Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

News FMM23 First Look and Headline Features

One more thing I'll like to highlight. Players stats getting nerfed when you newly bring them into your team. It's a bit annoying considering when I sign a player for his movement and when gets into my team, he's been nerfed by one and in other places stats. Also with the subs, the game only acknowledges it in the first season instead of it to be through out the whole game. Hopefully it stays longer in 2023

Edited by Uncleseekx
1 hour ago, Uncleseekx said:

One more thing I'll like to highlight. Players stats getting nerfed when you newly bring them into your team. It's a bit annoying considering when I sign a player for his movement and when gets into my team, he's been nerfed by one and in other places stats. Also with the subs, the game only acknowledges it in the first season instead of it to be through out the whole game. Hopefully it stays longer in 2023

The nerf gets on my nerves too. I remember taking part in one of the competitions on here and you had to sign a player with 15 or above aerial. Mine was 15, and then immediately dropped to 14 never to return! The kind hosts let me off, as if you start a save that player began with 15. But it was a classic example of a stat drop for no reason.

7 hours ago, Uncleseekx said:

Maguire was nerfed badly in the Jan update, he would be bad on 23

That’s 100% correct.

Here was Maguire BEFORE the Jan release …

Spoiler

Maguire was 3.5 stars (better than Lindelof + Bailly) + worth £39m

94ACB1E6-6FB4-42C9-B735-D0B0DEEAF2EC.thumb.jpeg.0bbd0ab09c31069c678db69220dfa632.jpeg

With great tackling + mentals!

8A371074-2708-4387-8C8E-4181D734A08A.thumb.jpeg.fd50b204488591533900a925faef6bfc.jpeg

Here was Maguire AFTER the Jan release …

Spoiler

Downgraded to only 3 stars (same as Lindelof + Bailly), worth £33.5m (about 15% less)

C69C7A85-8106-41E2-A319-319C653B4272.thumb.jpeg.969436eae52e4f788bf78485d0168f02.jpeg

His tackling and mentals are down 1-2 points each.

9BCF6367-EADE-401A-8489-C51A03FB8B76.thumb.jpeg.6bdb1ecfd3beb5edf9db1a48facdbfbd.jpeg

And here is Maguire in FM Mobile 2023

Spoiler

Just kidding 😆 no screenshot as it’s not released yet!

Though I can confirm Maguire is only 3 stars (as good as Lindelof still) on the full fat FM23 Beta 👍 

🙂 

Edited by DanEnglish
15 minutes ago, DanEnglish said:

That’s 100% correct.

Here was Maguire BEFORE the Jan release …

Hide contents

Maguire was 3.5 stars (better than Lindelof + Bailly) + worth £39m

94ACB1E6-6FB4-42C9-B735-D0B0DEEAF2EC.thumb.jpeg.0bbd0ab09c31069c678db69220dfa632.jpeg

With great tackling + mentals!

8A371074-2708-4387-8C8E-4181D734A08A.thumb.jpeg.fd50b204488591533900a925faef6bfc.jpeg

Here was Maguire AFTER the Jan release …

Hide contents

Downgraded to only 3 stars (same as Lindelof + Bailly), worth £33.5m (about 15% less)

C69C7A85-8106-41E2-A319-319C653B4272.thumb.jpeg.969436eae52e4f788bf78485d0168f02.jpeg

His tackling and mentals are down 1-2 points each.

9BCF6367-EADE-401A-8489-C51A03FB8B76.thumb.jpeg.6bdb1ecfd3beb5edf9db1a48facdbfbd.jpeg

And here is Maguire in FM Mobile 2023

Hide contents

Just kidding 😆 no screenshot as it’s not released yet!

Though I can confirm Maguire is only 3 stars (as good as Lindelof still) on the full fat FM23 Beta 👍 

🙂 

You can't trust the star ratings from the staff, they are relative to the other players in the team and only the staff's view. 

What I can tell you though is that his PA didn't change at all throughout FMM22, but his CA did drop 9 points in the Winter/March database (all three versions of it). He's not too old to earn that back though, so he could end up as good.

@Marc Vaughan Hi Marc, I'm really excited to see that the development hub is in the game this year, I didn't think it'd be possible, so haven't asked about it in the past 

In the future, will it be possible to select which roles you want young players to get experience in, when sending them out on loan? It was a big benefit on FMT 

Thanks for all the work you and your team put in, I'm on Android, so FMT isn't an option for me, but the development hub and new licensing features alone, make the game more than good value. 

