Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

53 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Even we’ve been Rochdale 3 times on the spin 😂 Fucking 40 year old equalising!!

it was shocking mate......

On 27/12/2019 at 00:48, Mr Tree said:

I wouldn't be so sure... Reckon it's between us, them and Leeds for the FA Cup this year...

us and Liverpool, then. and looks like we're gonna stand aside and let them have it, prioritising the league with our game vs 4th-placed Forest rearranged for the Tuesday after the 4th round tie, so we'll probably rest everyone to prepare for that.

17 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

us and Liverpool, then. and looks like we're gonna stand aside and let them have it, prioritising the league with our game vs 4th-placed Forest rearranged for the Tuesday after the 4th round tie, so we'll probably rest everyone to prepare for that.

Do you know much about the youngster Joe Hardy that we’ve signed from you? His numbers seem decent even if it has just been for the reserves. 

Just now, Ian said:

Do you know much about the youngster Joe Hardy that we’ve signed from you? His numbers seem decent even if it has just been for the reserves. 

ha, yes, he's a Liverpool lad and he's just "squad filler" for you, no great future in him don't get excited (if we'd seen anything in him we'd have kept him). bizarre but helps to fill quotas or whatever. he's a fox in the box but not much else.

6 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Nice choice of words.

51CAC926-A218-45FC-A2B4-46C9191840CE.gif.cdd66cc270f3baef072ae01e3576fbe2.gif

That really hurts me every time I see it, just like a dagger through my heart. Only one cure for it and hopefully it’s near.

1 hour ago, Ian said:

That really hurts me every time I see it, just like a dagger through my heart. Only one cure for it and hopefully it’s near.

Did you listen to the Gerrard interview on the Carragher podcast @Ian? It was fascinating hearing Gerrard with his guard down talking about the slip and previous managers.

https://audioboom.com/posts/7473262-steven-gerrard

LFC player wise he's also interviewed Bellamy (hilarious at times) and Henderdon (not got to yet). 

34 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Did you listen to the Gerrard interview on the Carragher podcast @Ian? It was fascinating hearing Gerrard with his guard down talking about the slip and previous managers.

LFC player wise he's also interviewed Bellamy (hilarious at times) and Henderdon (not got to yet). 

I heard about it and was meaning to listen to it so I will do tomorrow. It’ll be interesting to hear what he’s got to say about previous managers now and whether him being in the dugout himself has changed some of his views.

22 minutes ago, Ian said:

I heard about it and was meaning to listen to it so I will do tomorrow. It’ll be interesting to hear what he’s got to say about previous managers now and whether him being in the dugout himself has changed some of his views.

It's excellent mate, I listened at work last week and I meant to make sure you heard it but I forgot until these mean posts here today *cough @Foxy cough @Rob* reminded me 😂

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

Only had like 5min but ended up listening to the whole f thing. 👍 👍 

I can't have yet another season of this garbage display. If next season shows no improvement I'm f#$& changing teams. Maybe Sunderland. 

5 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Nice picture @samhardy but he is hiding his magic waistcoat.

2E08CA07-77C0-47DA-8414-A6FB527AC335.thumb.jpeg.c24f357a2c5ea21fede5dfdf29809814.jpeg

Really could have gone either way @Woody but I honestly think you have had your chance in this tie and we can win it at home.

Yeah think your right mate. 

Fair play to Town, can't say they don't deserve the draw. 

However 

Screenshot_2020-01-26-18-44-38.thumb.png.dd9be4a3a93989581eb3b361fae65489.png

This is everything wrong with the whole VAR debate. Magic of the cup/story > rules and integrity of the sport is so bloody backwards. If LFC had a penalty in the same circumstances the narrative would be the complete opposite. 

52 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Fair play to Town, can't say they don't deserve the draw. 

However 

Screenshot_2020-01-26-18-44-38.thumb.png.dd9be4a3a93989581eb3b361fae65489.png

This is everything wrong with the whole VAR debate. Magic of the cup/story > rules and integrity of the sport is so bloody backwards. If LFC had a penalty in the same circumstances the narrative would be the complete opposite. 

He has been pissing me off along with a few on the tele when it comes to VAR. They act like everything was all roses before yet used to spend ages debating stuff with lines for offsides etc.

6 minutes ago, Ian said:

He has been pissing me off along with a few on the tele when it comes to VAR. They act like everything was all roses before yet used to spend ages debating stuff with lines for offsides etc.

