Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games 2018 Vibe Premier League

samhardy

21 minutes ago, Mr.Manager said:

Haha more mind games...?

no mind games here mate :P  This seriously is killing me, for some reason this challenge gives me to much trouble.. Close to giving up for this round :O 

it's going to be a major anticlimax if @BatiGoal and @PriZe play out a draw.

5 minutes ago, Titjes said:

no mind games here mate :P  This seriously is killing me, for some reason this challenge gives me to much trouble.. Close to giving up for this round :O 

Never give up mate. keep fighting to the very end as you may not win but at least you will know you gave it everything you had.

PriZe his predictions

Prem Wk2 Fix.png

@kts365 versus @Acidsparxx

Interesting fixture, KTS is a high hitter, but can he defend? Acid was a surprise last challenge as he got a draw with current nr1 manager @BatiGoal. That being said, i think both are a bit out of their comfort zone an this will be a draw.

@Titjes versus @Mr.Manager

My former opponent did pretty well against me, proving he can score. But he did not score at the right time. Luckily he just needs to score clean sheets. With Mr.Manager being focussed on revenge though i expect a win for Mr.Manager

@FuddledFox versus @samhardy

The nr1 of the league against current CC champion @samhardy. I think @FuddledFox will prove once again he is serious contender but Sam will bounce back from his first round and claim the win.

@Taff versus @Real_Random

Both parties hit extremely high numbers in the first match so this will be an interesting one! But based on my experience with both lads. RR will be the most consistent one and i expect @Taff to bottle it again... so @Real_Random wins this round!

@BatiGoal versus @PriZe

The current Nr 1 manager of Vibe... versus nr 2 on the list. Well what can i say. I am nr: 2 due to my performance against other managers. @BatiGoal is nr 1 because he spams out careers. Defo win for me!

2 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

it's going to be a major anticlimax if @BatiGoal and @PriZe play out a draw.

Never give up mate. keep fighting to the very end as you may not win but at least you will know you gave it everything you had.

0 for giving up or 0 while trying alot (Gonna give it 1 or 2 more shots, but after that i think I won't have enough time to try again) :P Mate, I'm so gonna hate this game after the Vibe Premier League :P 

48 minutes ago, PriZe said:

DAMN haha thanks @samhardy

Chill dude....the best comes to those who bloody wait! ?

Should be done tonight....been a busy boy this week and i have found this week very challenging. ?

3 minutes ago, Titjes said:

trying tactics for 5 matches yes? not allowed?

well the gentlemen's agreement is that you try it once. Not really fair compared to others that start and tweak during the season. Dunno what the host @samhardy thinks off this? 

2 minutes ago, PriZe said:

well the gentlemen's agreement is that you try it once. Not really fair compared to others that start and tweak during the season. Dunno what the host @samhardy thinks off this? 

oh okay, doesn't matter ;) I'll forfait/be disqualified for this round. Lesson learned for next round :) 

Yeah, there's no "official" rule as such of testing within the challenge conditions not being allowed, as there's no way of checking, more of an unwritten rule of one attempt each to keep things fair and there's trust between everyone that that's adhered to.

No need to impose any disqualification as you admitted/accepted the mistake and forfeited the round. At least you know for next week :)

15 minutes ago, Titjes said:

oh okay, doesn't matter ;) I'll forfait/be disqualified for this round. Lesson learned for next round :) 

I wouldnt say thatd be necessary as long as your opponent this week is ok with it.

I have done tactic testing myself but only 1 attempt at the challenge

Ive only made 1 attempt but ive propper dragged it out to get the best out of it i can...i am just not good at getting a team to defend.

Too many years watching King Kev i think.

36 minutes ago, Acidsparxx said:

Ive only made 1 attempt but ive propper dragged it out to get the best out of it i can...i am just not good at getting a team to defend.

Too many years watching King Kev i think.

Ditto mate. On all counts. That said, I will love it if I beat you!

3 hours ago, samhardy said:

5 hours till the deadline @Acidsparxx

Sorry all...my new phone has just arrived! A day late!!

Have my results withing the next 45mins...promise.

4 hours ago, PriZe said:

How long can it take to play 1 season ?

Ive had a shit busy week dude! 

