Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Ashez Plays The Caretaker Challenge

Ashez

There's nothing more to be said apart from WOW well done dude another amazing season (my favourite part being the 30+ goals you scored in the qualifying group of the ACON)

Look forward to seeing you further this amazing career 

3 hours ago, Taff said:

There's nothing more to be said apart from WOW well done dude another amazing season (my favourite part being the 30+ goals you scored in the qualifying group of the ACON)

Look forward to seeing you further this amazing career 

This might be the closest thing we have to Brazil now! Just felt so unbalanced and OP haha. Unless I just got a lucky group I guess, it's an area of the game I'd love to experience more but I hate ITN haha. 

11 hours ago, BantamHD said:

Really glad to see you took Bradford City to the Championship. :D

Great job with Barnsley and Nigeria too, you are making a mockery of it!! ;) 

Just luck of the draw but you're welcome ;) 

The lower leagues are easy, it's why i rarely venture down there. The challenge should improve shortly :) 

Just now, Ashez said:

This might be the closest thing we have to Brazil now! Just felt so unbalanced and OP haha. Unless I just got a lucky group I guess, it's an area of the game I'd love to experience more but I hate ITN haha. 

Yeah I've not done much INT work it seems like such a hassle and I have never gone without selecting a squad without the message (the surprise inclusion of so and so and the exclusion of so and so) 

I'm the manager and I'll pick the best team I can damn it

4 minutes ago, Taff said:

Yeah I've not done much INT work it seems like such a hassle and I have never gone without selecting a squad without the message (the surprise inclusion of so and so and the exclusion of so and so) 

I'm the manager and I'll pick the best team I can damn it

Annoying but that's the media's game as you know. Funnily enough I paid close attention to this during the current INT break and it happens everytime.. So and so not selected for Holland etc. I feel for the managers tho. Few years back they were asking why not more Dutch talents from the Eredivisie were given a chance and now, literally this week, they're asking why he values Eredivisie players over those playing elsewhere :S 

dara dara dara..wanderer.. wanderer.. dara dara dara..

That message is just a default one, it's always unhappy with an inclusion. Like how the board are always happy or pissed with a signing etc. Tbh I don't read the media but I suppose it does it's job, I have a few suggestion ideas however, like I wish you could use the media to put pressure on a manager. Say like this save and someone is under pressure at a club I want, I wish I could say so in the media and potentially force the owners hand if they know I'm interested etc. 

ITN wise it's just so poorly implemented it's annoying. Squad selection is a complete ball ache, it's so time consuming and just meh. I never edit squads for this reason.

I wish we had scouts who would watch the players and give us reports on who we should call up etc, how are we meant to know about these players if we aren't at their club? Why do we have no ITN training? Do they just turn up and play? (ITN does improve CA however). Surely a physio at ITN level would be vital during a tournament to get players fit etc?

8 minutes ago, Taff said:

This game does make you feel for managers a bit more no matter what they (or you do) you're never going to please everyone

I've said it before but I do think the media can be too unforgiving/negative. I know it is in real life but every report is how much you suck. "So and so was battered today", "why'd you sign him", "you called him up?" And so on, it's just an extremely negative system. Even if you win it's usually something like "so and so was lucky today" or whatever. 

I think the media just generates negative feelings and you rarely feel reward for your efforts outside of title wins etc. Like default message on every time I've resigned is due to the pressure I was under. Always negative and undermining instead of positive and encouraging. Same goes with coach reports and stuff, it always focuses on the negative and rarely tells you when you're doing something right etc. 

Maybe that's just my views but I can imagine it can be a factor for people stopping playing if they struggle with the game as it's constantly mocking them and creating an negative atmosphere. What you guys think?

