Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games 2018 Vibe Premier League

samhardy

6 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Update

Just @Real_Random and @Acidsparxx left to submit and just over an hour to go. Acid is literally eliminating himself if he doesn't submit! Drama in the VPL!!

?I've had it with this weeks challenge. I just cant get anything going with this update. I need more time to test to see how its running. So i am regretfully pulling out of this weeks fixture.

Sorry guys....its been frustrating as hell.

I haven't finished yet and i have only won 2 out of the 12 games i have played. No point in finishing it.

I have right copped out!

It was an awesome challenge too but the update has just screwed me over.

Here's to elimination....it has been fun.

54 minutes ago, Acidsparxx said:

?I've had it with this weeks challenge. I just cant get anything going with this update. I need more time to test to see how its running. So i am regretfully pulling out of this weeks fixture.

Sorry guys....its been frustrating as hell.

I haven't finished yet and i have only won 2 out of the 12 games i have played. No point in finishing it.

I have right copped out!

It was an awesome challenge too but the update has just screwed me over.

Here's to elimination....it has been fun.

Well I got lucky then :O I screwed up big time :P 

3 minutes ago, Titjes said:

Well I got lucky then :O I screwed up big time :P 

I have just not had the time to suss out the update. The tactic i was going to use just didnt work at all.

Congrats mate....?

I have a weekend away so i'm going to spend the hours testing(relentlessly)!

1 minute ago, Acidsparxx said:

I have just not had the time to suss out the update. The tactic i was going to use just didnt work at all.

Congrats mate....?

thanks ;) I'd rather won "fair" then like this though :O To bad your tactic didn't work :( 

10 minutes ago, Acidsparxx said:

Congrats mate....?

You're going to absolutely kick yourself when you see the results!!

18 minutes ago, samhardy said:

You're going to absolutely kick yourself when you see the results!!

Probably mate.....lol never mind!

24 minutes ago, PriZe said:

The drama :O

The challenge was top notch, this update is really bad. Atleast it has been for me, i'm going to completely start from scratch.

I'm eliminated now but i think i have one more challenge before im booted off.

I also didn't make the deadline unfortunately, after not having wifi or the game for two days I came back, finished the challenge and tried to upload but got an error

1 minute ago, Real_Random said:

I also didn't make the deadline unfortunately, after not having wifi or the game for two days I came back, finished the challenge and tried to upload but got an error

No worries mate as long as you're staying in the competition :P

Slight delay posting the results as I got my numbers wrong but should be up before 9.

4 minutes ago, samhardy said:

No worries mate as long as you're staying in the competition :P

Slight delay posting the results as I got my numbers wrong but should be up before 9.

Your no Vorderman dude! :laugh:

2018 Vibe Premier League - Week 5 (Results)

Welcome to the results for judgement week! The challenge just gone was the last for one of our remaining 9 managers, but which one? Aside from the battle at the bottom there were more interesting fixtures to look forward to. Unfortunately we had a no-show this week in @Real_Random whereas @Acidsparxx decided to surrender to the latest update!

Let's take a look at the results. Remember @FuddledFox was awarded a 3-0 victory after @BatiGoal pulled out.

Real_Random v Mr.Manager

Spoiler

As previously mentioned RR missed the deadline this week for whatever reason so let's just hope to see him back from next week. He lies in 7th place after 5 weeks and his win in the first week was enough to see him through to the second phase of this competition.

Mr.M sensibly selected Sunderland as his first choice of team and guided them to 13 wins from a possible 15 securing 40 points in the process. Port Vale were the team he went to in part 2 and picked up another 31 points finishing on a respectable 71. Mr.M now lies in 5th and is breathing down the neck of those in the play-off positions.

Result - Real_Random 0-2 Mr.Manager

Taff v PriZe

Spoiler

3rd v 1st in the table and a bit of a spicy affair given the rivalry the bunny and the panda have cooked up in the past. We had a bit of a carry on with PriZe's results after some screenshot failures first time around forced me to ask him to start again. Part of me now wishes I'd just accepted the first set of results as that scored him 81 whereas his second attempt a whopping 85! Only 2 draws from his 29 games sees the Panda take home another bonus point. Koln to Manchester City was his route.

