Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic The official WWE thread

JeffreyA

I must admit I'm the same Franco. I was uming and aring wether to get it. However that just tops it off. It will be epic. It won't be crap becaaue WWE can't mess it about they just simply can't. HBK will be involved somewhere

I <3 John Laurantis ;D

So then peoples, what do you think will happen at Wrestlemania?

WM Card (in no particular order):

Randy Orton vs Kane

John Cena vs. The Rock

WWE Championship Match: CM Punk © vs. Chris Jericho

World Heavyweight Championship Match: Daniel Bryan © vs. Sheamus

Hell in a Cell Match: Triple H vs. The Undertaker (Special Guest Referee: Shawn Michaels)

Intercontinental Championship Match: Cody Rhodes © vs. Big Show

12-Man Tag Team Match: Team Teddy Long (United States Champion Santino Marella, R-Truth, and four members TBA) vs. Team John Laurinaitis (David Otunga, Mark Henry, Christian, and three members TBA) (The winning team's General Manager will become the permanent General Manager of both RAW SuperShow and SmackDown)

Divas Tag Team Match: Divas Champion Beth Phoenix & Eve Torres vs. Kelly Kelly & "Extra" Co-Host Maria Menounos

More WWE news:

A-Train re-signs with WWE

CM Punk vs Jericho reportedly opening Wrestlemania

Evan Bourne to get a US Title shot after returning from suspension

What was Evan Bourne suspended for? :blink:

The same reason Truth was suspended back in November or something, for smoking synthetic marijuana. What angers me is that Kofi was the strong link in Air Boom yet he has had one shot at the WWE Title which he was never going to win (spot monkey, like Jo-Mo) and doesn't look like he will be in any title program any time soon, while Bourne was suspended TWICE and will automatically get a US Title shot after Wrestlemania. It's like in TNA, when Jeff Hardy got suspended after Victory Road, when he came back he received almost no punishment whatsoever. By this happening, WWE/TNA are saying: "If you work your arse off for us, we'll bury you like hell, but if you get suspended for drugs you will get a title shot straight afterwards!".

Many superstars have failed to make an impact after there start such as Kofi and Morrison.

The WWE no longer see top quality potential in them and just drop them down the pecking order for either higher profile names or people who have actually made a strong impact (Del Rio and Sheamus for example)

Same goes with Santino he can actually wrestle really well when he was in the private leagues and the training camp at the WWE, but when he was good enough they destroyed his original character and made him into a goof ball

As for WM

Randy Orton vs Kane

Orton will win unless he aggrovates his back during the match

John Cena vs. The Rock

Cena will win giving him the opportunity to turn heel

Punk as Jericho has had the upper hand on him in the run up

Sheamus as well he is Irish and cool

Hell in a Cell Match: Triple H vs. The Undertaker (Special Guest Referee: Shawn Michaels)

Undertaker will win Michaels will turn on Hunter

Not sure, but given Shows WM record it is most likely Rhodes to win

12-Man Tag Team Match: Team Teddy Long (United States Champion Santino Marella, R-Truth, and four members TBA) vs. Team John Laurinaitis (David Otunga, Mark Henry, Christian, and three members TBA) (The winning team's General Manager will become the permanent General Manager of both RAW SuperShow and SmackDown)

Will not comment until all the 6 members have been confirmed

Divas Tag Team Match: Divas Champion Beth Phoenix & Eve Torres vs. Kelly Kelly & "Extra" Co-Host Maria Menounos

Kelly and Maria will win as always the none wrestler wins

Many superstars have failed to make an impact after there start such as Kofi and Morrison.

The WWE no longer see top quality potential in them and just drop them down the pecking order for either higher profile names or people who have actually made a strong impact (Del Rio and Sheamus for example)

Same goes with Santino he can actually wrestle really well when he was in the private leagues and the training camp at the WWE, but when he was good enough they destroyed his original character and made him into a goof ball

As for WM

Randy Orton vs Kane

Orton will win unless he aggrovates his back during the match

John Cena vs. The Rock

Cena will win giving him the opportunity to turn face HEEL

Punk as Jericho has had the upper hand on him in the run up

Sheamus as well he is Irish and cool

Undertaker will win Michaels will turn on Hunter

Not sure, but given Shows WM record it is most likely Rhodes to win

Will not comment until all the 6 members have been confirmed

Kelly and Maria will win as always the none wrestler wins

I wrote a comment on a WWE site a few hours ago (I felt quite passionate/incensed at the time):

I like to think that right now the WWE is in a transitional period between two eras; PG era and whatever comes next. If Cena wins, all the IWC's protesting, all the fan's booing, all the incredible ideas that everyone on this site has come up with to try and help the WWE will be a total waste. WWE will return to PG era and lose fans by the second. The Rock has to win, no matter if he can or not, because of those words he parted with just a few weeks ago, "Because while you fight for them, I fight for them" referring to the audience. When Cena wins it'll kill the WWE. But, if the Rock wins WWE will get better and better. Change will be facilitated, and Cena may actually regain just a couple of his older fans because they maybe, just maybe will have the slightest bit of respect back for him. This isn't about the Attitude era; that's long gone. This isn't about the PG era; that's almost gone.

