Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat FMM24 General Discussion

FuddledFox

4 hours ago, Scratch said:

There used to be some here, but Vibe stopped offering them a few years ago because there is the possibility that the various rights holders will take legal action against those distributing these packs etc. 

So, basically, you wanna say, that every the likes of facepacks, club logos, renames, etc, in every FM forums, that's not come from SI themselves, are illegal?

4 hours ago, Scratch said:

For individuals using them, it's probably not much risk. It's unlikely rights holders will be going around trying to track down individual users (and it's not even certain that they could be in trouble for using it). I guess it's like if a pub shows a football game it shouldn't - the pub gets in trouble, but not the individuals who turned up that night.

It's not that I'm afraid of the risk. I'm just trying to honor the intellectual prop owners (I won't like it if someone pirated my ip, so I wouldn't do that to others). And from what I see, there are some complicated ways to get those "add-ons". If they are illegal, I won't bother to try those ways. Those are my reasons.

5 minutes ago, Blancos said:

So, basically, you wanna say, that every the likes of facepacks, club logos, renames, etc, in every FM forums, that's not come from SI themselves, are illegal?

It's not that I'm afraid of the risk. I'm just trying to honor the intellectual prop owners (I won't like it if someone pirated my ip, so I wouldn't do that to others). And from what I see, there are some complicated ways to get those "add-ons". If they are illegal, I won't bother to try those ways. Those are my reasons.

I am not 100% sure about the laws regarding this.

I am pretty sure that SI Games can't include a player's image or a club's logo in the game itself unless they have a license to do so. And some players/clubs just aren't willing to sell them the rights (or maybe ask too much?) so they can't be included.

As for whether the packs themselves are "illegal" ... well, they don't have the rights to include any of the players/logos, but then again there may be other parts of the law at play here (things like fair use, being able to use images of people of public interest, being able to modify games etc). I don't fully understand all of that. 🙂 Though I guess none of the packs took the photos or created the logos themselves, so they probably need permission from wherever they borrowed those from.

It's all very complicated, but is probably low risk. As for whether Player X cares about whether someone has included their image in a pack? Who knows? Depends on the player. I'd guess most won't lose much sleep over it! And does Manchester United care if you include their logo? Actually maybe they do on principle, but they probably won't see it as being enough of an issue to go chasing individual people. 

It might be different as if SI include the images it’s a commercial use as they charge for the game (or Netflix now, whatever). When we add it, it’s different as providing you use an image in the public domain we’re not using it commercially. Something like that anyway. 

1 hour ago, MikeF said:

It might be different as if SI include the images it’s a commercial use as they charge for the game (or Netflix now, whatever). When we add it, it’s different as providing you use an image in the public domain we’re not using it commercially. Something like that anyway. 

Oh yeah, good point!

9 hours ago, Scratch said:

I am not 100% sure about the laws regarding this.

I am pretty sure that SI Games can't include a player's image or a club's logo in the game itself unless they have a license to do so. And some players/clubs just aren't willing to sell them the rights (or maybe ask too much?) so they can't be included.

As for whether the packs themselves are "illegal" ... well, they don't have the rights to include any of the players/logos, but then again there may be other parts of the law at play here (things like fair use, being able to use images of people of public interest, being able to modify games etc). I don't fully understand all of that. 🙂 Though I guess none of the packs took the photos or created the logos themselves, so they probably need permission from wherever they borrowed those from.

It's all very complicated, but is probably low risk. As for whether Player X cares about whether someone has included their image in a pack? Who knows? Depends on the player. I'd guess most won't lose much sleep over it! And does Manchester United care if you include their logo? Actually maybe they do on principle, but they probably won't see it as being enough of an issue to go chasing individual people. 

Ah, maybe I was too technical with that "legal"/"illegal" term there, pardon me.

Let's change it to "official"/"unofficial" then, in the context that SI would/wouldn't take responsibility on the source and the products. I assumed we all knew that some of the "add-on"/"enhancement pack" links or apps for many games expect us to use a backdoor, that are not "clean" (if not, "unsafe"). If SI can't guarantee (or at least, recommend) that those links or apps are safe, then to me the risk is not worth it. Maybe  that's the simplest way to picture the topic.

