Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Challenge Cup XI

Challenge Cup XI

The Quarter Finals!

Welcome all FMM fans and an extra warm welcome to our top eight players who've made it this far. The herd has been thinned and we now have the top eight players of the year fighting it out for a place in the semi finals! 

The Top Eight.

BatiGoal Vs Damilare

PriZe* Vs Risheek

Taff Vs Anfieldsquirrel

SamHardy Vs Real_Random 

The first challenge of this tournament tested the managers ability to adapt to what they've been given, while the second challenge tested their ability to patch up a poor squad. What's left to test you ask? The obvious answer is the managers ability to wheel and deal as the quarter final challenge will be transfer based! Transfers? Pfft how can they be difficult I hear you cry! Well strap yourselves in lads as this challenge is a real doozy! 

The Quarter Final Challenge

A Pride Of Challenge.

Reading the title you've likely picked up on the concept of the challenge as the idea is you have to replace your entire squad with players from a specific area. In theory this challenge could be a walk in the park as the game has plenty of favourable nations we could pick for our managers to use, although how about those unfavourable nations? Oh yes baby! 

The Nations You'll Be Using! 

Austria

Denmark

Serbia

Sweden

Hardly the footballing elite but plenty of quality players from these nations come to mind. Then again are we realistically going to allow you to sign the big names from these nations?

The Clubs We've Picked For You.

Ajax

PSV

Sporting Lisbon

FC Porto

Challenge Recap.

You'll be assigned a starting club and a nation, once this is known you must sell and demote any player not of this nationality from your squad and replace them with players of said nationality. Only players from your given nationality are allowed to play for you. 

Points.

League points

+/- League goal difference

2 points per cup round passed

Bonus Points.

You are allowed one wildcard signing, this wildcard signing is a player you can sign of any nationality but he must be brought into the club during the summer. You'll earn one point per goal and two points per assist from this player. 

Rules.

1. You can only play players of your given nationality. If unavoidable a greyed out player can play (not a reserve but the first team squad greys you sometimes are forced to have). 

2. Any player not of your given nationality must be demoted and sold ASAP. 

3. The wildcard signing has to be a signing - No keeping from the original squad. 

4. All general Challenge Cup rules, you've all been here long enough now to know what's what. 

Needed Screenshots.

1. League Table

2. Evidence of cup progress

3. Manager profile

4. Squad view showing nationality

5. Wildcard's performance. 

The Club & Nation Draw.

BatiGoal Vs Damilare - FCP + Denmark

PriZe* Vs Risheek - Sporting + Sweden

Taff Vs Anfieldsquirrel - Ajax + Austria

SamHardy Vs Real_Random - PSV + Serbia

Deadline: Saturday September 2nd 23.59

Let the battle commence! Good luck lads! 

Loving the single nation challenges, can't wait to get cracking. Out of the 4 FCP is by far the club I've managed the least. Now let's hope those Danes understand my instructions :)

Shame @PriZe didn't get his beloved PSV :laugh: goodluck people. Goodluck everyone finishing on the wrong side of me.

35 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Loving the single nation challenges, can't wait to get cracking. Out of the 4 FCP is by far the club I've managed the least. Now let's hope those Danes understand my instructions :)

Shame @PriZe didn't get his beloved PSV :laugh: goodluck people. Goodluck everyone finishing on the wrong side of me.

I'm glad I picked well! :D 

Ok so I manage Ajax, sell demote all non Austrian players but am allowed one player of any nationality to play (not from the original squad) then just play the season as normal and try to out score the Scouse Rodent

Just double checking I'm all good before I start

4 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Man, easily one of the longest pre-seasons I've ever had preparing a team full of Danish Delight.. + joker :)@Damilare better bring your A game!