This is about the future of the WWE.

Cena needs to lose.

As for Kofi, his only big push in 2009 against Orton came to a complete halt after http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-kxxFjiD6s. He got up too quickly because he was supposed to lose the match after taking a Punt Kick from Orton. He hasn't had a proper push since.

Del Rio, as much of a fan of his I am, is just like Jo-Mo - he has the charisma of a shoelace. The only reason why I like him is because he whipped John Cena's ass backwards at Vengeance and has awesome signatures and finishers, plus he is not too shabby a pure wrestler, much like Daniel Bryan...

And actually Orton's last injury was a concussion after a botched RKO on Big Show (before the "YOU F***ED UP" chants).

Cena is going to win. And the WWE know what they are doing and know how to make a change. They have only gone PG as of the rising number of 12 and under who are starting to follow and they cannot promote strong words to that age bracket as it is against the law in the USA for a prime time show.

Also, you are wrong on Ortons injury being a concussion be it he had suffered one but he has actually damaged his spine after botching an RKO in a unaired show which he landed in the wrong place on a chair and had a spasm causing the match to be stopped along with the punishment he puts his body through wrestling

Wrestlemania Predictions

Punk Vs Jericho-Punk, like what Ollie said plus I think these two could have a monumental feud.

HHH Vs Taker- Taker, because it's Taker. It's a stupid stupid scenario having Michaels as Special Guest. He could easily turn on both. HHH- He doesn't want him to break the streak. Taker-Trips is his friend.

Cena Vs Rock- Cena. It's nailed on. It will let him turn heel which he needs. Jeff I cannot see your point one bit.

Not bothered about the rest of the card.

The first hour is going to be cack though.

Is you look;

Taker Hunter-45 Mins?

Rock Cena-40 Mins?

Punk Jericho 30 Mins

Bryan Sheamus 20 Mins

Kane Orton 15 Mins

It's gunna be packed.

Cena is going to win. And the WWE know what they are doing and know how to make a change. They have only gone PG as of the rising number of 12 and under who are starting to follow and they cannot promote strong words to that age bracket as it is against the law in the USA for a prime time show.

Also, you are wrong on Ortons injury being a concussion be it he had suffered one but he has actually damaged his spine after botching an RKO in a unaired show which he landed in the wrong place on a chair and had a spasm causing the match to be stopped along with the punishment he puts his body through wrestling

Didn't hear about that injury, only knew about the one against Big Show on Raw.

As for Cena, I can guarantee you that if/when he wins, the WWE will NOT change at all. Actually, the only change that will happen will be WWE being worse. The whole year of promoting the match, the Rock's work promoting it outside of WWE, everything will be for nothing if Rocky just puts over Cena. Cena faces no respect from the majority of the crowd - certainly not me. Just found an article on Bleacher Report which is very interesting and just backs up my point that Cena has to lose totally cleanly, because he never puts anyone over. EVER.

Wrestlemania Predictions

Punk Vs Jericho-Punk, like what Ollie said plus I think these two could have a monumental feud.

HHH Vs Taker- Taker, because it's Taker. It's a stupid stupid scenario having Michaels as Special Guest. He could easily turn on both. HHH- He doesn't want him to break the streak. Taker-Trips is his friend.

Cena Vs Rock- Cena. It's nailed on. It will let him turn heel which he needs. Jeff I cannot see your point one bit.

Not bothered about the rest of the card.

The first hour is going to be cack though.

Is you look;

Taker Hunter-45 Mins?

Rock Cena-40 Mins?

Punk Jericho 30 Mins

Bryan Sheamus 20 Mins

Kane Orton 15 Mins

It's gunna be packed.

So sorry, but how exactly will they turn him heel after a VICTORY over THE ROCK at WRESTLEMANIA IN MIAMI?! It will do nothing but reinforce this 'SuperCena' routine. Just look at Summerslam 2010, he was DDT'd onto CONCRETE, but then locked Barrett in the STF and won. Flash Back to the past, 1986, Jake Roberts DDTing Ricky Steamboat onto CONCRETE and legitimately knocking him out. He could've turned heel after Wrestlemania 26, 25, 27, any of those but didn't. He won't do it now if he beats Rocky.

