inside narrower than IFs do now. It's hilarious.

7 hours ago, hhooo said:

Wingers actually come inside narrower than IFs do now. It's hilarious.

I don't try wingers but yeah it can. It's unbeliviable

Then it's time to use playmakers on the wings hah? Actually, i was thinking of using a playmaker and an inside forward on the wings this year. But as you said, IF doesn't work very well. I just wonder how efficient it would be to use the playmaker and winger at the same time on the wings. Has anyone tried it?

Edited by TheF

Made a small 5 game test.

I used a left IF and right Winger. Both with opposite foot.

IF scored 0 and assisted 3

Winger scored 4 and assisted 2.

Definitely something for SI to think about.

18 hours ago, zaangie said:

Made a small 5 game test.

I used a left IF and right Winger. Both with opposite foot.

IF scored 0 and assisted 3

Winger scored 4 and assisted 2.

Definitely something for SI to think about.

Maybe they just swapped the title of the roles around 😂

1 hour ago, billy2shots said:

Maybe they just swapped the title of the roles around 😂

FB sit wider and the winger sit narrow and score more but IF hug the touchline and stay on the WB channel make me wondering if this true.

So I used my usual ultra attacking formation but this time the IF's became AP's.

14 games played including 10 in the league.

Mane scored 5 goals and got 10 assists, Salah scored 0 goals and got 10 assists.

For now I'll stick with this. The AP's can get loads of assists while strikers score the majority of the goals.

Edited by DutchTony

Further tweaks will be one to this - at present you'll probably see more 'box movement' the more natural an AML/R is as a forward, ie. if you use players who are also forwards you should find they're more likely to move into the box.

Thanks for the feedback - I'll keep tweaking things, but do bear in mind that our beta testers were happy with things and I'm not aiming to do anything drastic initially (and tbh I was expecting some complaints based on the fact it will change the effectiveness of some peoples tactics).

I'm trying to find the balance where they move into the box realistically and don't just stand waiting for the ball ... and them not being effective enough in attack.

2 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Further tweaks will be one to this - at present you'll probably see more 'box movement' the more natural an AML/R is as a forward, ie. if you use players who are also forwards you should find they're more likely to move into the box.

Thanks for the feedback - I'll keep tweaking things, but do bear in mind that our beta testers were happy with things and I'm not aiming to do anything drastic initially (and tbh I was expecting some complaints based on the fact it will change the effectiveness of some peoples tactics).

I'm trying to find the balance where they move into the box realistically and don't just stand waiting for the ball ... and them not being effective enough in attack.

we criticize mistakes, but it is very nice of you to take it into account and return accordingly. If there is any advice that I can do or give on problems similar to the one I mentioned above, I would like to help you voluntarily.

3 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Appreciate the update. There is one upside I've found with the current iteration of IFs - they will run to the byline and cut the ball back much more often than any other role has ever done in FMM. They play much more like Guardiola style wingers than real Son/Mane/Robben style forwards. 

There are some interesting use cases, but the fact that IFs stay wider than the winger role is a little over the top.

16 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

at present you'll probably see more 'box movement' the more natural an AML/R is as a forward, ie. if you use players who are also forwards you should find they're more likely to move into the box.

Hi Marc, is this in current version? I tried some by putting IF at FR/L poison instead of AMR/L. I will test more.

16 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Still looking forward to seeing coming tweak. Thanks for all your effort!

17 hours ago, rseven said:

Hi Marc, is this in current version? I tried some by putting IF at FR/L poison instead of AMR/L. I will test more.

Yes - I'm trying to make sure I understand peoples views fully before I tune further (the worst thing to do in my experience is to tweak before I'm fully understanding of what is thought to be wrong).

For what its worth, I don't mind the change!

In my tactic my IFs do start out very wide, often in the same place as my WB but as I want to overload the opposition out wide with one coming in and one overlapping, it seems to help that happen and results seem to be good for me!

Maybe they could come in slightly earlier or start narrower but I was thinking if I wanted to change from what I have now I could go to IW or push the IFs up to the forward line (currently they're in the AM line).

Thanks Marc!

I want my inside forwards going half space  more often and to cut inside more often.In fm23 mobile even if I put my inside forwards to the FL/FR positions they don't cut inside more often.There are too many crosses.

Some informations are dead now like 4-2-3-1. I'm using DLF for the making space for IF but he sitting wider. So DLF had to play to AM. Inside forward not involving the game. Just waiting wider and make one v one situations. They are usually bumping the rock. I don't want them to do crosses only. IF's my risk takers and also they are second strikers not only wingers. How they are ending up the game with 0 shoot? In FMM22 they were more involving the game.

2 hours ago, shepharddark12 said:

Some informations are dead now like 4-2-3-1. I'm using DLF for the making space for IF but he sitting wider. So DLF had to play to AM. Inside forward not involving the game. Just waiting wider and make one v one situations. They are usually bumping the rock. I don't want them to do crosses only. IF's my risk takers and also they are second strikers not only wingers. How they are ending up the game with 0 shoot? In FMM22 they were more involving the game.

In latest version of FMM2023, IF has improved. This role does not score much but it is involved in team plays more. But the efficiency of IF is till low. 

8 hours ago, rseven said:

In latest version of FMM2023, IF has improved. This role does not score much but it is involved in team plays more. But the efficiency of IF is till low. 

Yeah agree this is why back to play FMM22

25 minutes ago, DutchTony said:

I also keep going back to FMM22 for this reason.

In previous version, I almost never use IF in my tactics. I think IF is a bug of game.

Now IF role is much better, so I like IF role in FMM2023.

Edited by rseven

Some reason I went to holiday and check out the results, IF's scoring 5 goals in a match and I thought yey finally! Started to play and then they stopped scoring. I don't want them to score 40 or 50 goals in a season. Just want to see them do use their pace and finishing skills. Its not happening when I play...

Just now, shepharddark12 said:

Some reason I went to holiday and check out the results, IF's scoring 5 goals in a match and I thought yey finally! Started to play and then they stopped scoring. I don't want them to score 40 or 50 goals in a season. Just want to see them do use their pace and finishing skills. Its not happening when I play...

Matches not visible are simulated in another engine. That is not the same engine for match played by gamers.