Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Challenge Cup XI

1 hour ago, mcandrew003 said:

Pole Position - @samhardy ( I totally think that and I'm not after a score boost....)

Overachiever - @Damilare I'm not sure why but I get the feeling after his great Community Games score he'll do well. 

Underachiever - @Ashez I think the EME might kill him, or he'll kill it :P

Eliminated - Myself of course, I hate this engine

Thanks for the voice of confidence..... 

Pole Position - @BatiGoal off the back of his 5 one season challenges I think he prepared very well for this!

Overachiever - @Ashez because like has already been said, he's stepped out of his comfort zone and I'm confident he'll show up!

Underachiever - @PriZe talks a big game, maybe another time!

Eliminated - @samhardy need I say anymore, too much mouth not enough action ?

2 hours ago, mcandrew003 said:

Not a chance :P I'm as bad at the EME as Geordie clubs are staying in the Premier League :P

Clubs? Multiple? There's only one Geordie club. Your Geography is really really bad.

1 hour ago, Brenty92 said:

Pole Position - @BatiGoal off the back of his 5 one season challenges I think he prepared very well for this!

Overachiever - @Ashez because like has already been said, he's stepped out of his comfort zone and I'm confident he'll show up!

Underachiever - @PriZe talks a big game, maybe another time!

Eliminated - @samhardy need I say anymore, too much mouth not enough action ?

He failed 40% of his challenges if my memory serves me correct, not that good preparation!

32 minutes ago, samhardy said:

He failed 40% of his challenges if my memory serves me correct, not that good preparation!

Tru but passing 60% means by majority the career was a success ?

49 minutes ago, Brenty92 said:

Tru but passing 60% means by majority the career was a success ?

One failure here and it's night night though ;) 

1 minute ago, Ashez said:

One failure here and it's night night though ;) 

Good job he got the failures out the way already then ??

3 minutes ago, Brenty92 said:

Good job he got the failures out the way already then ??

He will drop the ball, just wait and see:laugh:

3 minutes ago, samhardy said:

What's with the @BatiGoal lovefest recently?

Bribes... that's how he gets a following

Challenge Cup XI

Qualifying Round

Results Show!

It's been one whole week already, doesn't time fly when you're nervously awaiting your fate? We've seen tantrums and banter aplenty in the opening week of this years second Challenge Cup extravaganza and I'm sure this will only intensify as we introduce results for the players to squabble over! Before we begin let's quickly recap the challenge for the qualifying round. 

Challenge One Recap

Spoiler

You'll be taking charge of Cracovia in Poland who could be seen as the worst team in the league! The challenge is simple as all you need to do is play the season and enter your results. 

Rules For This Specific Challenge

1. No signings at all. 

Points System

1. Your league point total

2. +/- Your League goal difference

3. Two points for every round of the domestic cups you pass. 

Bonus Points

Your longest unbeaten run in the league will earn you a point for each fixture without a loss. If your longest undefeated run is five matches you'll earn 5 points and so on. 

I said in my revealing of this challenge that it wasn't too difficult but maybe I was wrong in that assessment as there were many an in approving comment posted towards the challenge. Anyway that's enough jibber jabbing so let's crack on with the reason you're all here! 

The No Shows

Unfortunately three members decided to pull out of the competition before the deadline with Danovic78, Jeroenvk94 and Robbrown172 being eliminated early. This leaves us looking for two more members to exit the tournament at this stage. 

The Relegation Contenders

Brenty92

McAndrew003

AndersJ

Ashez

Krenzar

Dianto Billy Nova

Xizzatx

Some big names could potentially be in trouble already! Only two from this list will be removed at this stage but it should deliver a serious wake up call to anyone on the list who manages to continue to the group stages.

To allow this information to sink in for those members struggling at the foot of the rankings why don't we take a detour to the top end of the table. 

The Title Contenders 

PriZe

BatiGoal

Samhardy

Taff 

There was a four way battle for the title with the lead changing hands a couple of times as the scores came in. It's no surprise the predicted favourites were battling for the top spot but who came out on top? All four are clearly safe for this round but the opportunity for bragging rights could be a more important prize! 

The Top 4

Samhardy - 164

BatiGoal - 161

PriZe - 144

Taff - 135

Three points seals the deal as Samhardy wins the qualifying round! BatiGoal takes the silver medal with an equally impressive score but the real talking point is the champion of the previous cup flopping to third. Finishing third is some achievement but to finish 20 odd points behind his rivals must be a wake up call for most people's favourite to retain the crown. Taff continues to be the favourite outsider or dark horse of the tournament as he finishes fourth to ensure he's a top seed in the group stages. 

