Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic The official WWE thread

JeffreyA

I dunno, last year Taker vs HHH was a pretty violent match. Last time those to faced off in a HITC that was pretty violent, so it should be a good one :)

Isnt it in Takers contract he can't loose? Never been excited about his WM matches lol.

Imagen Austin in WWE now as he was in his prime, it wouldn't last 5 mins. Austin was the WWE back then between he ran everything, ok the Rock was the poster boy but Austin helped make him.

I doubt the WWE would put that in his contract as if people were able to get a hold of it, it would make the matches pretty boring as we know he will win.

And the same can be said about Cena. Rock/Austin passed the torch to Cena who is carrying the WWE with help from the likes of Edge and Orton :)

Also whenever SCSA returns he is pretty much the same character as always. With the beer chugging, mud hole stomping, swearing son of a bitch!

I love SCST sooooo much lol, i've got his legacey DVD and its quality!

Yeah but Austin wouldn't be being ran over, or throwing people in rivers, crushing cars etc, its such a shame his knee is buggered because i'd watch it if he was back full time :).

Comparing the Rock to Cena makes me sick lol, i've never been the Rocks biggest fan but he is a complete legend and Cena will never reach them heights, i just hate Cena though lol. And not in the like hate why many people feel about wrestlers i just full on hate him lol.

The only wrestler i like now is Ortan, he's like the sick twisted Austin lol.

Austin had to stop due to his neck not his knee ;)

I think Cena and Rock are legitimate comparison with the best of Attitude and the best of PG.

Plus, Rocky did say for Cena to have a legacy as good as The Rocks he needs an entire crowd against him... Thus WM28 in Miami.

Its been a while, only a slight mix up haa.

I just don't think the current "main" stars are anywhere near as good as the old ones. I think that The Rock, SCSA, Taker, HHH, Angel are alot better at everything compared to people like Shamus and Cena etc.

I don't think any of todays stars would have made it 10 years ago, look at AJ Styles (I no he's TNA) but a few years back he was a nobody on WWE yet now the same person has become one the biggest stars on the show.

It just goes to show how dramatised it is now and how your somewhat forced to like someone whereas back in the day there were so many stars to pick from you felt bad having a favorite.

I agree about the main stars of today being nothing compared to the previous ones. But then those ones cannot be compared to Hogan, Andre, Piper and co in there prime.

But the WWE has a policy where they choose the best and push them more than the others, which is why it took Ryder a long time once he left 'La Familia' to get noticed by the board and with help from Cena he was able to become US Champ

23 Thing from Wrestlemania

1-) No fireworks? I guess that was due to them being outdoors.

2-) Surely both Sheamous and Bryan deserve better?

3-) Orton-Kane was suprisingly good, suprising outcome to.

4-) Big Show was always going to win wasn't he?

5-) How cringeworthy are the Slim Jim adverts?

6-) Do we really need to have the same offer shown twice-especially was 3/4 of the population can't take advantage of it?

7-) Thank God Taker used his 'old' theme song what a entrance that is.

8-) Suprisingly brutal Hell in a Cell

9-) The sooner the streak/Taker is over the better. It's gettin embarrasing now.

10-) Haven't seen a moment of noise like when HBK Superkicked Taker into the Pedigree

11-) Why did Taker Hell's gate Hbk?

12-) Who the hell is that Maria?

13-) For me Punk/Jericho was a let down, I might have been tired but the crowd seemed dead, I doubt it was because of the match however the booking didn't help the two slap bang inbetween the 2 biggies.

14-) I love John Laurinitous? voice, it's so cool

15-) The mini performaces were strange to say the least, the girl in Cena's was quite tasty wasn't she?

16-) What a match

17-) HOW COOL IS BRODUS/

18-) Cena should have won

19-) What a match

20-) By god what a night it was.

21-) I miss Edge

22-) Does Edge have the best theme music around? The passion and excitement in it is surely the best?

23-) How many times did the Wrestlers throf last night? :lol:

1. There was some fireworks but I think they had them higher up into sky as everything seemed a lot closer together so the fireworks would be too close to the crowd?

