Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2013 How The Two Thousand Goal Challenge Should Be Done - By Ashez:

Ashez

How The Two Thousand Goal Challenge Should Be Done:

Introduction:

Hello and welcome to my latest career which will allow you to join me on a magical journey. Recently the thousand goal challenges have been like a virus on Vibe and have completely taken over, after Toms amazing achievement of breaking the two thousand goal barrier a few people have tried to follow in his foot steps with Aykyle heading for the top spot.

However i believe this challenge is being done in a simplistic and unimaginative way, a few people have seen their chosen players score over one hundred goals a season and after each season the player repeats the feat they raise the bar and aim for more, don't get me wrong i love nothing more than seeing members attempting this challenges as it's a challenge i love myself, the fact i have completed it seven times says a lot (Borja,Cunha,Carroll, Paterson, Son, Armenteros and Leo).

20007g.jpg

Although once you've seen something a few times people need an added challenge, like last year i used Carroll who is slightly older than most, while this year i used Son who i couldn't manage at international level and also hated intensive training.

The thing is one thousand goals just isn't enough for me anymore, i need to prove to you guys why i have this reputation, which leads me onto this challenge, the real way to do the two thousand goal challenge.

The Aim Of This Challenge:

So i want to score two thousand goals but it needs to be something game changing, dare i say even Vibe changing? But how do i do this? Well some of my older followers may remember a journey me and the Brazilian Leo went on last year. I had already completed a few one thousand goal challenges so i was looking to push myself which led to me trying an unthinkable three thousand goal challenge! In the end this ended in disaster as i lost faith in the project and settled with Leo scoring the all important one thousand.

This time though i am back for revenge, but the challenge has changed slightly and i am going to use the same principles yet aim for the massive two thousand goal target.

Huh? I Don't Remember This Leo Save, Please Explain More:

This Leo save was extra special because i not only went for a massive target i also used three players, the aim of the challenge was for each player to score one thousand goals while playing in the same squad, at the same time in a monstrous 4-3-3 i created.

p172034bnt1jem1bp5159010plo9m3.jpg

In other words i am back with this challenge as i have dared myself to achieve the unthinkable and have two players score one thousand goals each! Yes that is correct i shall be attempting to have both my strikers score this magic number while playing together in my newly created 4222/442!

My Workings Out:

My golden rule for the one thousand goal challenge is to score eighty goals a season because after twelve seasons you will be sitting on a solid nine hundred and sixty goals, which means only forty are remaining which can easily be picked up via international goals or in season thirteen.

Although aiming for one hundred and sixty goals from a partnership a season is basically madness so the above rule was set out for player one, while player two would be aiming for sixty. After the twelve seasons would be up player one should have completed the challenge while player two would be sitting on roughly seven hundred and twenty, player two could then switch to the main scoring striker or be used as a lone striker while player one is farmed out wide or into the attacking midfield position. Although from this new role player two would still need two hundred and eighty goals which is no easy feat twelve years into a save!

Picking The Players:

Picking the players to use was a difficult task but i soon found one of Vibes forgotten gems which made my life so much easier, the first player i picked was:

M'Baye Niang - 18 Years Old - £4 Million From AC Milan:

236px-M-baye-niang.jpg

Niang was the ideal candidate for the player two role as his natural in game position matched the one i wanted for my more support oriented striker, while he was also young. After twelve seasons Niang would only be thirty which would mean he has plenty of time to achieve the estimated two hundred and eighty goals he would hopefully need.

Now the search for the second striker was a lot more difficult since he had a fair few requirements to meet to gain a chance, but in the end i discovered this beast who should be perfect.

Kevin Mayi - 20 Years Old - £4.5 Million From AS Saint-Etienne:

250052496.jpg

When i stumbled across Mayi i was absolutely delighted as he met all the requirements i needed, being two years older than Niang was perfect for this challenge as it ment they should peak at different times which would be a massive advantage. Another advantage about the age difference is Mayi would only be thirty two after the twelve season limit had passed so if he hadn't broken one thousand yet he could possibly still have time to pick up the slack before declining while Niang would still have a few extra seasons in him. The other benefit Mayi brought to the table was the ability to play in a number of positions, including right and central attacking midfield, he'd be playing as the main striker for at least twelve seasons if things go to plan but it was nice to know that if Niang does indeed need to go solo that Mayi can still have a part to play.

All these things are nice but the biggest advantage about both these players is that they are both French, to people who aren't in the know this means i can potentially manage them at international level. This would be a massive boost to the challenge and would make things slightly easier, especially with the fact that the France job is usually available after the second season.

Federation_Francaise_de_Football-logo-BF928854AB-seeklogo.com.gif

When i set out picking the players my first concerns were, nationality, age and ability. I feel as if i picked the first two spot on with both players being French and both being about the right age, but we'll have to wait and see if they have the ability or not.

Picking The Starting Club:

With such high ambitions i knew picking the league and the starting club would be some challenge within it's self, i needed a league where my partnership could score around one hundred and forty goals a season while i also needed a club with the finances to be able to afford to bring these two players in. In the end there was only one predictable choice, and i ended up with the same starting place as i did with Leo and co......Santos Football Club in Brazil.

