Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

I think it's a mixture of both to be honest because it's all well and good having a fantastic, out of this world youth system, but if that one great player comes along and comes through your youth system, becomes better than Messi and starts demanding more and more each week and you can't support his wages you'll find a transfer request on your desk the next day. Look at Man United, SAF buys and trains loads of youth players and has enough money to support their wage demands; that's why they're so dominant in English football.

It is just a shame most of the 'youth' Man Utd have been playing this season haven't come from there own youth academy :lol:

And if you are talking about youth you may as well talk about Everton! As with the lack of funds they have in buying players they are relying heavily on their youth to help them through the year.

Even more so, I hate repeating this but the EPL or football or football clubs in general is/are a business and are doing what they can to make money in the best way possible!

We shouldn't have blown a 3 goal lead and that was our fault, but Howard "Man Utd" Webb strikes again with a soft first penalty and very strange call on the 2nd where Ivanovic stuck his leg out to block a shot and Welbeck runs 2 yards and trips over a few seconds after.

Also loved the bias on Sky Sports' commentary arse-licking Manchester United every time they touched the ball.

First Penalty-Was a Penalty

Second- Harsh.... Very Harsh.

However you could also say well what about the two in the first half? If's and but's. We didn't deserve to lose as tbh I thought we were class. Rooney was sublime. United fans were as always superb.

But Dec let's not have too much bias ay? ;)

I think we should have a weekly Dec vs Jayz thread :P

I think both pens were harsh and it shows uniteds weaknesses atm needing 4 pens just to collect points while Chelseas defence needs major work and Rauls playing rather deep which is strange but overall i feel your just out of form and you'll pick up. I also think united were lucky Drogba was unavailable considering uniteds weakness in the air.

In truth i'm happy with the result because it keeps Chelsea in touching distantance for us while keeping United off the top :)

As I am saying to Niniev off FM-View, we should have won but no fault to United as we cannot hold a lead. The second one wasn't a penalty at all and Young should have been booked for diving.

Really a draw was the best result but it shouldn't have been and the match was entertaining with De Gea's save in extra time brilliant.

Rooney wasn't brilliant at all, he did very little in terms of anything and shouldn't have been man of the match. All he did was benefit from other players' good work and keep the ball rolling in AMC.

The commentators were well and truly bias and even my Mum picked up on that. Everytime Chelsea got the ball they would slate us about one thing or another but then they would be "brilliant". Also they seemed to be commentating from the United view saying Valencia fails to nick the ball off Malouda and not Malouda goes past Valencia like a neutral one would.

I think we should have a weekly Dec vs Jayz thread :P

I think both pens were harsh and it shows uniteds weaknesses atm needing 4 pens just to collect points while Chelseas defence needs major work and Rauls playing rather deep which is strange but overall i feel your just out of form and you'll pick up. I also think united were lucky Drogba was unavailable considering uniteds weakness in the air.

In truth i'm happy with the result because it keeps Chelsea in touching distantance for us while keeping United off the top :)

Aslong as it was kept fair and there wasn't the risk of a ban. I'd be up for it. And I don't agree about the 'weakness' as tbh the mental strength after shading a half and then falling behind 3-0 too come back shows that you've got something about you. The pens were strange however there were 2 in the first half that looked stronger cases.

As I am saying to Niniev off FM-View, we should have won but no fault to United as we cannot hold a lead. The second one wasn't a penalty at all and Young should have been booked for diving.

Really a draw was the best result but it shouldn't have been and the match was entertaining with De Gea's save in extra time brilliant.

Rooney wasn't brilliant at all, he did very little in terms of anything and shouldn't have been man of the match. All he did was benefit from other players' good work and keep the ball rolling in AMC.

The commentators were well and truly bias and even my Mum picked up on that. Everytime Chelsea got the ball they would slate us about one thing or another but then they would be "brilliant". Also they seemed to be commentating from the United view saying Valencia fails to nick the ball off Malouda and not Malouda goes past Valencia like a neutral one would.

I presumed you watched it on Sky? Did you not here what they said about the Young incident? As for De Gea he has shown momements. Agree to disagree as far as Wayne is concerned.

I watched Sky Sports HD and the second half even when we were 3-0 up they weren't praising us as much as they praised you when it was 3-2.