On 10/29/2022 at 1:47 PM, Marc Vaughan said:

To explain what I'm trying to do with FMM - I'm trying to make a fun, realistic sports simulation which doesn't require a huge amount of time to play through a season (the aim is to allow someone to play a season comfortably in an evenings play of 3-4 hours if they're playing quickly).

The game is intended to be realistic, but also to include sensible defaults so that someone can play through and do 'reasonably' well simply by selecting a team and tactics that are sensible, if you take the time and have the knowledge to tweak things then obviously that will give you an advantage above this level.

This emphasis on 'speed' is one of the reasons I try and build in most features in a manner that makes them optional depth rather than compulsory - for instance the 'squad dynamics' within the game are fairly complex and advanced (while hopefully being presented to users in a simple and easy to understand way), but users can easily ignore them if they want to just 'get on with things.'

This year the teamtalks are designed in much the same 'vibe' - they're wholly optional (and can be turned off in preferences even if you hate the concept), by default they simply present things that were happening previously (ie. before each match you were told about it and your players mood concerning the match) - the teamtalks present those moods to you as a starting point and if you give a 'balanced' talk then the game proceeds as it did last version ... the only difference being you can now see the effect of your players mood on the match if you click on the summary mood (for example if a player 'lacks confidence' then his morale and creativity will be slightly decreased when the match begins). If you decide to undertake a teamtalk then pre-match you can choose the mood as either 'relaxed' (ie. just go out there and enjoy yourselves), or 'demanding' (ie. I expect a win) and this will change the players mood depending on their personalities. The half-time talk is slightly different in that you still select the overall mood, but can also single out players for praise and criticism, ie. I'm really disappointed that we're 3-0 and we should be doing better, the rest of you look to Migraz for inspiration - he's doing what I want.

How well I hit this aim can vary from year to year and I rely on feedback from everyone to stay on target in this regard, although I do play the game at truckton myself and consider myself to be one of the 'users' myself (I'vecurrently just completed playing through a season as Brighton on this years version, finished 9th and had Caicedo poached from us for 50m by Man City, which makes a nice change from it being Chelsea poaching Trossard that happens most games I play as Brighton ;) ... as well as various one season tests like this I've also completed a bottom to top challenge as Eastbourne in this years game as part of my 'standard' game feeling test I do each year while tuning things ...). 

PS - The way people play varies hugely, across all versions of FM (including Touch and the full-fat PC game) the majority of users only play 3-5 seasons, tending to drop off as the real-world players retire. That however ignores that a decent proportion do play beyond this period and once you get beyond that point the commitment/drop-off percentage lowers with each subsequent season I'd have to double check the figures but a surprising number users complete the full maximum season length in FMM at some point. 

When designing the game I try not to alienate any user, but obviously do take into account the most popular styles of play ... 

Excuse my english, but i'm french.

I think you have to see things differently.  For my personal case, I have been playing FM for 20 years, but today having a Chromebook, the only alternative is FMM.  I wish this play was as elite as FM. 😉

On 29/10/2022 at 13:47, Marc Vaughan said:

To explain what I'm trying to do with FMM - I'm trying to make a fun, realistic sports simulation which doesn't require a huge amount of time to play through a season (the aim is to allow someone to play a season comfortably in an evenings play of 3-4 hours if they're playing quickly).

WOW, there's no way I could ever play a season in 3-4 hours. Even if you could, say the least amount of detail for each match, how would you then know how your tactics are working? I never got into the text explanation. I need to see things.

I see the video highlights wastes A LOT of time in things like balls going out, corners about to be taken, substitutions. I'm almost missing some kind of tapping to skip going for the ball, the player walking back... all that useless stuff. Also, in a game in which you're comfortably up, you always seem to get more useless highlights at the end of the 1st of 2nd half. Again, a way to skip the highlight or move it forward somehow would be useful.

Moreover, in past seasons, to play fast I would watch/follow 1/2 of the league and then the other half of the league holiday it and only watch cup games. Holiday is completely random but it's the best way I've seen to speed up things, even faster than minimal text/highlights.

@Marc Vaughan 

Hi, would it be possible to limit the amount of leagues uploaded, like it was before FMM22? 

I mean only choosing leagues you want to be presented in your save, instead of all automatically. (For example - choose just EPL, Championship without L1, L2, Conference League etc.). Its quite annoying, when you play only top-leagues and see the results of every single non-league tournament.

