Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Harish attempts the You can't win anything Challenges

7 minutes ago, Taff said:

FANTASTIC WORK DUDE

amazing you took those kids and showed them how to be a team and all I can say is "hats off to you sir"

amazing

Thanks mate,I really didn't think that they will do it too..But they managed to do it........I did say the next part was gonna take time but with the VCC being an IOS tournament I am not eligible since I use Android.So hopefully I finish Part 2 soon....

Cheers.

Quality year and a big congrats on the CL win! That's tactic looks beastly, how did you come up with it? 

Looking forward to seeing you're attempt at the other one now, I'm sure you'll smash it!

22 minutes ago, Harish said:

Thanks mate,I really didn't think that they will do it too..But they managed to do it........I did say the next part was gonna take time but with the VCC being an IOS tournament I am not eligible since I use Android.So hopefully I finish Part 2 soon....

Cheers.

I don't think its specifically for IOS users dude, check with the main man @mcandrew003 but I'm sure there must be other Android users in the tournament 

1 hour ago, mcandrew003 said:

Quality year and a big congrats on the CL win! That's tactic looks beastly, how did you come up with it? 

Looking forward to seeing you're attempt at the other one now, I'm sure you'll smash it!

Thanks mate.As for the tactic I am quite impressed how overloading works this year and cooked this up.Had inspiration from the crazy tacticians of Vibe(Read: @AndersJ @Taff and @BatiGoal), it's still far from perfection though needs a lot of tweaks...

As for the next challenge after seeing Taff's attempt I am definitely gonna make some extra precautions while doing the challenge and I can't use the overload formation....It's definitely going to be a hard one.Fingers crossed....

This is great . The way you managed to win CL trophy is amazing considering that average age your entire squad is around 18/19.

Congrats on winning the challenge.

How's that for a major upset. The Ajax youngsters beat Munich veterans. Outstanding stuff, definitely no easy feat with such a young inconsistent team. 

Congrats mate, very enjoyable little journey and hope you can carry on this momentum into your next challenge.

1 hour ago, Nick11 said:

This is great . The way you managed to win CL trophy is amazing considering that average age your entire squad is around 18/19.

Congrats on winning the challenge.

Thanks mate,I myself didn't expect it but they smashed Bayern out of the stadium.There is still Part 2 of the challenge so stay tuned.

Cheers.

20 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

How's that for a major upset. The Ajax youngsters beat Munich veterans. Outstanding stuff, definitely no easy feat with such a young inconsistent team. 

Congrats mate, very enjoyable little journey and hope you can carry on this momentum into your next challenge.

You could emphasize the word inconsistent,I actually thought the game was broken at one point,60% possession,4-5 clear cut chances almost every game and they can't fricking score,even when they did score 1 or 2 goals the opposition would score in the closing stages and make me nervous.Really frustrating at some times.Hopefully the Atletico Madrid Challenge will let me blow off some steam before returning to the oldies.

Thanks mate!!

Damnnnn bro how did u do it???? U got ur tactics spot on man, i rly didnt expect you to sweep bayern aside in tad 2nd half! Great job! Rly think you will have a good chance at beating the next challenge!! Keep it up!

11 minutes ago, salohcin said:

Damnnnn bro how did u do it???? U got ur tactics spot on man, i rly didnt expect you to sweep bayern aside in tad 2nd half! Great job! Rly think you will have a good chance at beating the next challenge!! Keep it up!

Thanks mate.As for the tactics,the one I used in the final was a relatively new one,just formed it a week ago and is still a work in progress but I felt daring and went ahead with it as Bayern would definitely not expect me to lineup like that,the boys were a bit confused by it and we couldn't make an impact at the first half.I almost wanted to change my tactics to something more safe but took a hunch.....And it paid off....I have to admit that some of the results were lucky such as the semi finals....The next challenge will be up once I finish my turn in the VCC.

10 minutes ago, setiawanjimmy said:

Wow! Who says you cant win anything with kids? You killed it mate! Well done!

Thanks mate!!

Wow, fantastic achievement mate, well done! It's hard enough getting the kids to compete, but to do it with a "smaller" club like Ajax is brilliant.

I would say that the Oldies challenge is even more difficult but considering how you've done here I wouldn't be surprised if you can pull it off!

Nice!  That was a crazy turn-around in the second half.  Did you change your tactics or anything else to turn the final game in your favor?

On 7/10/2017 at 14:00, Mr.Manager said:

Wow, fantastic achievement mate, well done! It's hard enough getting the kids to compete, but to do it with a "smaller" club like Ajax is brilliant.