Completing The Top Eight

Rocket - 121

Real_Random - 121

Damilare - 111

Anfieldsquirrel - 105

Fourteen points behind fourth place we find Real_Random and Rocket who fought bravely only to come out level pegging with Rocket's league points giving him the edge in our rankings. Anfieldsquirrel's surprise return worked out well for him as he claims a spot in the top eight while new comer Damilare sneaks in front of everyone's favourite rodent to secure a place in the top seven. 

Completing The Top Twelve

Risheek - 101

Ashez - 100

Brenty92 - 92

AndersJ - 88

Risheek comes in with a score of 101 to cement his place in the top nine while Ashez just squeaks into the top ten finishing tenth with fellow LFC fan Brenty92 filling out the top eleven. AndersJ rounds out the top dozen to secure his place in the group stages.

The Final Two Places

Dianto Billy Nova - 88

Krenzar - 81

DBN matched AndersJ's score but his league points saw him finish below Anders in our rankings. Krenzar claims the last remaining qualifying spot to see him pass safely into the next round. 

Have you been mentioned yet? If not you should be worried! 

Relegation

McAndrew003 - 31

Xizzatx - 0

Xizzatx was the only member we expected a score from to fail to meet the deadline which sees him exit in sixteenth place. McAndrew003 will also be exiting the competition at this stage as his score of 31 wasn't enough to grant him passage to the group stage, a poor run resulting in the sack has cost McAndrew dear here. 

Qualifying Round Leaderboard

samhardy - 164

BatiGoal - 161

PriZe* - 144

Taff - 135

--------------------------

Rocket - 121

Real_Random - 121

Damilare - 111

anfieldsquirrel - 105

Risheek - 101

Ashez - 100

Brenty92 - 92

AndersJ - 88

Dianto Billy Nova - 88

Krenzar - 81

mcandrew003 - 31

danovic78 - 0

Jeroenvk94 - 0

Robbrown172 - 0

xizzatx - 0

The qualifying round has came to an end as we say goodbye to five members who signed up. We now have the top 14 players in the hat for the group stage which will be drawn shortly. Now let the drama commence! 

Looking at how it panned out seed wise we're going to have some quality groups! Just looking at it now and yikes! I know I'm third seed like but looking at who I could get has me super excited :D 

Congrats to everyone who progressed to the group stages. @mcandrew003 next one should be an OME - I'm already practising ;)

I felt I had a perfect run. Almost couldn't have gone any better but still not enough to take gold in qualifying. Well done @samhardy impressive stuff! Next challenge we all start on 0 pts so don't get too comfy :)

Loved the write-up @Ashez edge of the seat stuff and it had me scrolling down slowly reading line by line with without spoiling anything. Can't wait for more!!

16 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Congrats to everyone who progressed to the group stages. @mcandrew003 next one should be an OME - I'm already practising ;)

I felt I had a perfect run. Almost couldn't have gone any better but still not enough to take gold in qualifying. Well done @samhardy impressive stuff! Next challenge we all start on 0 pts so don't get too comfy :)

Loved the write-up @Ashez edge of the seat stuff and it had me scrolling down slowly reading line by line with without spoiling anything. Can't wait for more!!

Thanks for mentioning that mate, I didn't expect anyone too as I know we all have bigger stakes in this than the updates haha. Tbh I had no idea how to go about it so i started writing it early with the information I had at that time and that's how it came together lol. I'm happier with the outcome of the write up than my performances in the Cup anyway :P 

As for the performance of Sam and yourself I was gobsmacked haha. You both smashed it!

Really happy with winning qualifying again. Thanks for the messages! Now the competition properly starts can't take my foot off the accelerator :D

Great performance from you @BatiGoal you would have won easily if I didn't go on a mental run of about 24 goals in 4 games towards the end. Cracking score! Solid stuff as expected from @PriZe and @Taff who is a serious contender for the title.

Finally well done to all the first time participants who have qualified for the group stages and to @Ashez for the standard of results post.

I won't be this nice again during the tournament so make the most of it ;)

Group stage draw will be tomorrow mid-afternoon.

12 minutes ago, mcandrew003 said:

If I'm being honest I expected more abuse :laugh:

I hate this engine. I'm rooting for an OME tournament next year ;)

Nobody has woke up to give you abuse yet. :laugh: