Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

58 minutes ago, Rich said:

This is the first time in so long where I’m actually looking forward to a January transfer window, roll on January 😂

Ive not worn Newcastle shirt in yonks and i said i wouldnt while Ashley was in charge. If this window goes well and that squad looks stronger there is a chance i will be wearing the armour once more 😆

2 hours ago, Rich said:

This is the first time in so long where I’m actually looking forward to a January transfer window, roll on January 😂

I'm not excited at all. All the names being linked with us are ludicrous! Not only because most of them are being paid small fortunes where they're at but because why would they come to be involved in a serious relegation battle? There's just too much silliness being talked about it's doing my head in.

Even the more realistic ones don't make sense to me.

1 hour ago, Woody said:

Ive not worn Newcastle shirt in yonks and i said i wouldnt while Ashley was in charge. If this window goes well and that squad looks stronger there is a chance i will be wearing the armour once more 😆

I've never stopped wearing mine. I never purchased from fat Mike (always DHGate) so wear mine with pride. 👌

3 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

I'm not excited at all. All the names being linked with us are ludicrous! Not only because most of them are being paid small fortunes where they're at but because why would they come to be involved in a serious relegation battle? There's just too much silliness being talked about it's doing my head in.

Even the more realistic ones don't make sense to me.

I've never stopped wearing mine. I never purchased from fat Mike (always DHGate) so wear mine with pride. 👌

Party pooper!!! 

I am not interested in who’s being linked too much in the papers, they are barely ever right. Especially as we have only just brought a transfer consultant in. But how can you not be excited at the prospect of us not having to play Clark etc anymore 😳

Your negativity isn’t making me negative 🤪

29 minutes ago, Rich said:

Party pooper!!! 

I am not interested in who’s being linked too much in the papers, they are barely ever right. Especially as we have only just brought a transfer consultant in. But how can you not be excited at the prospect of us not having to play Clark etc anymore 😳

Your negativity isn’t making me negative 🤪

Who can we realistically sign better than him in our current predicament? Be honest with yourself.

Plus, it's January. Notoriously difficult to sign players as clubs won't sell unless they have replacements ready.

Edited by Dai_
3 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

Who can we realistically sign better than him in our current predicament? Be honest with yourself.

Plus, it's January. Notoriously difficult to sign players as clubs won't sell unless they have replacements ready.

Anyone is better than the CB’s we currently have come on 😂

Im not expecting loads in January but I genuinely believe we can get a couple of decent loans and it does sound like the Trippier one is looking likely. That’s a big improvement on that side of the pitch with just that signing. 

Just now, Rich said:

Anyone is better than the CB’s we currently have come on 😂

Im not expecting loads in January but I genuinely believe we can get a couple of decent loans and it does sound like the Trippier one is looking likely. That’s a big improvement on that side of the pitch with just that signing. 

We need defenders. Is Trippier known for his defending? Nope! He's known for being brilliant at dead ball situations. As I said  why would you leave Atletico to be involved in our situation? Money. Not convinced signing "mercenaries" will help either.

I'm not pooping on the party but there has to be a sensible head used at times.

7 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

We need defenders. Is Trippier known for his defending? Nope! He's known for being brilliant at dead ball situations. As I said  why would you leave Atletico to be involved in our situation? Money. Not convinced signing "mercenaries" will help either.

I'm not pooping on the party but there has to be a sensible head used at times.

He has a bit more than a bit of dead ball situations, he’s also known to be a very good character, I’d rather have him than not have him. 

So you rather keep the defence we have by the sounds of it. I’ve never been unrealistic with who I think we’ll bring in. I don’t think Trippier is unrealistic as he’s said he wants to come back to England. Our defence is championship standard and we have to at least bring in a couple of defenders.

12 minutes ago, Rich said:

He has a bit more than a bit of dead ball situations, he’s also known to be a very good character, I’d rather have him than not have him. 

So you rather keep the defence we have by the sounds of it. I’ve never been unrealistic with who I think we’ll bring in. I don’t think Trippier is unrealistic as he’s said he wants to come back to England. Our defence is championship standard and we have to at least bring in a couple of defenders.

You think I'm happy with what we have? I'm not that stupid. As I said earlier. The names being thrown around are ludicrous. We are woeful at the back. We need defenders that can defend. That's my point. Tripper and Digne (the two I've seen mostly linked with us) are better going forward than defending. They will add quality going forward but won't stop us conceding any more than we are currently. It's just my opinion man. We definitely need better defenders but with it being January and the serious trouble we're in I don't see it being an easy window.

Tarkowski would be my top target. Again, leaving Burnley for us wouldn't be unthinkable but I'm sceptical of that too. I really hope we try to add some Premier League quality but I just can't see most deals happening. That's all.

10 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

You think I'm happy with what we have? I'm not that stupid. As I said earlier. The names being thrown around are ludicrous. We are woeful at the back. We need defenders that can defend. That's my point. Tripper and Digne (the two I've seen mostly linked with us) are better going forward than defending. They will add quality going forward but won't stop us conceding any more than we are currently. It's just my opinion man. We definitely need better defenders but with it being January and the serious trouble we're in I don't see it being an easy window.

Tarkowski would be my top target. Again, leaving Burnley for us wouldn't be unthinkable but I'm sceptical of that too. I really hope we try to add some Premier League quality but I just can't see most deals happening. That's all.

I know there not the best defensively but I still believe they are better than what we got. I personally think the CB and DM position is what will matter most in January, if we can get a couple of good CB’s then Digne and Trippier will look like really good signings IMO. 

Tarkowski is who I’d want as my no 1 target as well, he’s the kind of defender we need. But yeah I can’t see it happening in January. I bet there’s a lot of players we are looking at not mentioned yet.

When I said I’m excited it mostly due to the fact that going in to a window not expecting to lose players and that we may possibly get some decent players in. I don’t think we’re a million miles away if we get a solid base.

20 hours ago, Rich said:

He’s been heavily involved in England’s new “DNA”. Since he was involved with England they became a lot more successful on all grounds. He then left for Brighton and they haven’t done too badly.

He does look decent but apparently he didn’t want to come in the end. I quite like the thought of an Englishman brought in, he may understand the league and the fans more.

It's a shame for you that our fella Phil Giles is off the table - very astute and a childhood Toon fan, but he was very clear in a fan interview in the summer that he's a part of the furniture and heavily involved in our owner's "other ventures" and wouldn't be tempted by all the money in the world back home. Unluckyyyyy :D

1 hour ago, Mr Tree said:

It's a shame for you that our fella Phil Giles is off the table - very astute and a childhood Toon fan, but he was very clear in a fan interview in the summer that he's a part of the furniture and heavily involved in our owner's "other ventures" and wouldn't be tempted by all the money in the world back home. Unluckyyyyy :D

Yeah I’ve heard good things about him, I like Brentford so don’t want to weaken you just yet 😝

On another note, not the best of nights for poor @samhardy

We all excited about whose coming in, out 25 man is maxed out. We need to shift on some players if we want to sign 5/6 players. Do the Saudis rip up the contracts of some players? I don't think we will get many offers for our poor players but I could be wrong. Maybe loan out a few of them to make squad room

43 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

We all excited about whose coming in, out 25 man is maxed out. We need to shift on some players if we want to sign 5/6 players. Do the Saudis rip up the contracts of some players? I don't think we will get many offers for our poor players but I could be wrong. Maybe loan out a few of them to make squad room

Hopefully we can move a few on, be annoying if that’s the reason we can’t strengthen. Would be good if you could remove some players from your squad in January really.

2 hours ago, Rich said:

Hopefully we can move a few on, be annoying if that’s the reason we can’t strengthen. Would be good if you could remove some players from your squad in January really.

We can but imagine hoying 6 of them into the reserves if they don't sell 

4 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

We can but imagine hoying 6 of them into the reserves if they don't sell 

Seen us heavily linked with Joe Rodon, wonder how he would do in the prem cause he’s always great for Wales and I’ve got a soft spot for him 😂

4 hours ago, Rich said:

You can, I'm sure - but you still have to pay them if they have a contract 

17 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

You can, I'm sure - but you still have to pay them if they have a contract 

Ohh right, luckily we got enough money then really 😂

Decided earlier that Gateshead is going to be my new team. They have a somewhat Derby against Blyth on Boxing Day and if the high profile cancellations continue, perhaps they’ll end up on MOTD 🤣

1 hour ago, Ian said:

Decided earlier that Gateshead is going to be my new team. They have a somewhat Derby against Blyth on Boxing Day and if the high profile cancellations continue, perhaps they’ll end up on MOTD 🤣

Great choice. 

Edited by Woody
3 hours ago, Ian said:

Heed army is the best!

7 hours ago, Ian said:

Haven’t much idea of the club but I feel it’s the one for me now. Hopefully they will welcome me.

The Legend Ian Bogie welcomes you.

34 minutes ago, AdamNufc said:

Festive Spirit Optimism 

Newcastle 4 - 3 Man U 

Have you seen the team? Very strange selections considering I've seen numerous reports saying we're Covid free. Two GK's on the bench. Two youngsters also.

I fear we're gonna get tanked.

6 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

Have you seen the team? Very strange selections considering I've seen numerous reports saying we're Covid free. Two GK's on the bench. Two youngsters also.

I reckon Ritchie Clark and Willock have covid. Krafth and Manquillo starting on both full back positions. No wonder I'm drinking heavily pre match 

1 hour ago, Dai_ said:

You ain’t doing too bad. 😊

31 minutes ago, Rob said:

You ain’t doing too bad. 😊

Doubt you'll ever see a worse 45 minute performance from Man Utd in your life. 

If we don't go on to win this it'll be because Howe put Murphy on instead of Gayle to replace Wilson. Joelinton will likely be moved to CF which would be ludicrous as he's been the best player on the pitch as a CM/DM.

On another not. There are few players I want to punch in the face more than Bruno Fernandes. He is one moaning little bitch. Fair play. Would be an absolute pleasure to knock his goofy teeth out, or even straight... 🤷‍♂️