Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Football Manager Handheld 2015 News (Update 6.3 out now)

Dec

Legal action is a step too far I agree. I'm still sure SI would be in a tricky place.

You can have some great fun with

Consumer Rights Act 2015

Specifically right to reject or product not as described.

Thanks for taking time out from working with SI Dec......

Why mention tactics? There are 101 reasons why someone might want to play the game version they paid for.

Unfortunately every patch does not make the game less buggy or more realistic. In some cases it makes things worse.

it's common sense to be on the latest patch before complaining about something that may have been fixed so I'm not too sure what you are getting at. SI would simply say to the person complaining 'Please update to the latest patch and then see if the bug is still there'. Not overly complicated is it?

At the end of the day Dec, you are hoping to gain permanent employment with SI so I don't expect you to do anything other than defend them but could you please give a logical answer to why we as customers can't revert back to the original game anytime we choose.

Why can't you revert? Simple answer is bugs. you will be getting bugs already fixed and if you report them then this is just a waste of time and resources. Plus in updates SI try to make the game stable so it wouldn't make much sense to be on an earlier version. While it is annoying tactics break if they have noticed a role being too overpowered or tweaked something it can have a knock down to a tactic. Though this is like real life, things change. Something that used to work may not do any more. The best thing to do is start with a new tactic and find what you want. This in my opinion extends game life as it makes it more of a challenge for longer and that you can't just find a super tactic and win easier.

Consumer rights? For what? The makers trying to patch their game and remove bugs? The product was described correctly, I think you will find that and the product does work. You just are upset your tactic broke. That is like saying you are going to sue Tesco as you got home and your chocolate bar had a break in if.

Why are you so hung up about tactics Dec? This is more about principles and rights.

You ask why does anyone want to play a game with bugs in. Does that mean 6.3 is bug free? No you can't say that and neither can SI. We all play our games differently and the bugs in 6.3 may destroy someone's enjoyment yet they are stuck with it, nothing can be done. It should be up to the customer what version of this bug ridden game they choose to play.

You are aware that patch 6.2 made the game unplayable on some devices. Those customers have been unable to play the game for months. If the had an option to revert back to the original game they could have carried on playing.

Consumers are covered by law that they can return a product even without reason (within a time period). Online purchases protect the customer even more due to the fact a product can not be seen first.

Ask around at SI towers and they will tell you they have had to refund customers who simply decided the game was not for them.

How does that impact us now given we have all owned the game longer than the cooling off period? When a product is changed from its original state it is basically a new product which in turn resets your consumer rights. So your cooling off period, a chance to decide if the product is for you or not would start from the day you have the modified product (latest patch).

So what can be done given the fact SI make it impossible to revert back. They would legally have to give you the original version or give you your money back.

Patches have been around since the early 00's possibly Championship Manager 00/01. You patched/updated your game. If you didn't like it or want it you simply reverted back to the original. That's right 'want'. As a customer it should be up to us to choose. SI have removed that basic choice. Has technology really gone backwards in the last 15 years.

Guys maybe stop arguing about the same point? After all I think you guys are arguing at the same side, just with slightly different points. I don't think it's neccesary m8.

From app store?

Yep. Mines set on auto update so I got it without my consent. Will play to see improvements. :)

Why are you so hung up about tactics Dec? This is more about principles and rights.

You ask why does anyone want to play a game with bugs in. Does that mean 6.3 is bug free? No you can't say that and neither can SI. We all play our games differently and the bugs in 6.3 may destroy someone's enjoyment yet they are stuck with it, nothing can be done. It should be up to the customer what version of this bug ridden game they choose to play.

You are aware that patch 6.2 made the game unplayable on some devices. Those customers have been unable to play the game for months. If the had an option to revert back to the original game they could have carried on playing.

Consumers are covered by law that they can return a product even without reason (within a time period). Online purchases protect the customer even more due to the fact a product can not be seen first.

Ask around at SI towers and they will tell you they have had to refund customers who simply decided the game was not for them.

