Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic World Football

rafa

Wasn't it like a Germany B team?

Saw Max Kruse scored who moved to Monchengladbach from Freiburg.

Another poor performance from Neymar again, what a waste of money when you think where it could have been spent. Not a Barca player at all.

Another poor performance from Neymar again, what a waste of money when you think where it could have been spent. Not a Barca player at all.

I totally agree. Neymar may be good for his club in Brazil but he is no way a La Liga level player. If he does well in his first two seasons I'll be surprised.

As the commentators were saying, he will only pass the ball if he can't do it himself and that doesn't work at Barca

Neymar is still young, he might be a bit like Sanchez for the first few seasons, also, if you watch, Sanchez may yet become Vilanova's Pedro (the belief he's putting surely poimts that way).

The whole point of bringing Neymar (footballing terms) now, is that he can still be changed to suit Barca's style more. If I have any criticism of the Barca youth/La Masia is the lack of goalscorers & direct players. Most spend their lives tapping balls back and forth but when it comes to goals it kinda shows. Who will score for Barca "B" now that Alberto's loan is over, Deulofeu set for promotion or loan? Araujo (who, funnily enough is on loan from Boca) and maybe Dongou... Femenia isn't exactly a scoring winger either...

Barca do need a bit of individualism, if you look at Messi he used to do tricks more often but nowadays he prefers "simple" (still uber hard to do) dribbling and efficiency.

Neymar has the technical skills, there's no doubt there, he is quick, can unload a bullet from distance and can dribble & do tricks people have dreamt of seeing in Europe since Ronaldinho left. Now he needs to mature mentally.

Did anyone see the Ter Stegen mistake? :lol:

Shhhh....

It's a one off, he's letting it all out...

I'm blaming the media for links to players like Reina and such.

The Brazilian league isn't all that bad and Neymar has done quality there, also I'm sure I saw somewhere his goals plus his assists for Brazil are greater than his appearances. People writing him off straight away are fools.

Neymar is the best young player in FMH. And I think he WILL transition well into Spain.

Brazil is a tough league. some of the best football in the world is played there.

If you HONESTLY think Neymar is shit, you clearly know nothing about Brazilian football.

"Neymar had a bad international game, he's so terrible" blah blah blah.

I guarantee that if he has an amazing next game, you will jump up and say "Neymar is so good. Omg did you see him? What a beast?"

And how do you know he won't be good at Barca? Has he played at Barca yet? Do you have a crystal ball you can look into and see him failing?

No. You haven't. And you don't. 

So what. he did bad in an international friendly. Doesn't mean he's going to do terrible.

I've literally started paying attention to football in December. And I swear, sometimes I think I know more about it than some people here....

Who said he's 'shit'?

To be fair, the player himself has been honest in regards to his talent. He once said he wasn't good enough to move to Barca, and regularly played down the hype about himself. Also I was eluding to the fact Barca had spent such a sum on an attacking player when they are in need of defenders.

Honestly people on here hate an opinion, start crying like babies if you upset the regular guard.

ABSOLUTELY UNBELIEVABLE MATCH: Japan Vs Australia

82' minute cross from Tommy Oar floats into the goal by pure chance (for the whole match Japan had lots of chances thanks to Kagawa and Honda, Australia only had 2 or 3 real chances...

Aussie Commentators were pleased with it, then Australia conceded a corner in 91st minute...

And the ball was passes a few times out wide then the ball was crossed in- and that's when people kind of think "oh a header" or "amazing bicycle" or "clinical finish", the truth is?

McKay sticks his hand out as the low cross comes past and it hits his hand, conceding a penalty.

Honda runs up, kicks the ball dead centre and Schwarzher almost stops it as it brushes his body.

And with that Japan are in the World Cup and Australia are officially screwed unless some fullscoring happens...

Holger Osciek lost control too :P

Who said he's 'shit'?

To be fair, the player himself has been honest in regards to his talent. He once said he wasn't good enough to move to Barca, and regularly played down the hype about himself. Also I was eluding to the fact Barca had spent such a sum on an attacking player when they are in need of defenders.

Honestly people on here hate an opinion, start crying like babies if you upset the regular guard.

Rosell would make the Neymar transfer happen no matter what, he's a businessman not football man... Sadly.

Who said he's 'shit'?

you basically did say he was shit lol

Another poor performance from Neymar again, what a waste of money when you think where it could have been spent. Not a Barca player at all

Also Jake said he was shit unless he played in Brazil

I totally agree. Neymar may be good for his club in Brazil but he is no way a La Liga level player. If he does well in his first two seasons I'll be surprised.

I've noticed in England and Spain there are the top teams (Barca, United etc.) The lower teams (Reading, QPR) and the ones in the middle.

Brazil mainly has good and bad. No one really fits into that middle category which makes it one of the hardest in the world - Thats what she said :P

Oman are so close to qualifying :D my home nation

Not if Australia does :P

Only 1 spot left in Asia :/

Apparently in the capital everything has gone ballistic. :) Isn't there a playoff place for 3rd place in the two groups?

Oman are so close to qualifying :D my home nation

Not if Australia does :P

Only 1 spot left in Asia :/

Apparently in the capital everything has gone ballistic. :) Isn't there a playoff place for 3rd place in the two groups?

Tokyo or Canberra (Japan or Australia, respectively)

?

IMO, there's no doubt that Neymar is class. The real question is, "Does he suit Barca's style of play?" For me it's too early to tell. The way he played in Brazil was similar to a more skillful and more consistent and more in tuned Nani. This meant most of his game was skill & pace. This is not how Barca play. However, he has the ability to change. The question is can he?