Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Can Ashez Lift The Curse Of The Loan Signing?

Ashez

Can Ashez Lift The Curse Of The Loan Signing?

Hello Vibe and welcome to my latest career thread! Before we begin however I have some explaining to do. I've been incredibly busy in the last few weeks due to moving house and everything that goes with such a time consuming and stressful adventure. This is why I've only just started posting this and why I've fallen behind on the content being posted on the site, i feel guilty not commenting but I've just struggled to keep up with everything lately. I'm not completely settled yet but things should start to calm down now or if not after the holidays so I'll slowly be finding my feet again. 

One more thing I may as well mention is this career is the first time I've seriously typed on my new tablet so this is a learning experience for me lol. Hopefully things will go smoothly but we'll see how things go, the positives of a new tablet however is that I'm loving FMM again! I've successfully moved on to the EME and while I have massive issues with the engine the speed difference from my new tablet makes it playable at least. Now onto the career. 

The Challenge

The challenge I'll be playing for you guys in this thread is "The Curse Of The Loan Signing" . The basic concept of the challenge is you sign a striker on loan and play a season, once that season is done you replace the striker with a new loan signing. This new striker has to match or beat the strikers before his goal return and if he doesn't the challenge ends. 

Why this challenge? Well when I created this challenge a few years ago I really loved it but it got no love whatsoever, if memory serves me well this challenge has only been played a few times with two of them being my own attempts. I'm playing a save that really appeals to me and one that I hope can find a new lease of life within the community. I also wanted something potentially short while I get used to the game and wait for patches so this felt prefect, the only issue was finding time to post it!

The Starting Club

One of the hardest things for me is deciding what club to play as, I've spent hours staring at the league select screen over the years just deciding where to start my next adventure. I think this decision is even harder early on in the games year as I need to be sure to plan my year out so I keep bringing you fresh content. After some careful consideration I ended up selecting Holland and Ajax, once upon a time Ajax were my favourite club to manage but in recent years I'd fallen out of love with them so it felt right to give them another chance.

306px-Ajax_Amsterdam.svg.png

That brings my opening post to an end and season one of this adventure will follow shortly. It feels bloody good to be posting an opening post again and to be excited about the game so I hope you enjoy this journey as much as I have. 

As always thank you for viewing and any comments are appreciated. Any loan striker predictions?

I'm certain you will have a great career, lasting 10 seasons plus, looking forward to reading it.

Edited by Paul186
1 hour ago, Ashez said:

I also wanted something potentially short

You know it's dangerous to say such thing :D

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

Any loan striker predictions?

Loaning in general limits the striker choice immensely which is why this could be a really tough challenge to complete. Honeslty no idea..maybe one of the guys from your Futsal team? :)

4 hours ago, Paul186 said:

I'm certain you will have a great career, lasting 10 seasons plus, looking forward to reading it.

Yikes! No pressure then! I don't think this challenge has lasted as long as 4 seasons before never mind 10 haha

4 hours ago, PriZe said:

@samhardy you want to follow this... Ready for laughs in 1. 2. 3... :laugh: good luck with failing @Ashez!

No faith in me :(

3 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

You know it's dangerous to say such thing :D

Loaning in general limits the striker choice immensely which is why this could be a really tough challenge to complete. Honeslty no idea..maybe one of the guys from your Futsal team? :)

Nope it's no one from that list haha. I love the fact the challenge limits you while still giving plenty of options and then there is the luck factor of who's available.

2 hours ago, samhardy said:

Been a while since I've been to the circus. Looking forward to this!

Just don't go to the toilet in your seat is all I ask......

2 hours ago, Scott said:

Eredivisie is my league, go back to Portugal :P

The striker will be a someone that no one has heard of before :laugh:

You party inspired my decision tbf ;)

Depends how we you know the lower leagues of........:p

48 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

Great to hear you have your FMM buzz back. I'm looking forward to seeing how you get on in this challenge. 

Thanks Fox :D

Glad to see you back and bringing one of your trademark careers with you.

Good luck it’s a cracking little challenge and will follow with great interest for the 2 seasons it lasts ?

19 minutes ago, Taff said:

Glad to see you back and bringing one of your trademark careers with you.

Good luck it’s a cracking little challenge and will follow with great interest for the 2 seasons it lasts ?

Who put Sam in to Taff :O

24 minutes ago, Aaron55 said:

Looking forward to this :D 

Might need to try it myself at some point.

Thanks Aaron! 

I've really enjoyed what I've player so far :)

Good luck mate, I can't wait to see what gems you uncover. Hopefully you get so,e good luck on loans. I remember last year I had some impossible loan signings, hopefully you have the same luck.

1 hour ago, Real_Random said:

Good luck mate, I can't wait to see what gems you uncover. Hopefully you get so,e good luck on loans. I remember last year I had some impossible loan signings, hopefully you have the same luck.

Oh I got some luck alright!! :D

Also found some appealing players I'll be Iscouting soon. 

