Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Latest Update.

Hey guys what's up! 

I know I've not been around recently, but this new update that came out has my interest piqued. 

Is it good? Is it good enough that I can finally enjoy the game again? All my passion for this game got sucked dry by that winter update(which was why I stopped posting here). Will this new update be able to bring back some of that passion? 

I really really want to get back to playing again and I want to bring my 1.5k challenge to an end. 

I usually rotate a lot regardless but even so I'm on the latest update and hardly had any issues with player fitness at all in my VWC save. Doubt it's been reset back to what it was in the vanilla version but you don't have to rest your players every other match now, from my experience anyway.

6 minutes ago, samhardy said:

I usually rotate a lot regardless but even so I'm on the latest update and hardly had any issues with player fitness at all in my VWC save. Doubt it's been reset back to what it was in the vanilla version but you don't have to rest your players every other match now, from my experience anyway.

But on your VWC save you are mostly playing weekend to weekend so it would’ve interesting to hear from someone who is playing with a club that has a more hectic schedule.

yep was gonna say similar, i've played about 10-15 games now and not noticed it really, but certainly not having fitness issues (but then i was always saying it wasn't a big deal anyway). actually, to be fair, at the moment i'm sticking to a fairly consistent XI, so yeah i guess it's going fine - although the Scottish lower leagues don't seem to be too intense with fixture congestion either.

Edited by Mr Tree
18 minutes ago, Foxy said:

But on your VWC save you are mostly playing weekend to weekend so it would’ve interesting to hear from someone who is playing with a club that has a more hectic schedule.

That didn’t seem to stop it before!

No update for me yet :@. So I'd like to take this opportunity to kindly remind SI about Amazon store and to check they've flicked that switch 😂😂😂😂

17 minutes ago, Ashez said:

No update for me yet :@. So I'd like to take this opportunity to kindly remind SI about Amazon store and to check they've flicked that switch 😂😂😂😂

It is in the queue with Amazon already, so it should just be a matter of time there 🙂 

Played out half a season last night with Ajax in a new save and the game is still an utter mess. Conditioning actually seemed a little worse to me than 10.2.2 and its still full of bugs. The bug with players complaining after being rested for one game has been fixed but transfers are in the biggest mess I’ve ever seen. Half the players I’ve sold or loaned out happened without me getting a say in it and half my new signings it acted like the new signing was just renewing their contract with me. I had 2 £30+ mil signing and the day they joined my club the game acted like they’d just renewed their contract with me and another free transfer I offered a contract to on jan 1st coz he had 6 months left on his contract but he immediately signed for my club via what looked like a standard contract renewal. Also, the bug where players are unavailable due to international call ups is as bad as ever. 3 games so far in 6 months most of my team are missing due to call ups.

honestly, if I had to guess, I’d say they’ve just rolled the game back to one of the updates in between the first winter update and the last. 10.2.1 maybe.

More unplayable than ever now and I’m sooooooooo disappointed. We all waited so long for THIS?! I’ve officially lost all faith in their ability to develop this game now.

Played the new update a bit and not really noticed much change with fitness but I haven’t played enough to come to a full conclusion and I have found it playable on the recent update before this anyway.

I think I’m finding it easier to get a few bigger wins though but that could just be that my team has really come of age or the tactic I’m using which I haven’t changed suits whatever changes have been made.

Also the first test a did on it was to open a test save that was in the middle of a season and it was horrible on that and like the original winter update so I think maybe you need to move onto a new season for to get it working properly if that makes any sense.

25 minutes ago, 1759 said:

I think I’m finding it easier to get a few bigger wins though

I’m finding the opposite tbh. The tactic I’ve been working on for weeks and was probably the best I’d ever tried is useless now. Constantly conceding from the oppositions one shot on target. Back to randomly guessing new tactics till I stumble onto something that works again then ....until their next update ofc 🤦🏼‍♂️

2 hours ago, 1759 said:

you need to move onto a new season for to get it working properly if that makes any sense.

Yes if you want to test new fitness conditions then you have to start a new save. 

I also tried new update on an ongoing save in the middle of the season and was unable to spot any difference. But now i started a new save with PSG and i can spot the difference. In new update fitness conditions are little better than winter update. During hectic schedule my players are doing slightly well and they are playing 2 full matches regular without dropping their fitness below 95%. (striker, after regular two full ninety minutes matches his fitness is around 92%)

Some transfer bugs are still there but their is definitely some improvement in fitness conditions.

Edited by Ran7777
19 hours ago, LenTheWelsh said:

Played out half a season last night with Ajax in a new save and the game is still an utter mess. Conditioning actually seemed a little worse to me than 10.2.2 and its still full of bugs. The bug with players complaining after being rested for one game has been fixed but transfers are in the biggest mess I’ve ever seen. Half the players I’ve sold or loaned out happened without me getting a say in it and half my new signings it acted like the new signing was just renewing their contract with me. I had 2 £30+ mil signing and the day they joined my club the game acted like they’d just renewed their contract with me and another free transfer I offered a contract to on jan 1st coz he had 6 months left on his contract but he immediately signed for my club via what looked like a standard contract renewal. Also, the bug where players are unavailable due to international call ups is as bad as ever. 3 games so far in 6 months most of my team are missing due to call ups.

honestly, if I had to guess, I’d say they’ve just rolled the game back to one of the updates in between the first winter update and the last. 10.2.1 maybe.

