Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

Di Maria's been taking the World Class diving school of Manchester United it seems.
It looked a bit soft but a push is a push and considering Phil Dowd is strict, it was always going to be a free kick and a sending off. Also I'm very happy with a point and it's only the second time you dropped points. (Against both the Manchester clubs.)
A huge majority of footballers go down from a challenge that's a "bit soft", it's something we just have to live with. It's that important to the game that it regularly defines the difference between a draw and a win, or a win and a loss. However, what happened there was a blatant deception of the ref and an innocent player got punished. If you'd seen the challenge and you're still making excuses then that's terrible. A push is a push yes, make the most of it. If you're gonna do what ADM did, and Young and Januzaj regularly do, get out of the game. Suarez took a load of flack for making a meal out of soft challenges, so what does that make this??

I don't think Luiz doing that cost the game though, also at least there was contact in that one, the contact was clear it was the over reaction. Di Maria looked like the wind knocked him over.

I think we lost that game 1-0. I can't remember if Evra would have made a difference :/ I think there is contact in the challenge but it wasn't a second yellow contact IMO :)

The video makes it pretty clear there was no contact. ADM's guilty face when he gets up confirms there was no contact.

In fact this video shows a new perspective which makes it worse! Iva clips his heel, ADM keeps balance, plants the same foot down and then throws himself on the floor.

That IS NOT a dive!!! Ivanovic CLEARLY had contact with DiMarias heel and that hurts big time he then feels that pain steps and goes down the foul isn't a 'trip' that will make the player go down?immediately hence why it was a delayed thing and?certainly doesn't mean it was a dive! Clear Yellow Card whether it was accidental or?not always is and always has been

I never understand how the player must get thrown to the floor when fouled nowadays! '

E.g in six a side tonight I went past a player and he proceeded to step on my foot as I ran away past him and I didn't go down, go flying, just stopped as it hurt! No foul given just because I didn't go down! Its still a foul whether or not he meant it and its not a dive! Its stupid how to get a free kick you have to make the contact known to get anything

Typing in capitals doesn't make a point any more relevant. ADM is a diver and always has been, he felt Iva's foot brush against his and he stopped and then dived. I'll take it back that he made something out of nothing for sure, but, as a lot of players do and I'll admit when my own team does - he bloody well did dive.

I know there's a scottish football thread but it's still kind of relevant here... I'm talking to a girl who knows zero about football (or sport) and she's complaining that all her bf (massive Rangers fan) talks about is football and she's always telling him to shut up. So I told her as soon as she gets home, to ask him how he feels about Mike Ashley buying into Rangers and how he thinks it will affect Ally's standing at the club. His reaction will be priceless and I wish I could be there to see it :lol:

It certainly didn't look like a dive on MOTD2 when I watched it. That angle Leeroy, makes it look like a clear dive. It looks completely different to the one I saw, strange that.

What?? The guy with the ADM shirt as his DP doesn't think it was a dive???

The guy who hates Man Utd insists it was a dive??? How can this be?

What?? The guy with the ADM shirt as his DP doesn't think it was a dive???

The guy who hates Man Utd insists it was a dive??? How can this be?

What do you mean by this comment, then?

That was my way of saying that I'll argue a Utd player did wrong until I'm out of breath, as long as there's the slightest opportunity to. And I'd expect a Utd fan to do the opposite. Obviously that won't apply to serious incidents - if Balotelli knocked Van persie out for no reason, I wouldn't swear blind that he was asking for it.

That was my way of saying that I'll argue a Utd player did wrong until I'm out of breath, as long as there's the slightest opportunity to. And I'd expect a Utd fan to do the opposite. Obviously that won't apply to serious incidents - if Balotelli knocked Van persie out for no reason, I wouldn't swear blind that he was asking for it.

Oh, okay that's true. Anyway, do you think Rossiter will start again tonight?

@Skill: I live in and follow Shrewsbury but i support LFC, i was dreading them drawing each other lol.

@Leroy: I haven't a clue if we're on normal Sky/BT but we'll have it on ;)

What do you guys reckon SI will do with Ched Evans in FMH 15? Fact is, he is a footballer who has declared himself active in the game. Without the controversy surrounding him, we wouldn't think twice about presuming him to be a free agent. It'll be an interesting one because the choices are either include him (he is a footballer after all) or don't include him (which will be making a statement wether it was intended or not).