... But it wasn't enough to get the win over Taff! He just scraped over the line to pick up a draw here. West Brom were his first choice of team and after collecting 38 points there he coincidentally went to Crewe which was the exact path I gave in my example! Anyway 34 points with Crewe later got Taff to 72, 13 behind his opponent but just enough to secure a point.

Result - Taff 3-3 PriZe

samhardy v kts365

Spoiler

Onto the first match that affects the battle at the bottom now and kts knew that this could be his last week. He needed to pick up a result in this match or hope that the other result went his way.

kts surprisingly made the wise move of starting on Wearside whilst I, perhaps even more surprisingly decided against using my team and instead called upon my past experience and went to Italy and Benevento. I led The Witches to 13 wins out of 15 with 1 draw and 1 loss whereas kts led Sunderland to 12 victories. He then inexplicably moved from Sunderland to Newcastle :O and got 28 more points there finishing on 66.

I meanwhile struck a bit lucky and was called upon by Borussia Dortmund who were struggling in 14th when I joined. In my 13 games there I led them to 10 wins, a draw and 2 defeats finishing on 71 and narrowly taking the win. kts now needs the result in the final game to go his way if he is to survive.

Result - samhardy 2-1 kts365

Acidsparxx v Titjes

Spoiler

This crunch match turned out to be one of the worst in vibe history but who cares about the quality it's all about the points collected! Getting straight into it both knew that a win would see them safe and after kts' defeat Acid would have been safe if he simply avoided having the lowest score of the round. Out of all the teams sitting bottom of their respective divisions Titjes elected to go with Stoke, yes that's Stoke City who currently sit 19th in the Premier League!

Disaster straight from the off as he immediately sacrifices every point he won in the first part of the challenge. Thankfully for the Belgian this challenge was split into two parts meaning the second part was completely separate and he secured 14 valid points at Mainz in the second part to at least get something on the board.

All this meant that Acid needed 15 points... Just 15, 5 wins to take the win and comfortably survive but he didn't submit! Unbelievably the update delivers a 5th round knockout of Acid and Titjes takes the win to compete the great escape! From looking almost certain to be eliminated 2 weeks ago he now finds himself in 6th place just 5 points off the playoffs!

But that wasn't the end of the drama, Acid not submitting meant he lost a point for being the lowest scorer alongside RR so joined kts on 1 point and both had the same goal difference of -3!

Onto goals scored now to see who is eliminated in the most heart-breaking style.

In the 5 weeks gone Acid has scored 3 "goals" to kts' 9 meaning it's kts who we will be seeing in the second phase of this tournament whereas Acid will be kicking himself.

Result - Acidsparxx 0-1 Titjes

Scorelist in full:

Spoiler

PriZe - 85
Taff - 72
samhardy - 71
Mr.Manager - 71
kts365 - 66
Titjes - 14
Acidsparxx - 0
Real_Random - 0

And here's the table after 5 weeks. From 10 managers there's now 8 remaining, no elimination to worry about just fighting for those all important top 4 play-off spots!

league table Wk5.png

I'll be posting the fixtures for the remaining 4 game weeks tomorrow :)

Consider myself ass kicked!!

To be honest i did finish the challenge just to see how i finished...i hot 4 wins total.

Absolute pants. Lol.

@samhardy thanks for the invite into the 1st VPL and hopefully i can be in a position next season to compete again.

Good luck to all and i will be following till the end. ?

10 minutes ago, Titjes said:

Indeed worst match in history :O

I hope I can redeem myself somewhat in the next rounds ;)

Your Stoke blunder was one of the most spectacular I've seen in all my days hosting these events :P

9 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Your Stoke blunder was one of the most spectacular I've seen in all my days hosting these events :P

Yeah what happened there? To be honest i'm glad @Titjes picked Stoke and did crap with them....i hate Stoke!!

18 minutes ago, Real_Random said:

Interesting choices of teams, I personally went with Wellington Phoenix and then got a lower league job

I thought about it. But sunderland against sam was something i wasnt passing up. Remind him how shite his team is

39 minutes ago, kts365 said:

I thought about it. But sunderland against sam was something i wasnt passing up. Remind him how shite his team is

Less of that I did you a favour this week, if I'd scored 2 more points you'd be gone :P

2 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Less of that I did you a favour this week, if I'd scored 2 more points you'd be gone :P

Good job i made the best of a poor team then. Twice.

