Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Top Football Manager Cup

Top Football Manager Cup 2017

- Final Round -

TFMcupFinalRound.png

The wait is over. Welcome to the Final Round of the Top Football Manager Cup 2017. Round 1 saw AndersJ and Jens pick the winning formation, Round 2 was no major obstacle either for these two correctly predicting the best defensive duo. And Round 3 seperated the last few dreamers with these two finalists once and for all by picking the better suited AP for a 1KC. So the last two men standing remain and so does the deciding final round. This round is going to tell us whom of the two is the very BEST!

Genoa are in deep trouble. In a final attempt to save the club from relegation the board decided to throw out the manager who did this..

Genoa1617results.png

..and hire me to save the club from looming relegation with the 14 games that are left..

Genoa1617fixtures.png

There's 14 games to save this fantastic Italian club. 7 home games and 7 away games. Here's where I'm going to need your help..

The Situation

whsgdtet.png

We're rock bottom and need points. Transfer windows closed so we need to make the best of the players we have..

Option A - Balanced approach

Spoiler

TFMGenoaBalanced.png

• A balanced 4-4-2 for ALL 14 games

Balanced mentality, mixed passing + focus and normal tackling. No refinements. Just an entirely balanced method that will steer this club away from relegation. Hopefully. Player roles on the right. Two Wingers..a Target Man + Poacher..a midfield with a Central Midfielder + Deep Lying Playmaker.. Full backs. It's all there. Balanced enough to get points?

Option B - Defensive + Attacking approach

Spoiler

TFMGenoaAttacking.png

TFMGenoaDefensive.png

• An attacking 4-4-2 for all 7 HOME games
  • A defensive 4-4-2 for all 7 AWAY games

Attacking mentality for home games only. Short passing, mixed focus and short distribution with committed tackling. Refinements: Pressing + offside trap.

Defensive mentality for away games only. Direct passing, mixed focus and long distribution with committed tackling. Refinements: Counter attack.

The attacking approach has the Wingers higher up in AML/R spots..FB turned WBs..CD turned BPD...W turned IF...a BBM too..in all pretty attacking for a Genoa side.

The defensive approach features two DMs..a W turned WM for extra defensive cover...a much more careful set up.

What option is going to get us more points? A The balanced approach for all 14 games or B the attacking for home games and defensive for away games? Your call.

If the two finalists AndersJ and Jens pick the same option I'll post an alternative Final Round that will require info from the two finalists via PM tomorrow.

Remember the rules..

• All games will be played by me -BatiGoal- and NOT simulated.
  • All games will be played on EME with the latest update in place.
  • PM me -BatiGoal- your choice (A or B) once the round has started.
  • Do NOT reveal your pick to anyone before the round has closed.
  • Winners qualify for the next round. Losers are out.
  • If a round has 0 winners a new round shall be played with those same players.
  • The last remaining player wins the TOP FOOTBALL MANAGER CUP.

A or B

If you have any questions or need any additional info, pls let me know (there's no guarantee you'll get it but you can try) :)

GOODLUCK!

I like this question a lot! Well done. 

I usually don't tinker with home and away formations but I like the thinking behind this. May have to try it myself. 

First off all BG!! This here has to be done again, it is really fun AND pretty nervewrecking ( i already want more )!!

The Danish vote goes for....

Spoiler

Remember in 1992 when Denmark won 2-0 over the Germans :)?

39 minutes ago, Taff said:

Tough call guys good luck to both Finalists

Hide contents

@AndersJ bring home the gold dude

I took the option i always tend too, without saying too much ?

7 hours ago, veerus said:

I am in denial so I went ahead and submitted my choice to BG anyway. :(

Great - you can have the number 3 spot ??

1 hour ago, AndersJ said:

@Taff i cannot play balanced in 14 games without doing anything ? Looking forward to see the next question ?

The Alternative Final Round is better I think.

Prepare for a Shoot Out ... :) more info up as soon as things are sorted.

Ohhhh my goooood!!!! Is the shoot out with commentary of legends Dino and Roberto Baggio please ????.....or a quiz about legends of the WC in USA in 1994....?

It's going to be a single Coppa Italia match that I'll be (re)playing double the # of times of regular shoot outs, 10x, with the two finalists' instructions, and uhh more on that once I'm on the appropriate device to put it live. You'll like it :)

33 minutes ago, AndersJ said:

Sounds great, im going out in a while, when is the deadline cet?

No deadline. I wouldn't want anyone to win the final that way. I'll keep harrassing you guys until I get the required info ;)

Top Football Manager Cup 2017

- The Final -

AltFinRouteaser.png

- AndersJ Vs Jens Shoot Out -

Let's start the Final Round, gents. Since the two of you have started the nasty habit of picking the same picks every single time there's going to be an Alternative Final Round in the form of a Shoot Out to decide our very first Top Football Manager Cup winner.

