Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games 2021 Vibe Premier League

samhardy

Black Cat Betting are pleased to bring you the preview for this week’s VPL round. A sentence that is bound to lift the mood of all reading this, considering the alternative would be a preview from FoxBet.

image.png.27472ad6bff2b0a7e4ab518b7e4ac42b.png

With just 3 weeks left to play now every fixture is vitally important and here are the set of fixtures we have in store this week.

image.png.9087c2c7a1b9563eb7cd501b868d3bf0.png

4/5 @smoggy90 v @George Traistă Evs

This is realistically a must win game for George if he is to keep his playoff hopes alive in fact they probably all are from here on in. Despite some good performances he just can’t seem to buy a win and has a tough game this week although Smog is looking a bit out of form at the moment with back to back defeats at the wrong time of the season. With both men desperate for a win we can see this playing out into a highly competitive draw which would be no good for either.

Prediction - Draw

8/15 @Rich v @JamesVilla 6/4

Both of these are also coming into this game off the back of a negative result in the last round with Villa being defeated by Ian and Rich somehow avoiding defeat against Kane after getting himself disqualified. Here at Black Cat Betting we employ a “if at first you don’t succeed keep trying” strategy so we are going to keep on tipping Rich to lose until it eventually does happen.

This method seems to keep going against us though and there are fears that Rich actually enjoys being tipped to lose every week so we may have to reconsider 🤔

Prediction - Villa to absolutely dismantle Rich and Rich to request FoxBet carry out the previews for the rest of the season.

2/5 @Ian v @Kanegan 2/1

So far this season it’s been impossible to predict which Kane is going to turn up and we have definitely seen both sides of “the coin” with bonus points wins, sackings, the lot. He is up against Ian who has now entered the playoff positions for the first time this season and won’t be wanting to look over his shoulder now instead looking upwards.

We are going with the foolproof method of flipping a coin to decide this one so if you don’t want any spoilers as the result of this match then please ignore this spoiler.

Spoiler

Sides Allocated: Heads - Ian ; Tails - Kane

Coin - British 2p coin brought into circulation in 2010.

Tossing Begun - 6:55PM

Tossing Ceased - 6:55PM

image.jpeg.513370e10b86fcc10213fd6079a6e786.jpeg

Prediction - Ian to win.

5/6 @broodje kip v @Woody 5/6

Woody secured a bonus point win last week to climb to the top of the table and this is now a clash between the top two as Broodje just keeps soldering on maintaining his unbeaten run. People just simply can’t seem to beat him and we think that will continue this week but Woody will be determined to keep his foot on the gas as he looks to consolidate his spot in the top 4. This one looks like a draw but unlike the first game this might not be the worst result in the world for either.

Prediction - Draw written all over it. If there is a winner it will be Broodje as we are sure there will be an unbeaten season this year and Rich is getting smoked this week so it won’t be him.

@FuddledFox will be posting the challenge tomorrow morning. Good luck to everyone this week.

Can I bet against myself? I will say that somehow I will have the best result and still lose, not sure how is possible but this will happen 😂

Good luck @smoggy90, I hope you win! 

Edited by George Traistă
2 minutes ago, George Traistă said:

Can I bet against myself? I will say that somehow I will have the best result and still lose, not sure how is possible but this will happen 😂

Good luck @smoggy90, I hope you win! 

I would rather you lose than me win, just because I’m finding this hilarious 😂

1 minute ago, Woody said:

Yeah i got it tough this week but you have to beat the best to be the best.

Get in his head! Change your profile photo to a sandwich etc

Just now, Rich said:

I would rather you lose than me win, just because I’m finding this hilarious 😂

Get in his head! Change your profile photo to a sandwich etc

😂

26 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Coin - British 2p coin brought into circulation in 2010.

What a cheap company Black Cat Betting is using a 2p coin for a toss. FoxBet use these and then throw them into a wood chipper after every toss as we never toss the same coin twice.D31E23CA-4471-4A04-BA18-C2EA912F4B44.thumb.jpeg.8edb5cef185d4371f953ac5357b06b60.jpeg

Welcome to the 7th week of the league stage. Here is a reminder of the fixtures.

image.png.21b297089bc0daa8f5b2db998e243487.png

You all got to have a taste of Argentina in week 1 and this week you will play in another of this years new leagues as you travel across the Great White North as you play in the Canadian Premier league. This challenge will involve you managing three different clubs across three different attempts at the CPL 2020 regular season.

image.thumb.jpeg.5da3fbe6fc06b1355e35fb9a33f698c2.jpeg

The CPL is one of the newest professional leagues in the world as it was only formed in 2019 and there has only been two seasons played so far with Forge FC winning both seasons. The league is made up of 8 teams that  stretch across Canada and features the 3rd longest top flight away day in world football* with a “mere” 2,781 miles between Pacific FC in Vancouver and Halifax Wanderers in Nova Scotia. Due to the Coronavirus pandemic the 2020 season was shortened with just 7 regular season games followed by a 4 team playoff group culminating in a final.

image.jpeg.8ae3271ec7f7211d30b605be46d653be.jpeg

This challenge will see you play the 2020 regular season three times using three different teams with the simple goal of not losing games. Once you lose a match then that attempt is over and your score is calculated from that point. Each attempt will only last 7 games as you will only play the regular season matches but you will have the chance to play the playoffs once if you get that far as you have a wildcard which I will explain later in the post.

