Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics Whoever made the 2-3-1-2-2 tactic…

Liljay04

I’d just like to say it still works pretty well!

Did a season with Newcastle and won the league and FA cup but thought it’s probably not the best test

So I started one of those unemployed, no reputation saves, got offered a job at Stadium Racing Colmar in French 2-B, they wanted me to avoid relegation and get to the 7th round of the cup, came 4th, ninth round of the cup, then I was having fun so season 2 I won the league and got to the tenth round of the cup 

I just got promoted and I think I’m carrying on with this save

1 hour ago, dk146 said:

Doesn't work for my Newcastle save. Lost 1st game of the season 7-1. Haven't found a good, consistent tactic since fm19. 😕 

I spent a big chunk of money with Newcastle on Mendy, Tomori, Nkunku & Ramsdale and a few wonderkids which definitely helped

I’ve carried on with the SCR save and had a successive promotion with a second place finish and 9th round of the cup in 24/25, currently 8th after 6 games in Ligue 2 but I spent most of my budget on a GK n DMC

Haven’t tinkered with the tactic at all but you need the right players obviously, setting up as many friendly games each season as possible so they all know exactly what to do etc

I think this post should be in the #tactic tag. One tweak that really helped me is to move the forwards laterally (FR/FL). Still not sure which role suits the best because it seems (from observing in slow mo) the AF and IF role behave mostly of the same. By moving the frontman laterally, the SS will exchange role in making forward/diagonal runs. Movement is key.

This is awesome!. Not sure I'll ever play with wingers again. Some of the interchange between forwards on this formation is so good and it's the only time I've really ever had players run onto through balls.

On 10/11/2022 at 20:37, Liljay04 said:

I’d just like to say it still works pretty well!

Did a season with Newcastle and won the league and FA cup but thought it’s probably not the best test

So I started one of those unemployed, no reputation saves, got offered a job at Stadium Racing Colmar in French 2-B, they wanted me to avoid relegation and get to the 7th round of the cup, came 4th, ninth round of the cup, then I was having fun so season 2 I won the league and got to the tenth round of the cup 

I just got promoted and I think I’m carrying on with this save

Respect for testing this on a lower league team. I always find that the most enjoyable way to play, and it actually proves a tactic is working.

6 hours ago, Mike Dodgson said:

This tactic is naughty!

372F704B-C8CB-460F-977F-C78C60CACC53.thumb.jpeg.fef60d81f83271e7290afb88d5964c22.jpeg

Look good. What are you doing with corners? It has gone from one extreme to another. What ever I do the corners are exactly the same.

12 hours ago, Rav44 said:

Look good. What are you doing with corners? It has gone from one extreme to another. What ever I do the corners are exactly the same.

I’ve set the corners up based on the popular ‘exploit’ but it is nowhere near as effective after the update. 

Even though corners are set to the penalty spot and everyone apart from one player to stay back, corners are delivered at random with most people in the box!

8 minutes ago, Mike Dodgson said:

I’ve set the corners up based on the popular ‘exploit’ but it is nowhere near as effective after the update. 

Even though corners are set to the penalty spot and everyone apart from one player to stay back, corners are delivered at random with most people in the box!

Agreed but its a good Thing for the game,  making it realistic;)

Finished the 1st season:

A96F90A1-F229-4DE1-9E3B-DD98205953C1.thumb.jpeg.f24ab7ff4cf151b4b4681b07778897e4.jpeg

64BE4FA5-3FF0-460B-9B61-43478D0046C3.thumb.jpeg.7b05e258757e35e8c0d24bbc8afb4f28.jpeg

This is a very very good tactic.

I had a little wobble in January with a few injuries and my squad depth showed it’s weakness.

I’ve quite a bit of money to play with, so going to buy some extra quality - a goalkeeper, and a very good deep lying playmaker.

Any recommendations?

This tactic for me is still the leader post-update, by a considerable distance.

Started a new season as Darlington and won the league in the first season, now in the National League and top after 10 games with a similar squad.

Keys are to ensure the Sweepers have pace and that the Support Strikers also have pace.

It scores heavily and is tight at the back too.

So good.

Decided to try this with Hearts. Think it worked pretty well……. 😊 Excellent tactic. 👍🏻

93B02D7F-9BBF-404B-8141-C762E85C1405.thumb.png.c75c7cad2dd1534b69fa3fe477fe88d9.png

B02D7E97-A588-4EB6-AC02-C4EB7C4432A7.thumb.png.28b94e5ad8d137b39597c35b0516d846.png

Won the Premier League, League Cup and European Conference League:

01A76177-77F8-4EC3-81A5-ECD61F104CB9.thumb.jpeg.f88df98e7aef005c6e1ba2433a435d18.jpeg

First eleven:

D0549E6D-5DA0-48D4-AE5D-793491F260E1.thumb.jpeg.bc4857556ceccfdc399b567bfdb14baa.jpeg