Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
olayinkajnr

FMM23 First Look and Headline Features


Football Manager Mobile 2023 will be released on the 8th of November 2022 and be priced at £8.99 or your local equivalent.
 

FMM23 mobile now available for pre-order/pre-purchase on Apple Appstore or Google Playstore via the link below:

https://www.footballmanager.com/news/football-manager-2023-mobile-now-available-pre-order

 

Headline Features

Team Talks


Development Hub


 

Refreshed Manger Profile


Official UEFA Branding

 
Transfer/Loan Improvements

 

IMG_20221011_123435.jpg

IMG_20221011_123447.jpg

IMG_20221011_123500.jpg

IMG_20221011_123513.jpg

IMG_20221011_123526.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Recommended Posts

Doesn't look like anything new has been added in terms of the above screenshots, would of thought if there were different player roles, it would of shown them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Feels like we pay the £8.99 for database changes and a reskin each year recently.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So we're basically paying for an updated database, got it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

SI and Sega are going the EA route, just updating the transfers and new jerseys. Nothing to get hyped about. They couldn't even add any new roles, that's the least they could have done

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Will have to wait until later in the month to see what they actually add to it, but based on the screenshots it looks identical to FMM22. At this stage i'm probably going to give it a miss. FMM22 has been massively frustrating for me this year and if 23 is just going to be a DB update and minor tweaks then i'm not going to bother getting it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Database updates + at least one new league (Norwegian) + team talks already seems like quite a good deal for 9 pounds. EA charges 5 times as much (if not more) and it's a game most of us are playing all year. How is that bad value for money?

Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, darlingtonvii said:

So we're basically paying for an updated database, got it. 

There will be tons of features. Just like @Marc Vaughanstated on the Facebook group, the screenshots were dropped intentionally to hide the features. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I bitched about the unrealistic transfer funds that are made available to lots of teams 

My point was, that, while at small teams, I could sign players released from bigger clubs at the end of the season, and make massive profits from them. After 6 seasons in Scottish League 2 with Annan, I had a £23 million transfer budget 

Marc Vaughan said that competition for transfers will he tightened up this version. So at the very least, hopefully that leads to smarter squad building from AI teams, and keeps the game more challenging for a bit longer 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've only played this version for the past couple of weeks and it has been annoying to say the least and I honestly regret buying it. The AI seems to get more annoying each year with their relentlessly defensive tactics and I find I'm having to make almost random changes each game in the hope that something works. And when I find that something, you can be 100% sure it won't work again against the exact same formation. We needs more tactical changes and less shitty AI!

Link to comment
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, SaintPaul said:

I bitched about the unrealistic transfer funds that are made available to lots of teams 

My point was, that, while at small teams, I could sign players released from bigger clubs at the end of the season, and make massive profits from them. After 6 seasons in Scottish League 2 with Annan, I had a £23 million transfer budget 

Marc Vaughan said that competition for transfers will he tightened up this version. So at the very least, hopefully that leads to smarter squad building from AI teams, and keeps the game more challenging for a bit longer 

I legit wonder how you can still be in 2nd after 6 seasons, especially with that kind of money? :D 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For once I'll pray for a half baked feature (history is on my side) where the games headline update is meaningless and controllable via an assistant with no side effects. Pick up and play am I right 😂

Talking of staff I'm still hoping for the inclusion of the tea lady! We can dream 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jens said:

I legit wonder how you can still be in 2nd after 6 seasons, especially with that kind of money? :D 

To keep the game (semi) interesting, I didn't spend any money at all, and just signed youth or reserve players who'd been released each summer. The vast majority of them were too good for the level, and Scottish Premiership teams got into bidding wars with lower end teams in the English Championship, which drove the prices up. I lost 8 or 9 of my starting 11 between the two transfer windows each season, so the team was always in a state of flux 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also if they could get rid of all the transfer glitches for more money. The glitches has been there since 21 and they haven't done anything about it

Link to comment
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Chris said:

The AI seems to get more annoying each year with their relentlessly defensive tactics

Am guessing you’re one of the top teams in your league then? Is that right?

Even with Man Utd (no longer a top top side) when you’re in good form, most opposition EPL sides would have a more cautious / defensive mentality against us. It’s only when injuries hit / fixtures pile up / we rotate - then our recent form suffers + they start having more attacking mentalities again. It took me ages to figure that out.