14 minutes ago, Acidsparxx said:

Sorry all...my new phone has just arrived! A day late!!

Have my results withing the next 45mins...promise.

Ive had a shit busy week dude! 

Stalling tactics. Fear of your opponent

Haha....you know me too well ?

Ive been on call this week and ive been playing a few games a night when i can...and trying to spend time with the kids too.

Ive enjoyed this weeks though...

2018 Vibe Premier League - Week 2 (Results)

It's only week two but already there were some important fixtures this week and each game looked a belter on paper. Let's take a look at the results from this week's Defence Spending Budgets challenge from The Netherlands.

In terms of team selection it was much more even than the first round of matches with PSV proving the slightly more popular choice.

kts365 v Acidsparxx

Spoiler

An important fixture for both this one as both managers look to pick up their first points of the season.

Whilst both have a very poor taste in football clubs in reality they both chose to go with PSV for this challenge and the matchup was as close as many would have expected from the outset. kts managed to pick up 26 wins whilst Acid picked up 34 to take the early advantage.

However the big points were for clean sheets this week and a poor 15 from Acid opened the door for kts who picked up 2 more than that to close the gap. A very tight affair and both managers take a point from this fixture.

Result - kts365 1-1 Acidsparxx

Titjes v Mr.Manager

Spoiler

There were unfortunate circumstances regarding Titjes forfeiting from this round meaning he failed to submit a score and losing a point for the lowest score. However, that doesn't take anything away from a fantastic performance from his opponent this week as he romped to victory.

Again PSV the choice of club for Mr.M and he secured an impressive unbeaten league campaign which helped him on his way to 48 wins in all competitions.

If this wasn't enough then throw in 35 clean sheets to give him a grand total of 153 and one of the best performances of the week. Not quite enough for the bonus point in the league but still a great way to bounce back from last week.

Result - Titjes 0-4 Mr.Manager

FuddledFox v samhardy

Spoiler

I took on the early table topper Foxy in this fixture and it was another tight game. Both of us chose Ajax here but what were the scores and who came out on top?

Foxy had 34 wins in all competitions to my 50 but it's the clean sheets that count and I secured a decent 32 but a chance for my opponent to pull some ground back. Unfortunately for him he only managed 24 clean sheets.

I take the win but another pretty close matchup.

Result - FuddledFox 2-3 samhardy

Taff v Real_Random

Spoiler

This is an old rivalry that has dated back almost a couple of years now however this one wasn't as explosive as maybe a few people would have expected. Taff went with PSV whilst RR elected for Ajax.

For their standards neither manager won as many games as they would have liked with it only going 34-27 in favour of the Welshman. Not great however RR's disappointment continued with him only managing to notch 16 clean sheets to an also underperforming Taff's 24.

A scrappy win for Taff but they all count as his strong start to this VPL continues. He goes 2nd in the table.

Result - Taff 2-0 Real_Random

BatiGoal v PriZe

Spoiler

The one everyone will be looking out for as this Dutch dust-up result is finally revealed. Contrasting starts for both but every game is different so let's have a look what happened. As expected, both went for their favourite teams, PriZe with Ajax and BG with PSV.

It was a great match as expected! Huge amount of wins from both. 50 from the Panda whilst Bati went one better with 51 and it's the No.1 ranked manager who holds the narrowest of leads going into the clean sheets.

40 from PriZe... The most we've seen so far. Can BG match that and take the win??

No!!

He managed 33 clean sheets. Just 1 more and he would have beaten Mr.M's score on a league points tie-break and got a draw from this game. Heartbreaking stuff as he falls one clean sheet short of a draw and now finds himself in a battle to avoid elimination! Unthinkable stuff.

Great for PriZe though as not only does he take the win but also the bonus point for the highest score of the week.

Result - BatiGoal 3-4 PriZe

Scorelist in full:

Spoiler

PriZe - 170
Mr.Manager - 153
BatiGoal - 150
samhardy - 146
FuddledFox - 109
Taff - 106
Acidsparxx - 79
kts365 - 77
Real_Random - 75
Titjes - 0

And this is how the league table looks after the second week: (Note - @BatiGoal and @kts365 both have the same points, GD and goals scored so total points from the two challenges combined was used next.)

league table Wk2.png