36 minutes ago, Lanuz said:

@Marc Vaughan 

I mean only choosing leagues you want to be presented in your save, instead of all automatically. (For example - choose just EPL, Championship without L1, L2, Conference League etc.). Its quite annoying, when you play only top-leagues and see the results of every single non-league tournament.

I'll consider restoring that if lots of people request it ... but tbh the processing time for including them is fairly low and it gives a much nicer, simpler setup in my opinion .. ultimately one day my ideal would be you just start the game and all leagues are always active and you just decide which team to manage - but obviously that won't be for a fair few years yet.

Edited by Marc Vaughan
1 hour ago, d3rgal said:

WOW, there's no way I could ever play a season in 3-4 hours. Even if you could, say the least amount of detail for each match, how would you then know how your tactics are working? I never got into the text explanation. I need to see things.

Most people do - but on the other hand if you blitz play with text only commentary and a very fast speed its entirely possible ... I actually blitzed through two seasons during my flight across the Atlantic a few days ago :D

(I mainly play blitz games as a way of quickly testing the coherance of things rather than 'true' play tbh - it does lead to me losing matches that I might have been able to get points from for exactly the reasons you mention)

1 hour ago, d3rgal said:

I see the video highlights wastes A LOT of time in things like balls going out, corners about to be taken, substitutions. I'm almost missing some kind of tapping to skip going for the ball, the player walking back... all that useless stuff. Also, in a game in which you're comfortably up, you always seem to get more useless highlights at the end of the 1st of 2nd half. Again, a way to skip the highlight or move it forward somehow would be useful.

Sounds sensble - will add that to notes, although a lot of that is intentionally left in so people can see that it 'really happens' in the matches ... because I think it adds to the feeling of realism.

44 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

I'll consider restoring that if lots of people request it ... but tbh the processing time for including them is fairly low and it gives a much nicer, simpler setup in my opinion .. ultimately one day my ideal would be you just start the game and all leagues are always active and you just decide which team to manage - but obviously that won't be for a fair few years yet.

Something that was a fairly common complaint this year compared to previous editions was losing the club/save info screen. 

Before, when choosing leagues you could get an estimate of how many players would be loaded, and then when choosing a club you got an overview of continental competition, finances, and facilities. That was extremely useful and saved a ton of time when playing specific challenges and looking for clubs that fit a specific criteria. 

1 hour ago, Lanuz said:

Hi, would it be possible to limit the amount of leagues uploaded, like it was before FMM22? 

52 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Would be quite easy to setup a poll on the upcoming FMM23 forum here to ask this question - the voice of vibe! - to see what most people here would prefer. Could be useful sub-set of what users want for FMM24/25/etc 🙂 thoughts?

4 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

I liked how FMM22's league set-up was. Things are easier now because all I have to do is pick my 5 nations then the save begins. There were too many saves that fell apart because the players I wanted to manage didn't appear within the 2000 player limit (don't quite remember what the limit was). However, your ideal league set-up with all the players available sounds even better.

Side Mentions

1) I read someone asking for 3D match engine. Can you please not implement it?  That will stop a lot of people from playing. Not everyone has high-end smartphones that would be able to run that 3D match engine.

2) Probably my biggest request. Can you continue to keep the game offline (goes hand-in-hand with plug-and-play)? Just in case the thought of evolving the game means making it require internet connection to play comes to mind. 

Thanks for being active here. Nice reading your thoughts on the game and where you want to go with it.

Likely too late to implement this year, but I’ve always thought it would be nice to have interesting facts about the upcoming match, I.e:

- If your team wins the next match they could win the league/break a record, etc

- Players playing against their former clubs

- Winning/losing streak versus the upcoming opponents 

The sorts of things that are discussed before games IRL

Some interesting comments posted by @Marc Vaughan on the SI forum <here>

1. You can select a national team from the START ! (Was ‘hidden’ in the announcement 😂)

5BFA3515-A986-45AA-A635-77AB48519D9B.thumb.jpeg.6ccc7d76672e1ba2a0627e97751c4c5e.jpeg

2. Three at the back

BEBDF75D-E93E-431A-9B49-8A0A21DCD5A2.thumb.jpeg.12b8d060b15a0ddf8921780d887053cf.jpeg

3. This would be fun!

8467783C-BF11-4AC0-8544-7119CF429FF7.thumb.jpeg.803160e8a3786e8d10b94ac4f7b1609f.jpeg

8 minutes ago, SaintPaul said:

That looks quite nice I'm hope for some more aesthetic changes 

Screenshot_20221104-061805_Google Play Store~2.jpg

Is that for FM Touch? That’s a BIG (and beautiful?!) change if it’s FM Mobile …

On 12/10/2022 at 02:14, Uncleseekx said:

Also if they could get rid of all the transfer glitches for more money. The glitches has been there since 21 and they haven't done anything about it

Eg ask how much the team wants for a player glitches if he worth more than you have in you budget or not being able to key in the exact amount via keyboard rather than to slider that restart over an over ffs 

4 minutes ago, DanEnglish said:

Is that for FM Touch? That’s a BIG (and beautiful?!) change if it’s FM Mobile …

It's a screenshot from the mobile game on the play store. Now you mention it though, I hope they haven't used a touch picture by mistake 

17 minutes ago, SaintPaul said:

It's a screenshot from the mobile game on the play store. Now you mention it though, I hope they haven't used a touch picture by mistake 

They don’t have that visual on the App Store (for FM Mobile) - here’s a screenshot of what I can see …

Spoiler

DADADC16-5517-4CAE-98FF-33400E989F90.thumb.jpeg.9e07d028172e3494bfb87f6372645d35.jpeg

… looks VERY similar to FMM23 - though perhaps a little nicer now, new color scheme perhaps?

Edited by DanEnglish
6 minutes ago, DanEnglish said:

They don’t have that visual on the App Store (for FM Mobile) - here’s a screenshot of what I can see …

Hide contents

DADADC16-5517-4CAE-98FF-33400E989F90.thumb.jpeg.9e07d028172e3494bfb87f6372645d35.jpeg

… looks VERY similar to FMM23 - though perhaps a little nicer now, new color scheme perhaps?

That's another from the play store, so hopefully definitely meant for FMM. 

Screenshot_20221104_070248_Google Play Store~2.jpg

40 minutes ago, SaintPaul said:

Definitely mobile you can tell by the stadium on the edges. Loooks great 👍

3 hours ago, SaintPaul said:

That looks quite nice I'm hope for some more aesthetic changes 

Screenshot_20221104-061805_Google Play Store~2.jpg

This looks like CL branding so it’ll be for CL game previews I guess. As the game loads or something. 

17 hours ago, YungGaffer said:

I liked how FMM22's league set-up was. Things are easier now because all I have to do is pick my 5 nations then the save begins. There were too many saves that fell apart because the players I wanted to manage didn't appear within the 2000 player limit (don't quite remember what the limit was). However, your ideal league set-up with all the players available sounds even better.

Side Mentions

1) I read someone asking for 3D match engine. Can you please not implement it?  That will stop a lot of people from playing. Not everyone has high-end smartphones that would be able to run that 3D match engine.

2) Probably my biggest request. Can you continue to keep the game offline (goes hand-in-hand with plug-and-play)? Just in case the thought of evolving the game means making it require internet connection to play comes to mind. 

Thanks for being active here. Nice reading your thoughts on the game and where you want to go with it.

Why are some of you against 3d so bad? If you're playing on a low budget device, I understand but apart from that no other reason. The game has to move on at one point. Also they should just make it available for the player to choose between 2D or 3D. The option is available on the PC version 

2 hours ago, SaintPaul said:

That's another from the play store, so hopefully definitely meant for FMM. 

Screenshot_20221104_070248_Google Play Store~2.jpg

They've finally give more options for mentoring. Also another thing to highlight, the mentoring is kind of bad. I have a player like Bruno who's good for creativity and passing but can only mentor you on leadership or Ronaldo with his good aerial can only mentor  you on leadership. The game should allow us choose the mentor's attribute we want to use to train the other person 

Something else I'll like to highlight, VAR checks. There's no suspense to it at all. You already when all the players are standing still, the goal is cancelled, when the opp players glitch back to restart position, the goal stands. Takes away the thrill one gets from a VAR check in real life. Even the scoreboard is quick to cancel your goal out already. 

5 minutes ago, Uncleseekx said:

Something else I'll like to highlight, VAR checks. There's no suspense to it at all. You already when all the players are standing still, the goal is cancelled, when the opp players glitch back to restart position, the goal stands. Takes away the thrill one gets from a VAR check in real life. Even the scoreboard is quick to cancel your goal out already. 

Yeah I second this. And 99% of VAR checks result in the goal being disallowed.

I would like to be able to train a trait so many times you have players with all the attributes for a role but for some reason your peaked out AP (kovacic chelsea)  etc plays with back to goal even though he’s dribbling is 19