Agreed, like today championing a wrong decision due to the story it brings? It's utter bollocks. The other way around and LFC would be the devil and they'd spend the show saying how VAR would have saved Shrewsbury, however as it's lack of use benefited the underdog it's the "right decision". Take your head for a shit. 

LiVARpool is a meme rightly or wrongly but we've just played without it and we don't get a penalty for a clear hand ball (town also had a shout tbf) and a pen was awarded miles from the box. 

Yet the replay will have VAR, in a world where if VAR was used today there potentially wouldn't be a replay 😂

We didn't play well and Town deserved the draw, I can't say they didn't but they got it because the referees aren't up to the job, it's that bloody simple. Yet instead of saying this shows how vital VAR is we're championing an underdog story. 

The BBC coverage was condescending twonk today. Garbage, patronising, and generic; the worst of what our snowflake-ridden shower of society has become. Everything is so vanilla, so drowned in age-old well-worn narrative, and barren of originality.

The FA Cup is dead, regardless of what our licence-fee-paying herd of PFMs state.

22 minutes ago, Rob said:

The FA Cup is dead

Try telling that to the 4K Oxford fans at Newcastle yesterday, the thousands of Shrews fans on the pitch this afternoon or the semi pros and amateurs that had played in the cup since August in the hope of playing a pro team in the 1st round.

The Cup may be dead to the big teams who only care about more and more meaningless Champions League matches so they can squeeze a few more 💷 out of the tv viewing public or the teams that have bet there entire future on getting into and staying in the Premier League just to finish 14th every season but they are just a fraction of football in this country. Many clubs and fans still want and need the FA Cup both as a source of income but also just a tiny bit of glory even if that glory means nothing to the rest of the country.

I’m not saying things shouldn’t change and the League Cup is probably well past it’s shelf life but we shouldn’t let these top managers and clubs pull the wool over our eyes. They moan about fixture congestion when it suits them yet they are happy to expand the CL with more meaningless games simply so tv can broadcast them on channels that hardly anyone subscribed to.

9 hours ago, Foxy said:

I’m not saying things shouldn’t change and the League Cup is probably well past it’s shelf life but we shouldn’t let these top managers and clubs pull the wool over our eyes. They moan about fixture congestion when it suits them yet they are happy to expand the CL with more meaningless games simply so tv can broadcast them on channels that hardly anyone subscribed to.

Tbf from reading the statements since I think Klopp's line or take about sending the reverse for the second leg is a dig. The replay is scheduled in the "winter break" in which the PL have basically said it has to be used as a break and not an excuse to schedule a money making friendly, which is fair and it's unfortunate it would even need saying. So one organisation is saying take a break you need it which they do while the other is now forcing games into that break after already forcing games straight after the hectic Xmas season. 

We've already been screwed by poor scheduling this season in the league cup and I'll be disappointed if we risk a trophy to make a dig, however the lads do need a break, the winter break should be a good thing physically and mentally but to force a replay into that break is stupid and arguably unfair as it gives advantages/disadvantages. Granted it's our own fault for playing a weakened side and rolling the dice but wtf should teams be "punished" for drawing a match. 

I'll be massively disappointed if we don't play a similar strength team to what we played yesterday, tbh I'd likely even go a tad stronger. 

10 hours ago, Foxy said:

Try telling that to the 4K Oxford fans at Newcastle yesterday, the thousands of Shrews fans on the pitch this afternoon or the semi pros and amateurs that had played in the cup since August in the hope of playing a pro team in the 1st round.

The Cup may be dead to the big teams who only care about more and more meaningless Champions League matches so they can squeeze a few more 💷 out of the tv viewing public or the teams that have bet there entire future on getting into and staying in the Premier League just to finish 14th every season but they are just a fraction of football in this country. Many clubs and fans still want and need the FA Cup both as a source of income but also just a tiny bit of glory even if that glory means nothing to the rest of the country.

You have completely missed my point and argued my point back at me. It’s dead because of the big clubs. My favourite ever game as a Weymouth fan was Forest away in the Cup. But I know now if we drew a big team they’d put the reserves out and if we somehow scraped a result it will always be laced with ‘well, it was only against Southampton reserves.’ Instead everyone focuses on the finances of it and not the romance. It’s awful and it is so different to what I remember from my childhood.