I think it just mirrors real life, no one wants to see someone succeed all the time, but you're right that there is WAY more emphasis on the negative than the positive, but then I think to myself "Am I enjoying this save or not" never worry about the media, coaches etc

You're the only one who matters so go and enjoy  

43 minutes ago, Taff said:

I think it just mirrors real life, no one wants to see someone succeed all the time, but you're right that there is WAY more emphasis on the negative than the positive, but then I think to myself "Am I enjoying this save or not" never worry about the media, coaches etc

You're the only one who matters so go and enjoy  

I do agree, I just think it's not surprising newer players struggle with the game. I hardly ever read the media/coaches pages, as I like to skip through them ASAP.

I do think these pages, the lack of information, the negative approach and everything like that would wear down a new player who isn't experienced enough to know they should basically ignore everything the game tells you though. Especially if things aren't going well, instead of helping you or offering advice the game almost mocks you haha. When that's combined with the lack of information the game actually gives you on how to do well and with what actually works in the game it's no surprise people stop playing it or come here frustrated looking for help. Just look at how many new members come here trusting scouts and coaches, it's awful when you think about how the game is intentionally misleading people. 

People say use real life knowledge to make formations or what not which is nonsense as the game does what it wants. Real life knowledge is useful but when things like BWMs don't work and ISF's are broken how is an "uneducated" player meant to get good at the game? FMM is like a rogue like where you just have to constantly play it until you stumble on something that works. Or someone tells you how to beat it. 

I know this game very well and it baffles me at times but I'm stupid enough to invest time into trying to work things out, the average joe won't, especially when most issues are of SI's design. Maybe if the game was a tad more encouraging people would stick at it, on a unconscious (?) level the media has to impact us and how we play to some degree? Like if you listened to coach reports you'd constantly be tinkering with your tactic thus hindering yourself etc. I know when I've had a bad run or got frustrated with the game reading the negative headlines can be irritating lol. Not as bad as the cringe inducing "ding-dong battle" though, err that makes my skin crawl lol. 

Sometimes I'd love to come into FMM fresh and see how I took to it, FMH was a decade ago so I don't really remember those times but FMM has grown so much since then I wonder if I'd be able to get into it or not. With everything I know I don't feel the game is beginner friendly at all or encouraging. 

Okay I'm rambling :P 

Ramble On dude, but lucky for us there are people like you, @BatiGoal, @PriZe and others who are more than willing to use their experience to help the newcomer, and I do mean help, not just show them a tactic and say use this but push them to try something new, change a few things and so on

I've only been here 2 years but you guys were all there for advice when I was starting out getting tactics to work, figuring out how best to search for players and get challenges going.

The game can be incredibly frustrating at the best of times and I myself have struggled much more this year getting tactics to work consistently, but then football isn't consistent and the tactic that worked in your last game won't work every game after, the game forces you to learn and adapt (even if the game feels rigged sometimes)

But the Vibe forum is here for those times where you need advice, engorgement or a kick in the ass and with guys like you who have put so many hours into the game you're never far from someone willing to help and thats what this community (and the more I use it the more I'm convinced that's what it is a community) is all about 

29 minutes ago, Taff said:

Ramble On dude, but lucky for us there are people like you, @BatiGoal, @PriZe and others who are more than willing to use their experience to help the newcomer, and I do mean help, not just show them a tactic and say use this but push them to try something new, change a few things and so on

I've only been here 2 years but you guys were all there for advice when I was starting out getting tactics to work, figuring out how best to search for players and get challenges going.

The game can be incredibly frustrating at the best of times and I myself have struggled much more this year getting tactics to work consistently, but then football isn't consistent and the tactic that worked in your last game won't work every game after, the game forces you to learn and adapt (even if the game feels rigged sometimes)

But the Vibe forum is here for those times where you need advice, engorgement or a kick in the ass and with guys like you who have put so many hours into the game you're never far from someone willing to help and thats what this community (and the more I use it the more I'm convinced that's what it is a community) is all about 

