FMM Vibe
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davis

Off Topic English football

10 minutes ago, Jsavfc said:

So, whos going to be heading to manage Wrexham on the new FMM then.....

imageproxy.php?img=&key=29906ed9e99684811039005189_wrexhamtakeover.thumb.png.a4fd1867ecf3a59ce53ee873dbb6a12c.png

Link to the actual article - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54956962

Madness, I love It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia with Rob McElhenney, up there with my favourite shows. Also love Ryan Reynolds, plus I’m Welsh, so I will be managing them 😁

I’m being serious here, and not trolling, and I know his teams play pretty football, but Pep seems to escape any kind of judgement. His City team have done nothing in Europe and they’ve had one awesome league performance. With all the money he’s spent he can’t build a defence and he seems to have no plan B when a team sets up cleverly against him. 

6 minutes ago, Rob said:

I’m being serious here, and not trolling, and I know his teams play pretty football, but Pep seems to escape any kind of judgement. His City team have done nothing in Europe and they’ve had one awesome league performance. With all the money he’s spent he can’t build a defence and he seems to have no plan B when a team sets up cleverly against him. 

Tiki Taka Rob.....its piss boring!

He needs to sort his shit out and i think it stinks of arrogance abit tbh.

10 minutes ago, Rob said:

Klopp broke him the other year, he's never been the same. 

I did say though Jose is the one to watch this season 

50 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Klopp broke him the other year, he's never been the same. 

I did say though Jose is the one to watch this season 

Agree....i think Spurs will push Liverpool this year with Chelsea my dark horses.

19 minutes ago, Woody said:

Agree....i think Spurs will push Liverpool this year with Chelsea my dark horses.

In a scrapy season with everything in the air there is no-one better than Jose at being boring and grinding it out. Injuries permitting they've one hell of a chance. 

Obviously I still fancy us but Spurs have a tough run now and we've got to get to January with one CB. I think we'll know everything by Xmas. 

15 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

Liverpool for me - don't fancy Jose or Lamps as managers. Obv a bit tricky for the pool without defenders, though...

If we had VVD and Gomez I'd be very confident tbh. 

This could be an exciting race for the title, for me it could be any of Liverpool, Tottenham or Chelsea. Depends how Liverpool respond to the injuries, this has a Mourinho season written all over it, he must be thriving at this. And I want Bale to win the premier league.

As for Pep, I totally agree @Rob he doesn’t seem to come under the same judgment as others, I have a friend who’s a Man City fan and he’s pretty critical of him, doesn’t seem like there’s ever a plan b, he’s had some great teams and been lucky in ways imo.

11 minutes ago, Ashez said:

If we had VVD and Gomez I'd be very confident tbh. 

I will grant yous Eric Bailly as an emergency loan if you want, although you may find him joining VVD and Gomez on the sick bench from day one 😠😂

3 minutes ago, RichD said:

This could be an exciting race for the title, for me it could be any of Liverpool, Tottenham or Chelsea. Depends how Liverpool respond to the injuries, this has a Mourinho season written all over it, he must be thriving at this. And I want Bale to win the premier league.

As for Pep, I totally agree @Rob he doesn’t seem to come under the same judgment as others, I have a friend who’s a Man City fan and he’s pretty critical of him, doesn’t seem like there’s ever a plan b, he’s had some great teams and been lucky in ways imo.

Ian Wright was spot on for once in a blue moon last night on MOTD, City's pressing game that made them so successful just doesnt seem to be there anymore, they used to strangle teams and dominate possession at the same time, but now they just play keep ball and when that doesn't work, they look lost, maybe teams have figured them out? or maybe fatigue? I'm not sure, they still play some beautiful football, but if it doesn't get results, then it's pretty useless

12 minutes ago, Aaron Thornton said:

Ian Wright was spot on for once in a blue moon last night on MOTD, City's pressing game that made them so successful just doesnt seem to be there anymore, they used to strangle teams and dominate possession at the same time, but now they just play keep ball and when that doesn't work, they look lost, maybe teams have figured them out? or maybe fatigue? I'm not sure, they still play some beautiful football, but if it doesn't get results, then it's pretty useless

Yeah I think the game constantly develops and changes and his method of play, which is great, is being figured out a bit and not working as consistently as it once did, saying that they need a fully fit Aguero, gives them a bit of a ruthless edge in front of goal, he’s not getting any younger though, they could do with a someone, who that could be, I’m not sure.