Club Choice

image.jpeg.1d96e1648abb4c05620c17f503487ac8.jpeg

This challenge will see you travel across Canada from west to east and each attempt will give you a choice of clubs to manage based in there geographical location. These attempts must be played in the order I list below and you pick one club from the list for each attempt.

Attempt 1 - The West: You must pick between Pacific FC, Edmonton or Cavalry

Attempt 2 - The Middle(ish): You must pick between Valour, Forge or York9

Attempt 3 - The East: You must pick between Ottawa or Halifax Wanderers

Clarifications and Rules

As usual I have a list of clarifications which will hopefully explain things a bit more.

• Each attempt must be played on a separate save in the 2020 season and completed in the order listed above.
  • Play only the 7 regular season matches. The only exception is if you play your wildcard and I will explain that in more detail later in the post.
  • Once you lose a league match then that attempt is over.
  • No transfers into the club on any attempt but you can sell players if you want.
  • At the end of each attempt you must resign from the club to show you if you did or didn’t play your wildcard
  • No coaching badge and unknown reputation.
  • No unlockables.
  • No IGE, reloading or cheating in any other way.
  • If asked you must provide the save files and failure to do so will result in a 0 score and possible elimination from the rest of the competition.
  • Results must be sent to Sam in the PM you already have with him. You can send your screenshots for each attempt separately if you would like.

Wildcard Rules

On one of your attempts you may play your wildcard which will allow you to potentially boost your score by being able to play the playoff section. You can only do this on one of your attempts and you must meet these criteria to be able to use your wildcard.

• You must not have lost a regular season game as that would have ended the attempt.
  • Obviously you need to have finished in the top 4 to have qualified for the playoffs.
  • You don’t have to use your wildcard on any attempt if you don’t want even if you meet the criteria.

The wildcard comes with its perils though because should you lose a game during the playoff section then the attempt is over and you lose all the points you have earn’t in that attempt both from playoff games and the regular season matches.

Remember unless you have played your wildcard you only need to play the 7 regular season games and once you lose a match then that attempt is over.

The points are the usual nonsense.

3pts for a win

1pt for a draw

Those points are then multiplied by the number of games you played in that attempt.

So for example if you manage to play all 7 games (11 games if you play your wildcard and don’t lose a game) then your points are X by 7 but if you lost in your 4th match on an attempt then your score is X by 4.

Your total score will be the scores from all three attempts added together and the tiebreak is most wins over the three attempts.

Screenshots

You will need the following screenshots from each of the three attempts. You can send these to Sam after each attempt if that helps you keep things organised.

• Transfer history at the end of the attempt.
  • Fixture list at the end of the attempt.
  • Regular season league table at the end of the attempt.
  • Group stage league table and playoff final if you played your wildcard.
  • Top scorer attributes and history.
  • Manager profile and history.
  • Resignation news item to show if you did or didn’t play your wildcard.

Deadline: Friday 5th March 2021 @ 8PM Uk Time

Any questions then just ask and good luck.

* The current 1st and 2nd longest top flight away days are.

Wellington to Perth in the A League - 3,267 miles

Jayapura to Medan in the Indonesian League - 2,934 miles

If you factor in games from outside countries top flights then Luch Vladivostok to Baltika Kaliningrad comes in at a whooping 4,573 miles but then as we all know records only count if they are in a top flight.

Haven’t started yet and don’t see much point in rushing with there being no transfers and not a great deal of games to play.

It’s a nice one though with it being a new league and a league I’d probably never play normally by choice so nice to have to here.

4 minutes ago, Ian said:

Haven’t started yet and don’t see much point in rushing with there being no transfers and not a great deal of games to play.

It’s a nice one though with it being a new league and a league I’d probably never play normally by choice so nice to have to here.

I agree 😉

5 minutes ago, Ian said:

It took around 1 and half hour, when everyone in the house are already in bed so I killed my time. 

Not much to do honestly, as you can't sell (the value is s#it and you can't do nothing with the money) and the whole thing last for less than two months so no time spent on set up training for each player. Also you have just 20-25 players per squad so easy to sort things out... is load and go

12 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

@FuddledFox are we allowed to play our wild card in all 3 attempts?

Not the main man but it’s quite clear here tbh.

15 hours ago, FuddledFox said:

On one of your attempts you may play your wildcard

I completed this one yesterday and it’s the last time I do it early as I hate the waiting for the results 😂