Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Challenge Cup XI

27 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I do agree but a massive part of the CC is how you approach the challenge. Cleaver thinking can be just as dangerous as a killer tactic imo (it's always best to check your idea is legal mind). The challenge starts when you read it and not once you've loaded the save imo ;)

Anyway I'm delighted I managed to bring you some fun with this challenge :D 

I agree but I think we gotta be a little careful too tho. If the wording of the hosts matters then so does the interpretation of the readers. Non-natives specifically "could" be at a disadvantage in this case and hell.. even natives lol. I just don't think it would be right or fair or even fun to beat someone due to not having seen "the hidden clues" (not misreading).

Ideally, we'd be facing off in the center circle of a football pitch with our phones connected to four large screens in the stadium and all Vibers eagerly following each CC participants progress live as we alternate playing seat. Hell, if this is our future sign me up :)

16 hours ago, Taff said:

I'm using a formation I've used but it's very risky, but hopefully rewarding

You are not just allowed to use my formation mate ???

13 minutes ago, AndersJ said:

This is REALLY a challenge ! The best streak one can get here is a loosing one ?

To use Ashez's words, a challenge pushes you outside of your norms :) my norms are all over the place so it was a walk for me :P

10 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

To use Ashez's words, a challenge pushes you outside of your norms :) my norms are all over the place so it was a walk for me :P

On topic .....i cant decide which of theese great strikers remind me the most of a consistant goalscorer ?

1 minute ago, Risheek said:

I literally felt they were quite good a squad... what's up guys, pushed a bit out of the comfort zome and already whining? :P oh man up...

Lol, my team creates 4/5 chances a game but those lame strikers never score...

4 minutes ago, Jeroenvk94 said:

I have never in my life seen a team filled with as much piles of shit as this team...

I have. Feyenoord. :laugh:

Seriously tho, I guess you haven't played lower division or weaker leagues much. The opponents are just as "bad" so it's not that shitty ;)

1 hour ago, Taff said:

still a way to go but it's looking ok (touch wood)

Don't be too optimistic :)

9 minutes ago, PriZe said:

Qualification here i come! hehehe

Or... there you go!

2 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

I have. Feyenoord. :laugh:

Seriously tho, I guess you haven't played lower division or weaker leagues much. The opponents are just as "bad" so it's not that shitty ;)

I mainly play Dutch Eredivisie, which is a lot better ( quality wise ) than this bullshit competition :P 

Just now, Jeroenvk94 said:

I mainly play Dutch Eredivisie, which is a lot better ( quality wise ) than this bullshit competition :P 

I would love to make a comment on how Dutch football is poor, but then I remember I watch Scottish football what is almost as bad as non-league football. :'(

3 minutes ago, Rocket said:

I would love to make a comment on how Dutch football is poor, but then I remember I watch Scottish football what is almost as bad as non-league football. :'(

Ajax have sold for over 120 million last 2 years. Feyenoord for over 70 million the last 5 years. We aren't poor, we just keep getting screwed over by rich English clubs who rob us from youth players. Like Man United, there was a time where they could raise their own talents, now they just buy them from smaller clubs.... 

1 minute ago, Jeroenvk94 said:

Ajax have sold for over 120 million last 2 years. Feyenoord for over 70 million the last 5 years. We aren't poor, we just keep getting screwed over by rich English clubs who rob us from youth players. Like Man United, there was a time where they could raise their own talents, now they just buy them from smaller clubs.... 

It's the same down in Scotland for Celtic, the prem has got a good few bargains from us in the past few years.

One thing I noticed.. 

14 players get through making it 2x groups of 4 and 2x groups of 3?

Why not just make it 16 through and make it 4x groups of 4? Not make it a bit easier?

13 minutes ago, anfieldsquirrel said:

One thing I noticed.. 

14 players get through making it 2x groups of 4 and 2x groups of 3?

Why not just make it 16 through and make it 4x groups of 4? Not make it a bit easier?

Don't worry we know what we're doing ;)

Someone's scared of making top cult :P 

55 minutes ago, Rocket said:

It's the same down in Scotland for Celtic, the prem has got a good few bargains from us in the past few years.

There's a lot here :P 

van Dijk, Kuyt, Suarez, Wijnaldum, Tadic, Arnautovic, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Blind, Eriksen, Dembélé, Clasie...

@Everyone 

There seems to be some confusion on how to work out your total score so I'll clear that up now. 

Table to use is the championship table or whichever shows you playing 37 games. 

Take your win value and times it by 3 and add your amount of draws to that figure. After this +/- your goal difference. This is you league points. 

In the cups you get two points per round not fixture so two legged games still equal 2 points. Work out how many rounds you've passed and give yourself 2 points per round. Add this to your league total. 

The bonus points are one point per result in your longest undefeated run. If your run is 5 games you get 5 points and so on. And this total to your league and cup total. 

League + cup + bonus = final score.