From how I see it. Cena has been wanting to turn heel for the past two years but as he is the poster boy for the WWE they haven't allowed it whereas now he has the chance to because he clearly isn't the fan favourite heading into WM but it will help him boost his chances of becoming the face he wants.

Additionally, that article says he hasn't helped anyone but in actual fact he has. As of the feud with Dwayne it has allowed younger stars to go for the WWE/WH championship as he is not in contention. He was also the one to urge his friend Mark Henry to turn face again in order to get the WH title with 'Hall of Pain' gimmic. Plus he helped Zack Ryder gain his first singles championship by promoting him to the WWE as well as urging Ryder to do what it takes to get his chances as he was overlooked with the whole Internet champion business.

Jesus Christ. Calm down. And you've answered your own question.

From how I see it. Cena has been wanting to turn face for the past two years but as he is the poster boy for the WWE they haven't allowed it whereas now he has the chance to because he clearly isn't the fan favourite heading into WM but it will help him boost his chances of becoming the face he wants.

Additionally, that article says he hasn't helped anyone but in actual fact he has. As of the feud with Dwayne it has allowed younger stars to go for the WWE/WH championship as he is not in contention. He was also the one to urge his friend Mark Henry to turn face again in order to get the WH title with 'Hall of Pain' gimmic. Plus he helped Zack Ryder gain his first singles championship by promoting him to the WWE as well as urging Ryder to do what it takes to get his chances as he was overlooked with the whole Internet champion business.

Oliie do you mean Heel? :lol:

And speaking of Henry, he was told to turn face but 'vehemently refused' because he wanted to continue the 'Hall of Pain' gimmick and be successful that way. Because of this, the plans in place for his latest push have been abandoned in favour of him being put in the 6- man tag team match.

What a freak I am. :L ;) And Love how you've ignored my point Jeff.

I'll give Cena credit for his off-screen work; I acknowledge it. But he also has a massive influence on creative and booking because of his Hogan-like tendency for backstage politics and his friendship with McMahon. On screen he never puts anyone over. It's only people putting him over. The Nexus seems to have been created only to put over Cena and Orton.

On a totally unrelated note, why is Mr. Kennedy in TNA and called Mr Anderson?

Because his real name is Ken Anderson. He wanted Kennedy at the WWE, but changed the name as he doesn't want to be associated with them anymore after the way he was treated by Laurinaitis.

And the WWE formed Nexus as a way to show that Cena was able to be conquered however only be a group of newbies. And when he joined Nexus it had got them recognised for being a threat and not to be taken lightly as they done that to Cena which also was one key sign he wanted to turn heel

What a freak I am. :L ;) And Love how you've ignored my point Jeff.

I'll give Cena credit for his off-screen work; I acknowledge it. But he also has a massive influence on creative and booking because of his Hogan-like tendency for backstage politics and his friendship with McMahon. On screen he never puts anyone over. It's only people putting him over. The Nexus seems to have been created only to put over Cena and Orton.

On a totally unrelated note, why is Mr. Kennedy in TNA and called Mr Anderson?

Let's make this clear as Daylight Jeff.

You don't want Cena to win at WM because you prefer Rock and what you believe in, which alot of people would yes? The majority of people would want Cena to get battered. Cena's best years were his earlier ones where he was edgier. That is what he needs to go back too. Now going back to the match if Cena wins people-like yourself will be outraged. You'll hate Cena even more. Which would mean he'd be turning heel FFS! That's why it's crucual he wins.

And his real name is Ken Anderson.

You don't want Cena to win at WM because you prefer Rock and what you believe in, which alot of people would yes? The majority of people would want Cena to get battered. Cena's best years were his earlier ones where he was edgier. That is what he needs to go back too. Now going back to the match if Cena wins people-like yourself will be outraged. You'll hate Cena even more. Which would mean he'd be turning heel FFS! That's why it's crucual he wins.

This made me happy :)

It doesn't matter if people hate him, he won't turn heel unless Rock beats him. Unless that happens he will stay the 'Nice Guy SuperCena'. I hate the Rock ALMOST as much as I hate Cena, but if when Cena wins the younger portion of the audience will pour more money into the company and everything will stay the way it is. The only reason Cena is still in WWE is that he is marketable and sells a lot of merchandise. That's why when he gets battered for 15-20 minutes then Hulks up and hits that crappy finisher of his, toddlers, babies and most women go crazy. WWE doesn't care what fans want, they only care about what is marketable and will make them money. They only change something in a wrestler if it will make them more money.

At least, that's how it used to be.

WWE fans wanted Kings of Wrestling, Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli. In FCW.

WWE fans wanted Zack Ryder. One time USA champ.

WWE fans wanted HHH vs Taker. HELL IN A CELL.

