Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Generous board

Mr.Manager

Just a quick post to show how generous my premier league board have been with their budgets this season...

58847873-92D5-4725-AA6F-C34ACE3EB44F.thumb.png.00c15f3e9c4e35d57a9897ed77f85f5a.png

£12k to win the premier league! Has anyone had lower at a top flight English club??

1 minute ago, FuddledFox said:

That's crazy.

Just out of interest how are the club's finances? 

What did they offer just to avoid relegation?

Haha I know!

The club is now classed as rich. The board have been tight throughout to be honest - despite me making requests every season we still have below average training facilities and basic youth facilities. No stadium expansions since we were in the Vanarama North...

To avoid relegation it was a cool £10k (which is the option I went for). 

18 minutes ago, Mr.Manager said:

To avoid relegation it was a cool £10k (which is the option I went for

Think you need to share your transfers with us. I would love to see who you spent all that money on!

How much have you spent in your rise to the Premiership, if that is all you get for a Prem Season, I would love to knlw your transfer policy...

That is insanely low for any kind of team in tje Prem

Yeah it's some sort of percentage relative to your base wage level.

When I had a base of a couple million per week, bumping it up to Winners meant that I got a huge increase (an extra 100M when transferred to wages). Same effect, but you're getting the opposite result! Started with a tiny 10K base, so when it's increased, it's only to a percentage of that tiny base. ?

Definitely the finances aren't realistic when you get to edge cases like these. 

@FuddledFox Ha fortunately i had a good amount of headroom in the wage bill so I've just adjusted the budgets and built a half decent squad!

@Fozz_Quaker Net spend over the five seasons before this one: -£16m (£3m in, £19m out)... I learnt from my Welsh league save that you can get some really good players without spending any money by loaning from the African leagues. They don't usually start very good but they sometimes grow to be beasts in the lower leagues. Also pick up a lot of 16 y/o free agents at the start of each season.

@Paul186 :laugh:

@veerus stadium capacity is 4,238. That may well have something to do with it...

@Fish18ish Haha! Na, I like the challenge!

@DIRECTFX Tell me about it!

@scratch99 That's interesting. When you say base wage level, do you mean what the wage bill currently is? At the start of the season, wages were £88k per week, so obviously very low. It's definitely true that there was barely any difference in the transfer budget between all of the different season targets.

1 minute ago, Mr.Manager said:

@scratch99 That's interesting. When you say base wage level, do you mean what the wage bill currently is? At the start of the season, wages were £88k per week, so obviously very low. It's definitely true that there was barely any difference in the transfer budget between all of the different season targets.

No I just mean whatever they are prepared to offer you. Also, I got the numbers around the wrong way (transfer budget vs wages), but it seems to be very similar in any case.

What I meant to say is that changing from Stay clear of relegation up to Winners only gives you a percentage increase on what they were going to give you anyway. So if it's low to begin with, as in this case, then the increase isn't as much you'd expect for winning the league. But if they were going to give you a lot more start with, then the increase is obviously much larger (insane in some cases).

Sorry for the confusion!

To increase the amount they'll give you in the first place, you have to (I think) work on stadium capacity and club reputation (which you can't see), etc. I'm not sure what the formula is, but as you build all the things, the budgets slowly go up. Pretty slowly compared to how fast you actually go up, but still they can go up.

Of course things like getting in the Champions League help too! ?

Although most of the time I end up with a bunch of money carried over in wages and the transfer budget is irrelevant anyway. 

I'm always on to the board about stadium capacity as it *seems* to help attract players to your club too. Really every time attendances reach the capacity, I ask for them to increase it. Whenever I get one of those "the club owes you" messages I use it to unblock the planning permission problem (can't increase because can't get planning permission). I make training facilities my number 1 priority, but stadium capacity is close second.

Anyway, it's all guesswork! 

8 minutes ago, scratch99 said:

No I just mean whatever they are prepared to offer you. Also, I got the numbers around the wrong way (transfer budget vs wages), but it seems to be very similar in any case.

What I meant to say is that changing from Stay clear of relegation up to Winners only gives you a percentage increase on what they were going to give you anyway. So if it's low to begin with, as in this case, then the increase isn't as much you'd expect for winning the league. But if they were going to give you a lot more start with, then the increase is obviously much larger (insane in some cases).

Sorry for the confusion!

To increase the amount they'll give you in the first place, you have to (I think) work on stadium capacity and club reputation (which you can't see), etc. I'm not sure what the formula is, but as you build all the things, the budgets slowly go up. Pretty slowly compared to how fast you actually go up, but still they can go up.

Of course things like getting in the Champions League help too! ?

Although most of the time I end up with a bunch of money carried over in wages and the transfer budget is irrelevant anyway. 

I'm always on to the board about stadium capacity as it *seems* to help attract players to your club too. Really every time attendances reach the capacity, I ask for them to increase it. Whenever I get one of those "the club owes you" messages I use it to unblock the planning permission problem (can't increase because can't get planning permission). I make training facilities my number 1 priority, but stadium capacity is close second.

Anyway, it's all guesswork! 

Ah i see! No worries.

So it's stadium size and reputation that's holding us back then. That makes sense. The stadium is going to be an issue, the board simply aren't entertaining any increase (like i say, they won't even improve the facilities!). I guess i just need to win things/get in Europe and have the club's reputation see us through.

Like you said though, i have plenty of leeway in the wages so it's not really going to cause me a problem. 

Just now, Mr.Manager said:

Ah i see! No worries.

So it's stadium size and reputation that's holding us back then. That makes sense. The stadium is going to be an issue, the board simply aren't entertaining any increase (like i say, they won't even improve the facilities!). I guess i just need to win things/get in Europe and have the club's reputation see us through.

Like you said though, i have plenty of leeway in the wages so it's not really going to cause me a problem. 

Yeah, who knows the exact formula, but the more you win and the bigger the stadium and reputation, etc all go into the mix (in my experience anyway, but like I say, who knows!).

BTW, if they ever close that "carry over your budget in the wages" loophole, there's going to be a lot of us in trouble! :D

12 minutes ago, scratch99 said:

BTW, if they ever close that "carry over your budget in the wages" loophole, there's going to be a lot of us in trouble!

Don't even joke about that!!

Cracking season there and I love the fact that United and City finished 2nd & 3rd and on equal points

gives it a nice poetic justice kind of feel

i hope you didn’t splash that entire budget ?