I was nice enough to make sure I only picked nations search able via the nationality filter so it could have been worse :P 

6 hours ago, Ashez said:

I was nice enough to make sure I only picked nations search able via the nationality filter so it could have been worse :P 

:laugh:

Gotta say I'm delighted with my team. Was a little worried not getting in decent names in but turned out pretty well in the end. Maybe my Viking challenge earlier this year helped slightly getting the reliable ones in ;)

Looks like the rest of the competitors are lost for words since the challenge reveal hehehe! Poor fellas.

I actually quite like the challenge, my squad is good and has a reliable goal scorer and creator so I'm quietly confident in posting a good score, I'm just worried that Sam has found it easy and will record a score of 200+

1 hour ago, PriZe said:

Lovely challenge lads! Going to have some fun with this :D

Yeah my thoughts exactly until I was 2h into pre-season and still left with half a squad lol 

I'm interested to see how difficult it is tbf! When I got the concept I knew I wanted to pick unfashionable nations but when it came to checking in game for ones with a decent amount of players and ones easy to search for these were basically my only somewhat balanced options. 

31 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Yeah my thoughts exactly until I was 2h into pre-season and still left with half a squad lol 

Haha i hear ya:laugh: and looks like the game knows i need the players, mediocre player getting bought for top dollars:(

@Ashez I think I know the answer to the following but I figured I post it anyway so others don't fall (almost..) in the same trap.

I bought a Dane..

njilkBR.png

But turned Finnish after the transfer period in September..

MxzyJiK.png

I bought a Dane.. again..

oqm8OzA.png

But opted for his other nationality (Bosnian) after the business window..

Ct82lRG.png

I suppose the challenge for these two "ex-Danes" ends here? Bummer. I guess that's the potential curveball you threw at some of us as I'm now left with a significant weakened defence :laugh: oh well.. the subs might still do the job. Got a squad of 20+ so not the end of the world, but something the other competitors should look out for...and the hosts as well for potential "cheaters" :P

7 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

@Ashez I think I know the answer to the following but I figured I post it anyway so others don't fall (almost..) in the same trap.

I bought a Dane..

njilkBR.png

But turned Finnish after the transfer period in September..

MxzyJiK.png

I bought a Dane.. again..

oqm8OzA.png

But opted for his other nationality (Bosnian) after the business window..

Ct82lRG.png

I suppose the challenge for these two "ex-Danes" ends here? Bummer. I guess that's the potential curveball you threw at some of us as I'm now left with a significant weakened defence :laugh: oh well.. the subs might still do the job. Got a squad of 20+ so not the end of the world, but something the other competitors should look out for...and the hosts as well for potential "cheaters" :P

In real life they were never ever Danish ? But thats the story of the national side at the moment ? ON topic...best of luck with Dumic ⚽️

2 hours ago, AndersJ said:

In real life they were never ever Danish ? But thats the story of the national side at the moment ? ON topic...best of luck with Dumic ⚽️

Thanks! But Dumic is out too. Quite a few players actually with double nationality but only those two made the switch.

Looking at the performances of the Danes in my Porto team I'm shocked! Some real classy players you got for your national side. If this is anything to go by they'll win the next couple of E and WC's :)

The Good

6Fithsj.png

WPOTY :) Looks like J. Wildcard is enjoying life in Portugual.

The Bad

cQWr5eu.png

3 injuries in the first half.. including J. Wildcard :O

The Ugly

qVJNMsH.png

:@ That's the end of the season for Mr. J. Bonus-points.

I'm done! Will send in the results later today. @Damilare you smell your chances? You should.

29 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

The Good

6Fithsj.png

WPOTY :) Looks like J. Wildcard is enjoying life in Portugual.

The Bad

cQWr5eu.png

3 injuries in the first half.. including J. Wildcard :O

The Ugly

qVJNMsH.png

:@ That's the end of the season for Mr. J. Bonus-points.

I'm done! Will send in the results later today. @Damilare you smell your chances? You should.

Ouch :O i feel lucky with my 3 weeks for the WC. Did take another month to find his groove back :(

1 final game to play and i am done!