Career BatiGoal's Augusta National Golf Club Challenge

BatiGoal

The Augusta National Golf Club Challenge

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPQpgB5kn-yTsmd4iE_bN

- challenge link -

Update 13 - Hole 13

temp flower

Hole 13 - Azalea (Par 5)

I already hear you all thinking "A nice pleasant two season challenge to repair the damage after season 14". Completely and utterly wrong (which you probably expect by now), in fact it's entirely the opposite.

Challenge - First season you have to win as many trophies you can, but they must be retained the second season to count at the end. Failure to win one in the first season means you can't go for it the second season.

• Eagle - 5+ trophies
  • Birdie - 4 trophies
  • Par - 3 trophies
  • Bogey - 2 trophies
  • Double Bogey - 0 or 1 trophy

Hole 13 takes 2 seasons to complete so I've been busy winning games. Let's get straight to business and keep this update short before we get another Site is Down message.. fast forward to the end of the first season..

First Season

ANiEFix.png

We won all available trophies. All 6 of them. That puts us in a very good spot to retain at least 5 of them and earn ourselves an Eagle. Only got one thus far this career so I'd love to get another -2 on the scorecard. Let's not get ahead of ourselves so we'd better keep the focus to at least make every final and we'll see from there. We need a bit of luck in each one of them if we're to retain enough trophies for the Eagle. It went like this..

Second Season

Spoiler

Euro. Super Cup

sttckIw.png

Finals are always nerve-wrecking as anything can happen in a single game but this one went quite well. Comfortable first half and we dominated the match. I'd like to have scored to 3rd goal sooner to seal the game instead we left it till very late. 1/6 trophies.

Super Cup

NFjmEFp.png

Never in any danger tbh as Roma only got a single shot late in the game but again we left the fans worried till the dying seconds of the game before taking the win. But it's all that matters so we're happy with the performance. 2/6 trophies.

Club World Ch'ship

mXFUCzJ.png

We controlled the game from start to finish but we're keeping the tradition alive to keep things unnecessary exciting. As a manager it's frustrating to not be a little more clinical in these finals but I'm sure the fans can't care less. Trophy is ours. 3/6 + Par.

Italian Cup

rENiUea.png

Oh oh oh, we concede a very late equalizer. Was kinda hanging in the air I suppose as we failed time and time again to get the second goal in. So unnecessary and undeserved. Retaining this one is going to be tough.. we need luck here pls..

BBlOA4K.png

15 min later we created a few extra chances but it didn't quite get us anywhere. We have another 15 min to spare us the painful lottery of the shoot-out..

aJJ5ddN.png

No chances for either team other than sloppy play and loss of possession. It's the inevitable shoot-out to win trophy #4

FRr0bxh.png

Phew! I hate these things even more so if we MUST win for "challenge points". But we managed to get 4/6 trophies and get at least Birdie.

Champions Cup

sORJrxS.png

An easy win in the end vs a team that has surprisingly perhaps made the final on quite many ocassions. But we were much stronger on the night so 5/6 trophies is a fact. And so is our Eagle. Thrilled with our perfect run so far. Only the league remains..

Serie A

uNUVnEg.png

This trophy could never be in any doubt of course at this stage of the career. We've dominated the league for years and this year is no different. 6/6 trophies won. We've got an absolute awesome squad that is very incapable of losing games :) At least we suck at something.

6 Trophies Won

bXNlxNP.png

Eagle!

Golfer BatiGoal - Manager Profile

ymGn4SK.png

Have a moment to take this all in. Beautiful, is it not? Full house of 20s is so very much back on the cards right now. It's happening, no doubt, just a matter of time. And since we're 5 holes away from the finishline, time I've got.

Challenge Progress - Golf Scorecard

kuy7M9d.png

Eagle noted!

And so we jump from -8 to -10. That's the score I was longing to see from the very start so if I manage to maintain this and not hit a bunker along the way I'll be satisfied. Anything under this score I'll take as a bonus. Squad needs very few changes in pre-season to prepare for the next challenge so we're pretty much ready to roll onto the next hole.