2. They do, these under a minute matches are a joke.

3. Agreed, did not expect that outcome.

4. Unfortunately so.

5. Didn't pay attention to the adverts really.

6. Some other advert I'm guessing?

7. Old school Taker :wub:

8. Can't fault a good HIAC.

9. I expect Taker to retire with 20-0 he's too old to carry on surely.

10. It was expected but still when a Sweet Chin Music comes out you can't not be excited.

11. I didn't get that either, and with bringing out another ref to choke slam?

12. Who cares?

13. I actually cannot remember much of this match, too tired, need to watch it over.

14. I love Laurinitis in general, Teddy is too annoying.

15. Mini performances? Why the hell can I not stay awake till 4 anymore :(

17. One truly funky guy.

18. Big shock though, I always enjoy them.

19. See 13, unfortunately.

20. It was good from what I remember, still some poor points in my opinion.

21. Ditto.

22. I've always loved Edge's music, his previous ones were good too.

23. Throf?

I would've loved to have been there but my brother was telling me how he knows someone who knows someone from uni who paid £3K to go see it, but love to do it in the future sometime.

R I do! :lol:

And I know, he did and then wiped it into him! :lol:

Unfortunatley last night showed how wrestling is staged, HHH battered Taker yet he didn't get pinned, but as soon as Taker does it game over. <_<

I agree with most of those Jay...

The coming is my opinion on the night.

I will go in order from start to finish, and place my opinions and winners in spoilers as not to ruin it for people who havent seen it yet.

World Heavyweight Championship

Daniel Bryan © vs Sheamus

Winner: Sheamus

Right now where to start. This was something that I was not expecting at all. Ok a world record was set in the quickest World Heavyweight title change in history with 18 seconds, but I felt these two needed much more than a squash match. During the celebrations Sheamus was mocking Bryan with the 'YES, YES, YES' which amused Jerry and Cole as well as the millions. It could have been one for the ages as both are fantastic wrestlers and have good strong traits for them. I was expecting Bryan to revoke his rematch later in the night, but this did not happen.

Singles

Randy Orton vs Kane

Winner: Kane

Actually a really good match to watch. I was expecting Orton to get the win, but then again Kane has had a roll as of late and anything could have happened. An unexpected ending with Kane delivering a thunderous Chokeslam from the second rope onto Orton which stunned the crowd and the world!

Intercontinental Championship

Cody Rhodes © vs Big Show

Winner: Big Show

Now with Cody mocking Show in the build up it was obvious Show was going to win in which he did. Was another good match to watch surprisingly despite the difference in competitors, and Show spearing Rhodes in the groin supposedly the ribs was a sight to see actually surprised the ref didn't disqualify Show.

Divas Tag Team

Kelly Kelly & Maria Menounos vs Beth Phoenix & Eve Torres

Winner: Kelly & Maria

As expected Kelly and Maria won this match seeing as Maria is not a part of the WWE and those people always win. Need a male celebrity to face off now such as Trump again for another Millionaire vs Millionaire as that was one of the best I have ever seen. Show vs Shad next year?

End of an Era: Hell in a Cell

Triple H vs The Undertaker

Special Guest Referee Shawn Michaels

Winner: The Undertaker

What a match this was. Hell in a Cell Taker vs Hunter what more could you ask for. There were surprises around and Hunter decimating Taker with wicked chair shots to the back causing various welts. Michael being straight down the middle as he interfered with both Hunter and Takers business as not to be left out as Mr. Wrestlemania. In the end it was a good match and probably the best of the night. At the end a brilliant sign of respect from all 3 as they left the arena in what is definitely a Wrestlemania moment!

12 man tag team match

Team Teddy vs Team Johnny

Winner: Team Johnny

Was an alright tag team match if I am honest with the regular happenings of a large tag team match; bodies everywhere, people high flying, and domination from one team on one person. Personally, I am pretty sure neither team should have won as of violation on rules, Hornswoggle interfering, Brie, Vicky, Nikki and Okasana all getting involved. And Dolph Ziggler staying in the ring for longer than 5 seconds as he was not the legal man. But the main shock if you can call it that was Eve kicking Ryder in the balls after he lost the match.

WWE Championship: The best in the World

CM Punk © vs Chris Jericho

Winner:CM Punk

Now two titles had already switched hands during the night, but the WWE title has only changed hands twice at WM since 2004, so who knew what would have happened. Jericho started the match off with trying to get Punk disqualified as Johnny put in a stipulation where if Punk gets DQ'd then he loses the title. But Punk did not fall for these cheap tricks from Jericho. Was another good match for the night which saw Punk prevail in the end.