170px-Santos_FC_logo.svg.png

The extra twenty or so games which Brazil has compared to the European leagues was a massive boost and should give me a fighting chance of gaining completion. The Sao Paulo Sate Championships is also extremely easy which should be enough for my French duo to do the business. Another reason why i picked Brazil is the actual league is the hardest on the game in my honest opinion and I've always seemed to struggle, so it was a great chance for me to put this bugging problem to bed. I also knew i'd need a king of the assists to even have a chance at this goal so having Neymar was a massive bonus, as long as i could keep him tied to the club though.

Neymar2_AmbassadorSoccerex.png

The Set Up:

Manager Name: Ash Sale

Manager Nationality: French

Starting Club: Santos FC

Leagues Loaded: Brazil (all), Spain and France

Formation: 4-2-2-2 - Will be posted in the next updated

Chosen Strikers: Niang and Mayi

The Careers Aim: For Niang and Mayi to score one thousand goals each and to reach the top of the assist challenge.

The Updating Style: My normal style focusing on the club, strikers and wingers season.

When Will I update: As soon as the season is played you'll get an update

So there we have my latest challenge, am i mental for attempting this? Likely, but hey we all love a challenge right? I think I've bored you enough with this massive opening post so i'll leave it here for now but keep checking back since i'll be updating frequently.

Cheers for taking the time to read this and i really hope you enjoy this unique challenge, as always i'd love to hear your views, opinions or comments of good luck (which i need!) so please make sure you say what you have to say. Speak soon

:).

Good luck mate, you're mental not for attempting the challenge but to think you could fail- Go Niang and Mayi!!!

I'm sure you'll get there although I am wondering, how on earth do you plan on buying them at the start with Santos O.O

Good luck mate, you're mental not for attempting the challenge but to think you could fail- Go Niang and Mayi!!!

I'm sure you'll get there although I am wondering, how on earth do you plan on buying them at the start with Santos O.O

Time will tell! I have faith in the players and my ability so we'll see how things unfold :D

I've already signed them ;), Santos' adjusted budget is £8.25m so i only had to juggle a few players around to have the funds to bring them in, i was shocked Niang was interested in the move though.

and so it begins...good luck :D

Cheers mate and thanks for the comment Akupaein :D

Haha I REALLY need to get back into my Benzia save so I can finish my 2.5k challenge.

Good luck.

I also challenge you to beat my 220 goals in a season :P

Cheers Sam :)

Screw you Grave :P

That you do Aykyle but i'm keeping you busy, i'm pretty sure breaking 220 in this challenge will be impossible haha

Cheers for the comments lads, i'll try and post my first update shortly :), if you guys want it :P

Cheers Sam :)

Screw you Grave :P

That you do Aykyle but i'm keeping you busy, i'm pretty sure breaking 220 in this challenge will be impossible haha

Cheers for the comments lads, i'll try and post my first update shortly :), if you guys want it :P

:O

170px-Santos_FC_logo.svg.png

Season Review 1:

IMG_0394_zpsc3aefbfc.png

A fantastic start to the career!

CL Final:

IMG_0395_zps9ad8b728.png

Club World Championships:

IMG_0396_zpsbd0a8652.png

My boys dethrone the giant!

League:

IMG_0397_zps0dbcb993.png

Lost way too many games

:(

Sao Paulo State Championship:

League:

IMG_0398_zps7b2446f5.png

Final:

IMG_0399_zps61bf06e4.png

Manager Profile:

IMG_0405_zps0840e8f2.png

Needs a lot of work, i'm sure i'll turn things around

:D

The Deadly Trio:

Neymar:

Neymar2_AmbassadorSoccerex.png

Stats:

IMG_0400_zpsc05fdc73.png

Awesome

:D

Results:

IMG_0401_zps5a6ecfc6.png

A fantastic start to his assist challenge!

Kevin Mayi:

250052496.jpg

Stats:

IMG_0402_zpsc14be7eb.png

Such a beast!

Results:

IMG_0403_zpsb5bf9173.png

Slightly under his 80 goal a season target but as it stands it's not far enough away to worth worrying about, although improvements must be made!

M'Baye Niang

236px-M-baye-niang.jpg

Results:

IMG_0404_zps19c23e65.png

Again just under his 60 goal a season target but i'm not overly worried about the six missing goals. He's still young and has plenty of time to improve. I apologize for not having his stats screenshot.

Totals:

Kevin Mayi:

Played: 71

Scored: 71

M'Baye Niang:

Played: 74

Scored: 54

So the season has come to an end and both strikers failed to reach their targets but both got within touching distance, the missing goals is annoying but no reason for concern as yet. Now it's time to look on wards and up wards and try and improve in season two.

Cheers for following and as always i'd love to read your comments so please leave some, until next time.

Great Season- although I expected nothing less from you :P

Btw, have you noticed that Creativity tends to grow less when a player (non AI) is managing the player is or is that just me?

Also, Valencia won the Champions League???? (Actually quite shocking that they managed to win unless Soldado put in an amazing performance

@Kera - Cheers mate :D. I can't save i've noticed tbh while i was also shocked by Valencia :).

@ DC- Cheers, scoring in Brazil isn't all that hard tbh, especially in the SPSC.

I wont be able to update tonight sorry lads, but that is the reason i double updated last night.