Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Article Why I will be playing FMM18 instead of the PC version

FuddledFox

34 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

If you have an interest in the PC game or are thinking about purchasing it this year please give this review a read from a mate of mine.

https://griftgaming.wordpress.com/2017/11/02/football-manager-2018-an-ode-to-complacency/

While I've never played FM that review really does echo how I've felt about FMM for a long time and shows why I don't want more media and fluff added to it. 

43 minutes ago, Ashez said:

While I've never played FM that review really does echo how I've felt about FMM for a long time and shows why I don't want more media and fluff added to it. 

Makes me smile when I read people saying they want press conferences in FMM. I can see why they say it but honestly no one does them on PC as they are so dull and repatative.

Give me all the tactical and stats stuff as possible but keep FMM "dating sim fee" is my view. While it would be wrong to dismiss what other people want for the series I do think a lot of suggestions aren't thought out. Like it's easy to request more media and interactions but what does that bring to the game outside of multiple choice questions where you hope you pick the right option. One of the most requested FMM features I've seen is squad numbers, like wtf of any importance would that add? Same thing with manager contacts or instant result options. Especially when the game is missing loads of important features with set pieces being a prime example. 

My only "out there" desired feature would be more of it's own mode. I've always craved a director of football mode in the game where you run the club, sure we can almost do that via holidaying but the AI are useless (for good reason) so it's something we can't really pull off. 

I agree with the dull press conferences, but not with the squad numbers. Seeing pogba with 7 on his shirt can kill the realism instantly for some. Also, it would be a simple feature to incorporate into the game. I understand that there are more important issues, but it would be so easy to add and would appease so many.

Edited by FMH Skill

Only problem with squad numbers they will mean very little after a few seasons, not the most important addition, much rather developers time was spent improving game play.

As a man Utd fan, squad numbers mean everything to me. The fact that depay 7 outsold every other shirt in the world says it all. The number 7 shirt has a rich history and this should be reflected in game, rather than it being given to any random youngster out of your control. To be fair, it would take very little time to add in but would be a great little feature to make the game more authentic. However i do take on board your opinions ?

Edited by FMH Skill

For the record we don't have squad numbers as it produces unneeded lag going on the last thing we heard. Thought I best mention it lol.

9 hours ago, FuddledFox said:

Makes me smile when I read people saying they want press conferences in FMM. I can see why they say it but honestly no one does them on PC as they are so dull and repatative.

I dont believe we have immediate plans to bring this to mobile. I guess you'll be pleased with that :)

On 01/11/2017 at 09:58, FuddledFox said:

Here's one for us golden oldies.

Screenshot_20171101-095621.thumb.png.d0e9554d041311d49206ed87277d383d.png

I would love to see this game brought out on Android. It was this very game that got me into Management Sims.

Kevin Toms recently re-released the original Football Manager Game on Android recently and would love if SI could do the same

My first foray was CM 99/00. I couldn't stop playing it for years and probably still would if it were not for having 3 kids and a wife. Full PC FM is just way too time consuming and for me becomes too much like hard work. Why do I need to check and double check every little decision I make, it takes the fun away. That said I started playing FMM17 this year and it's great. Takes me back to the old CM days when you could complete a season in a weekend....

Nice read and everything said here sums up why I dumped PC version for the last few years. I wish however it was possible to create your own fixtures, esp for pre season.

been playing the handheld version since it was released on PSP, the PC version is just too overwhelming and it takes far too long to get through a season... let alone 10+ which I tend to do

the day FMM loses its simplicity will be the day it's no longer FMM or a true handheld FMM alternative

I'm really showing my age here but i've been playing the game since Amiga 1200 days! 

Sigames was known as Domark back then and this was the game that started it all off for me:

championship_manager_93_domark_d7.thumb.jpg.fae949d841bb51d9e4ea31df5a456909.jpg

Those were the days....

I love the mobile/tablet game it takes me back to 93 everytime ?

16 minutes ago, Chris Woodward said:

I'm really showing my age here but i've been playing the game since Amiga 1200 days! 

Sigames was known as Domark back then and this was the game that started it all off for me:

championship_manager_93_domark_d7.thumb.jpg.fae949d841bb51d9e4ea31df5a456909.jpg

Those were the days....

I love the mobile/tablet game it takes me back to 93 everytime ?

I had an Amiga 600 but I don't remember having champ man on it.

Registered couple weeks ago in the community, hadn't read this great article. Great read and great community that just keeps on building hype for me to keep playing.