Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic The official WWE thread

JeffreyA

I did. The first 2 hours and a bit were actually really good. The Taker/Punk match (as much as I am a Punk mark) went the right way and was MOTN. Then we got two (imo) lame Main Events, which put the show down. Shame, it could have been amazing, although it's probably been the better Mania for a good while.

I do agree with that. It hit Punk vs Taker and thats where it turned. But I don't reckon that was match of the night.

For me it was the tag titles match that was just class.

Trips, Lesnar just slowed at the end and kind of got boring but the Cena Rock match did pick up again and rounded the night off in a good way

Personally I liked Lesnar/HHH I, while alot didn't, but the second wasn't upto that standard. And while I agree that Twice In A Lifetime did pick up near the end, the ending and just the fact that Cena won annoys me. I was really thinking that, because Rock is on the covers of the next ppv, that he'd win and Cena might turn heel, although they'd never do that. CM Punk and Taker should have been last, like I wanted it to be, then people would go home in a better mood. Overall though it was alot better than last year imo.

On another note, I missed some of the Tag match (because of my stream dying). Did Big E do well in it? Also at the start I thought that was going to be the end haha, like last years first match.

Yeah Big E was quite good in it.

And if you watched Raw today or saw tweets after WM 29 the Rock got injured 15minutes before the end of the match tearing his abdomen and getting a hernia. And this is on the DL that apparently he was supposed to win, but because of the injury sustained Cena won in the end.

The greatest wrestler in the history of WWF/E Stone Cold Steve Austin now has a podcast! I've just found it on the podcast store, extremely excited to hear what he has to say!

I liked Mania, was once of the good ones in past few years. I really enjoyed the Punk - Taker match too, thought it was unreal, but the tag match was good too. The Rock - Cena had too much countering towards the end for my liking. But Raw was epic, the Fandango theme chants were quality!

I want Cena to turn heel into doctor of thuganomics again WWE needs to stop targeting little kids and start targeting 18 year olds like they were in the Attitude Era. I seriously think WWE would make more money by making this and tuning RAW in to an hour and a half like it was 3 hours is just ridiculous but they might get scared off the idea by being scared of getting charged by people for being too violent what do you guys think?

Do the math. Add up how many grown people you see with little kids. Most of the people in there are with kids.

85% of their merchandise sales are purchased for kids. If I ever see a grown man, dressed up with Cena's outfit thing. I'll slap them lol.

Not to mention Linda McMahon(Vince McMahon's wife) is trying(failing) to go into politics. Ironically how she was the CEO up until 2009. They change the rating in 2008. The same(around the same(2009) year she announced her candidacy for Senate.

She failed.

She tried again last year. Failed again. But this time she was out $100m. Most of her(husband's) own money.

Either that's the reason why they switched from "Attitude and Raunchy. Blood and Gore" to "Two men will go into a ring, and most likely slap each other". Or. It's because kid's are younger. And if you make them childhood fans. It's most likely they will get their kids involved. And stay involved.

What usually lasts longer? A 30+ year old person(or 18+). Or a 5+ year old kid?

Should just make it a wrestling thread, doubt there'd be enough interest for two separate ones

There's hardly enough interest for even one thread  :P

I watched AS didnt even think to be on here too! Best PPV (even though it was free) ive ever seen!! The Paul Heyman attack was Genius