13 minutes ago, Aaron Thornton said:

Personally I think City and Pep's problem is they got lazy with player signings. They stopped making shrewed signings like James Milner and instead signed big names for big money, even their back up full backs are £50 odd million each. 

I wouldn't say it's as bad as Real Madrid or Barca but it's got a feeling of that about it. Just throw money at the problem in hope instead of finding the right player regardless of the cost. 

I don't see the sense in all their signings like I do with Klopps, every player Klopp has brought in was for a reason, everyone had a role and targets were identified for a reason. 

Admittedly he caught alot of us off guard but why wasn't City after Jota? Why wasn't Fabinho their Fernandinho replacement? 

I think that's a big thing tbf, City play the 2 creative midfielders Infront of Rodri who's nowhere near as good as Fernandinho. While we play the grafters to allow the fullbacks and attackers to attack. City are just wide open now with Rodri not being all that with over priced fullbacks. 

Pepe today. By all means get sent off by a mistimed tackle or a calculated second yellow card that stops the other team equalising, but to get sent off for head butting would just annoy the heck out of me if I was a teammate. What an abject failure he has been there.

3 hours ago, Ashez said:

Personally I think City and Pep's problem is they got lazy with player signings. They stopped making shrewed signings like James Milner and instead signed big names for big money, even their back up full backs are £50 odd million each. 

I wouldn't say it's as bad as Real Madrid or Barca but it's got a feeling of that about it. Just throw money at the problem in hope instead of finding the right player regardless of the cost. 

I don't see the sense in all their signings like I do with Klopps, every player Klopp has brought in was for a reason, everyone had a role and targets were identified for a reason. 

Admittedly he caught alot of us off guard but why wasn't City after Jota? Why wasn't Fabinho their Fernandinho replacement? 

I think that's a big thing tbf, City play the 2 creative midfielders Infront of Rodri who's nowhere near as good as Fernandinho. While we play the grafters to allow the fullbacks and attackers to attack. City are just wide open now with Rodri not being all that with over priced fullbacks. 

100% agree with this. It’s signings for the sake of it. People can say what they want about JoMo, but every single Spurs summer signing fits in to his 4-3-3 style of play. City just seem to grab players cos they can. It’s like the tenth season of an FMM save when you have loads of money and you get bored. 

4 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Like anyone is getting near us 😎😎😎

Yep, you’re definitely a solid second place.

(I will literally never be able to say that again, so let me enjoy it please)

4 hours ago, Rob said:

100% agree with this. It’s signings for the sake of it. People can say what they want about JoMo, but every single Spurs summer signing fits in to his 4-3-3 style of play. City just seem to grab players cos they can. It’s like the tenth season of an FMM save when you have loads of money and you get bored. 

Yes Guardiola really get bored and just keep buying any high price player he found on the market. Can’t wait until he reach 20th season of FMM and decides not to sign anyone until the end of the game

25 minutes ago, Rob said:

So a limited number of fans are now allowed back in stadiums as of 2nd Dec...

Yep, looks like 4k for PL and 2k for championship 

19 minutes ago, George Traistă said:

Yep, looks like 4k for PL and 2k for championship 

It’s 4k for tier 1 areas, 2k for tier 2 and 0 for tier 3 and as plenty cities will be desperate to be placed in tier 3 we’ll end up with a bit of a farce when it comes to fairness.

Shit will hit the fan over this very shortly.