There are many reasons why I don't post tactics anymore but that is a key one tbf. People say they don't want click and win but the tactics forum here is massive and with that comes people not trying themselves or learning why what they're using works etc. I genuinely find the EME stupidly easy, anytime I've played it I've created a new formation and walked the game. Look at the Inception save, we had a concept and in a week or so we had a formation that destroys the game and does what we want it to, tbh we had 2-3 formations that could have done it, all completely different with their own tricks and quirks to making them work. The main reason I don't talk tactics much ATM, especially on the EME is because it would just be pointing out the games flaws, how to abuse them or whatever else which isn't how tactics should be made and to do it this way takes a lot of understanding. The older members all know I'm willing to talk tactics but I just do it in private haha, in fact talking tactics is my favourite part of the game, I really do love it. When I get a massive idea or someone asks me for help/advice on one is when i geek out the most haha. I love nothing more than building formations for wacky reasons and really pushing the game. It's no shock my love for the game has returned alongside members like Sam, Prize and Bati returning to the game. Then you have people like yourself/Taff, Scratch, Dannovic and many more who are the face of the modern careers community who are keeping it active and posting exciting and unique careers. The careers community is once again a great place to be and I really hope this continues, this is the reason I'm still here and playing, the rebirth of the forum has really inspired me to play the game. I just hope it continues and due to that all I can ask is that all you viewers out there spend the 30 seconds it takes to leave a comment and support the content creators you enjoy, it's the best motivation we can ask for :). 

3 hours ago, Ashez said:

I do agree, I just think it's not surprising newer players struggle with the game. I hardly ever read the media/coaches pages, as I like to skip through them ASAP.

Same here, media, coaches, ass.managers reports, game odds/predictions, it's a nice touch but I choose to pay attention to none of it. If like you say we have options here to influence the game in any way then I'll take it more seriously but for now no thanks.

3 hours ago, Ashez said:

People say use real life knowledge to make formations or what not which is nonsense as the game does what it wants. Real life knowledge is useful but when things like BWMs don't work and ISF's are broken how is an "uneducated" player meant to get good at the game? FMM is like a rogue like where you just have to constantly play it until you stumble on something that works. Or someone tells you how to beat it. 

I like using real life knowledge to make formations but does it work..nahh not really :) but it's my starting point because it makes sense. But after a while I end up with something like a 2-2-1-5 lol it's what I've said a couple of times here that everytime there's an update or upgrade to a new version etc etc we need to re-analyze and find out how the game and its engines interpret the roles regardless if it actually makes sense to us. We need to interpret the roles as they're programmed/written into the game in order to understand how they work and why certain formations are or aren't working. If the match engines were realistic well then we wouldn't need to sorta "guess" its interpretation and just implement our real life knowledge into this game.

Sometimes it's frustrating to see so-called logical formations fail and "terrible" ones prevail but I've learned not to let it ruin my experience, which isn't easy at times, but I just take it for what it is and enjoy sharing the time, careers, experiences and what not with the great people here. I do love the game a lot but if it wasn't for this community I wouldn't enjoy the game as much as I do right now.

3 hours ago, Taff said:

I lost interest due to time constraints and real life issues but the Vibers here pulled me back late last year. And I couldn't be happier ;)

2 hours ago, Ashez said:

It's no shock my love for the game has returned alongside members like Sam, Prize and Bati returning to the game. Then you have people like yourself/Taff, Scratch, Dannovic and many more who are the face of the modern careers community who are keeping it active and posting exciting and unique careers. The careers community is once again a great place to be and I really hope this continues, this is the reason I'm still here and playing, the rebirth of the forum has really inspired me to play the game. I just hope it continues and due to that all I can ask is that all you viewers out there spend the 30 seconds it takes to leave a comment and support the content creators you enjoy, it's the best motivation we can ask for :). 

Very true, mate. Unlike previous versions we're almost in April and I'm still very much excited about playing careers and taking on new challenges to share with everyone here. My hunger is still there as if the game was released yesterday and that's all thanks to the wonderful response and activity in this forum. There's so many more careers, new challenges and interactive games I'd like to post I just don't have the time for all of that. It's btw one of the reasons I decided to leave my mod/writer position and spend less time on articles and more on career posts.