Now WWE fans want the Rock to beat John Cena and John Cena to turn heel. If this isn't fulfilled, WWE will lose a lot of their fans in the older fan bracket, and then lose a lot of money. THAT IS MY POINT.

It doesn't matter if people hate him, he won't turn heel unless Rock beats him. Unless that happens he will stay the 'Nice Guy SuperCena'. I hate the Rock ALMOST as much as I hate Cena, but if when Cena wins the younger portion of the audience will pour more money into the company and everything will stay the way it is. The only reason Cena is still in WWE is that he is marketable and sells a lot of merchandise. That's why when he gets battered for 15-20 minutes then Hulks up and hits that crappy finisher of his, toddlers, babies and most women go crazy. WWE doesn't care what fans want, they only care about what is marketable and will make them money. They only change something in a wrestler if it will make them more money.

But fans = money, they must have a lot of fans in mind when they decide something in order to make money.

atm there is a larger portion of fans who hate Cena as of his face character. Cena wants to turn heel and the only way to do this is by beating the Rock at WM as he is by far not the fan favourite as Dwayne is in his home town. Thats why when Cena will win as he is competing unlike the wrong it will push his status for a heel turn and will continue being the poster boy as of it keeping the merchandise sales and getting what he wants in return. The youngsters and women follow Cena due to his good looks and character when he changes the older men and women still will follow him as of the villian character. They wont be losing any fans they will just be replacing the younger ones with the older fanatics.

With the heel turn it will push Cena to go back to his starting days before becoming the WWE champion and return to the Chain Gang and Dr. of Thugonomics in which was his best character and will continue to reign as the top dog.

Miz was on top when he was WWE Champ as have many before him, also Miz was poster boy for 3/4 months when Champ as he sold and his character was a gold mine for the heel fans.

I'm slightly considering if Jeff knows what Heel means.......... Ollie you've summed it up perfectly, there's not alot more I can add. Overall our two posts have got it spot on!

Miz was on top when he was WWE Champ as have many before him, also Miz was poster boy for 3/4 months when Champ as he sold and his character was a gold mine for the heel fans.

No he wasn't. Just like CM Punk, the WWE championship doesn't matter if it's not on Cena according to the booking team, and the McMahons. Cena is always the top dog and poster boy, it's why he is almost always in every main event of every PPV, Raw and sporadically Smackdown. Miz was a third wheel during the Cena/Rock feud in 2011, and the WWE championship became a prop on a wrestler.

And Jayze and Ollie, you're basically saying, "If the fans hate him turn him heel". I know what a heel is, I know what a face is, and if Cena doesn't lose at WM then he can't turn heel in my eyes. Simple enough and I can't see why you don't understand that I have an opinion on this and it won't be wavered by what you are saying. A heel is classified, not by the crowd reaction, but by the wrestler's action. CM Punk, before MITB in the summer did a worked shoot promo which was basically complaining that he isn't being elevated to the position he thinks he should be in, and everything he said was morally and professionally wrong (I KNOW IT WAS A WORK!!!!!). In effect, it was a heel promo but he achieved a 50/50 split between the fans. At MITB he was still a heel but it was Chicago (his hometown) so he got a massive pop. BUT HE WAS STILL A HEEL. He was just edgier than the everyday coward heel. Did Cena put him over? Yes and no. Would he have lost if McMahon and Funkman got involved(if it was real?)? Probably not. At Summerslam, did Cena win TOTALLY cleanly? No he didn't. His feet were on the ropes when he lost. Just ask yourself, when was the last time he lost to someone TOTALLY cleanly? Without outside interference, cheating or crooked refereeing? I don't know myself, probably before I got into wrestling. But because of that (I don't care about off-screen) on-screen he is a reincarnation of Hogan - a no-sell. While you two think I'm not listening to a word you're saying, you seem to forget about Wade Barrett DDTing Cena onto concrete then losing to him, when Steamboat was on the receiving end of a DDT from Jake Roberts onto concrete and was legitimately knocked out. If Cena can lose his ego and do what is best for the people in the back, the audience and all the rest of the fans watching him at home, he'll do what is right and put the Rock over at WM 28, or I and a lot of others will stop watching WWE.

Let me ask you this Jeff. Why would Cena have to put the Rock over? People want the Rock to win, People know what's he's done so what difference would it make? You don't put an older star over, it would be like saying Ziggler putting Taker over. What would be the point? Punk wasn't a heel then at all. EVERYONE wanted Punk to win, hence why he was a face. Cena was putting Punk over, because Cena is the more established wrestler in the business.

It doesn't make a difference wether Cena hasn't lost cleanly at all. If anything THAT'S MAKING HIM A HEEL. Both me and Ollie cannot see your point. I'm sorry. But if he's not liked he's a heel.