I would say that the Oldies challenge is even more difficult but considering how you've done here I wouldn't be surprised if you can pull it off!

Hey mate sorry for not replying sooner,was busy with a case....But thanks for the support,the oldies challenge will certainly be a tough nut to crack but hopefully I complete it

On 7/11/2017 at 08:23, veerus said:

Nice!  That was a crazy turn-around in the second half.  Did you change your tactics or anything else to turn the final game in your favor?

Thanks mate,I changed nothing in the second half,took a hunch and was successful,they did not have any DCs on their bench so I thought the overloading would work in the closing stages.And it did.

Hello there guys,yes I am still alive and am sorry about not being here as much as I would have liked to but my line of work is such that though I get a lot of free days there are times when I have give up my sleep for work,But now I am back and you can expect an update for Part 2 of the YCWA challenge in a few hours.

Once again,sorry for the absence and Thank you for bearing with me.

You can't win anything Challenge Part 2:

So,a very good day to everyone and I have returned from the dead to present you Part 2 of the YCWA challenge."You can't win Anything with Grandads!!!!"

So the link to the challenge page is in the start of the article,but it basically requires the squad to have a minimum age of 34 and win the champions league.

This will definitely be harder than the Kids challenge as there are times when we will physically falter to cope up with others but I am optimistic about completing this.So let's see what team I chose.

Well,I originally wanted to choose Madrid but as @Taff had already chosen it I had to choose a different team.And the team I chose was the team who brought so much from Taff from his save.Yep,the team I have chosen is

Spoiler

ZkjtIb8.jpg

Yes,I have chosen the might Bayern as my team for this.There was only one reason.Xabi Alonso.I am not kidding.

The Original Squad:

Spoiler

FHrULmE.jpg

lAQtQis.jpg

Wow, there's a fifteen year old in there..... Interesting......Anyways so the whole squad except Xabi is ineligible so there's gonna be a huge overhaul,hope it doesn't take too long for the squad to gel.

Transfers In:

Spoiler

XC6XuIs.jpg

oa9fiCv.jpg

i5FkOQ9.jpg

Well,a lot of transfers in,can't exactly say anything as they are all well known names.Ze Roberto is the oldest guy in the squad at 42.Was a former Bayern player so I thought I would give him one last Hooray.

Transfers out:

Spoiler

EMvjvHb.jpg

jQP90iw.jpg

Wasn't that keen on hassling so just accepted whatever I could get.

So how did the squad look after that megahaul?

New look squad:

Spoiler

n5i8InB.jpg

vSsmLVd.jpg

Well,That's a really old squad,all of them are quite proficient when it comes to technical stats but the less said about their physical stats the better.Three 40s in the team.A pretty rare sight.Oldest Champions league Winner???

Group stage draw:

Spoiler

RO7HQfR.jpg

A very decent draw with Tottenham and Napoli posing some challenges but if I manage to defeat Tottenham both times there's a chance they will fail to qualify which would make the odds easier.

So,what will happen after this?Will we qualify?Will wisdom triumph over young?

Stay tuned to find out

Suggestions and feedback are warmly welcomed.

Thanks for reading :).

16 minutes ago, Taff said:

Good luck dude, keep Zlat fit and you should be laughing, plenty of players still with a lot of quality 

Thanks mate.Feeling Zlat fit is definitely a big plus for me but as for laughing it isnt gonna happen.The team is doing really bad and I need to turn it around real quick to avoid the sack.Would be gutted if I failed the challenge.

Surprised to see Kimmich and Robben go to BMG, should make them formidable opponents domestically! Also doing that definitely hurt your odds by selling to Barca and Madrid, but it's not like you had many other options. I'm pulling for you to win this, even if a few of your players belong on wheelchairs already!

4 hours ago, MasonT827 said:

Surprised to see Kimmich and Robben go to BMG, should make them formidable opponents domestically! Also doing that definitely hurt your odds by selling to Barca and Madrid, but it's not like you had many other options. I'm pulling for you to win this, even if a few of your players belong on wheelchairs already!

I wasn't exactly that careful with who I was selling to as I was not investing much time in my save but in hindsight I should have,well I wanted funds so I had to sell them,as you said,no other choice.They ate really slow but have good passing and technical stats so planning to play a slow possession based game.

Thanks for the support mate.

3 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Look at that squad :laugh: epic!

It so happened that I was playing CM 01/02 an hour before starting the challenge,but that's just irrelevant :P.

Atleast the fans will spare me for selling off their star studded squad........After all who doesn't want to see players who were playing before they even knew what football was....