Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic International Football

Gunners Rishi

4 minutes ago, Aaron Thornton said:

So gutted we lost that. Skriniar OG made us dream, but we conceded two very sloppy goals. 😩

Screenshot_20201112_224146_eu.livesport.FlashScores_co_uk.thumb.jpg.c4c8a6a4de1fe84cf104bf06872f576d.jpg

Fair play to Scotland though. 

And on a side note Skriniar reminds me so much of Vidic it's scary. 

Gutted for you mate, when I was out in France for Euro 2016, made a few friends from Northern Ireland, some good laughs between us all!

21 minutes ago, RichD said:

Gutted for you mate, when I was out in France for Euro 2016, made a few friends from Northern Ireland, some good laughs between us all!

We know how to party 😂, well except me, I'm definitely more a pub guy than a nightclub guy, but I'm devastated we couldn't make it to the Euros again

We were allowed fans in at a reduced capacity which was brilliant, so maybe English football could ease up and as the hashtag goes #letfansin

Edited by Aaron Thornton
On 24/03/2019 at 22:15, iKyleee x DSoW said:

Scotland has been the same for years now..  Ruining every managers career, majority play with Celtic, certain players picking & choosing when they play(not wanna risk an injury & miss another Auld Firm)....   And to top it all off Callum Paterson as the #9...

Somebody tell me why Eamonn Brophy and Ryan Jack hasnt been called-up?

Scotland have to be realistic with the talent they have. First they need a system where they can play their best players which are all defensive players. I'm thinking a back 5. 

1 hour ago, Jojo78 said:

Scotland have to be realistic with the talent they have. First they need a system where they can play their best players which are all defensive players. I'm thinking a back 5. 

They do play a back 5. McLaren uses McTominay as a right CB and honestly I don't think he suits the role at all, he's been caught out by crosses multiple times in Scotlands last few games

32 minutes ago, Aaron Thornton said:

They do play a back 5. McLaren uses McTominay as a right CB and honestly I don't think he suits the role at all, he's been caught out by crosses multiple times in Scotlands last few games

Steve Clark not McLaren! Think McTominay is being deployed at RCB because he's a Man United player and a big name for us. We as a nation don't think he should be playing there rather in midfield but it's working at the moment. 

1 hour ago, ScottishFMM said:

Steve Clark not McLaren! Think McTominay is being deployed at RCB because he's a Man United player and a big name for us. We as a nation don't think he should be playing there rather in midfield but it's working at the moment. 

Yes I meant Clarke 😂😂 I've mixed those two up for years so I'm not surprised I done it again. 

But on McTominay, he's a warrior and very passionate every game whether its in a Man U shirt or Scotland shirt. He's done OK at CB, but for Scotland to get the best out of him they need to play him in midfield, alongside Jack and McGregor they'd make a solid midfield 3

6 minutes ago, Aaron Thornton said:

Yes I meant Clarke 😂😂 I've mixed those two up for years so I'm not surprised I done it again. 

But on McTominay, he's a warrior and very passionate every game whether its in a Man U shirt or Scotland shirt. He's done OK at CB, but for Scotland to get the best out of him they need to play him in midfield, alongside Jack and McGregor they'd make a solid midfield 3

I have no doubt he’ll be a star for us in a midfield but you can’t take John McGinn out a midfield 3 so Clarke has a conundrum when I comes to the midfield trio.

3 minutes ago, ScottishFMM said:

I have no doubt he’ll be a star for us in a midfield but you can’t take John McGinn out a midfield 3 so Clarke has a conundrum when I comes to the midfield trio.

Agreed, but doesn't he only play 2 in midfield atm

1 hour ago, Aaron Thornton said:

Agreed, but doesn't he only play 2 in midfield atm

It’s adaptable, mcginn basically starts out left and drops into CAM when needs be.

3 hours ago, Aaron Thornton said:

It should be Robo at LWB, Tierney at LCB, Grant Hanley from Norwich, Liam Cooper at RCB and RWB is a little hard to get a hold on but nobody can convince me that playing McTominay is better than McKenna or Hanley.