More unplayable than ever now and I’m sooooooooo disappointed. We all waited so long for THIS?! I’ve officially lost all faith in their ability to develop this game now.

Some evidence of the "new signing appears like a contract renewal" thing here:

Screenshot_20190522-212816_FM 2019 Mobile.jpg

Ive played the update now. Fitness is loads better as im playing the same eleven on a more 'realistic' consistant basis.

My issue with this one is AI shooting from anywhere and scoring worldies for fun. Seems keepers are shit still.

😅😅😅 And 2nd half AI comebacks is even worse. 

Lets just say the games fucked and gived up moaning about it now...whats the point!

I've not played it but judging on what I'm reading I don't recall ever, and I mean ever hearing about FMM being this bad at this time of year. Typically the January update in March was the last of the year with maybe one or two more small patches then that was it. By the sounds of this we're gunna need patches into June or the games going to be dead for months :o. 

After the backlash of the March update I just don't understand fiddling, you'd think they'd fix the one big issue and walk away. Yet it appears something's have been changed with the database, tactics, potentially the engine and transfers, it's interesting that's for sure. 

That leads me to two theories, one positive and one negative 

1. If they're trying to cram this much ground work into patches maybe 2020 will be big? 

2. However with so much time needed to be spent on 2019 still may be 2020 will suffer?

Toss a coin lads 😂

I've been waiting in hope for this update for weeks so I'll try it out later. 

Pure speculation this and no doubt not the case but...

Maybe these updates are a thing that will become regular because maybe they are planning to move to a subscription model like many apps use nowadays. Say £1 a month with updates rolled out as they are ready through the year with bigger DB and new feature updates in Nov/Feb.

Just a thought I had the other day.

interesting both. seems i picked the wrong year to dive into this! 🤦‍♂️

hope 2020 sees a return to form. i'm still hopelessly addicted anyway :D

2 hours ago, Mr Tree said:

Some evidence of the "new signing appears like a contract renewal" thing here:

Screenshot_20190522-212816_FM 2019 Mobile.jpg

Did you offer this player a contract when their deal with Hearts was expiring or did you just sign him normally? 

2 minutes ago, Angelos Antoniades said:

Did you offer this player a contract when their deal with Hearts was expiring or did you just sign him normally? 

just a normal signing

6 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

interesting both. seems i picked the wrong year to dive into this! 🤦‍♂️

hope 2020 sees a return to form. i'm still hopelessly addicted anyway :D

I only played last year and that was plagued with transfer bugs also.

Personally I think it’s a circle of shite whereby if they fix one thing it messes something else up.

Just now, 1759 said:

I only played last year and that was plagued with transfer bugs also.

Personally I think it’s a circle of shite whereby if they fix one thing it messes something else up.

or, to put the generous (but no doubt correct in a way) spin on it - it's a very complicated game, so yes, one change somewhere unfortunately has a bit of a butterfly effect....

3 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

or, to put the generous (but no doubt correct in a way) spin on it - it's a very complicated game, so yes, one change somewhere unfortunately has a bit of a butterfly effect....

Yeah that’s what I mean. Honestly think there’ll always be these bugs until a new game is built up from scratch. 

I’ve always managed to work around the transfer stuff but it can be a pain at times.

20 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

just a normal signing

ok, we'll have a look and see if we can reproduce it. Can you think of anything in the transfer that might help us narrow it down? Did you add any clauses in the transfer or contract for the player?

30 minutes ago, Angelos Antoniades said:

ok, we'll have a look and see if we can reproduce it. Can you think of anything in the transfer that might help us narrow it down? Did you add any clauses in the transfer or contract for the player?

When it happened in my Ajax save there was no obvious thing linking these transfers. I had 2 different £30mil ish that played out like they just renewed their contract with me and I also has one where I was offering a player a contract because they had 6 months left with their club and it played out just like a contract renewal and he immediately signed instead of 6 months later.

i swear if you guys just load a new Ajax save you’ll see non stop bugs in the first 6 months or so of the game. Would only take an hour or so to properly test your game. That would be at least a start to you guys actually testing, 

someone mentioned earlier that this could be a prelude to Sega turning FMM into a monthly sub kinda game .....can you imagine how few people would still be subbed if this is how Sega developed it?! 😂 just both Euro cup finals left of this season and the game is still in a total shit state 🤷🏼‍♂️

Edited by LenTheWelsh
1 hour ago, Foxy said:

Pure speculation this and no doubt not the case but...

Maybe these updates are a thing that will become regular because maybe they are planning to move to a subscription model like many apps use nowadays. Say £1 a month with updates rolled out as they are ready through the year with bigger DB and new feature updates in Nov/Feb.

Just a thought I had the other day.

Yeah I don't think that would work, people might avoid it at launch due to known issues, then within two months the game is out of date due to the transfer window, so then you have to wait until March for the Windows to close and for the update and again in a few months it's end of the season and out of date again. So realistically i could see people only paying for it a few months of the year compared to £10 guaranteed. 

The talk of a base game and DLC leagues comes up often but I like the game being one package. FMM is cheap and good value but it has alot of baggage and imo the price can't afford to go up, like the editor pricing is a disgrace but it just feeds off struggling players. 

40 minutes ago, Angelos Antoniades said:

no, nothing special at all, sorry