Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

15 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Try playing pretty well and still going out 😂. Arsenal with an excellent Newcastle impression though 🎣

It was a boring ass game Ash. Wanted Liverpool to win, cant stand Arsenal.

9 minutes ago, Woody said:

It was a boring ass game Ash. Wanted Liverpool to win, cant stand Arsenal.

That Jota/Minamino chance :(

Leno was brilliant tonight for Arsenal. Deservedly MOTM. I know a lot of Arsenal fans had been moaning about him on Twitter because they sold Martinez but great performance by him and Adrian done well tonight as well.

9 hours ago, Ashez said:

That Jota/Minamino chance :(

I know, i would of shot him there and then 😂

Some pundits were saying it came at him too quickly for him to react. He is a top footballer and should of scored. 

Tbh i dont think Klopp will be too fussed about it.

So what’s everyone’s opinion of the best EPL transfer this transfer window so far?

Barkley to Villa on loan is mine. A talented player with something to prove at a club that should be built around him (and Grealish). 

31 minutes ago, Rob said:

So what’s everyone’s opinion of the best EPL transfer this transfer window so far?

Barkley to Villa on loan is mine. A talented player with something to prove at a club that should be built around him (and Grealish). 

Maybe James Rodriguez 😉

The James Rodriguez one stands out for me as well, never know if Bale gets fit and plays minutes, could be a great signing, I hope so for Wales 😁

I think for the future Havertz could be a class signing, a lot of money though to wait for him to settle.

4 minutes ago, Rob said:

See, I just think James will tail off as the season goes on. Just my opinion. 

You could be right, he hasn’t got the best track record for fitness and injuries. 

I think Emiliano Martinez is a great signing for Villa, a big problem for them last season was between the stick, him, Barkley and Watkins improve them.

Massive fan of Ethan Ampadu as well, think if he plays a lot for Sheffield United, he will do brilliant, oozes class when he plays for wales and you’d never think he was so young.

Sheffield United have pulled off a few solid bits of business. I’d be interested to know @Ian and @Ashez thoughts on them signing Brewster.

Leeds have pulled off some smart signings too. Leeds and Everton have really demonstrated the benefits of having the pull of a top class manager.

I’ve got it in my head that James will be a bit inconsistent but it’s just one of those feelings that you get and not based on much. I do think Everton are going in the right direction though under a great manager and think they’ll do very well this season.

4 minutes ago, Rob said:

Sheffield United have pulled off a few solid bits of business. I’d be interested to know @Ian and @Ashez thoughts on them signing Brewster.

I hope he does very well as he looks really good. He just wasn’t going to realistically play much for us this season so guess it was either this or another loan. He has the buy back clause but in truth, I don’t expect to see him back. Again, just one of those feelings and hope I’m wrong. I’ve gone for my wildcard in the VPL this week and having already picked my team, I’m very tempted to change things now and put Brewster in at £4.5m.

1 hour ago, Rob said:

See, I just think James will tail off as the season goes on. Just my opinion. 

Probably mate, he very well might do.

Hopwfully Ancelotti will keep him in check.

We do a £20 entry fee for sun dream team in my town, and I’ve got James Rodriguez in mine, there’s 300 teams, up to 14th now, top 10 get paid, hope he’s not inconsistent 🤣

2 hours ago, RichDave32 said:

We do a £20 entry fee for sun dream team in my town, and I’ve got James Rodriguez in mine, there’s 300 teams, up to 14th now, top 10 get paid, hope he’s not inconsistent 🤣

I’d cash in on him now. 🤪

11 hours ago, leedsunited87 said:

Now thats a result and a half, apprently we held our own as well. Very happy with a point 

After 20-30 minutes you were the better team IMO. City had more ball, but you countered brilliantly. Bielsa looked like he put two strikers wide and no one in the middle to get in behind their fullbacks and it worked a treat.

Leeds are wonderfully entertaining. 

10 hours ago, Woody said:

Brucey got it right.....ASM was immense tonight. Far better with four at the back.

Aaaaaahhhh so today we like Bruce. 😘

53 minutes ago, Rob said:

After 20-30 minutes you were the better team IMO. City had more ball, but you countered brilliantly. Bielsa looked like he put two strikers wide and no one in the middle to get in behind their fullbacks and it worked a treat.

Leeds are wonderfully entertaining. 

Aaaaaahhhh so today we like Bruce. 😘

When he gets it right......yes 😉

Just now, Rob said:

Is this the season Burnley finally don’t outperform and go down?

Not sure. They played better 2nd half.

They need some investment in the squad, they never spend much and eventually it catches up. I think they will be safe though....just.

6 minutes ago, Ashez said:

It's mad that £120m on Sancho would have stopped this and made them world title challengers. 

Haha. They need a lot of work. Spurs’ squad is a lot, lot stronger.

3 minutes ago, Rob said:

Haha. They need a lot of work. Spurs’ squad is a lot, lot stronger.

Pierre-Emile Højbjerg is a very underrated signing. I've always liked the grafters who let everyone else do their job though like Gini is ours. So many Liverpool fans shit on Gini but he's that extra protection and player that keeps us ticking over. When everything goes wrong they can look awful and stink out the place I admit but they're a vital cog in a flowing machine. 

United are just arrogant and useless. They've not built a squad since Fergie left and instead signed big names to please the brand's. It's like people make out they don't spend, but they do and massively but on utter shit without a plan. That's way over £200m of defender out their for them isn't it? Maguire £80m, AWB £50m, Bailey £30m and Shaw £30m iirc. I think only City have spent worse than that.