Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

3 minutes ago, Woody said:

Propper made my weekend has that result.

Lad at work who sits next to me is a huge United fan 👍 

31 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Pierre-Emile Højbjerg is a very underrated signing. I've always liked the grafters who let everyone else do their job though like Gini is ours. So many Liverpool fans shit on Gini but he's that extra protection and player that keeps us ticking over. When everything goes wrong they can look awful and stink out the place I admit but they're a vital cog in a flowing machine. 

United are just arrogant and useless. They've not built a squad since Fergie left and instead signed big names to please the brand's. It's like people make out they don't spend, but they do and massively but on utter shit without a plan. That's way over £200m of defender out their for them isn't it? Maguire £80m, AWB £50m, Bailey £30m and Shaw £30m iirc. I think only City have spent worse than that. 

I agree on PEH. He seems a leader too, which a lot of fans don’t seem to factor in when judging signings but I’m sure is a huge thing to managers, especially one like Jose.

29 minutes ago, Rob said:

huge thing to managers, especially one like Jose.

Pep apparently loved him too at Bayern, they're two managers you'd want in your corner. I dunno if we were ever linked to him but if we needed a Gini replacement I'd likely have picked him. But we're so stacked in midfield now, hell our 9th choice CM (Gruijic) would improve United 🎣🎣

Where do we go from here, I have no f***ing idea, that is the worst performance I've seen since Fergie left, for years we were saved by De Gea being superhuman and I know it would be very easy and stupid to blame him, it's his job to save shots but when he's being left out to dry by a horrible defence and players who don't deserve to wear our shirt, ie Pogba, Maguire and Shaw spring to mind, if you aren't to put your all in and play for your place then frankly get the f*ck out, your not needed, we don't need players only there for a pay packet and our transfer strategy since Fergie left has been an utter mess, signing big names for big money on big wages, who don't give a fuck whether we win or lose, I'm ashamed to watch that shite today and only pure and utter luck at Brighton gave us 3 points otherwise we'd be on 0 points and in relegation, the season has only started but how can I be hopeful for a good season after watching that and whether we sign Sancho or not he isn't gonna make much difference to that complete garbage we currently have. 

@Aaron Thornton this isn’t aimed at you,  so don’t bite, but I do find it funny how Evra and all the United fans on Facebook, Twitter, etc, cannot comprehend United now not being in the upper echelons of football. Welcome to the real world fellas; welcome to being a fan of any other club in the 90s.

I've picked the best season to start watching football again. Before this season I hadn't watched any football since the World Cup.

6-1 to Tottenham earlier and now Villa 4-1 up, brilliant.

@Rob I get that no team stays at the top forever unless your Celtic or Rangers, but the mistakes and sheer greediness going on at Man U nowadays is so frustrating to see, we only sign a player if he'll sell a load of shirts, we don't have an identity for how we want to play, our idea of a tactical strategy is counter attack, if that doesn't work then we lie down and die and results like today and against Crystal Palace on day one

Edited by Aaron Thornton

Adrian is a terrible goalkeeper, even when he was at West Ham. No idea why Liverpool signed him, fair enough he is second choice but surely there were better options? 

3 minutes ago, Ian said:

Pressure off now as we’re basically beaten at this point. Just hope the boys at least give it a good go in the second half.

Mane is usually the one driving us on and never giving up, let's see if we can do that without him. Scoring 3/4 and not being destroyed on the counter is some ask though. 

Just now, Mikey said:

Adrian is a terrible goalkeeper, even when he was at West Ham. No idea why Liverpool signed him, fair enough he is second choice but surely there were better options? 

That's harsh. He's a good shot stopper just not a playing out from the back keeper, he played a vital role last season in the first 8 or so games. This and Atletico have been his big howlers. 

However if Alisson is going to be a little injury prone we do need a keeper up to out style in reserve. 

4 minutes ago, Ashez said:

That's harsh. He's a good shot stopper just not a playing out from the back keeper, he played a vital role last season in the first 8 or so games. This and Atletico have been his big howlers. 

However if Alisson is going to be a little injury prone we do need a keeper up to out style in reserve. 

All this playing out from the back is new to me. Seems like every team does it but too many keepers make mistakes attempting it. Happened to Pope yesterday and Adrian today.

3 deflected shots and a gift from the keeper......If I wasn't laughing I'd be bloody crying. Gomez also absolutely horrendous. 

5 minutes ago, Rob said:

Gomez has been poor for a while. If he wasn’t English he’d get a belting from fans.

He gets one anyway TBF

3 minutes ago, Foxy said:

image.gif.940e4931e71b38d2962aad3b0487bb66.gif

Need an extra finger up mate 

FML

5 minutes ago, Woody said:

WTF has gone on today???!!

One of those days where you expect to wake up in a minute ain’t it? In fact, it’s one of those years...

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

I still believe in the mentality monsters but karma is a bitch 😂😂

Isn't it just, what a strange day, this weekend needs to end before anything else completely nuts happens 

18 minutes ago, Rob said:

One of those days where you expect to wake up in a minute ain’t it? In fact, it’s one of those years...

I cannhalf understand the United result as they are so disfunctional its rediculous but the Liverpool score has just baffled me! Just dont understand how that happened. Leicester got battered aswell....crazy weekend! 

I mean Toon played bloody brilliant too 😂😂

Seriously, don’t really like Fabinho in midfield at all and think he’s probably the best man to partner VVD at centre back. Don’t think much of Keita and I’m pretty sure he’s not going to make it big here now. Mane is by a country mile our best player and I’ve always said as much on here previously and Bobby could do with a long rest I’d say.

Tough defeat but suppose at this stage it’s just that, a defeat. Think it’s going to be an interesting season this as i find myself looking at the fixture list and having no idea what the results are going to be.

Time for bed I think 😂

2 hours ago, Woody said:

I cannhalf understand the United result as they are so disfunctional its rediculous but the Liverpool score has just baffled me! Just dont understand how that happened. Leicester got battered aswell....crazy weekend! 

I mean Toon played bloody brilliant too 😂😂

I can't and won't defend that performance as it was utterly shit. However so much went Villa's way. The potential penalty claim which I think could have gone either way, then 3 deflected goals after a keeping error. Don't get me wrong they still beat us even if those events went differently but alot went against us. Our best performance in months verse Arsenal to that shambles. 

2 hours ago, Ian said:

Seriously, don’t really like Fabinho in midfield at all and think he’s probably the best man to partner VVD at centre back. Don’t think much of Keita and I’m pretty sure he’s not going to make it big here now. Mane is by a country mile our best player and I’ve always said as much on here previously and Bobby could do with a long rest I’d say.

Tough defeat but suppose at this stage it’s just that, a defeat. Think it’s going to be an interesting season this as i find myself looking at the fixture list and having no idea what the results are going to be.

Time for bed I think 😂

What? Fabinho is immense at DMC, much better than he is at CB. He kept Werner quiet twice and everyone lost their shit yet tonight and against Arsenal in the cup he was caught out multiple times. Fuck knows what's happened to Gomez though, he's dropped off a cliff. 

I have to disagree about Naby as well, he was totally the wrong sub today and Bobby should have been hooked. He's been woeful and Minamino deserves a run out. 

Well that weekend was eventful.

Personally, delighted over our performance, we looked sharp and dangerous with every attack, yes Liverpool were poor but, even a poor Liverpool side have beaten teams last season.