Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Top Football Manager Cup

49 minutes ago, Jens said:

Is there some sort of failsafe built in for the manager's incompetence?

First loss.. referee was positioned in a bad angle.

Second loss.. 4th official wasn't paying attention.

Third loss.. goal-line technology was off.

Fourth loss.. grass wass too tall to play on.

So how do we enable that failsafe again? :D

Top Football Manager Cup 2017

- Round Two: The Results -

Player A - Dominguez

Spoiler

Dominguez after half a season. Some attribute ups and proof he actually played.

DominguezProfile.png

He played 20 games and scored 1 goal. Has no bearing on the outcome tho.

DominguezHistory.png

The results

DominguezResults.png

20 Games: 15W - 2D - 3L (47pts)

Goals scored: 49, Goals Conceded: 16

Goal Difference +33

Player B - Strandberg

Spoiler

Strandberg after half a season, and also proof he featured in all matches.

StrandbergProfile.png

He played 21 games (a second Cup game has been removed from the fixture list as same opponents only rule)

StrandbergHistory.png

The results

StrandbergResults.png

20 games: 13W - 6D - 1L (45pts)

Goals scored: 31, Goals conceded: 10

Goal Difference +21

Conclusion

Spoiler

It's 16gls conceded for Player A Dominguez vs 10gls conceded for Player B Strandberg. So it's a win for the Sunjic Strandberg partnership.

Interesting tho that Dominguez scored more league points and a better GD too. The team with a Sunjic Strandberg duo at the back tho was clearly the tougher team to beat having lost just 1 game vs 3 for Dominguez. Also a lot less conceded. A margin of 6gls less conceded is a pretty significant amount I think and that was what this round was all about. I think 'Pace' would particularly be effective if we'd be playing a high line with offside trap. But since we weren't it was aerial and strength that nicked the win for the Player B pickers. I do feel for the A pickers as Dominguez "got" 15 wins for his team but just wasn't solid enough and was especially a liability vs Hamburg St. Paulie and Kaiserslautern. Strandberg's consistency made for a much more solid backline despite the attack not doing their part.

It's the end for the 'A' team. Thanks for joining guys but your Cup run ends here. 'B' team, congrats and see all 6 of you in Round 3.

Congrats to the winners and see you soon in Round 3. Losers, thanks for playing and see you next time.

Got to be honest I feel cheated here, better average rating, higher league position, better goal difference and yet it's all over....

14 minutes ago, Mikee1984 said:

Got to be honest I feel cheated here, better average rating, higher league position, better goal difference and yet it's all over....

I totally understand you, let me give you something of my Winners-champagne mate ??

19 minutes ago, Mikee1984 said:

Dominguez's team had a better frontline over 20 games.

Strandberg's team had a better backline over 20 games.

It could be a case of an underperforming frontline but then you could counter that argument with an overperforming Strandberg backline. The way I see it is that Dominguez did little to add to his attack and certainly is responsible for 'allowing' 3 losses. Strandberg isn't to blame for his frontline not producing and did very well helping to keep goals out. So Dominguez didn't quite do his part and Strandberg very much did. Every save is different due to the random factor etc but I think it's a clear winner nonetheless. Sorry mate.

1 hour ago, AndersJ said:

I totally understand you, let me give you something of my Winners-champagne mate ??

Haha I'll have some of that my friend, good luck with the rest of the journey mate.

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

Dominguez's team had a better frontline over 20 games.

Strandberg's team had a better backline over 20 games.

It could be a case of an underperforming frontline but then you could counter that argument with an overperforming Strandberg backline. The way I see it is that Dominguez did little to add to his attack and certainly is responsible for 'allowing' 3 losses. Strandberg isn't to blame for his frontline not producing and did very well helping to keep goals out. So Dominguez didn't quite do his part and Strandberg very much did. Every save is different due to the random factor etc but I think it's a clear winner nonetheless. Sorry mate.

I totally agree @BatiGoal the man strandberg was a rock there mate. Loved this tournament congrats mate was a pleasure, waiting for the next one can't wait ?.

12 minutes ago, Mikee1984 said:

Haha I'll have some of that my friend, good luck with the rest of the journey mate.

Gracias, i have a robot to lurk @Taff answers - thats why im still in the game ?

That's an insane variance on offense.  18 goals more over 20 games with the same line-up.  Glad that defense held up for us, Option B'ers.