Where am I? Have honestly no clue whose thread this is or what the OP says..-scrolling up- ..ahh got it, massively off topic at the moment..apologies @Ashez how's the wandering going? :D

Couldn't agree more Bati, it's just confusing fluff most the time that tries to cover up how poor the engine is. 

The issue with the game being new each update is it's never settled. I can't update ATM as I'm mid career all because the game they originally released was a mess. I'm sure this engine is still a mess and this situation will happen again, even if the wait is until 2018. It's a lack of respect for our time, it really pisses me off. I know we're unique cases but spending hours/days/weeks making a formation work only for an update to come out and break it and having to do it all again sucks, especially as the process is so random! And now this situation happens multiple times a year, it's just annoying. I want to use the new databases a lot but I can't risk updating. To me the game isn't truly settled until the last update that year, that's when the game is worth sinking into. Issue then is the game is almost dead and so on. I know these changes are needed and I ask for them more than most but it's so annoying haha. I just keep thinking just imagine how much we could all achieve if we had a steady engine for one full year of the game! Obviously engine needs to be good for that to happen but damn that would be fun and cut out so much crap. 

Current cycle - 

1. Game releases - Can't start a big save as guaranteed to be buggy. 

2. Months later some bugs are ironed out 

3. Patches 

4. Database update - changes everything - this one says no database edits in list but people saying things have changed! Nice! 

5. Patches 

6 Games stable as they've stopped supporting it 

All I want is a solid engine at launch and one they're happy with. How can a three year old engine still be this bad and constantly be changing? We need a new engine IMO, it's that simple but a new engine brings years of issues with it like EME has. This one has massive flaws and it's not what it's billed as at all, look how much it's changed between 2016 and 2017, just shows they're trying things but not really getting anywhere. When we get a new engine I really hope it is more in depth than the EME, tbh the EME is such a slight upgrade to the OME regarding features. As a game 2017 made greats leaps for the series but engine wise the game is as bad as ever IMO. 

@BatiGoal Think we should change the lyrics to "I'm a rambler" Haha. We've well and truly derailed the thread haha! Tbh i don't mind at all as at least we can talk freely hiding in the careers forums :P

I'll get this back on track with S4 shortly :) 

12 hours ago, Ashez said:

All I want is a solid engine at launch and one they're happy with. How can a three year old engine still be this bad and constantly be changing? We need a new engine IMO, it's that simple but a new engine brings years of issues with it like EME has. This one has massive flaws and it's not what it's billed as at all, look how much it's changed between 2016 and 2017, just shows they're trying things but not really getting anywhere.

Not trying to sound too pessimistic here either but I honestly doubt we're ever going to have a much better engine than the current ones. I think it is possible tho to get a near perfect engine but there's been very little improvement over the years, which means they choose to spend their time on side features such as loans, leagues, media, player interaction etc etc. The engine and anything directly related to it, formations, tactics, player roles, will most likely remain the same unless they come to realize that it's in the long run worth spending money and manpower on these. If FMM keeps hitting bigger sales numbers perhaps they will revamp their game/engine some day. Maybe a little optimistic afterall :)

Umm, well there is a lot to digest in the conversation above!

I don't have much time this week, so I'll walk right past most of it (though it was a great conversation) and just say that although the media (and fans) can be pretty harsh on international managers for their choice of player in real life, the balance in the game isn't right. Some of the criticisms are stupid! But I probably shouldn't suggest they fix it, as we want the engine improved instead!  

Oh, and fantastic stuff @Ashez , you are really killing it in the career part of this thread! :) 

2 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Not trying to sound too pessimistic here either but I honestly doubt we're ever going to have a much better engine than the current ones. I think it is possible tho to get a near perfect engine but there's been very little improvement over the years, which means they choose to spend their time on side features such as loans, leagues, media, player interaction etc etc. The engine and anything directly related to it, formations, tactics, player roles, will most likely remain the same unless they come to realize that it's in the long run worth spending money and manpower on these. If FMM keeps hitting bigger sales numbers perhaps they will revamp their game/engine some day. Maybe a little optimistic afterall :)

Depressingly that's likely true, especially as the engine has so many people fooled you hardly hear about it. Don't get me wrong I'm so happy the site isn't a negative place anymore but I am surprised so little is said about the engine and it's flaws. More people seem to defend it than question it, the excuses for it are hillarious at times. I think 2018 will be really interesting for the series, after such big steps with 2017 it'll be interesting to see what the focus of 2018 is :). 

