Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Pokemon

Dec

I think it looks good, but its Pokemon so I'm kind of bound to like it, since getting my 3DS I seem to have found a new love for it after not playing previous ones too much. I can't wait for it, hope there's new things incorporated into it!

I thought I was burnt out during my play through of ORAS but I'm really excited for these. I also started working on a living Pokedex, managed to get a massive chunk done but taking a break for now. 

I'm currently doing the living Pokedex on my AS, if, from my brief google of it, its just having one of each in your possession. I also want to try and get them all to level 100 as well, if I can still be bothered when I get around to that part. My main problem is the GTS, was looking for a Spearow other week and all of the ones that came up were asking for a legendary in return. Not doing too bad at moment, got quite a few and a few I need to evolve as well, just the legendaries I'm wary of.

Yeah one of each. 

What I did was offer some bred Pokemon, LV1 Chansey seemed to do well for example and I just offered them for what I needed. Worked well for a lot of random stuff tbh. 

The 3ds is likely my all time favourite console, I just love it. The 3ds library is solid and it can play all DS games which is a stupid amount. Then you have the eshop full of indie games and the virtual console. It's just a spectacular system in general IMO. 

You can also play every Pokemon generation on it (Red/Blue on VC), then all the DS games + remakes and obviously the three new games. I could speak for weeks on my love and experiences with the 3ds :D. 

On 04/10/2016 at 15:22, Ashez said:

I'm so excited for Sun and Moon, anyone else? 

yup im looking forward to it :) i completed all pokemon games starting from red blue yellow etc even all mystery dungeons :) somehow i got banned on pokemon go even though i did nothing wrong and it was their fault lol. their reason on banning me was that i caught pokemon on my local golf course lol.

Played all the main games but not many spin offs, enjoyed Pokemon Conquest but it was a tad shallow. Never bothered with the dungeon and ranger games though. 

36 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Played all the main games but not many spin offs, enjoyed Pokemon Conquest but it was a tad shallow. Never bothered with the dungeon and ranger games though. 

Dungeon was okay when Red and Blue rescue team was released but then the series started to become quite repetitive when explorers of time and darkness was released. Ranger always annoyed me because you had to release your Pokemon after a while and I believe in essence this defeats the whole purpose of Pokemon when you're meant to 'catch them all'. Honestly I didn't mind conquest but I agree it was shallow and the only benefit of conquest was the shiny Rayquaza that was released to help launch the game:P

If they redid the conquest idea but with Fire Emblem and Pokemon it would be freaking amazing. Like my dream game at the moment I think haha. 

6 hours ago, Ashez said:

If they redid the conquest idea but with Fire Emblem and Pokemon it would be freaking amazing. Like my dream game at the moment I think haha. 

That would be good and combining two Nintendo franchises might lead to a popularity growth in fire emblem series which would be great and this might lead to more games bring released

2 hours ago, Real_Random said:

That would be good and combining two Nintendo franchises might lead to a popularity growth in fire emblem series which would be great and this might lead to more games bring released

It almost happened but idea was cancelled due to Conquest. With Fire Emblem now being a massive series for Nintendo it could be a great money maker as both series are huge ATM. Awakening is likely my favourite 3ds game, top three at least. Fates was good but I had some issues with it. 

Currently playing DQVII and it's a lot of fun, trying my best to have it finished in time for Sun/Moon but not likely as it's a stupidly big game, just got to keep chipping away at it. 

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

It almost happened but idea was cancelled due to Conquest. With Fire Emblem now being a massive series for Nintendo it could be a great money maker as both series are huge ATM. Awakening is likely my favourite 3ds game, top three at least. Fates was good but I had some issues with it. 

Currently playing DQVII and it's a lot of fun, trying my best to have it finished in time for Sun/Moon but not likely as it's a stupidly big game, just got to keep chipping away at it. 

I know, with fire emblem I don't think I had heard of it until late last year when I saw the awakenings and fates bundle but now it seems to have game after game coming out and combined with the mobile version which has been discussed it seems fire emblem is finally getting it's big break outside Japan. Sun/Moon looks great and I can't wait to play it but my fear is when the NX comes out will the NX's Pokemon game be new or simply a port of sun/moon? And depending which route Nintendo takes Sun/Moon could either be the start of something great or the beginning of the end for handheld systems.

Yeah Fire Emblem has become one of Nintendo's second tier titles now with ease. My first experience with it was the DS game but Awakening is my favourite. 

The NX has basically been confirmed as a hybrid at this point so it will be a handheld with some type or connectivity to a TV to be a more standard console. The rumoured Pokemon game after the NX's release is likely going to be S/M HD or eclipse or something as it's rumoured to be made by Gamefreak who only make the core games and it's unlikely they'll have a new game by then. 

The 3ds is getting support until 2018 by looks of it as they're in no rush to kill it off compared to the WiiU. Even if the NX does well I can't see the handheld line not ever having a dedicated system tbh. 