2nd best score but still just enough to grab a draw with the panda

Spoiler

Although I’m slightly confused by the draw rather than a loss but I’ll take it ?

Well done again @PriZe huge scores once again dude (can’t believe you ended up at Man City you jammy bugger)

9 hours ago, samhardy said:

9 hours ago, Acidsparxx said:

Yeah what happened there? To be honest i'm glad @Titjes picked Stoke and did crap with them....i hate Stoke!!

Should have read the instructions better :O With being fast, I was thinking "just a team in relegation place" so picked one fast and played the matches quickly as I was already almost to late :O 

Here are the fixtures for the rest of the league. The way elimination went means there are a few matches against people you've already played but this was all luck of the draw and there was no way around it.

Premier league fixtures Wk6.png

Premier league fixtures Wk7.png

Premier league fixtures Wk8.png

Premier league fixtures Wk9.png

2 hours ago, samhardy said:

Here are the fixtures for the rest of the league. The way elimination went means there are a few matches against people you've already played but this was all luck of the draw and there was no way around it.

Premier league fixtures Wk7.png

Premier league fixtures Wk8.png

Premier league fixtures Wk9.png

The weak have been expunged and the elite remain!

Who will triumph? I'm looking forward to watching from afar...good luck guys ?

Week 6 - Challenge

Turkish Delight

Phase two of the VPL begins and there's just 4 weeks remaining to find out which 4 managers out of the remaining 8 will be qualifying for the semi finals of this competition. Week 6 sees us head to Turkey in what is a full season challenge but a shorter one than most major leagues with 34 games being played.

Reminder of this week's fixtures:

Spoiler

225px-S%25C3%25BCper_Lig_logo.svg.png&ke

Not quite as complicated as last week's challenge and I've took inspiration from one of the ones from my Augusta National Golf Club challenge  as I feel the format of that particular challenge suits this competition perfectly.

The Team

Let's get this out of the way first - You can take charge of any of the newly promoted clubs to Turkey's top tier. That's:

• Sivasspor
  • Yeni Malatyaspor
  • Göztepe

To clear things up Stoke can't be used in this challenge @Titjes :P

The Challenge

Unlike many European leagues, there is no "split" that takes place in Turkey part way through the season. However for the purpose of this challenge that "split" will be happening exactly halfway through the season - 17 games.

Your first task will be to select a striker from your chosen club. This striker must already be at the club when you take charge however any other transfers are allowed. You must get your striker as many goals as possible during the first 17 games of the season, however you'll have to think carefully about how you go about this.

The amount of goals your striker scores during the first half (17 games) of the season will count as your number of points for this challenge. But, they will only count if you can beat that number in the second 17 games of the season. Failure to do so = 0 points.

Example - First 17 games - Striker scores 25. Second 17 games - Striker scores 26 or more = 25 points scored.

First 17 games - Striker scores 25. Second 17 games - Striker scores 25 or less = 0 points scored.

Your total league points will also count as points in this challenge however they will be halved to stop them becoming too overpowering.

Points from striker goals + half your league points.

Clarifications

• As not everyone will have updated please make sure you use the original database when setting up your save.
  • Your chosen striker must be already at the club when you start.
  • Any other transfers are allowed.
  • League games only.

Full season so you have a week to do this one.

Good luck

Deadline - Sunday 25th March 5PM BST (Remember clocks go forward!!)

Rules and screenshots required

Spoiler
  • Enhanced match engine only
  • Own tactics only
  • No unlockables, IGE or outside software
  • SI approved databases only
  • No holidaying or reloading
  • Evidence via screenshots will be required
  • Failure to meet the deadline will equal 0 points - no extensions
  • If you fall under any suspicion you will be asked to submit your save for inspection. Failure to do so will result in immediate ejection from the competition.
  • And the most important rule - have fun :)

Screenshots Required

• Manager profile
  • League table after 17 games + end of season
  • Your chosen striker's attributes
  • Your chosen striker's goals after 17 league games + end of season
  • Squad list in order of appearances