How does that impact us now given we have all owned the game longer than the cooling off period? When a product is changed from its original state it is basically a new product which in turn resets your consumer rights. So your cooling off period, a chance to decide if the product is for you or not would start from the day you have the modified product (latest patch).

So what can be done given the fact SI make it impossible to revert back. They would legally have to give you the original version or give you your money back.

Patches have been around since the early 00's possibly Championship Manager 00/01. You patched/updated your game. If you didn't like it or want it you simply reverted back to the original. That's right 'want'. As a customer it should be up to us to choose. SI have removed that basic choice. Has technology really gone backwards in the last 15 years.

They refund people through Google Play and iTunes Store for reasons not because they don't like a product. Try having your phone six months then returning it, they won't do it. Why would this game be different? It wouldn't. Your points are ridiculously invalid. Just as there is a patch in which is covered by EULA so is law abiding it doesn't make it a new product at all.

I think you need to research the law a bit Dec. specifically your rights to return a product.

Your giving an opinion which I respect but the law doesn't agree with you.

SI have to follow that law like everyone else and they do have to refund people within the cooling off period.

Yes you could not return FMH after 6 months but as soon as the original product has been tampered with its a completely new ball game.

The simple fact is SI should give the customer the ability to update or return to original whenever we choose.

You have to agree with them given your personal career aspirations but I would bet if we put a poll up you would be in the minority.

Does that mean SI would listen? No of course they won't.

We won't agree on this matter so no point continuing the debate.

I think you need to research the law a bit Dec. specifically your rights to return a product.

Your giving an opinion which I respect but the law doesn't agree with you.

SI have to follow that law like everyone else and they do have to refund people within the cooling off period.

Yes you could not return FMH after 6 months but as soon as the original product has been tampered with its a completely new ball game.

The simple fact is SI should give the customer the ability to update or return to original whenever we choose.

You have to agree with them given your personal career aspirations but I would bet if we put a poll up you would be in the minority.

Does that mean SI would listen? No of course they won't.

We won't agree on this matter so no point continuing the debate.

You need to read the EULA you agreed to which prevents you from doing any of this. It states SI can change the product.

I dunno if it's in my head but the game feels a little slower compared to the previous update but I might just be trying to find something different lol. I've found striker are still incredibly held back while the opposition are free scoring magicians so the main issue has been ignored yet again.

I've also noticed that there is a delay in the score being added to the screen, I've scored then the match has continued then my goal scorer is added to the screen, it's only a second delay but it's really getting on my nerves. Has anyone else noticed this?

I dunno if it's in my head but the game feels a little slower compared to the previous update but I might just be trying to find something different lol. I've found striker are still incredibly held back while the opposition are free scoring magicians so the main issue has been ignored yet again.

I've also noticed that there is a delay in the score being added to the screen, I've scored then the match has continued then my goal scorer is added to the screen, it's only a second delay but it's really getting on my nerves. Has anyone else noticed this?

Is that on commentary only? I've noticed it, but it's not new to the new update though.

I really dont know if i should update :D 1k challenge and all.. Anybody noticed difference in tactics?

I've just asked the same question in the '6.3' thread. I definitely wont be updating until I know si haven't mucked around with tactics again.

Much slower for me with the original engine with commentary only and very fast.

It almost seems jerky now compared to the crazy speed of 6.2. Just running a Celtic test and a 13-0 win took forever to finish. The clock ticks down ok but it's the text which seems to slow everything down.

Yes it is a bit slower even on original it freezes my games sometimes and need to restart

Actually nvm can't get past the sega loading screen now..wow

I really dont know if i should update :D 1k challenge and all.. Anybody noticed difference in tactics?

1 striker formations are pretty terrible now

First impressions of the new update..

The speed of a match is now too slow.. from being too fast its now gone to too slow.. (Old engine)

The bug where players were sold outside of transfer windows has been removed thankfully but other than that noticed nothing different.