The popular theory with Pokemon is a reboot is in mind or coming which is somewhat needed. I just can't wait to see what unfolds with Pokemon and the NX tbh. The NX reveal has to be within the next two weeks IMO, financial meeting on 28th IIRC and I can't see them going to that with NX still under wraps, apparently it was being revealed in September but plan was changed at the last min for unknown reasons. 

18 hours ago, Ashez said:

Yeah Fire Emblem has become one of Nintendo's second tier titles now with ease. My first experience with it was the DS game but Awakening is my favourite. 

The NX has basically been confirmed as a hybrid at this point so it will be a handheld with some type or connectivity to a TV to be a more standard console. The rumoured Pokemon game after the NX's release is likely going to be S/M HD or eclipse or something as it's rumoured to be made by Gamefreak who only make the core games and it's unlikely they'll have a new game by then. 

The 3ds is getting support until 2018 by looks of it as they're in no rush to kill it off compared to the WiiU. Even if the NX does well I can't see the handheld line not ever having a dedicated system tbh. 

The popular theory with Pokemon is a reboot is in mind or coming which is somewhat needed. I just can't wait to see what unfolds with Pokemon and the NX tbh. The NX reveal has to be within the next two weeks IMO, financial meeting on 28th IIRC and I can't see them going to that with NX still under wraps, apparently it was being revealed in September but plan was changed at the last min for unknown reasons. 

Well Gamefreak will have hopefully been working on  a NX title while S/M was almost at the end of development. I agree with your NX predictions because any longer and Nintendo will lose all their hype that has been built and with your prediction that the handhelds will always have their own line, I'm not too convinced with this because Nintendo could either make double the games (NX and 3ds games) or make half the games for one dedicated console that could take on  Smartphones, Sony and Microsoft at once. From a business view it seems a no brainier but from a fans view I actually like having two different Nintendo consoles because it means a bigger library of games because why would Nintendo release two AAA Mario games (like it has been doing for quite sometime) when it could just release one for both handheld and Console.

4 hours ago, Real_Random said:

Well Gamefreak will have hopefully been working on  a NX title while S/M was almost at the end of development. I agree with your NX predictions because any longer and Nintendo will lose all their hype that has been built and with your prediction that the handhelds will always have their own line, I'm not too convinced with this because Nintendo could either make double the games (NX and 3ds games) or make half the games for one dedicated console that could take on  Smartphones, Sony and Microsoft at once. From a business view it seems a no brainier but from a fans view I actually like having two different Nintendo consoles because it means a bigger library of games because why would Nintendo release two AAA Mario games (like it has been doing for quite sometime) when it could just release one for both handheld and Console.

If I remember correctly the Pokemon game was said to be a year into the NX which seems a quick turn around for them, so I'd expect eclipse or a HD remake. I can't see it being a new gen or the reboot. 

If it's not announced this month (the NX) it won't be releasing in March, no way it can have that quick a turn around. March is a hard time to launch a system but I don't think they can wait until the holiday season. Either way we'll know by the financials what's happening. 

That's been the issue with 3ds and WiiU though, the studios are too small to support both systems. That's why it's almost been one strong year for WiiU, then 3ds and so on. I believe it's all been restructured as one team or something, I forget lol. If the NX is a hybrid it would support handheld style games which could be played on the TV while also hopefully having console style games which can be played on the go. The new Zelda is confirmed for NX, that portable sounds amazing yet mental from the footage we've seen. 

Nintendo focuses on Japan so with that in mind I think the NX will lean more towards a handheld than a console as consoles rarely do well there. Tbh everything is just up in the air until this thing is revealed. 

10 hours ago, Ashez said:

If I remember correctly the Pokemon game was said to be a year into the NX which seems a quick turn around for them, so I'd expect eclipse or a HD remake. I can't see it being a new gen or the reboot. 

If it's not announced this month (the NX) it won't be releasing in March, no way it can have that quick a turn around. March is a hard time to launch a system but I don't think they can wait until the holiday season. Either way we'll know by the financials what's happening. 

That's been the issue with 3ds and WiiU though, the studios are too small to support both systems. That's why it's almost been one strong year for WiiU, then 3ds and so on. I believe it's all been restructured as one team or something, I forget lol. If the NX is a hybrid it would support handheld style games which could be played on the TV while also hopefully having console style games which can be played on the go. The new Zelda is confirmed for NX, that portable sounds amazing yet mental from the footage we've seen. 

Nintendo focuses on Japan so with that in mind I think the NX will lean more towards a handheld than a console as consoles rarely do well there. Tbh everything is just up in the air until this thing is revealed. 

You have just hit the nail on the head when comes to what is rumoured to be coming out and honestly these rumours plus others I have read have me exited but the problem is Nintendo's silence scares me because no reveal means no reason to buy the console apart from the fact it is Nintendo and will have Pokemon on it. The only we really know is the release date of March and it can't be later due to the end of Nintendo's fiscal year. I agree we need a reveal by the end of the month or else there will be a delay.

