Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat 9.0.4 on Android

8 minutes ago, AleZacQue said:

no in real life what they do is they dont give them a rating for their performance if they just come on for afew minutes

That is a reasonable proposition - the reason we don't do that is simply behind the scenes it'd make doing an 'average rating' for matches rather awkward if he had a '0' for a match (as we have some tricks to optimize such things in place) ... its important they get the 'match' recorded as playing games helps with players development so ignoring short appearances isn't really an option.

(a youngster getting 5-10 minutes or more at the end of a match counts towards his experience at that level and helps him become accustomed to the atmosphere and situation as 'normal', its why managers do this sort of thing irl)

Just now, Marc Vaughan said:

That is a reasonable proposition - the reason we don't do that is simply behind the scenes it'd make doing an 'average rating' for matches rather awkward if he had a '0' for a match (as we have some tricks to optimize such things in place) ... its important they get the 'match' recorded as playing games helps with players development so ignoring short appearances isn't really an option.

(a youngster getting 5-10 minutes or more at the end of a match counts towards his experience at that level and helps him become accustomed to the atmosphere and situation as 'normal', its why managers do this sort of thing irl)

yes that i can understand, what is your opinion on a 7 rating or maybe even a 6.5 rating? and maybe you can help us to understand better if it is an issue and what the ratings can affect, because due to this, my players esp my defenders and central midfielders which i always sub in have poor ratings. If i can know that it isnt really affecting my players, development, ratings ect. then it is easier to live with it as well. To add to my point, i can win every trophy and half of my squad can have a rating of 7 and below

A lower rating will not really affect younger players at all as the match experience they gain is far more important than the rating - so long as you don't 'over-play' them (if you play a 16 year old in 20+ matches a season then you might find he can't handle it stamina-wise).

For older players it'll depend - if their rating is circa 6.7-6.8 or above then I wouldn't worry about it at all, if its in the low 6.x then it might be a little more of an issue for them with regards to them maintaining peak performance.

(the overall average rating in most games is around 6.7-6.8 across the entire database incidentally)

4 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

A lower rating will not really affect younger players at all as the match experience they gain is far more important than the rating - so long as you don't 'over-play' them (if you play a 16 year old in 20+ matches a season then you might find he can't handle it stamina-wise).

For older players it'll depend - if their rating is circa 6.7-6.8 or above then I wouldn't worry about it at all, if its in the low 6.x then it might be a little more of an issue for them with regards to them maintaining peak performance.

(the overall average rating in most games is around 6.7-6.8 across the entire database incidentally)

that is understandable, as there is no proper guide, im pretty sure that many of us assume that 7 is the average rating and above means that the player is performing well whereas below it means the player is not doing good. In my save , i noticed that inaki williams can score 15 plus goals in a season but his rating is 6.7-6.8

23 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

We've started a staged roll-out of 9.0.4 on Android, the dashboard is showing its an improvement in terms of stability on the platform but the few ratings we've had for it haven't shown an improvement in score so I thought I'd check with anyone who has it if its working alright and whether they've noticed any specific issues with it or do they see it as an improvement?

(it'll come out on iOS in due course once its finished its submission and once we're sure its sound on android we'll place it on full-release, but obviously we try to be sensible and cautious about putting new versions into the wild - hence the staged release)

PS - If you are using it and enjoying it/finding it an improvement please rate the app and cheer me up, Brighton are losing ... I need something to cheer me up ;)

Have a couple of weird issues like clubs trying to compete with me for players in THEIR own B teams.  Also the board refusing to allow me to offer my max wage to a player (Who is a key player in my team) the board will only allow say 200k (out of a possible 450-500k). And the world footballer of the year seems random (looking at the winners goals, assists, avg rating etc) 

57 minutes ago, ADNANJANUZAJMOYES said:

Have a couple of weird issues like clubs trying to compete with me for players in THEIR own B teams.  Also the board refusing to allow me to offer my max wage to a player (Who is a key player in my team) the board will only allow say 200k (out of a possible 450-500k). And the world footballer of the year seems random (looking at the winners goals, assists, avg rating etc) 

The B-team thing I've got a prototype fix in for here, so that'll be in a future release (it was in last years game as far as I can tell and is likely very rare).

The wage thing - if you can get me the save I'll look into it.

World Footballer of the year is part reputation, part their performance and also a nod towards their length of servitude/time in the game ... if you give me your save and indicate the ones you think are wrong I'll take a peek at that also.

Is anyone else still waiting for it to appear in the play store? I'm badly wanting to start a new save, but need to update first. I'm about ready to make a deal with the devil 

4 minutes ago, SaintPaul said:

Is anyone else still waiting for it to appear in the play store? I'm badly wanting to start a new save, but need to update first. I'm about ready to make a deal with the devil 

same feeling

Marc I've noticed a lot of red cards and injuries in AI v AI simulated games. This has annoying knock on effects such as AI teams struggling to cover many injuries and suspensions, as well as competition stats (e.g. unrealistic number of yellows and reds for players/teams, top scorer charts not as competitive as they should be due to long injury spells and so on..) 