Rooney didn't influence the match as much as you're making out. All he did was move around and keep the ball moving where as you expect him to be a goal threat and he wasn't, Mata however was. I'd even go as far as saying Welbeck was above him in terms of performance.

Mentaly strong yes but needing 4 pens in two games to gain points isn't ideal lol.

Welcome to Skys commentry Dec, there in Fergies pocket simple as, they slate LFC every match and i can't wait for there one sided views next weekend.

Have you ever seen Utd lose when Webb has been in charge? No. Oh wow me neither.

Out of what he gave for the penalties, yes the first one was a clear cut penalty. The second one no that was not a penalty. United were diving about whenever they had a chance.

But the score line did reflect the game

Chelsea 3 - 3 Howard Webb

I watched Sky Sports HD and the second half even when we were 3-0 up they weren't praising us as much as they praised you when it was 3-2.

Rooney didn't influence the match as much as you're making out. All he did was move around and keep the ball moving where as you expect him to be a goal threat and he wasn't, Mata however was. I'd even go as far as saying Welbeck was above him in terms of performance.

Thats because tbh you didn't deserve to be 3-0 up! At Half time they went through the incident Jamie even said it was a foul. And Dec thats how he plays now, Welbeck/Cheech is the lone striker and Rooney drops in the pockets.

And I've seen Mata play a hell of alot better.

Speculations say Ferguson was unhappy with Webbs performance during the first half. During the break he gave him a good talking to which showed the true result :)

Mentaly strong yes but needing 4 pens in two games to gain points isn't ideal lol.

Welcome to Skys commentry Dec, there in Fergies pocket simple as, they slate LFC every match and i can't wait for there one sided views next weekend.

Like when they were making the digs about 'Fergie Time'

I know that's how Rooney plays but he was not a threat and wasn't brilliant. A lot of the time Essien, Luiz and Cahill had him covered and all he did was roll the ball on into another player without it being a threat.

Speculations say Ferguson was unhappy with Webbs performance during the first half. During the break he gave him a good talking to which showed the true result :)

I could understand fully why he would be unhappy. At the end of the day Boys-(Chelsea fans) You've got a point against a very good United side. And for us it's 2 dropped. None the less I'm still happy as we deserved atleast a point.

Additionally the 'penalties' he didnt give.

Young had his shirt pulled from behind but fell forwards. Im not physicists but I am pretty sure if you have a force pulling from behind you go backwards not forwards?

Cahill one was outside the box so that was not a penalty

Young had his shirt pulled from behind but fell forwards. Im not physicists but I am pretty sure if you have a force pulling from behind you go backwards not forwards?

These were my next points lol, although i think Cahill would have had a red card if the foul was given.

Right so your admitting he was being pulled back? Yes? Penalty, no matter what way he fell.

Cahill, Yes it was outside. Goalscoring chance............ You know what comes next.

"A very good United side". You're joking right? This is one of the worst United sides in a while and Fergie admits that it is a transitional side.

You think it is a point earned for us but sorry the history between us states that a draw is a point earned for you seeing as you've not won at the Bridge since 2002. Oh right you mean form, that is nothing in these games as proved today.

I know that's how Rooney plays but he was not a threat and wasn't brilliant. A lot of the time Essien, Luiz and Cahill had him covered and all he did was roll the ball on into another player without it being a threat.

Is that why the commentators pointed out how he somehow despite having Cahill, Luiz, Meiriles, Romeo, and Essien on the pitch he managed to get the ball in between the gap?

"A very good United side". You're joking right? This is one of the worst United sides in a while and Fergie admits that it is a transitional side.

You think it is a point earned for us but sorry the history between us states that a draw is a point earned for you seeing as you've not won at the Bridge since 2002. Oh right you mean form, that is nothing in these games as proved today.

Nope not at all. Second in the league and 2 points behind a team that have bought the World there is clearly something about us. And the fact of the matter is we were very good today. And the team hasn't changed alot since the worst team in a while last year, oh wait.

And on form yes it is a point earned. So were now for every game going to have to go back donkeys to find out if a points earned or not? What about last year? In the Champions League we went there and won.

I'd never trust the commentators there judgement is clouded.

If i was to pick MOTM it would be either Giggs or Mata but thats my opinion.

Yes the bias ones that arse licked you. Rooney played average and has played a lot better, he was very quiet at times and hardly created anything of danger.

Factually correct though. And Meh I really couldn't give two hoots. Absolutley Buzzing, Massive point.