Thanks for reading and hope you stick around for the next update. Should be a cracking one.. with.. yet another Chinese forward? And a Spanjard too? Surely that must be the oddest couple on any football pitch on the planet.

What to expect in the next update

Spoiler

Update 14 - Hole 14

P_hole14.jpg&key=e99e3f7894181dd656e6eab

Hole 14 - Chinese Fir (Par 4)

A very attractive hole full of the originally Spanish turned Chinese flowers and one that is very possible to birdie. Just what is needed after a devilish experience in Amen Corner. It's a fairly kind challenge (really!) and shouldn't cause too much stress!

Challenge - Buy a strike force of a Spaniard and a Chinese. Must *combined* score as many between them in all competitions as possible in one season.

• Birdie - 70 goals
  • Par - 50 goals
  • Bogey - 35 goals
  • Double Bogey - 20 goals
  • Triple Bogey - 19 or less goals

1 minute ago, Titjes said:

Those are 2 fantastic seasons mate ;) winning it all 2 times in row :O I'm wish I was that good :P

I'm 16 seasons into the career so I've pretty much got a perfect formation/tactics and squad right now. Also, something I've noticed is that opponents start playing players out of position a little more frequently after about 13-14 seasons or so. Unfortunate as it makes them weaker. It's something I really hoped SI would fix permanently but apparently it remains a recurring issue.

Very impressive grabbing the full house x2! I've noticed the same with players out of position, even 10 years in. Defense in particular appears to be a problem area for my opposition. Just played a team where 3/4 defenders were bright red in their position. 

4 hours ago, 1899 said:

Very impressive grabbing the full house x2! I've noticed the same with players out of position, even 10 years in. Defense in particular appears to be a problem area for my opposition. Just played a team where 3/4 defenders were bright red in their position. 

It takes away from my experience to see those reds in the opponent's line-up. Also makes 'wins' feel less good if you know what I mean. Apparently it's an issue SI have no answer to. 

4 hours ago, Taff said:

As impressive as ever BG, but then I’d expect nothing less from the #1 ranked manager

Thanks mate. Turning on the printer... 

4 hours ago, FuddledFox said:

This is like watching Tiger Woods at his peak! Do you have a Tiger Woods lifestyle away from the course?

Bettygoal would eagle my "balls" in the nearest sewer :O

Edited by BatiGoal
3 hours ago, Real_Random said:

Impressive work mate, those trophies were never in doubt. KIU

Thanks. Confidence is sky high atm but there's some tricky challenges left to play.

18 minutes ago, Cockers2505 said:

Brilliant @BatiGoal this has been such an interesting challenge and career, the effort is commendable, anybody else would of wibbled and gave up, not you 

Good luck with the final push

Thanks mate, 5-6 seasons to go should be over in a couple weeks :)

12 minutes ago, Kingsolop said:

Wow! Brilliant performance you've got there. Nice looking greens by the way(y)

Thank you. Finally found a way to pump that Discipline up so I can't wait to get a full set of 20s for the first time in my FMM life ;)

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

Very time I think you're going to slip up you nail it! Massive hole that!

I ran over a few bumps along the way but landed on four wheels everytime. Luck will run out at some point so taking nothing for granted. Thanks man. 

1 hour ago, samhardy said:

Another storming hole mate. But how the f did you manage to get that discipline up to 16?! :O Mine's just stuck on 10 haha.

That's why I'm #1 :P

Spoiler

@1899 gave me tips on what was working for him in his career re players' punishments. What seems to be working best for me is this:

• Unprofessional attitude at training - a warning for first offence and increase gradually for recurring "trouble-makers".
  • Red-carded - Def.minded players 1 week fine - Att.minded players 2 weeks fine (purely based on type of player) afterall forwards have no business getting red whereas defenders are much more susceptible to the risk for the role and position they play.
  • Multiple poor performances - looking at last five games / match ratings 1 week fine for multiple 5s ratings.
  • Media questions - I used to always defend my player regardless their performance, also because I dislike this part of the game, now I burn them to the ground if they've been playing rubbish.