1 hour ago, scratch99 said:

Umm, well there is a lot to digest in the conversation above!

I don't have much time this week, so I'll walk right past most of it (though it was a great conversation) and just say that although the media (and fans) can be pretty harsh on international managers for their choice of player in real life, the balance in the game isn't right. Some of the criticisms are stupid! But I probably shouldn't suggest they fix it, as we want the engine improved instead!  

Oh, and fantastic stuff @Ashez , you are really killing it in the career part of this thread! :) 

Wise decision haha. 

Glad you're enjoying it :). 

Update will hopefully be tomorrow :D 

Ashez Plays The Caretaker Challenge
Season Four

I said i'd hopefully be posting today and here i am delivering on that promise! In season three we managed to maintain our title winning streak while also claiming our first massive title as we went on to win the African Cup Of Nations with Nigeria, after such an amazing season surely we'll be getting some top jobs now! 

The Job Centre

Spoiler

The job opportunities were slim as the season started and we soon left September and entered October looking for a position for us to take. 

Available Jobs In Early October

C5HPPhw.png

Hmm, yeah i think i'll hold off a little longer. 

Available Jobs In Late October

WXxztFs.png

Still nothing of real interest, i debated the Shrewsbury job for a while but i know i need to start progressing up the leagues to reach my end goal. 

A Spanish Opportunity?

bqQCd5U.png

Linked to a top division job! We're going places! I applied but got no response unfortunately. 

We're already in mid November! 

Finally An Offer

nDcIlni.png

I've always had a soft spot for Leeds due to family so this appealed, let's take a closer look. 

Leed's Current Position

OwrKf46.png

Mid table and not too far off the playoffs, hmmm. What should we do?

My Decision

It was a tough one and i was going to accept but i noticed a better opportunity present it's self! 

Another Offer

YdAPfTR.png

I didn't want to throw away my title streak so carelessly and the game rewarded me with a better opportunity to extend it right here!

I'll Be The Caretaker Manager Of

Qps2sWN.png

Let's try and keep our streak alive! A time for risks will come but while this streak is on going let's keep playing smart!

The Starting Point

Spoiler

Expectations

AX9rqGc.png

Reasonable. 

League Position

jb7p4Lz.png

Three points off top, this should be easy.......

Start Until January First

Spoiler

Our First Match

9xvhf1l.png

Oh, erm okay

Our Second Match

L2XwDVM.png

Oh know! What have i got myself into!

A Blast From The Past

7v5lSjW.png

Who here remembers Castillo? I did an 1kc with him a few years ago, one of my favourite saves as it goes. It was a double trouble with Eldin, Eldin scored around  200 while Castillo got the 1k haha. 

A Win At Last!

LWn8QK8.png

Let's end the year strong!

December Results

7qMmTE6.png

Not too bad but still a little disappointed. 

Table On January First

IDXS7PV.png

We've lost some ground but it's all still to play for. 

Transfers

Spoiler

kG0T5rJ.png

The AI had been busy and built a decent squad to be fair! I added Stewart, Meredith, Ball and i think Keane to the party. Maybe more but none of the high ticket signings were mine, i tend to overbuy in these situations just incase the one i picked isn't good enough etc so it's always possible i signed someone and never ended up using them so i don't remember them etc haha. 

PQcL3ey.png

I loved Perez at Benfica so i decided to try him while the two loans were musts! 

January Second Until End Of Season

Table On February First

Spoiler

4PLJRmH.png

Starting to cut that lead down again. 

FA Cup

tNjhVVC.png

Three Games Later

zlloTyM.png

We're top baby!