17 minutes ago, AlexisH18 said:

How can I edit player shirt numbers from clubs that I do not manage? For example I edit a transfer that happened using changes.txt and I want the player to take the number they had instead of a random one. I would be so happy with a response it's my biggest issue

go to the Tactics page -> tap Action -> Assign Squad Number

18 hours ago, AlexisH18 said:

How can I edit player shirt numbers from clubs that I do not manage? For example I edit a transfer that happened using changes.txt and I want the player to take the number they had instead of a random one. I would be so happy with a response it's my biggest issue

Just curious... Why would you want to change those that are not under your management?

On 16/12/2023 at 18:25, Blancos said:

Just curious... Why would you want to change those that are not under your management?

Edited by AlexisH18
5 hours ago, AlexisH18 said:

So I can change transfers that have happened in game. When I put the player back to his old club most of the time he will not take his real shirt number which annoys me. But I think I will just do it by transferring myself around clubs with changes.txt to do it since there is no solution. Ill just ignore that my tenure length is reset and just count it by myself and other managers in game and ignore the message 'to see if the manager is up for the job'. 

Ah I see, thanks. I didn't know that jersey number could raise that kind of problem in this game 😁.

@Marc Vaughan is this something you could fix? Default selection of the keeper in tactics screen?

Whenever I move to the tactics screen the goalkeeper is automatically selected. Because of this I almost always sub my goalkeeper when trying to replace someone else. Causes a lot of unnecessary clicks...

Anyone else annoyed by this?

Would help if no player is selected when you open the tactics screen.

Hopefully in some future, at the end of the season, you can load other leagues (I think it is possible in the PC version) I really don't know if it would be possible to do this

Hi,
I don't know if this thread is the right place, but I hope so.
I'm doing a career with AC Milan, I'm at November '24. In general it isn't going bad as team result, but I find really really difficult to make my strikers score. I tried Colombo (who was scoring more than 1 goals per game on loan at Monza), Gyokeres, Okafor, Bereton Diaz. The only one who was able to score quite consistently was Giroud in the 1st year (in the 2nd one he's really bad, since he's old).
I tried different schemes and different tactic roles for the striker, but still nothing.

Is it just me or is this a general feeling?

South Korean first year free agent, put in the game been given leave of absence for as he’s been conscripted to the army for 2 year (something I googled) why put him in the fucking game he’s not a pro footballer for those two year but a army reservist ffs, this years game absolutely fucking sucks 1 main new feature and it’s corny as fuck manager titles, FUCK OFF rather than this fix the 50-60 bugs you have left for the last 5 fucking years complete aids IMG_0095.thumb.png.31705c365502b23aa82b368dc7ddc5cc.pngIMG_0094.thumb.png.2c1790d54d57c57adf908ec10a68b286.png

4 hours ago, YetAnotherDisplayName said:

South Korean first year free agent, put in the game been given leave of absence for as he’s been conscripted to the army for 2 year (something I googled) why put him in the fucking game he’s not a pro footballer for those two year but a army reservist ffs, this years game absolutely fucking sucks 1 main new feature and it’s corny as fuck manager titles, FUCK OFF rather than this fix the 50-60 bugs you have left for the last 5 fucking years complete aids IMG_0095.thumb.png.31705c365502b23aa82b368dc7ddc5cc.pngIMG_0094.thumb.png.2c1790d54d57c57adf908ec10a68b286.png

You know you can delete the game, instead of coming on here bitching and moaning, right?

12 hours ago, YetAnotherDisplayName said:

South Korean first year free agent, put in the game been given leave of absence for as he’s been conscripted to the army for 2 year (something I googled

Hi mate - I believe this is a South Korean player who got diagnosed with cancer - was allowed a 'leave of absence' to undergo chemotherapy. Thankfully in real life he seems to have recovered and now continues to play professional football.

I'd say the FM / FMM team handled this pretty well.

image.thumb.png.1b8fe542ee7e3cb996d4de78d53011ed.png

10 hours ago, DanEnglish said:

Hi mate - I believe this is a South Korean player who got diagnosed with cancer - was allowed a 'leave of absence' to undergo chemotherapy. Thankfully in real life he seems to have recovered and now continues to play professional football.