2 hours ago, Taff said:

Get in finally beat @Real_Random at something this year

nit really a H2H but I'll take the win nonetheless 

cheers BG your check is in the mail

Congratulations Taff, lets see how far you can go

8 hours ago, Real_Random said:

Congratulations Taff, lets see how far you can go

Oh that's me done now I'm happy to get through 2 rounds :D 

dont want to be greedy 

3 minutes ago, Taff said:

Oh that's me done now I'm happy to get through 2 rounds :D 

dont want to be greedy 

The whole community knows (and accepts) your "leaderboard obsession", mate :laugh:

Been a bit busy this weekend but just thought I'd pop my head in and say that I must have made a typo when I PMed you Bati! ;) There's no way I'd have gone for option A... >.>

Thanks for the enjoyable event you're running. I hope you're going to use Ronaldinho for #10! :D 

1 hour ago, Idol said:

Thanks for the enjoyable event you're running. I hope you're going to use Ronaldinho for #10! :D 

Glad you enjoyed it. Ronaldinho? Could be :)

Top Football Manager Cup 2017

- Round Three -

TFMcupR3mtf.png

Welcome to Round 3 of the TFM Cup. Congrats to AndersJ, Jens, KennyMiller27, Taff, Thepremiermanager and Veerus for making it this far. With only 6 contestants left things are becoming more serious, more intense and more exciting for the viewers. I'm certainly enjoying the pleasure and pain thus far :) Let's put our third dilemma on the table..

We're on a mission to get 1000 goals. This challenge is one of the most popular ones on Vibe and certainly one of the toughest to achieve too. A few details you might want to know..

• Club: Olympique Lyonnais
  • League: Ligue 1
  • 1KC player: Alexandre Lacazette
  • Formation: 4-4-1-1

The dilemma is who's going to be our provider to Lacazette? Due to various reasons we were down to only two APs. See below:

Player A: Erik Falkenburg

TFMcupR3playerBb.png

Player B: Carlos Vela

TFMcupR3playerA.png

Now let's go through a couple of important matters. We need Lacazette to score goals. Lots of goals. Advanced Playmakers are the unsung heroes of 1000 goal challenges. We don't want them to score and we don't want them to shine..well at least not at the expense of our main striker. So we need to pick the player best suited to play in favor of Lacazette, the best worker, the best provider and certainly the most consistent one.

Reminder: APs prim. attr. Passing-Creativity-Decisions-Movement and sec. attr. Technique-Teamwork

• Player A - Falkenburg, has an incredible 14 on all attributes. He's 29yo. 29 brings experience and consistency. Remember..Strandberg brought consistency as well which won him the previous "dilemma". Also, Falkenburg is natural in AMC which means he's playing in his favorite spot. In all a very all-round Advanced Playmaker.

• Player B - Vela, has lots of green. Good greens too except in Decisions and Teamwork. Decisions is no problem as he equals Falkenburg's number but Teamwork is way down. That could be a worry since we need assists from our AP and not a player going for own success, but could his great greens make up for a lacking Teamwork? Also, he favors playing on the right flank but could do a decent job behind the striker.

Hmm.. the choice is yours to make. I've done my bit of analysis. Now it's your turn. A few other details for you in case you need it.

Alexandre Lacazette

Spoiler

TFMcupR3Laca.png

Fixture List

Spoiler

TFMcupR3fixthgures.png

Both Players are going to play as Primary Outlet. Which AP is going to provide Lacazette the most assists? We will count ALL assists in the first 23 games of the season. That's the first half of Lyon's season, see Fixture List above.

Remember the rules..

• All games will be played by me -BatiGoal- and NOT simulated.
  • All games will be played on EME with the latest update in place.
  • PM me -BatiGoal- your choice (A or B) once the round has started.
  • Do NOT reveal your pick to anyone before the round has closed.
  • Winners qualify for the next round. Losers are out.
  • If a round has 0 winners a new round shall be played with those same players.
  • The last remaining player wins the TOP FOOTBALL MANAGER CUP.

A or B

If you have any questions or need any additional info, pls let me know (there's no guarantee you'll get it but you can try) :)

GOODLUCK!

Deadline Thursday 25th May 6pm UK time

8 minutes ago, mcandrew003 said:

Another quality dilemma mate, if only I were still in....

Thanks. I had my pick for the first two rounds before I played the save but for this one I need a bit more time. I'm leaning towards one of them but I'm not totally sold yet.

Finally a hard question. :laugh:

Need to clarify:

1. What's the team formation? (Player roles)
  2. Can we see player role traits for them as AP?
  3. Can we see coach's report?