If you can avoid those kind of blips (short poor runs of form) then either you are very good at this game or you’ve got one of the top top clubs in your league (Celtic) perhaps? 🙂 just guessing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can't believe team talks have got into our realistic footballing experience before throw ins 😂

Currently my favourite feature of FMM23 is........5 subs Premier League games. Thank you SI 💪

Link to comment
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I can't believe team talks have got into our realistic footballing experience before throw ins 😂

Currently my favourite feature of FMM23 is........5 subs Premier League games. Thank you SI 💪

Cant be arsed with the team talks scenario. 

A new look would be great different colour schemes maybe but i will be very very disappointed if the tactics side doesnt get a big update....need more instructions damn it!! 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ashez said:

can't believe team talks have got into our realistic footballing experience before throw ins 😂

Just hope they can be delegated to the Assman as it annoys me that press questions have to be answered and can’t just be ignored.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Will Netherlands national team manageable?

 

Edited by desmon111
Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Woody said:

Cant be arsed with the team talks scenario. 

A new look would be great different colour schemes maybe but i will be very very disappointed if the tactics side doesnt get a big update....need more instructions damn it!! 🤣

Yeah I am very tired of this skin, admittedly I'm fairly nostalgic for the old bright IOS skins though (screenshots appear on my phone as memories most days 😂). Odd considering on most apps I do use the "dark mode". Unfortunately this skin is basically their branding now though so I don't see it changing until FM as a whole is refreshed. 

I keep saying it but tactically I want two things, in depth roles and stats. I'm so bored of playing from SI's playbook and not having the stats for informed decisions. For argument's sake imagine in depth stats so we could run recruitment how Brighton, Brentford and Liverpool do etc. Which would link into role inputs as for a simple example say you want a CM who's instructed to try alot of throughballs, you could then look for someone via stats who trys alot of them and then compare completion percentages and so on. 

I've been asking for this stuff for years when it was more niche but stats in football is big business now.

If we're lucky I could see the next feature reveal being XG stats and that's it since they're a popular go too 😂

Football coverage isn't just basic Match Of Day highlights anymore! Sky, various outlets in the media and fan groups produce so much in depth content now, fans are getting smarter and more knowledgeable, football is changing. 

1 hour ago, FuddledFox said:

Just hope they can be delegated to the Assman as it annoys me that press questions have to be answered and can’t just be ignored.

Agreed, but another easily ignorable new headline feature is less than ideal. Hopefully they've just got the controversial new feature out early and have a few more exciting thinks to announce closer to release. It's not like they made a big deal out of this announcement so I guess we have some hope. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Yeah I am very tired of this skin, admittedly I'm fairly nostalgic for the old bright IOS skins though (screenshots appear on my phone as memories most days 😂). Odd considering on most apps I do use the "dark mode". Unfortunately this skin is basically their branding now though so I don't see it changing until FM as a whole is refreshed. 

I keep saying it but tactically I want two things, in depth roles and stats. I'm so bored of playing from SI's playbook and not having the stats for informed decisions. For argument's sake imagine in depth stats so we could run recruitment how Brighton, Brentford and Liverpool do etc. Which would link into role inputs as for a simple example say you want a CM who's instructed to try alot of throughballs, you could then look for someone via stats who trys alot of them and then compare completion percentages and so on. 

I've been asking for this stuff for years when it was more niche but stats in football is big business now.

If we're lucky I could see the next feature reveal being XG stats and that's it since they're a popular go too 😂

Football coverage isn't just basic Match Of Day highlights anymore! Sky, various outlets in the media and fan groups produce so much in depth content now, fans are getting smarter and more knowledgeable, football is changing. 

Agreed, but another easily ignorable new headline feature is less than ideal. Hopefully they've just got the controversial new feature out early and have a few more exciting thinks to announce closer to release. It's not like they made a big deal out of this announcement so I guess we have some hope. 

Good shout. Detailed stats would be a great idea.

I would love to see the support and attack rolls brought in atleast.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Woody said:

Good shout. Detailed stats would be a great idea.

I would love to see the support and attack rolls brought in atleast.

I agree that would massively spice things up - I've played SO much FM Touch over the past year, it's a bit of a turn-off going back to mobile since you feel very limited in possibilities. But they're NEVER going to introduce that as (per my own experience) it makes the game SO much harder. 