Then We Bottle It

dPGwNPv.png

Extremely frustrating!

Yet We Bounce Back 

RvmhQGZ.png

Seven heaven lads!

We've Lost Top Spot

4i3vHhM.png

The Remaining Fixtures

e0a7rnm.png

Some intense ties to come! 

Table On April Second

h2sZkgF.png

We have some breathing space

A Former Friend Comes To Visit

S6c5Dd2.png

Playoffs Secured

tA4GeUh.png

We Beat The Tigers!

lNZ5VPu.png

Possibly the biggest club result of this career so far! 

Derby Stop Us In Our Tracks

IUTZXaI.png

Ererrr!!

Table After 41 Games

Adj4Nfu.png

It's down to three points!

We're Screwing This Up!

FsmoLn8.png

What are you doing ffs!

Saving The Goals For A Blow Off

ojjrMdf.png

So the game holds us back for two matches then we just explode? This fake drama the game trying to make? So frustrating!

Promotion Secured

xwcMNTE.png

But what about the title?

Leeds Get Revenge For My Snub!!

iiw58OR.png

You couldn't make it up, great story telling. A last minute kick in the teeth!

The League Table After

UMv2tY4.png

Somehow still five points clear with how many left to play?

VbVQD9z.png

Leeds may have beat us but Hull failed to take advantage as we claim the title with one match to spare!

Goodbye West Brom

AaJoLqp.png

A decent final outing. 

Season Review

jm8EzVY.png

What a wild ride this season turned out to be! I thought it would be fairly straightforward but the season had so many ups and downs it was hard to keep track of! At one point i thought the title was mine, then it was gone, then it was mine again, it was just mental! 

Final League Table

5RxMi1X.png

So we've won four titles back to back now, i wonder how long we can keep this streak going! 

Player Performances

Spoiler

Awards

5iRhaMG.png
j9x4xWw.png

Goals

w2x1Ozw.png

This was our main issue this year, we just lacked a real consistent striker. Castillo did well but we he needed some help up there. 

Assists

tDsZxme.png

AvR

JGrmD5g.png

Most Important Player/s

Spoiler

Castillo is the easy option as he was a massive reason behind our title win but i'm going to give to a January signing instead.

Kev Stewart
Stats

YvuMUju.png

Results

fUaUc72.png

The turning point of the season was when Stewart joined and added balance to our midfield, Yacob wasn't up to the job unfortunately but Stewart really was a key member of the squad. He's since become one of my go to midfielders in the lesser leagues. 

Manager Information

Spoiler

KuAt38O.png

Trophy Cabinet

3Ma4sv8.png

Going well in my opinion. 

Time To Get Out Of England?

Spoiler

MZk4SP9.png

Either way my time at West Brom has came to an end. 

I've Packed My Baggies

YPREMkI.png

I wonder where season five will take us? We've started to build a name for ourselves so hopefully the big time is just around the corner! What do you guys want to happen?

As always thank you for following and please remember to leave a comment :D 

1 hour ago, mcandrew003 said:

Fantastic mate! I think ( or hope anyway!) that you will go abroad and make a name for yourself ! Good luck!

Well we're starting to be linked to Spanish jobs so I'd say that is a possibility :).

1 hour ago, Granit Xhaxa said:

Wow! What a season that was! Thats three back-to-back seasons that you've got now. Good luck on the next season.

It was intense that's for sure! The game really made me work for this title after I thought it would be the easiest haha. We just kept messing up and not making a commanding lead. 

The next season has some interesting developments that's for sure! 

Just read this right through mate and got to say that is 4 brilliant seasons, loving the different club each year aspect as it throws a new challenge at you every year which at the minute you are killing it. Keep up the good work looking forward to seeing how long you can keep this title winning run going.

1 hour ago, Real_Random said:

Great job mate, unlucky with EPL revenue going down as winning that league is now harder. KIU

Just typical to happen as I get close to it haha. 