I'd say the FM / FMM team handled this pretty well.

image.thumb.png.1b8fe542ee7e3cb996d4de78d53011ed.png

That’s to know for him but either place him at his team al-hilal, have him as a playable FA or remove him so we wouldn’t have an issue in game

It’s not the player that’s the issue but the “leave of absence” we’re you/I cannot find anyway of finding out if my players gonna be back In 2 days, months or years. 

so I don’t agree yet another to the long list of continuity problems and bugs that are making the game unplayable 

Edited by YetAnotherDisplayName
Punctuations
On 18/12/2023 at 17:29, WeAreAllWitness said:

Hi,
I don't know if this thread is the right place, but I hope so.
I'm doing a career with AC Milan, I'm at November '24. In general it isn't going bad as team result, but I find really really difficult to make my strikers score. I tried Colombo (who was scoring more than 1 goals per game on loan at Monza), Gyokeres, Okafor, Bereton Diaz. The only one who was able to score quite consistently was Giroud in the 1st year (in the 2nd one he's really bad, since he's old).
I tried different schemes and different tactic roles for the striker, but still nothing.

Is it just me or is this a general feeling?

You mean your team could score consistently, but mostly not from strikers?

On 18/12/2023 at 14:51, Waldo27 said:

@Marc Vaughan is this something you could fix? Default selection of the keeper in tactics screen?

Whenever I move to the tactics screen the goalkeeper is automatically selected. Because of this I almost always sub my goalkeeper when trying to replace someone else. Causes a lot of unnecessary clicks...

Anyone else annoyed by this?

Would help if no player is selected when you open the tactics screen.

You're lucky. My whole tactic like to change by itself, especially the first time I log in. I'm very sure it's not the tactic that I've saved before, because I've never ever pick TF role for my striker. 😁

Everytime after login:

900191444_Screenshot_20231220_050029_FM24Mobile.thumb.jpg.3395eb411793f973c9e4741036e268db.jpg

My real one:

515379482_Screenshot_20231220_050116_FM24Mobile.thumb.jpg.233b1970fb00c84410c80297ffdbf3a4.jpg

Edited by Blancos

After the update I can't find a way to sell unwanted players for a reasonable price, the Loan to Transfer trick isn't reliable anymore, sometimes AI offers 0$ or pennies for a 20 Mil player

8 hours ago, darkness_2494 said:

After the update I can't find a way to sell unwanted players for a reasonable price, the Loan to Transfer trick isn't reliable anymore, sometimes AI offers 0$ or pennies for a 20 Mil player

Same in reverse unless you’ve scouted a player they want double asking price and won’t go down 

16 hours ago, Blancos said:

You mean your team could score consistently, but mostly not from strikers?

Yeah

These are the results of the 2nd season so far
933678934_WhatsAppImage2023-12-20at14_10_21.thumb.jpeg.16131a6598fa1b9aff63ce66e4336297.jpeg
342556985_WhatsAppImage2023-12-20at14_10.21(1).thumb.jpeg.9212254d6cd42589e5ee1aa446ebdc48.jpeg

And these are the goals scored by my players

770935013_WhatsAppImage2023-12-20at14_10.21(2).thumb.jpeg.2d11727082d394ee6b42ef43e1805de7.jpeg

Gyokeres 10 games, Colombo 8 games all as striker in a 4-3-3. Brereton 12 games and Okafor 16 games (7ast) some as striker and some as IF. Leao 11 games and Pulisic 12 games both only as IF

I'm looking for some help. I'm trying to add both Rangers and Celtic into the English League. Is this possible to do on FMM24? I have slight knowledge of the changes.txt so if that's how I would need to do it can someone give me a brief run down of just how I would set it doing that. Thanks in advance for any help 👍

@Marc Vaughan Are you able to advise if there is any difference between leaving players from your youth intake in the youth squad vs. offering contracts and moving them to the reserve team?

I presume not, but would be good to know if there's any perceived penalty to removing them from the youth team and getting them signed up before they're fully 'developed' or 'scouted'.