2 hours ago, SaintPaul said:

Same here bro,  just waiting for tomorrow  

2 hours ago, SaintPaul said:

The update is save game compatible so you'll be fine to start today and update tomorrow ...

added 0 minutes later
1 hour ago, Twister045 said:

Marc I've noticed a lot of red cards and injuries in AI v AI simulated games. This has annoying knock on effects such as AI teams struggling to cover many injuries and suspensions, as well as competition stats (e.g. unrealistic number of yellows and reds for players/teams, top scorer charts not as competitive as they should be due to long injury spells and so on..) 

I'll check the statistics but unless they're particularly psychotic teams that shouldn't be the case ... which leagues/clubs are you noticing this with?

39 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

I'll check the statistics but unless they're particularly psychotic teams that shouldn't be the case ... which leagues/clubs are you noticing this with?

Everywhere! Halfway through Jan '19 at the min and just checked top leagues in England (21 games in), Spain (19), Italy (19) and Germany (17) and these just seem far too high... 

Also attached a few examples of injuries (few reds too) ... I realise most are the Prem but these just happen to be games I've taken screenshots of, truth is I find it across most games in all competitions. Players seem to tire a lot more in these games than games played out in the match engine than so this may be the reason for it

Screenshot_20171119-214310.png

Screenshot_20171117-162823.png

Screenshot_20171117-162832.png

Screenshot_20171114-230510.png

Screenshot_20171203-202632.png

Screenshot_20171114-113023.png

Screenshot_20171115-172048.png

Screenshot_20171114-230558.png

Screenshot_20171117-083024.png

Screenshot_20171117-082957.png

Screenshot_20171203-202609.png

Screenshot_20171203-202552.png

Screenshot_20171203-202531.png

@Twister045 if you actually look at the players who are injured most of the time it doesn’t say anything about an injury on their eligibility page. Like when you get a player injured only to find out he if fine after the game just with low condition 

So just for clarification the updates especially regarding injuries and such, will be implemented into existing saves meaning there is no need to start again? 

56 minutes ago, ptg said:

So just for clarification the updates especially regarding injuries and such, will be implemented into existing saves meaning there is no need to start again? 

Nope just continue your existing game by all means (we try our utmost to ensure this is the case for all FMM updates).

7 hours ago, Twister045 said:

Everywhere! Halfway through Jan '19 at the min and just checked top leagues in England (21 games in), Spain (19), Italy (19) and Germany (17) and these just seem far too high... 

Also attached a few examples of injuries (few reds too) ... I realise most are the Prem but these just happen to be games I've taken screenshots of, truth is I find it across most games in all competitions. Players seem to tire a lot more in these games than games played out in the match engine than so this may be the reason for it

Screenshot_20171119-214310.png

Screenshot_20171117-162823.png

Screenshot_20171117-162832.png

Screenshot_20171114-230510.png

Screenshot_20171203-202632.png

Screenshot_20171114-113023.png

Screenshot_20171115-172048.png

Screenshot_20171114-230558.png

Screenshot_20171117-083024.png

Screenshot_20171117-082957.png

Screenshot_20171203-202609.png

Screenshot_20171203-202552.png

Screenshot_20171203-202531.png

What version please

5 hours ago, Rjgreeno said:

@Twister045 if you actually look at the players who are injured most of the time it doesn’t say anything about an injury on their eligibility page. Like when you get a player injured only to find out he if fine after the game just with low condition 

What version are the talking about? 

3 hours ago, jamesogbowu said:

What version please

Those screenshots are from 9.0.3 and earlier. Noticed the injury thing in FMM17 too but not as many reds 

8 hours ago, Rjgreeno said:

Almost everytime I check these players they have 'proper'  injuries, then most of their team mates are usually around the 50-70 fitness mark which is strange because my players tend to be between 70-80 straight after a game. You can see teams that play midweek games regularly really struggle with fitness, even top teams and players with stamina of 15+. I accept players pick up knocks and will need rested from time to time but it doesn't seem to correlate with how human teams fitness works i.e. I can have my squad all at 100% 3-4 days after a game yet the AI struggles to get theirs above 90%. Ultimately I think it just makes it a bit too easy when playing big teams that should be more difficult to beat.. and I do like a challenge! 

2 hours ago, Twister045 said:

Almost everytime I check these players they have 'proper'  injuries

Fair enough then, that is a bit of a problem

added 0 minutes later
6 hours ago, jamesogbowu said:

What version are the talking about?

what ever version before the update

Still on 9.03......9.04 hasn't appear on play store yet in my country.

Is there a possibility of reducing loading time for saves.......i find it irritating having to wait 2+ mins. 

Also save crash very often and I'd always have to recover via auto save + no notification for injury

1 hour ago, Teemhothy said:

Is there a possibility of reducing loading time for saves.......i find it irritating having to wait 2+ mins. 

Also save crash very often and I'd always have to recover via auto save + no notification for injury

Should be visible shortly as its on 100% release as of yesterday afternoon, if there is a specific save which is having issues with stability please email it to me (marc.vaughan@sigames.com) and I'll take a look.

3 hours ago, Teemhothy said:

It's available now Tim. Loading time is dependent on your device. My loading time do not exceed 35secs. 

Save crash, I never experienced that from the day of release till now. Still device dependent.

Notification for injury has been fixed. 

2 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Should be visible shortly as its on 100% release as of yesterday afternoon, if there is a specific save which is having issues with stability please email it to me (marc.vaughan@sigames.com) and I'll take a look.

OK seen finally updated....save crashing gone  + injury news sorted ....