54 minutes ago, Mikee1984 said:

Just read this right through mate and got to say that is 4 brilliant seasons, loving the different club each year aspect as it throws a new challenge at you every year which at the minute you are killing it. Keep up the good work looking forward to seeing how long you can keep this title winning run going.

Thanks for taking the time to do that, I'm glad you enjoyed it :D. 

I'm not gunna lie I didn't expect the streak to be a thing but now I've built it up I want to hold onto it! The downside to that is it's meant I've been a tad picky when taking jobs. 

Thanks for the comments :) 

dara dara dara.. :)

Fantastic stuff once again! I kinda hope you get a job in Segunda Division or Serie B. Love these two lower leagues in Spain and Italy where you get to meet all those teams that are just missing that little bit of quality to stay up and compete in the top league. Really enjoyable games there so maybe that's an option.

Goodluck!

29 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

dara dara dara.. :)

Fantastic stuff once again! I kinda hope you get a job in Segunda Division or Serie B. Love these two lower leagues in Spain and Italy where you get to meet all those teams that are just missing that little bit of quality to stay up and compete in the top league. Really enjoyable games there so maybe that's an option.

Goodluck!

I'd also love that but unfortunately it's not possible as I've clearly loaded England all so I don't have access to other lower divisions :P  

Wow, Ash. That's a heck of a tear to start off on. As you said, last season, this is where the difficulty ratchets up. Looking forward to seeing how you jump into top flight football, especially trying to do so partway into the season. 

Thanks for taking on this challenge, by the way. Hope it's been as fun playing as it has been to read!  I guess it will depend on what jobs are offered, but where do you want to go next? Polish off the English part of the career now after your incredible run by lifting the PL trophy, or save it for later to return home the conquering hero?

Can't wait to see the next update. Will be following eagerly! :)

2 hours ago, BleedsBlue said:

Wow, Ash. That's a heck of a tear to start off on. As you said, last season, this is where the difficulty ratchets up. Looking forward to seeing how you jump into top flight football, especially trying to do so partway into the season. 

Thanks for taking on this challenge, by the way. Hope it's been as fun playing as it has been to read!  I guess it will depend on what jobs are offered, but where do you want to go next? Polish off the English part of the career now after your incredible run by lifting the PL trophy, or save it for later to return home the conquering hero?

Can't wait to see the next update. Will be following eagerly! :)

Oh don't worry the manic seasons come thick and fast now haha. Regarding the other comments you've posted tonight @BleedsBlue and how my last two years with the series have gone this type of save has reignited my love of the series. I'm not sure it'll last as I'm forcing myself to play in ways I wouldn't usually play like this career so maybe that's an option you can mess with. Try and do something fresh to you, like I haven't done a lower league save since the PSP/2013 I think and I can't remember the last time I moved clubs haha. I wasn't fussed on 2017 at release if I'm honest but the H2H with Sam just made the game fun again, which led to stupid saves like the Hulk Hogan one. However playing the game did lead to me turning back to my usual style with the Inception save, if that save hadn't have turned out so well I likely would have hit that familiar brick wall but that save taking off motivated me to keep playing which leaves us with this save. 

Following on from that it has been a very fun save to play, the fact it's always fresh has been really cool. It's also really quick to get through a season, especially if it takes a while to get a job. 

I started the save with no plans tbh, I just had my eye on winning the CL if possible. Around S3 the streak started really appealing though and started impacting my views. Like I possibly could have gone to Scotland this season so to a top division sooner but as I didn't fancy the club's position or whatever I held off etc. If/when the streak ends I'll likely be less fussy with where I go and just look to experience what the save has to offer, the possibilities are endless. 

That's what I like to hear :). Not sure when the next update will be as yet, all I can say is it'll be ASAP :). 

46 minutes ago, Gonzolito said:

Wow as usual you're nailing it. Every post from you is a whole journey in this challenge, i'm eager to read the next one !

It's like a separate career every update haha. Appreciate the good times while they're here ;) 

Thanks for the comment mate :). Really pleased yet surprised by the support this career is getting :D. Should have played it years ago haha.