Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat FMM23 - General Discussion

FuddledFox

Just now, WeirsElk said:

Here are some shots of my team setup. Midfield positions and roles will change game to game ( usually dropping a defensive player deeper or my AP/AM into a more central position) .

I also somewhat frequently adjust width between “narrow” and “balanced”; defensive line between “high” and “balanced”; and tempo between “fast” and “balanced”.

I will almost never alter passing length (very occasionally I’ll switch to “direct”) and only really play with “Run at defenders” or “through balls”, rarely selecting other final third options.

5F2E1CF3-98BA-4CA5-B73C-4176EF4609BA.png

626428B5-84AF-42DA-AF73-52E84772CB63.png

AFD17E35-CB6C-470F-B6EA-133CA45DDC73.png

CE44C102-F282-4853-B6BD-64E065917AEC.png

Also, the position shown as CM is never a CM, rather that player is a BBM or RP

On 09/01/2023 at 18:33, leedsunited87 said:

@Marc Vaughan just a quick one. Love playing FM, I have the top range phone. Work alot so can smash through a season really quickly. So just a thought, i think 30 seasons is quite a small career. I understand why it's at that level with some phones can't handle it etc. With players retiring every year, it's still really fast at season 30. So will get to the point, could their be anything in the future (regarding unlimited seasons) as a extra? I understand not all phones can do this, so I wouldn't mind paying like a extra 5 pound for unlimited seasons. This way it would be up to the user if they want that or not. 

The reason its capped at 30 seasons is to allow testing from start to finish and the product to have a 'known' memory footprint, without this it'd be difficult to ensure stability across the range of devices we support (some of which are quite long in the tooth now and restricted in memory available).

I'll see if we can increase it in the future - but I can't promise it'll be possible in the short-term.

Edited by Marc Vaughan
On 10/01/2023 at 17:11, DoneHisCruciate said:

Sort of related to this but can you guys lower the starting age of the manager? I’m only in the 18th season and my guy is 70 and the game is already talking about him taking on his last management gig! 😂

lol - will do, that is entirely my fault as I think its using my age/date of birth behind the scenes as a default ... sadly I'm not a spring chicken any more ;)

5 hours ago, WeirsElk said:

Here are some shots of my team setup. Midfield positions and roles will change game to game ( usually dropping a defensive player deeper or my AP/AM into a more central position) .

I also somewhat frequently adjust width between “narrow” and “balanced”; defensive line between “high” and “balanced”; and tempo between “fast” and “balanced”.

I will almost never alter passing length (very occasionally I’ll switch to “direct”) and only really play with “Run at defenders” or “through balls”, rarely selecting other final third options.

5F2E1CF3-98BA-4CA5-B73C-4176EF4609BA.png

626428B5-84AF-42DA-AF73-52E84772CB63.png

AFD17E35-CB6C-470F-B6EA-133CA45DDC73.png

CE44C102-F282-4853-B6BD-64E065917AEC.png

I found playing the IFs at the CF line make them cut inside more and make them cross the ball less, and also because I don't play any central striker role in my tactic and use SS instead, so they don't have any "target" to cross to. But be wary though, playing them higher up the pitch will leave the space vulnerable to opposing wingbacks.

5 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

lol - will do, that is entirely my fault as I think its using my age/date of birth behind the scenes as a default ... sadly I'm not a spring chicken any more ;)

Well, I think the age is just fine! 🤣

9 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

In a few editions we will see a 100 y/o manager

On 12/01/2023 at 05:10, broodje kip said:

In a few editions we will see a 100 y/o manager

lol - thanks for rubbing it in ;)

(I've been at SI longer than some of the younger players have been alive now - it'll be 26 years this April, bizarrely enough I joined April 1st 1997 ... I'm an April Fools joke on the studio which went wrong ;) ).

33 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

lol - thanks for rubbing it in ;)

(I've been at SI longer than some of the younger players have been alive now - it'll be 26 years this April, bizarrely enough I joined April 1st 1997 ... I'm an April Fools joke on the studio which went wrong ;) ).

Cor, I remember playing cm 03/04 in college. Still one of the best games I've ever played, pure brilliance 

11 hours ago, leedsunited87 said:

Cor, I remember playing cm 03/04 in college. Still one of the best games I've ever played, pure brilliance 

03/04 was an excellent version of the game but 01/02 will forever be no.1 for me. 😉

15 hours ago, Woody said:

03/04 was an excellent version of the game but 01/02 will forever be no.1 for me. 😉

I remember Cristiano as F R/L/C, wonder how that translates in todays game :D

16 hours ago, Woody said:

00/01 for me. Florentin Petre crossing to Martin Palermo was a treat. Also, Saviola, Aimar and Riquelme beggining their careers and available rather cheaply.

I wasted so many hours playing that thing...

Dont know if anyones mentioned this already but if anyones found an older player in the game before then i must know! Came across this dude earlier this afternoon.