The Situation

AlternativeTFMCC1.png

Absolutely disaster. I feel for the Udinese fans. I came in a couple of games left to the end of the season but there was nothing to salvage anymore. I did what I could but the games that we had left, and won, just weren't enough to save this beautiful Italian club from relegation. It will take months if not longer for the fans to accept their fate, but there is a very very small ray of light at the end of the tunnel. It's a mere consolation but at these times anything to put a smile back on their faces will do. We've gotta give them back.

The poor performances in the league were in sharp contrast with their form in the Coppa. Udinese managed to beat Roma in the quarters and Sampdoria in the semi's over two legs. Now awaits the Final of the Coppa Italia and we MUST win for the fans.

AlternativeTFMCC2.png

I want to win the final and I want to win it bad. It doesn't save the season entirely but it's a beautiful Cup nonetheless. Here's where I'm going to need your help @AndersJ and @Jens. We've done well in the last couple of games with the starting 11 I have in mind, but..I'm not 100% sure how we should go about the mentality bit of our encounter with SS Lazio. So with the Formation fixed..the Players fixed..I need your expertise on the Match Setting and Player Roles (optional). This is what we have for now...

AlternativeTFMCC3.png

A Defensive 5-3-2. I'm not changing formation at this point anymore. The players are comfortable with it and these 11 starters are our best and most consistent lads. What I need from you is the following information:

Team Instructions:

• Team Mentality: ?
  • Passing Style: ?
  • Passing Focus: ?
  • GK Distribution: ?
  • Tackling: ?
  • Refinements: ?
  • Primary Outlet: if any
  • Primary Attacker: if any

Player Roles:

• Optional

To clarify..I need a PM from the two of you stating what match settings we're going to use for the Coppa Italia Final Vs Lazio. We MUST set the team instructions for obvious reasons BUT the player roles is optional. They are set already in the screenshot above but if you wish to change any of them you may do so and inform me in the PM as well. If there's no mention of the player roles I'll leave them as they are.

If you need any additional info pls ask via PM, you can ask anything you need before making your final decision and I'll provide you with the info. That's why there's no deadline for the Final Round. We start when you're happy with your instructions/player roles.

The Shoot Out

The scoring will be in the form of a shoot out. Simple. The Coppa Final is only 1 game so what we're going to do is (re)play the exact same game 10x and the finalist who wins the most times..draws don't count you either win the Coppa or you don't..the finalist who wins the most games Vs Lazio wins this tournament. In case of a draw..we continue with the shoot out, just like we would with a regular shoot out, until one of you takes the advantage... and wins. Any questions feel free to ask.

- The Shoot Out -

Coppa Italia Final: Lazio Vs Udinese

- AndersJ   Vs   Jens -

1. attempt:
  2. attempt:
  3. attempt:
  4. attempt:
  5. attempt:
  6. attempt:
  7. attempt:
  8. attempt:
  9. attempt:
  10. attempt:

Top Football Manager Cup Winner: ?

Goodluck!

One set of instructions are in. Awaiting the second set before I reveal the two finalists' info and start the Shoot Out.

Can't wait tbh. Loving the enthusiasm here :)

What a dilemma this is! BG you really knocked this out of the park, this shoot-out could be a while new competition by itself! Brilliant stuff. 

Come on Anders, where are those awful banners? We need them for good luck :laugh:

56 minutes ago, mcandrew003 said:

What a dilemma this is! BG you really knocked this out of the park, this shoot-out could be a while new competition by itself! Brilliant stuff. 

Come on Anders, where are those awful banners? We need them for good luck :laugh:

IMG_2249.JPG

35 minutes ago, Idol said:

Excellent decider Bati! 

Thanks mate! Will post shoot out results one at a time. Edge of the seat stuff ;)

1 hour ago, mcandrew003 said:

What a dilemma this is! BG you really knocked this out of the park, this shoot-out could be a whole new competition by itself! Brilliant stuff. 

Thanks mate! Thought the same thing after posting. Definitely gives it a different feel. :)

I would love this decider to turn into its own cup/challenge in itself, such a creative spin on how the game can be played!

15 minutes ago, mcandrew003 said:

Maybe not the....erm.....greatest team name....

19 minutes ago, mcandrew003 said:

Maybe not the....erm.....greatest team name....

Haha i know but its a well known sentence in Denmark from back when Ricardo the coach used in a press conference ?

http://thesefootballtimes.co/2016/04/11/how-denmark-almost-forgot-to-love-richard-moller-nielsen/