So basically being a total jerk helps getting points. An honest jerk tho, right up your alley Sam :laugh::P

- challenge link -

Special Announcement

Hi Readers, something wonderful has happened to me at the start of Hole 14. Something I'd like to share with you before I present the update of the hole, it deserves a mention. It's something that wasn't exactly "planned" but BettyGoal and I are overjoyed to present you.. our son..

p65wg0s.png

There's a new kid in town who goes by the name Sven. Touted as the next Global Superstar and AC Milan legend.

Sven BatiGoal

Lx4MCok.png

My son needs some training before I throw him into the team. Currently he's on loan at a Serie B team to improve his attributes and gain much needed experience and next season will probably be the same. After a loan spell of two years he'll be 20yo and I'll see if I have a nice side-challenge for him for the remaining 4 seasons in this career. Probably an assist challenge seeing he's an Advanced Playmaker.

Suggestions for a side-challenge with Sven BatiGoal welcome

:)

Congratulations @BatiGoal and Bettygoal, I think I know the perfect side challenge Milan Goes Dutch Challenge by @danovic78. He is the perfect nationality for it and would be a fitting end for a Milan career.

Edited by Real_Random

Great suggestion @Real_Random by the time I'm done with this Golf Challenge I'll be 22 seasons into this career. With another possible 8 left this Milan 6-season challenge could be a perfect ending. Already got the club and the nationality :) if regens are allowed I'll take it on and complete the full 30 seasons, something I haven't done in a long time.

Thanks for the suggestion. 

- challenge link -

Update 14 - Hole 14

P_hole14.jpg&key=e99e3f7894181dd656e6eab

Hole 14 - Chinese Fir (Par 4)

A very attractive hole full of the originally Spanish turned Chinese flowers and one that is very possible to birdie. Just what is needed after a devilish experience in Amen Corner. It's a fairly kind challenge (really!) and shouldn't cause too much stress!

Challenge - Buy a strike force of a Spaniard and a Chinese. Must *combined* score as many between them in all competitions as possible in one season.

• Birdie - 70 goals
  • Par - 50 goals
  • Bogey - 35 goals
  • Double Bogey - 20 goals
  • Triple Bogey - 19 or less goals

I  don't want to say it but yes I'm very confident about this hole. 70 goals for Birdie is achievable with a single player, especially when you're so deep into a career and working with a perfect squad, so to get that number with a striking duo.. surely a piece of cake no? Tho I'm not worried about the Spanish part of the two, he's worldclass, but the Chinese one? Hmm.. he quite isn't. Let's meet the pair, shall we?

The Striking Force - Spain

3QQBcVk.png

He's top and all my hopes are of course on this man. I'm counting on him getting the large majority of the goals.

The Striking Force - China

u3Qaonb.png

Do you remember this man? You haven't been paying attention to my career if you don't. Shame on you! No hopes on this player, tho he isn't that terrible anymore, but whatever he scores I'll take as a bonus. He's the best Chinese player I could get my hands on.

First Half Of Season

GeLeHUB.png

Those hat-tricks feel so very good. Every time!

ly7kw3Z.png

Diaz x4 and Ma x1. 5 goals added to our total and counting... this is going great so far.

u3Og5If.png

Hat-trick for Diaz and a brace for Ma. These guys are rocking it in this team. I can't stop them even if I tried.

Goals Mid-Challenge

bZWaFKZ.png

2bwwVjA.png

52/70 for Birdie and we're just in January. This is easy. Very easy. I actually had to re-read the challenge at this point to make sure I was on the right track and not overlooked anything. I need 14 goals from each and the points are in. Let's get those remaining goals..