Once in a Life Time

The Rock vs John Cena

Winner:The Rock

Now I am not sure what to say on this match. What I was expecting was the greatest you will ever see, but to me this was not the case. Too much hype not enough action. It was clear Dwayne was not in his prime as after big impact moves it took Rocky twice as much time as someone to recover than usual. I was expecting an epic such as back at Wrestlemania 23 which saw Cena vs Michaels which to me has been the best Wrestlemania I have seen to date. In the end Cena was mocking Rock by going for 'The Peoples Elbow' but Rock got up and Rock Bottomed Cena to gain the win. To me that match was a dud and every now and then moves were botched.

Overall, I dont think the night was as good as it could have been and had been hyped far to much to be the best. To me, I see with WM23 or the 25th Wrestlemania to have been the best ones to date.

23 was amazing

Millionaire vs Millionaire

Donald Trump (Bobby Lashley) vs Vince McMahon (Umaga)

WH

Batista vs Taker

WWE

Cena vs Michaels

What I am shocked about though is Cena usually does something really creative and amazing for his Wrestlemania matches, but this time the WWE had MGK and FloRida to rap before Rock and Cena entered.

And if Im honest I was expecting Rock to do the machine gun pose Batista does :lol:

Yes, I was suprised by Cena's entrance, 23 he had the Mustang, 24 he had a band and then 25? Didn't have loads of Cena's instead he had some weedy rapper.

Cenas entrances from 22;

Can you spot Punk? ;)

They have probably been the best entrances at Wrestlemania. Then this one was poor, he should have done something more creative :lol:

Crap finish though. Best Cena moment imo whcih really gave me goosebumps was his comeback at Royal Rumble it was just OMG!

http://youtu.be/XY9hzuZWLnc

JR LOSING IT! WHAT OMG THE ROOF JUST PICKED OFF MADISON SQUARE GARDENS......AND YES BUSINESS HAS JUST PICKED UP! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Probably the most emphatic return ever!

Compared to The Rock making his return to his hometown of Miami where there was pittance of celebration for him :lol:

Why Rock verus Cena is not once in a lifetime.......

John Cena is the face of the WWE. He will be in the business you would assume for many years to come and is a future hall of famer, however the Rock-while he will be a hall of famer-will not be here in 3/4 years time. That is the reason why last night leads to only one thing, Summerslam. Mnay people have pin pointed Rock Vs Cena at Summerslam already and the implcations from last night in Miami suggest that even more. There is no point for Rock to be put over by Cena as to be quite honest he doesn't need to be. He's already done it all and I doubt he'll be here week in week out-however John will. That is why many people thought that the Rock would lose last night and pass tha baton onto Cena, very much like Rock versus Hogan at Wrestlemania 18. Rock won the match last night and it was asif the test had been passed that baton reprisenting the WWE universe was being passed on from Hogan to Rock. It seemed that would be the case last night, however as John mocked Rocky he got Rock bottomed and lost the match. Now eventually Cena HAS to beat Rock as to be honest it would all have been pointless, aswell it would to an extent be disrespectful to John. Afterall he get's in the ring day in day out while Rock barely shows his face. And then in the biggest Wrestlemania main event® he get's his ass kicked, that's just wrong. The big 4 PPV's are Royal Rumble-which is starting to seem pointless-Wrestlemania, Summerslam and Survivor Series, so the next big boy is Summerslam so I would put good money on John Cena versus The Rock taking place at Summerslam 2012. As a result is it really once in a liftime? More twice in 5 months.

Very strong case and I can see that happening Jay :)

As for your comment on the 'Big 4' PPVs I have heard that they might be getting rid of Survivor Series within the next few years as they want to rebrand it and create something that has never been done before in the wrestling world

Holy motherfadgklna iafuigh asdf larjg

Words cannot describe my glee for the return of 6' 3", 266lb freak that is known as Brock Lesnar!!!

I already knew about it to an extent there were many reports about him being in Miami. It was either going to be Raw or Wrestlemania....

My brother dropped a hint about it before Mania and all the Lesnar chants were a give away but I still had goosebumps as soon as his music played :lol:

Me and Franco agree on the main event for WM29 is going to be for the WWE Championship featuring;

Brock Lesnar vs John Cena vs The Rock!

There are also rumours going around now, that because Lesnar has returned to the WWE, we might be witnessing the return of Goldberg in order to finish of the historic feud with Lesnar!!