Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic International Football

Gunners Rishi

International Football

Just talk about all things international Football here whether it’s Germany being terrible or England going to win the Euros (🤣) also talk about football outside of Europe (we’ve got English football and European football chats). 

And yeah thats it tbh

Thought I'd get the ball rolling on this thread.

So, as you can see I am Irish. Ireland have a decent draw (compared to what we could have got), we've got Big Mick McCarthy at the wheel again. Hopefully we can take 6 points from our first 2 games against Gibraltar and Georgia and we push on from there. The whole country just wants revenge against the Danes this time around. Big Mick also has unfinished business against the Swiss. Many experts have us written to finish 3rd and fail to qualify, but I honestly think we may pull off a huge shock.

Meanwhile, I am grateful that I am not Scottish 😂 International football truly is a fascinating experience.

3 hours ago, ManLikeRobbieBrady said:

Thought I'd get the ball rolling on this thread.

So, as you can see I am Irish. Ireland have a decent draw (compared to what we could have got), we've got Big Mick McCarthy at the wheel again. Hopefully we can take 6 points from our first 2 games against Gibraltar and Georgia and we push on from there. The whole country just wants revenge against the Danes this time around. Big Mick also has unfinished business against the Swiss. Many experts have us written to finish 3rd and fail to qualify, but I honestly think we may pull off a huge shock.

Meanwhile, I am grateful that I am not Scottish 😂 International football truly is a fascinating experience.

Thanks and I’m grateful that I’m English. Watching NI and Scotland suffer is a patriotic moment. 

Wales and Ireland I have for tho tbh but that match vs Trinidad and Tobago was disappointing 

1 hour ago, Gunners Rishi said:

Thanks and I’m grateful that I’m English. Watching NI and Scotland suffer is a patriotic moment. 

Wales and Ireland I have for tho tbh but that match vs Trinidad and Tobago was disappointing 

Ah I never like seeing the North fail. I always felt sorry for them back when they were bang average. 

Yeah Wales vs Trinidad was a very disappointing match, but Wales should still qualify. 

I'm glad someone has hope for Ireland because quite frankly nobody in the country does 😂 

I'm here to say that Scotland should consider giving me the job :)

I mean I did being them to the 2026 World Cup in my Queen's Park career...

But seriously though, Scotland can play so much better than this...they have the potential. 

1 hour ago, RPA123456 said:

I'm here to say that Scotland should consider giving me the job :)

I mean I did being them to the 2026 World Cup in my Queen's Park career...

But seriously though, Scotland can play so much better than this...they have the potential. 

The were without Robertson and their back up LB who are pretty much 2 of their best players

1 hour ago, Neddy said:

The were without Robertson and their back up LB who are pretty much 2 of their best players

Doesn't mean you just lose 3 nil to the country Borat's from though. 

And despite losing Robertson and Tierney, they still had a very solid midfield. It's not like the whole team other than those two were shit... 

Edited by RPA123456

Embarrassing isn’t a strong enough word for the Scotland result, our Rugby team would have probably got a better result than that. I don’t care who was missing from the team we should be beating teams like Kazakhstan.  San Marino will be right up for beating us after watching that. 

Well, we scraped past a team of plumbers. I want to say three points is three points, given that the wind was insanely bad and it was on an artificial pitch. However. I feel that we could've done more.

We played a 4-4-fucking-2 which was surprising seeing as domestically in Ireland atm the 4231 is the way to go.

Oh and the CEO of the Irish FA has literally just resigned for some reason. Football on the Emerald Isle is eventful to say the least.

Hey, at least we didn't embarrass ourselves, isn't that right Scotland? 😉

30 minutes ago, ManLikeRobbieBrady said:

Well, we scraped past a team of plumbers. I want to say three points is three points, given that the wind was insanely bad and it was on an artificial pitch. However. I feel that we could've done more.

We played a 4-4-fucking-2 which was surprising seeing as domestically in Ireland atm the 4231 is the way to go.

Oh and the CEO of the Irish FA has literally just resigned for some reason. Football on the Emerald Isle is eventful to say the least.

Hey, at least we didn't embarrass ourselves, isn't that right Scotland? 😉

😂 

Giggsy had a dream!

To save the national team!

Weve got no strikers so we play with 5 at the back, 5 at the back!

With Bale in attack, with Bale in attack!!

Watch out Europe, we’re on our way back!

3 hours ago, Nucleus said:

Well according to you lot a semi final is worth celebrating about so technically we have been there 😛

😂 I’m staying neutral (for once).

respect giggs good manager wales have a good squad with some FMM beasts (Dasilva, Wilson, Woodburn) and Bale and 5 at the back so yh

Scotland has been the same for years now..  Ruining every managers career, majority play with Celtic, certain players picking & choosing when they play(not wanna risk an injury & miss another Auld Firm)....   And to top it all off Callum Paterson as the #9...

Somebody tell me why Eamonn Brophy and Ryan Jack hasnt been called-up?

Oh my were Belgium just average or what? I mean, only winning 3-1 to Russia and 0-2 against Cyprus. Man, how hard is life, right? :D 

30 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Really don't like the way McLeish is going at Scotland as if he gets the boot then Jack Ross is right at the top of their list isn't he.

Why would he leave Sunderland for the Scotland job though?!?

3 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Why would he leave Sunderland for the Scotland job though?!?

He said at the start of the season his goal in management was to become the Scotland manager 😱

5 minutes ago, samhardy said:

He said at the start of the season his goal in management was to become the Scotland manager 😱

Not yet though bud...he is in his early stages of his career. In another 5 years or so maybe.

My money is on Steve Clarke.

Ikr

2 hours ago, Neddy said:

Btw Sterling is on fire! Great display against Czech

Sterling’s been on fire for a year now. Top player, good guy and now the media have stopped targeting him, life looks good.

however... I don’t think Sterling was that racially abused by the press. He was and I love how he’s stood up for it and fought Racism, but the truth is he’d still have got stick if he was white a few years ago. Now it’s different tho and I’m not going to go into it. Please don’t get offended just my opinion

12 hours ago, ManLikeRobbieBrady said:

oh yeahhhhhhh up the Montenegro!

That's what I call Pulis-ball!

EDIT: Montenegro are bottlers.

😂 

added 0 minutes later
14 hours ago, Gunners Rishi said:

Ikr

Sterling’s been on fire for a year now. Top player, good guy and now the media have stopped targeting him, life looks good.

however... I don’t think Sterling was that racially abused by the press. He was and I love how he’s stood up for it and fought Racism, but the truth is he’d still have got stick if he was white a few years ago. Now it’s different tho and I’m not going to go into it. Please don’t get offended just my opinion

Montenegro literally just made me eat my words, disgusting abuse

2 hours ago, Gunners Rishi said:

😂

added 0 minutes later

Montenegro literally just made me eat my words, disgusting abuse

There you go