26 members have voted

1. 1. Vote By Leaving A Comment Please

• Vote By Leaving A Comment Please
    • Vote By Leaving A Comment Please

Ashez
Selling Them Slowly
Season Five
Part One

Some fast developments as we both update! Obviously with me going away i want to be able to get as much of this out the way as possible and thankfully MM agreed, although part of me does think he wants to get his bad half season lost within the comments. 

In my last poll you guys decided it was time for Alba to leave, to be honest i was rather happy with this decision but a big part of it did annoy me, here see this screenshot i held back from the last update.

oMfO7Kp.png

Alba is unsellable as he can't pass a medical! I spoke to MM when this happened to see what my options were, i said i think Alba is going either way while MM said to withhold the image. I'm not sure if anyone worked out he was suffering a big injury but Alba was the player who had to leave. If we fast forward to the start of the season Alba still had eight months left to recover so i was forced to place him in the reserves and to find a replacement from the free agents list. 

As you can imagine my options were limited in this window as it was mainly full of regens but i managed to make myself a three man shortlist consisting of Baines, D'Ambrosio and Radu. 

2ePAHPL.png

Baines had me extremely temped as i know he's a quality player who i've used countless times, my worry with the Englishman was we had two seasons left to play and i wasn't sure if i could trust him at that age. 

ktYUu0B.png

The youngest on my shortlist and an all round decent player, that however was the problem as i wasn't happy with how average his stats were, sure intensive training could sort some of them out but at that age it's a big risk.

This leaves us with the player i decided to take a gamble on

z86r7jW.png

Don't get me wrong he's far from brilliant but i liked the fact he can play across the line and his stats aren't too bad with many being close to green. 

A Nice Surprise

SHaXPhb.png

I'm going to keep that in the bank in case i have any issues in the coming seasons!

An Update Defined By Injuries

sTKaFl8.png

ic9mpFv.png

My old squad struggled a tad with injuries this season with many of them getting slight knocks, one person however was hit bad!

Ca-Bye

ZfdRgWL.png

DHjG61o.png

PFjUOqV.png

4l05eef.png

A blessing in disguise?

Half Season
Review

lcYInoR.png

A solid half season and an easy cup verse Elche but everything can happen in the coming months!

League

OZVJQ9Y.png

Extremely tight at the top as one goal separates us from Real Madrid!

Champions League

Jf5srHI.png

Our form in Europe was nothing short of sensational! Could this be our year? This form set us up against Chelsea in the next round IIRC

CDR

lqwzlC1.png

We have everything to play for in the second leg after a shocking performance at home, this could go either way!

Player Performances

WPOTY

JnoLdx5.png

I love this lad!

AvR

ZKKSQY2.png

Still going strong!

Assists

q6ZX0SD.png

A nice spread

Goals

2OqodAF.png

The front three continue to run the show

Appearances

6xolqh5.png

KqIYexk.png

How Did Radu Do?

Stats

kyuiN1U.png

Solid in the right areas

Results

IpazVkI.png

He had a really solid start and i thought i found the ideal replacement but it all started to go down hill after that! Thankfully we only need another season and a half out of him. 

The Remaining Players
To Vote On

1. Ter Stegen
2. Montoya
3.Bartra

Thank you for viewing and please remember to leave a comment and a vote within it!

Who's got the advantage at this point? 

Looking now you're having many of them injuries. Lower your training if need be. You're looking solid honestly. Nice to see quick updates. 

I'm still rooting for mm as I have from the start. 

It's Montoya coz I know he's **** and you won't get a good price. 

Seriously only 1.5 voters? (Sam I have no idea what you're trying to say lol). 

Edit: After bothering to think about it I understood Sam's comment :p. 

Edited by Ashez

Montoya, because it will be easy to find a cheap replacement for Ter Stegen. Goalies are the cheapest players in the game.

Ashez & MM96 Attempt to

i3pLZLK.png

A H2H Extravaganza

After an absolutely horrid start to the season could I turn it around at the Bernabeu?

Transfer Report

First things first folks, before I could work on improving our performances, I needed to get rid of Toni Kroos. Perhaps the most influential player in the squad throughout the last 4.5 seasons, he would be massively difficult to replace. Anywho, I had no choice but to ship him off to another club. So I decided to place him on the transfer market and offer him around for a miniscule 60 Million Euros. Small change for some of the clubs in world football. And so my first offer came in from Chelsea, a meager 40 Million Euros. I laughed at the offer and countered for 60 Million Euros, certain that they would pay it for Kroos.

laughing animated GIF

Me laughing at their offer ;)

However, shockingly they refused! :O I was not bothered though, I was sure that another club would come knocking. And so came Atletico Madrid offering just 30 Million Euros! I was appalled. I was determined to get at least what I lost from Chelsea, so I countered with a 40 Million demand. Again, I was very confident they would accept. Instead, once again, I they lost interest. :O

slap animated GIF

The Atletico manager rejecting my counter offer :(

By this time it was January 20th and I was beginning to get paranoid that I wouldn't be able to sell him at all because of my greed. So I decided to offer him on a free and take whatever offer I could get. The first offer that came through was from Barcelona for 20 Million Euros, half of the original offer from Chelsea. I accepted it though, I was just happy to get something for him in the end.