FMM has had a game-breaking engine for years, adding tactical complexity would scare away 90% of the casual players, while eliminating 1K (3K is even a thing now? How long have I been gone? How do you even do that???) challenges. Adding complexity means going back to reality and let's be honest - would that be more fun?

Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jens said:

I agree that would massively spice things up - I've played SO much FM Touch over the past year, it's a bit of a turn-off going back to mobile since you feel very limited in possibilities. But they're NEVER going to introduce that as (per my own experience) it makes the game SO much harder. 

FMM has had a game-breaking engine for years, adding tactical complexity would scare away 90% of the casual players, while eliminating 1K (3K is even a thing now? How long have I been gone? How do you even do that???) challenges. Adding complexity means going back to reality and let's be honest - would that be more fun?

Isnt football predominately about tactics though. Love the fact its for the casual gamer but you need to see some sort of innovation though to keep it interesting. 

Its not changed in years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm torn as I do see FMM in two ways, depending on my mood. 

It's either a fun football simulatior or it's an in depth stat based strategy game. I can go in and dick about for fun, or I can go in with a plan and use information and stats to try and implement said plan. Don't get me wrong I don't take each match seriously, I'm still click and play on the most part but when it comes to tactic creation and squad building I'm all about the stats. They aren't footballers to me, they're basically a spreadsheet, hence why I want more information as that's what I see the game as. Now if I saw players as "characters" or footballers maybe I'd like the more personal stuff like media and team talks, but I don't, I don't want to give a spreadsheet a pep talk 😂

I think this is why I've basically transitioned away from FMM for my strategy fix and found a love for the SRPG genre. In many ways I do see FMM as a SRPG as it basically is one, my interest in RPGs in general has all came from FMM (and Pokémon tbf), so much so I even did an article on it that flopped 😂

 

Admittedly I likely should have moved on to FM/T years ago but FMH/M are such a massive part of my gaming life. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jens said:

I agree that would massively spice things up - I've played SO much FM Touch over the past year, it's a bit of a turn-off going back to mobile since you feel very limited in possibilities. But they're NEVER going to introduce that as (per my own experience) it makes the game SO much harder. 

FMM has had a game-breaking engine for years, adding tactical complexity would scare away 90% of the casual players, while eliminating 1K (3K is even a thing now? How long have I been gone? How do you even do that???) challenges. Adding complexity means going back to reality and let's be honest - would that be more fun?

To me it will be more fun if the game was this complex and brings realism. Imagine trying to get a player to 1k not to talk of 3k, not a fan of that 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, DanEnglish said:

Am guessing you’re one of the top teams in your league then? Is that right?

Even with Man Utd (no longer a top top side) when you’re in good form, most opposition EPL sides would have a more cautious / defensive mentality against us. It’s only when injuries hit / fixtures pile up / we rotate - then our recent form suffers + they start having more attacking mentalities again. It took me ages to figure that out.

If you can avoid those kind of blips (short poor runs of form) then either you are very good at this game or you’ve got one of the top top clubs in your league (Celtic) perhaps? 🙂 just guessing

Happens on all of my saves eventually, but it's defo more noticeable when I start with a bigger club to begin with. Currently with Ajax and been having the same problem.

I guess it's more realistic but I always loved FM to try and break it with tactics that score a stupid number of goals. I find it much less satisfying having to grind out 1-0, 2-0s against much weaker teams.  Even worse is the fact that my team tends to win against the much stronger teams due to the fact that they don't play as defensive (see screenshot, and this was with my B team). I think AI defence is (only at times) way too overpowered. EDIT: Game immediately after, with my A team kinda proves my point, and I'm not using any crazy tactics here; this is a version of my 1k tactic. 22 shots, only 1 long range and I manage to score 1 goal against a 2 man defence of a much weaker side. Ridiculous.

The main point was though that the tactical changes seem to have almost random affects, sometimes being ridiculously effective against a formation, yet other times costing you the game. Again, you might argue that this is realistic but its not what I ever played FM for unfortunately; but that's just me.

Screenshot_20221012-155742_FM22 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20221012-163054_FM22 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20221012-163101_FM22 Mobile.jpg

Edited by Chris
Link to comment
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...