Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Euro “2020” Discussion Thread

FuddledFox

6 hours ago, Rob said:

For any of you non-English folk, with the squad Southgate has picked… who would your starting eleven be?

GK: Pickford (Not sure tbh)

RB: Trippier

LB: Luke Shaw

CB: Maguire 

CB: Stones

CM: Mount

CM: Rice/Phillips

CAM: Grealish

LW: Sancho

RW: Foden

ST: Kane 

Honestly struggled to pick that, not happy with my selection, but that looks a more exciting team anyway.

added 0 minutes later
6 hours ago, Rob said:

For any of you non-English folk, with the squad Southgate has picked… who would your starting eleven be?

Honestly struggled to pick that, not happy with my selection, but that looks a more exciting team anyway.

8 minutes ago, Aaron Thornton said:

Oh no... Dubravka! 

I knew Newcastle would affect the tournament and we do it in the most Newcastle way.

7 hours ago, Rob said:

GK: Pickford

RB: James

LB: Chilwell

CB: White

CM: Phillips

RW: Sancho

LW: Grealish

AM: Foden

CF: Kane

This is all dependant on letting them play to their abilities.

I don't think England's "issues" are player selection. It's all Southgate limiting them. He needs to have a style, yes but he's suffocating so many of these players, I think.

28 minutes ago, Aaron Thornton said:

Oh no... Dubravka! 

He is a good shot stopper but he has nothing else. Poor in the air, poor with his feet. I've been saying this for a while now.

4 minutes ago, Rob said:

Interesting you guys picked Sancho as Southgate seems to hate him! 

Simply can't overlook his goal contributions for the last three seasons, or in Southgates case maybe you can.

As I said, Southgate is the issue. Not the players.

6 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

Simply can't overlook his goal contributions for the last three seasons, or in Southgates case maybe you can.

Agree, and if Sancho moves to United I bet he all of a sudden plays more 

14 minutes ago, Rob said:

Agree, and if Sancho moves to United I bet he all of a sudden plays more 

That's a big IF though, I don't think it will happen, frustrating window I think for us. 

4 hours ago, Rich said:

added 0 minutes later

Get rid of Rice...massively overrated for me. Bcus you can pass 5 yards from side to side doesnt make you a top player.

14 hours ago, Rob said:

I’m not entirely sure but probably this one:

GK: Pickford/Pope

CD: Walker

CD: Stones

CD: Maguire

CM: Phillips/Rice

LM: Grealish

RM: Sancho

AM: Foden

CF: Sterling/Rashford

I hate these couple of days with no football, can’t wait for Wales to start of the last 16 with a convincing win 👀

On 24/06/2021 at 14:50, Ashez said:

Not including Sterling when he's the only reason we've got points 😂

Mad to think about it. He’s so shit in the build up but he is the only England’s scorer.

34 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Is Williams playing for Wales or Denmark? What an absolute joker. Surely Wales have got a better option in his position?

Our RB? If so I can't believe we might be getting £10m for him. 

10 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Our RB? If so I can't believe we might be getting £10m for him. 

You don't rate him then?

Isn’t he the one that comes on and everyone says he’s the new Trent? And then when he starts gets subbed off at half time for being terrible?

16 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

You don't rate him then?

He's been done dirty by our fans tbf, last season in cameos he looked like he could be decent but it's safe to say he didn't take his chance this season. His crossing is in a similar style to Trent, that's about it. He's only young though and was forced in at the deep end with Trent's injury. I however don't think he's good enough for us no and he won't ever play for us, it's not like he can wait until Trent is passed it as that'll be ten odd years. 

On 23/06/2021 at 19:20, Dai_ said:

Agree totally 1000% dai. Southgate is the issue. I mean he plays players because of there names! Not there form! Come on how can he play kane 3 games in a row. Granted he played okay at best against Czech Republic. But against Croatian and Scotland he was absolutely shocking!. 

Perfect line I think he should go with based on performance only thus far!

Pickford

Shaw

Mings 

Stones

Walker

Phillips

Mount

Grealish

Sterling

Sancho

Foden as a striker! Kid has done it at city!

Let Harry mull it over that he's not invincible! Guy needs a dose of reality. Played shocking so far. I'm not hopeful against the Germany game. Not unless we turn up and take it to them. Cause they've been super leaky in defence. And we can't just go with the aim of scoring one goal. 

2 hours ago, broodje kip said:

The Danish destroyed the Welsh. Something that isn’t quite new around here.

I quite like the look of the damsgaard guarantee a big club goes in for him. And that stryger larson guy. I might throw a bet on denmark to win it. There playing for something no other team Is. "Erikson" they took it to Belgium and that's no easy task! 

57 minutes ago, Plimmerz92 said:

I quite like the look of the damsgaard guarantee a big club goes in for him. And that stryger larson guy. I might throw a bet on denmark to win it. There playing for something no other team Is. "Erikson" they took it to Belgium and that's no easy task! 

Yeah, Damsgaard is a huge talent. I would expect clubs like Dortmund or RB Leipzig would come for him soon.

Tbh, I was teasing @Rich with my statement there 😂

We just weren’t at it yesterday, such a shame, but that’s how it goes. Don’t like that they basically had a home match yesterday though, a few teams have had a few massive advantages in this tournament.

15 hours ago, Plimmerz92 said:

Agree totally 1000% dai. Southgate is the issue. I mean he plays players because of there names! Not there form! Come on how can he play kane 3 games in a row. Granted he played okay at best against Czech Republic. But against Croatian and Scotland he was absolutely shocking!. 

Perfect line I think he should go with based on performance only thus far!

Pickford

Shaw

Mings 

Stones

Walker

Phillips

Mount

Grealish

Sterling

Sancho

Foden as a striker! Kid has done it at city!

Let Harry mull it over that he's not invincible! Guy needs a dose of reality. Played shocking so far. I'm not hopeful against the Germany game. Not unless we turn up and take it to them. Cause they've been super leaky in defence. And we can't just go with the aim of scoring one goal. 

Almost agree but Sterling is the most frustrating player ever. He loses the ball by running to players all the time. 

Granted he is the only one to score so far but christ i dont like him as a player.

2 hours ago, Woody said:

Almost agree but Sterling is the most frustrating player ever. He loses the ball by running to players all the time. 

Granted he is the only one to score so far but christ i dont like him as a player.

Doesn't he kind of have to do that to get us up the pitch due to how unmobile Kane is? Son does a similar job for Spurs. 

We can't get the ball to Sterling then have him pass it back to Kane in the centre circle 😛

Mane can be equally frustrating but if they win that duel they're in one hell of a position usually.