Just now, Jojo78 said:

It should be Robo at LWB, Tierney at LCB, Grant Hanley from Norwich, Liam Cooper at RCB and RWB is a little hard to get a hold on but nobody can convince me that playing McTominay is better than McKenna or Hanley.

Grant Hanley would never be in my starting 11, Declan Gallagher with Cooper and Tierney as a trio of CB’s is probably our best set up, With McKenna pushing for a start instead of Coops

45 minutes ago, Jojo78 said:

Hanley 🤮 he's terrible, purely because of FMM I'd love to see McKenna in there though

1 hour ago, ScottishFMM said:

All from Semi professional outfit Queen’s Park👍🏻

That is bonkers.

9 minutes ago, Aaron Thornton said:

Maybe an idea for a challenge on the new game 🤷‍♂️

Cracking idea!

What do you English lot think of Gareth Southgate's team selection? I can’t believe he’s gone with 7 defensive players, seems crazy to me.

On a good note, Wales beat Republic of Ireland, putting us top😁

24 minutes ago, RichD said:

What do you English lot think of Gareth Southgate's team selection? I can’t believe he’s gone with 7 defensive players, seems crazy to me.

On a good note, Wales beat Republic of Ireland, putting us top😁

We have the players to suit a wonderful 4-3-3, but he continues with this silly 3-4-3 and it makes me so angry I can’t talk about it anymo-...

17 minutes ago, Rob said:

We have the players to suit a wonderful 4-3-3, but he continues with this silly 3-4-3 and it makes me so angry I can’t talk about it anymo-...

Got to agree, your players are set up for success in a 433, he needs to drop Pickford and Declan Rice for the euros if you want to win the tournament. If Rice is still ‘Irish’ he’s no worth any more than 10 million and we’ll Pickford speaks for itself really.

Opinions time! 

I aswell as quite a few people on here and the broader stage are baffled at Southgates reluctance to play anything other than a 3-4-3, with the players he has available, surely Gareth can be a bit more expansive. 

Screenshot_20201116_004245.thumb.jpg.f54d5dea61065048c7a1b90fd92206b6.jpg

That for me is currently England's best team, Pope over Pickford for me, you still have the two screeners in midfield, but an extra man up top. 

England looked good for large parts of that Belgium game, but the system doesn't allow them to create many meaningful chances. 

What would be your ideal England XI and what formation?

6 hours ago, Aaron Thornton said:

Opinions time! 

I aswell as quite a few people on here and the broader stage are baffled at Southgates reluctance to play anything other than a 3-4-3, with the players he has available, surely Gareth can be a bit more expansive. 

Screenshot_20201116_004245.thumb.jpg.f54d5dea61065048c7a1b90fd92206b6.jpg

That for me is currently England's best team, Pope over Pickford for me, you still have the two screeners in midfield, but an extra man up top. 

England looked good for large parts of that Belgium game, but the system doesn't allow them to create many meaningful chances. 

What would be your ideal England XI and what formation?

That’s a fair team. I would have Dier In defence and a different central midfielder. I guess you just flex the personnel depending on opposition.

28 minutes ago, Jsavfc said:

Are we finally all in agreement that Grealish is actually rather good now?!

I think most of us on here already thought that! Sadly it is the manager of England that doesn’t agree 🤣

7 minutes ago, Rob said:

I think most of us on here already thought that! Sadly it is the manager of England that doesn’t agree 🤣

Until this season I always thought he Grealish was just flicks and tricks. But now that Villa have brought in Watkins and Barkley, he actually has a chance to show real skill instead of having to dribble through 3 defenders just to attempt any kind of shot.

40 minutes ago, Jsavfc said:

Are we finally all in agreement that Grealish is actually rather good now?!

I think we all agreed anyway he is class, Big fan of his, shame he’s not Welsh 👀

24 minutes ago, Jojo78 said:

Until this season I always thought he Grealish was just flicks and tricks. But now that Villa have brought in Watkins and Barkley, he actually has a chance to show real skill instead of having to dribble through 3 defenders just to attempt any kind of shot.

I will admit, watching him every week, there is just one part of his game (well two actually) id like him to try and improve, passing the ball on a bit quicker (sometimes, there is no need to try and take on the whole opposition?!) and shoot abit earlier, sometimes he can try and do a little too much if that makes sense