On his club history his first year listed is 87/88. Madness

737854591_Screenshot_20230115-233245_FM23Mobile.thumb.jpg.b108b9f0c7056f4a60bff6dbe1d3bd6a.jpg

On 15/01/2023 at 00:06, Black Hawk said:

00/01 for me. Florentin Petre crossing to Martin Palermo was a treat. Also, Saviola, Aimar and Riquelme beggining their careers and available rather cheaply.

I wasted so many hours playing that thing...

I remember always buying Richard Rufus from Charlton as he was reletively cheap. Ended up world class. In prison for 7 years now. Mental! 🤣

7 hours ago, TehSpaceGiraffe said:

Dont know if anyones mentioned this already but if anyones found an older player in the game before then i must know! Came across this dude earlier this afternoon.

737854591_Screenshot_20230115-233245_FM23Mobile.thumb.jpg.b108b9f0c7056f4a60bff6dbe1d3bd6a.jpg

Isnt that Japanese bloke still going...Miura. not sure if you find him if you load up all the asian leagues. Plays in the J-League and he is 55.

11 hours ago, TehSpaceGiraffe said:

Just to mention,  in case anyone wonders, this isn't a bug - he's a player in real-life, largely because he's a keeper and also assistant manager at the club's he's at - he doesn't play a heck of a lot (as you'd imagine ;) ).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Bastock

Edited by Marc Vaughan
24 minutes ago, Resurgam said:

I’m 35 years old why am I laughing at this

Some things will never not be funny. 

@Marc VaughanAny idea why I have to put up with these crap news items in my game?

Hello. So I just resign from Ajax after 2 seasons and become an interm manager at Man. United after they sacked tem Hag. The board set the expectations to the team to finish in the mid-table position, and now I took them to the European spot, but the board seems disappointed instead of happy. Is this another bug or not? And if I finish the season in 6th or above, will I get sacked?

Screenshot_2023-01-19-08-38-33-252_com.sega.soccer.eleven.jpg

Screenshot_2023-01-19-10-14-23-672_com.sega.soccer.eleven.jpg

Screenshot_2023-01-19-10-14-51-316_com.sega.soccer.eleven.jpg

9 hours ago, Dagustinus710 said:

Hello. So I just resign from Ajax after 2 seasons and become an interm manager at Man. United after they sacked tem Hag. The board set the expectations to the team to finish in the mid-table position, and now I took them to the European spot, but the board seems disappointed instead of happy. Is this another bug or not? And if I finish the season in 6th or above, will I get sacked?

Screenshot_2023-01-19-08-38-33-252_com.sega.soccer.eleven.jpg

Screenshot_2023-01-19-10-14-23-672_com.sega.soccer.eleven.jpg

I was once in this position, in the beginning of the new season they will sack you 80%. This must be a bug, I posted it too in the bugs thread about this.

@Marc Vaughan

So guys I've been playing fmm23 on an infinix S5 lite( it's 6.6) inches if that's anything to go by) without any problems but ever since I bought this redmi 10c which is 6.71 inches 

They game scaled down in such a horrific manner 

It's totally normal in the loading screen but then it just scales down ( stretch display is horrible btw)

Is there a way to fix this or I'm stuck with it

Screenshot_2023-01-20-21-25-53-496_com.sega.soccer.eleven.jpg

Screenshot_2023-01-20-21-25-22-968_com.sega.soccer.eleven.jpg

On 19/01/2023 at 09:30, Rehans said:

I was once in this position, in the beginning of the new season they will sack you 80%. This must be a bug, I posted it too in the bugs thread about this.

Please throw me a save game with this issue and I'll take a look, thanks :)

Is it just me or is it quite impossible to score anymore? 
So I haven’t played for a bit, I come back to my save where Haaland wrecked EPL with 100 league goals in first season and non of tactics work anymore. I’m lucky to get 2 goals out of him on a good day.
I get they fixed corners, which, admit it, most people loved. But rigging the game like this… 40+ crosses from WBa and Ws. 20+ header attempts and around 15ish successful attempts. 10-15 shots about 6-10 on target and he walks with big fat fc****g 0 goals. 

what am I missing here?

after all (for me at least) it’s just a game to have fun and wreck stuff. Have been since 03/04 (best imo)

9 hours ago, Varf on fmm said:

Is it just me or is it quite impossible to score anymore? 
So I haven’t played for a bit, I come back to my save where Haaland wrecked EPL with 100 league goals in first season and non of tactics work anymore. I’m lucky to get 2 goals out of him on a good day.
I get they fixed corners, which, admit it, most people loved. But rigging the game like this… 40+ crosses from WBa and Ws. 20+ header attempts and around 15ish successful attempts. 10-15 shots about 6-10 on target and he walks with big fat fc****g 0 goals. 

what am I missing here?

after all (for me at least) it’s just a game to have fun and wreck stuff. Have been since 03/04 (best imo)

Tweak your tactic, the AI this year seems to be improving and adapt to your tactic