Second Half Of Season

SIRqMnb.png

Oh.. that's not what I had planned, but never mind. Still more than enough games to get the goals in. Right?

osO4wUR.png

Diaz was side-lined for about 10-ish games but when he returned he continued hitting the net. And so did Ma.

1QSxiUk.png

Diaz x4. Not surprised tbh as he's the World's Best at this moment.

OwfcTzi.png

And both one the scoresheet in the biggest and last game of the season. CL is ours but have they scored enough for a Birdie?

Final Goal Tally - Spain

y1VfeOv.png

54 goals, that's decent. Could've been way more of course if he'd be playing alone up front. But this will do. Only 16 needed from Ma.

Final Goal Tally - China

ukAZtkY.png

37. Much more than I anticipated from China. He played an extra 10 games over Diaz but still a solid amount for this man. 91/70 goals - we got a Birdie ! It wasn't the toughest challenge of this career truth be told but we're just as delighted with the points.

Hold on.. Everything's been great thus far. Perfect and couldn't have gone any better.. but something's been bugging me this challenge. There's been a player in the squad who hasn't quite been able to live up to the required standard and show the quality and the professionalism to earn a spot in this Worldclass squad. He ruined his loan spell at Luchese and hardly got any games because of his lax attitude so I had no choice other than to recall his lazy ass back to Milanello. And upon return he confirmed why he was given only 5 games and proved time and again why people have completely lost faith in this man becoming a club legend.

ayx8YuE.png

An embarrassement. Is this what I have brought into this world? I'm disgusted. Deeply.

XIOErzi.png

Another confirmation of this kid's "trouble-maker" status. He's making me look terrible in front of my trusted players. A farce!! This has got to stop!!

Golfer BatiGoal - Manager Profile

BzGsd4y.png

Worldly! Find me something to critique about. I can't see it. I can't. :)

Challenge Progress - Golf Scorecard

YmK5xPi.png

Birdie noted!

Ok, this was easy. A welcome hole after some much tougher ones we've managed to overcome till this point. We're on -11 and that's a nice score to be on with 4 remaining holes. Can't wait to wrap this career up as I'm a little exhausted avoiding bunkers and keeping the 100% focus during the puts. But with 5 seasons to go we're getting close to the chequered flag. I'm ready to own Hole 15 for more minus points. But, will my disgrace of a son Sven BatiGoal still be at the club?

Thanks for reading and hope you stick around for the next update. Should be a cracking one.. ohh.. it's a our last 2-season one getting no goals but assists. 80!! of them? Oh dear...

What to expect in the next update

Spoiler

Update 15 - Hole 15

temp flower

Hole 15 - Firethorn (Par 5)

Firethorn is one of the most famous holes at Augusta and is probably one of the easiest as well with the green make-able in 2 shots. In FMM terms, this is a great opportunity to gain back some much needed momentum going into the final three seasons.

Challenge - Buy a North American AMC who must get as many assists in 2 seasons as possible in all competitions.

• Eagle - 80 assists
  • Birdie - 60 assists
  • Par - 40 assists
  • Bogey - 20 assists
  • Double Bogey - 19 or less assists

3 hours ago, Real_Random said:

Impressive season mate, Diaz looked incredible. Hopefully you get Sven back on the road to success. KIU

Thanks. Will do my best to be a good manager AND parent :)

1 hour ago, Kingsolop said:

Top stuff there mate

Do you mind telling me how you bumped up your Discipline attribute? 

Thanks. Here's what I posted earlier which seems to be doing the trick for me:

• Unprofessional attitude at training - a warning for first offence and increase gradually for recurring "trouble-makers".
  • Red-carded - Def.minded players 1 week fine - Att.minded players 2 weeks fine (purely based on type of player) afterall forwards have no business getting red whereas defenders are much more susceptible to the risk for the role and position they play.
  • Multiple poor performances - looking at last five games / match ratings 1 week fine for multiple 5s ratings.
  • Media questions - burn them to the ground if they've been playing rubbish rather than always protect them.
Edited by BatiGoal