Kroos1_3201004.jpg?20140907114254

Toni licking his lips at the prospect of leaving my god forsaken team :(

Anyways, his sale was what it was and I needed to move on. I needed to find a replacement who could maybe power us to a comeback. I had two million to work with and very few options tbh. In the end I settled for a relative unknown in Levy Madinda from Bochum. He seem quite solid when I bought him but afterwards his stats declined for no reason and he refused to be put on IT! What a diva!

1573096_FULL-PRT.jpg

He doesn't look like much of a diva here, but I swear he is!

w5xnddf.jpg

His declined stats are pretty poor tbh :(

Starting XI

Madinda in for Kroos

aw17Jcd.jpg

Season 4 - Part 2: Start Livin' Life Again

Let's get to the main business now though, the actual season.

Spanish Cup

Final

Y1xIPgB.jpg

Sooooooooooooo close to a trophy. Frustrating :/

La Liga

m9EhuGN.jpg

Well we managed to drag ourselves to 3rd...but those draws! 13 of them! (7 of which were 0-0)...ughhhh :(

Champions' League

Semi-Final First Leg

3CmJNvh.jpg

Let the lead slip late. So frustrating :/

Quarterfinal Second Leg

5RKk6Kc.jpg

Sooooooooo close to the final. Sooooo close. All we needed was a goal dammit :/

Player Reports

Player of the Season

Once again, it turned out to be a horrendous season and tbh no one deserved a player of the season award at all. But I was obligated to pick one and it wasn't too hard to choose the best of the worst. Very few players put in performances worthy to be considered, so the candidates list was miniscule. One of these players was Borja Granero who scored 5 times and provided a further 8 assists from midfield contributing to a total of 13 goals. However, the player who takes the cake contributed a total of 14 goals, providing 13 assists along the way as well as being part of the 2nd best defence in the league behind Barcelona. The player was none other than, Dani Carvajal!

carvajal.jpg

Carvajal's depression at having to play for such a horrid team :(

Stats

bsZDevg.jpg

Performance

GogpRaf.jpg

Player Performances

Appearances

KLhotx3.jpg

Average Rating

4MAjelO.jpg

Goals

qdm6eCP.jpg

Assists

ijtmHeD.jpg

1 x Champions League = 150 Points

2 x Spanish Cup = 160 Points

2 x La Liga = 200 Points

3 x Spanish Super Cup = 60 Points

1 x European Super Cup = 25 Points

1 x Club World Championship = 30 Points

League Points = 421 Points

Goal Difference = 264 Points

Total =  1310 Points

I'll be brutally honest with you guys...I didn't admit defeat after the last update but I'm about to at this point. This was a horribly upsetting and frustrating season. So many important games when the team just didn't show up, such as the Spanish Cup final, Champions League return leg, and the 7 goalless draws in La Liga. Our defence cannot be held responsible, even with a poor Reina in goal they held their own. But up front we just couldn't score when we needed to most. It was gut wrenching to sit there and watch us blow chance after chance. Unless a miracle occurs at this point, the H2H can be chalked up to Ashez. Don't get me wrong, I'll be coming out with all my guns blazing in the last season, but that being said, this season was crushing both mentally and emotionally :(

Anyways, let me know what you guys thought of our season, about Levy Madinda and who should go next. Leave your vote in the comments, Varane or Carvajal? 

feels animated GIF

:(

That's a tough season with some unfortunate losses, hopefully you can get some silverware next season! My vote is for Varane.

Been behind on this whole I've been away Gutted I missed out on voting!

I'm going for Varane this time round losing Carvajal wouldnt be all that bad hence why you put up his screenshot to entice us into voting for him 

Muahahahahahha

Edited by UKFootballScore

Knocked it out the park this season MM! I've used that lad once before I think and he was decent. 

As for the vote it's hard to say, both weaken your defence but I'm going for the RB. I think a CB is generally easier to replace and I want the damage done in the first half :p

That's a tough season with some unfortunate losses, hopefully you can get some silverware next season! My vote is for Varane.

Cheers mate. I hope I can pick up something next season as well. 

Horrible season mate, hope a change next my vote is for Carvajal

Agreed XD

Tough season! :( I guess ashez won it :) I see Raul De Tomas is scoring here too ;)  Voting Carvajal

I think Ashez has it in the bag too :( 

He scores everywhere mate ;)

Been behind on this whole I've been away Gutted I missed out on voting!

I'm going for Varane this time round losing Carvajal wouldnt be all that bad hence why you put up his screenshot to entice us into voting for him 

Muahahahahahha

Yay! My plan worked, you voted Varane hehehe

Knocked it out the park this season MM! I've used that lad once before I think and he was decent. 

As for the vote it's hard to say, both weaken your defence but I'm going for the RB. I think a CB is generally easier to replace and I want the damage done in the first half :p

Woah rude! :P

Votes are currently 4 - Varane vs 3 - Carvajal...

Tough season MM96. 

Going to vote for Varane. Out of interest how is his injury record for you. Never used him as I've always thought he was an injury magnet. 

Tough season MM96. 

Going to vote for Varane. Out of interest how is his injury record for you. Never used him as I've always thought he was an injury magnet. 

Not the best. He's yet to play over 40 games for me in a season. His stamina is also not so great.