Their financial meeting is 28th IIRC, Pokemon has news on 14th and 18th and I think I saw Xbox has an announcement on the 22nd. That makes me think maybe this Wednesday? Or week Wednesday/Thursday? Or between 23rd and 28th. 

So hard to even predict as it's defo a video presentation at this point (no media leaks of a live reveal etc and those take time/planning). Historically with directs etc we only get a days notice so it can hit at anytime. 

I grew up watching and playing pokemon..I played them on gbc,gba and ds..ever since 3ds came out I stopped playing as I do not have 3ds and don't plan on getting one..I still play some older versions here and there..if I recall correctly I played fire red and diamond most..loads of hours in those two

I'm finding myself in full agreement with Ashez. My 3DS has rapidly become my new favourite toy.
I was a wanker teenager when R/B/Y came out, and it took me a while to pull my head out of my rear end and check the games out. I certainly fell in love with the reboots, Fire Red/Leaf Green, and Sapphire, for some reason, ate an inordinate amount of my time. I recently got back into the series and I'm finding just so much to do that it's almost overwhelming. That, and I don't want to put the game down. At one point, I restarted and went a -tiny- bit OCD. I realised I'd hit around 14 hours of play without so much as reaching the first gym. Well, the first gym you're capable of competing in.  I had spent hours wandering around the opening area getting my PokeNav rating high enough to catch 3* pokemon.

Sun and Moon look interesting. I'll certainly pick one of them up sooner or later. Might depend on how FMM17 strikes me. If it's anything like this year, my 3DS is in for a workout.

Edited by BleedsBlue
Didn't make sense
7 hours ago, Ashez said:

Their financial meeting is 28th IIRC, Pokemon has news on 14th and 18th and I think I saw Xbox has an announcement on the 22nd. That makes me think maybe this Wednesday? Or week Wednesday/Thursday? Or between 23rd and 28th. 

So hard to even predict as it's defo a video presentation at this point (no media leaks of a live reveal etc and those take time/planning). Historically with directs etc we only get a days notice so it can hit at anytime. 

Yeah, I read somewhere that the 5th anniversary of Direct is some point in late October (can't remember the date) and it had been alleged that an announcement could happen then to celebrate but that seems a bit too close to November for my liking as (just like September) October could come and go with no word on the NX.

4 hours ago, Real_Random said:

Yeah, I read somewhere that the 5th anniversary of Direct is some point in late October (can't remember the date) and it had been alleged that an announcement could happen then to celebrate but that seems a bit too close to November for my liking as (just like September) October could come and go with no word on the NX.

I believe that date is the 21st, I've seen that thrown around away. The waiting is driving me crazy haha. 

9 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I believe that date is the 21st, I've seen that thrown around away. The waiting is driving me crazy haha. 

I know what you mean. Nintendo could have a winner on their hands but won't sell much if they turn their fans off the product by not releasing it. I'm also eagerly awaiting the official release. 

14 minutes ago, Real_Random said:

I know what you mean. Nintendo could have a winner on their hands but won't sell much if they turn their fans off the product by not releasing it. I'm also eagerly awaiting the official release. 

Tbh I'm not that worried, I think it's better if they take their time and release/reveal something they are happy with. Hopefully they're working on getting a solid release line up and a solid year of games after. 

Not much is rumoured as yet though, many expect updated WiiU games to be ported to NX (Mario maker, Smash, Splatoon etc) and all we know about is Zelda (tech a port still) and Just Dance with Pokemon and Mario later on (Mario said to be at E3 next year) I think. 

We only know about the NX due to the mobile games, once they were revealed they had to Annouce the new system to show they've not jumped ship. So I assume we discovered its existence way earlier than we should have/was intended which has led to this process dragging on. 

10 hours ago, Ashez said:

Tbh I'm not that worried, I think it's better if they take their time and release/reveal something they are happy with. Hopefully they're working on getting a solid release line up and a solid year of games after. 

Not much is rumoured as yet though, many expect updated WiiU games to be ported to NX (Mario maker, Smash, Splatoon etc) and all we know about is Zelda (tech a port still) and Just Dance with Pokemon and Mario later on (Mario said to be at E3 next year) I think. 

We only know about the NX due to the mobile games, once they were revealed they had to Annouce the new system to show they've not jumped ship. So I assume we discovered its existence way earlier than we should have/was intended which has led to this process dragging on. 

Couldn't agree more.  The problem is what games will they have ready for the NX? I like Zelda and all but Mario and Pokemon are what make me buy Nintendo products plus whatever other games Nintendo have coming. I'm excited and eagerly awaiting the next Pokemon games but with the NX on the horizon it will be interesting if Pokemon features prominently in Nintendo's last roll of the dice.

40 minutes ago, Real_Random said:

Couldn't agree more.  The problem is what games will they have ready for the NX? I like Zelda and all but Mario and Pokemon are what make me buy Nintendo products plus whatever other games Nintendo have coming. I'm excited and eagerly awaiting the next Pokemon games but with the NX on the horizon it will be interesting if Pokemon features prominently in Nintendo's last roll of the dice.

Impossible to guess, just have to hope news comes soon :).