Hoping to write part one this evening :)

4 hours ago, JoaK said:

I feel like that challenge is so weird! Let's see how it works! Best of luck :)

Nothing wrong with being quirky lol

Update is 90% written so I'll finish it asap

Can Ashez Lift The Curse Of The Loan Signing?

Season One

Picking Striker One

Once the save was started i decided to sign a striker who was available at the start of the game instead of checking the transfer list regularly. The first reason for this was because I wanted to focus on team building this season and another reason was i didn't want to leave it too late and end up with no options, unfortunately this approach did mean I missed out on big Dom Solanke who I would have loved to use, oh well you live and learn. 

The Striker Reveal

i6fvILK.jpg

Right this is where you think I made a mistake not waiting but if you take a closer look at his stats he's not all that bad. His shooting, heading, movement and physicals are all decent and could improve nicely with intensive training. The doubters among you might think i deliberately picked an average striker to ensure this career lasts at least three seasons and you guys would be correct! The key to this challenge is pacing yourself and showing restraint but let's not write this lad off instantly as he might be a nice hidden gem! 

Transfers

Spoiler

In

psfnHwL.jpg

My first window saw me mainly work on the midfield options as the ones I had weren't suitable for my tactic. Due to the nature of the challenge i didn't have to spend money on striking options and I thought the defence looked serviceable for the first season, however I did treat myself to Luan who turns into an absolute star on this save. 

Out

KDjONSI.jpg

Not much to say as I just cleaned house and got rid of anyone i didn't want or who i received a decent fee for. 

Season Review

T7cwjhA.jpg

Disappointing in Europe but domestically we were fantastic. 

A More Detailed Look

Spoiler

League

wg8iOmQ.jpg

While we walked the league it wasn't as comfortable as it could have been. 

Dutch Cup

6I3R1Jm.jpg

A brace for my main man as we stroll to the victory. 

The Main Event

Striker One

Stats

Ywv7NyI.jpg

He was injured when this image was taken but it's fair to say he didn't improve as I hoped. It's the goals he scored we care about though so let's see how he got on! 

Results

5Vw0Fda.jpg

Well would you look at that! He broke 30 which was a massive surprise and it gives me a sold but attainable target to chase in season two.

Manager Profile + Team Information

Spoiler

Manager Profile

Nr9qKkG.jpg

I'll agree it's not the best but I'm happy with it considering the defence wasn't as good as I hoped, that I couldn't get the midfield right and I was using a poor striker. Hopefully we can improve on this in the coming seasons.

Team AvR

Lo8f6Et.jpg

Just look at Luan! The Brazilian superstar finishes as our top scorer and as the golden boot winner from the AMC position in a season where he stole my heart! I bloody love him! Luan Luan doodoo da doodoo da doodoo!!

That wraps up season one so all I have left to do is thank you for taking the time to view this thread. As always all comments are appreciated. A Premier League striker joins Ajax in season two!!

Challenge History and Future Targets

S1: Exauce Ngassaki - P: 54 S: 33

Great first season there dude and 33 goals with a third tier striker is pretty impressive and leaves the door wide open in season 2, can't wait to see who you bring in for next year

Bogey :P

Well done, perfect start with 33 gls but as mentioned up here, it's not so much the goals to beat but what striker you're going to get your hands on. Still, you'll cruise the first 4-5 seasons.. trouble starts from there on.

4 hours ago, Taff said:

Great first season there dude and 33 goals with a third tier striker is pretty impressive and leaves the door wide open in season 2, can't wait to see who you bring in for next year

Thanks, he did better than I expected but now I'm in an awkward situation for S2. If I risk another poor striker I could miss the target but if I bring a beast in I'm then risking S3! So much depth to this challenge!

3 hours ago, Aaron55 said:

Nice start, I had a feeling that's the player who you were going to choose :P

Looking forward to season 2 :D

Well that's some guess haha

Thanks for keeping my picks secret ;)

3 hours ago, FuddledFox said:

Nice gentle start. I like this challenge because every year we have a new player to meet and I'm looking forward to seeing who is next.

I agree as it does really keep it fresh. As loans are so random it makes each year really exciting as you have no idea who you'll be able to bring in. 

3 hours ago, Paul186 said:

Good start, shame he scored so many might make the end come quicker.

That is the risk in this challenge for sure. 

1 hour ago, samhardy said:

Boooooo!

Not enough focus on the CL playoff knockout imo :P

Blame LFC IIRC 

1 hour ago, Real_Random said:

Great start @Ashez, hopefully there are better options next season though I found that this year there are less great loan signings available compared to last year. KIU

I'm generally really happy with my luck with the next two strikers as you'll see soon. 

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

Bogey :P

Well done, perfect start with 33 gls but as mentioned up here, it's not so much the goals to beat but what striker you're going to get your hands on. Still, you'll cruise the first 4-5 seasons.. trouble starts from there on.

Greed and patients is this challenges biggest hurdle! It's tough to pace yourself with who you use, especially if some big names appear 

14 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Just as a poacher :P

Really? :S I thought the poacher role was so broken that the striker was guaranteed 60+ a season and it didn't matter how bad he was :laugh: