Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

I wonder how much of that was to Will Grigg’s agent and speaking of Grigg he came out with this yesterday saying he never wanted to leave Wigan which has been evident in his performances.

At no point would I ever have wanted to leave. I would love to return. At the time, I felt as though I was forced into… not forced, but I felt like I didn’t have a choice when they accepted the offer. I had to leave. I should not have left when I did

3 hours ago, Rob said:

@Ashez @Ian hangovers this morning?

No I’m fine, I’m taking it slow. Wouldn’t matter too much how we won it really but I think last night was the perfect way under the current circumstances with no fans at games. I know the presentation and stuff won’t be quite the same but the main moment for me is when that final whistle blows and you’ve won the thing.

I'm so happy, i can't believe it's finally happened! After so many near misses, especially after last year you had to think will it never happen! Rafa got us close, Rodgers even closer but Klopp has delivered what he promised. Two lost European finals, the second highest ever second place finish yet here we are now as Champions of England, of Europe and the World! 

This Premier League win lifts 30 years of burden, the squad and future squads are now free! Yes we'll demand continued success but we've crossed that line and lifted 30 years of hurt! If you think we're scary currently, just wait until you see us without the weight of history and failure on their shoulders. 

28 minutes ago, Ashez said:

This Premier League win lifts 30 years of burden, the squad and future squads are now free!

Doesn’t it increase the expectations and if you don’t win it again in the next few years all that pressure increases again.

1 hour ago, Foxy said:

Doesn’t it increase the expectations and if you don’t win it again in the next few years all that pressure increases again.

Obviously we'll be under pressure to continue being successful and I think the last four years will show we should be. However that'll never compare to the wait the club has endured, this is the first title in my life time ffs and I'm hardly young lol. 

All the pressure of winning the first PL title is gone and all the "you've never won the league" jokes are gone. You can see what the burden of bringing it home did to players like Gerrard for example, even Suarez and Torres. 

Now the pressure is just to continue collecting trophies which is the same pressure at 6 odd other clubs. 

Got to keep hold of Salah, hes the gem of your team. Unfortunately money talks and daft wages offered in which I cant see liverpool giving into daft wages. Will be interesting when the likes of Barcelona and Real starting sniffing round 

I really don’t get the “30 years of hurt” tbh. During that dreadful period Liverpool have won.

• 3x FA Cup
  • 4x League Cup
  • 2x Champions League
  • 1 UEFA Cup
  • 1 Club World Cup

The CWC probably doesn’t count as a major trophy but that’s 10 major trophies in that period. Including 3 major trophies in one season in 00/01.

Painful indeed 😳

7 minutes ago, Woody said:

Steve Bruce is a fucking tart!

Absolute disgusting way of playing a cup match! 

You were playing one of the best sides in Europe who can make far better teams than Newcastle look ordinary ffs!!

28 minutes ago, Foxy said:

You were playing one of the best sides in Europe who can make far better teams than Newcastle look ordinary ffs!!

I can understand in a league as it a whole season but in a knockout cup competition atleast give it a go. 

We gave them so much space to play in it was mental. 

On 26/06/2020 at 23:13, Rob said:

Who do you guys want as a VVD replacement when he leaves in the summer?

😉😘

Mustafi wouldn't be the worst idea...

Starting to hope Bournemouth go down tbh and I've never really seen the hype in Howe. It's mad how he's had like zero criticism from what I've seen but they've spent so much on trash, admittedly alot to our benefit but still on average players. 

10 minutes ago, Foxy said:

What a job this guy is doing considering he isn’t Spanish and he is working with both hands tied behind his back.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.jpeg.3660e659a947dc6b9c5179059f2328ec.jpeg

Their fans are beyond a joke.

Benitez

• Season 1 - Relegated (had plenty of time to turn it around)
  • Season 2 - Championship
  • Season 3 - 44 points from 38 games.
  • Season 4 - 45 points from 38 games

Bizarrely seen as some absolute hero who couldn’t be replaced.

Bruce

Hated from the first day for no good reason other than the fact that he managed us.

First season - 42 points from 32 games.

But nope he plays “shit football” (so did Rafa) they all want him replaced as soon as the “takeover” goes through. Honestly he could qualify them for Europe and they’d complain it was the Europa League not the Champions League.

Disrespectful and arrogant fanbase.

Not arsed. Slightly embarrassed but not arsed. City can pull anyone's pants down and when Gomez and the fullbacks seem still steaming it'll happen haha. Everyone else I thought played pretty well (before the soft pen but prob still a pen), just City were clinical and had slightly better chances as things didn't fall our way, although Salah should have changed the game (post hit/questionable Ederson red, without handball isn't Salah in on open goal? etc). Irrelevant either way tbh. 

I wouldn't even say City have played  well which is the scary thing, we should have punished their mistakes more as they did ours so hats off to them. Easily could have been 4-4 or god knows what imo, but City definitely deserved the 3 points. 

Champions of England and all that though! ;)

I much preferred last Thursday but I’d be lying if I said I was overly bothered about tonight. I thought we looked well up for it at the beginning so I won’t make any excuses as they deserved their win.

I just hope we can get some fans back into stadiums before the beginning of next season otherwise things are going to be a bit damp as far as I can see.

What do you think of the idea of Willian for us @Ashez? Obviously his age and higher wages not so good but if we can’t manage anything else he could be a good stop gap for me as I can see him being a good option for a couple of years.

14 hours ago, Ian said:

Willian

I'm undecided tbh mate, I've always liked him yet I don't think he's the answer. I do want another pacy and direct wide forward though as while I like what I've seen of Minamino he's no like for like Salah/Mane stand in.